The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

PLEASE HELP! Graphic Drivers Problem!

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
So, I have a Intel ® Pentium ® CPUT4500 @ 2.30GHz processor, I have just updated to Windows 10 on it's release date. Ever since my update, I haven't been able to play Minecraft. I have talked all about the beginning of my issue here, and only one person replied. I have downloaded multiple drivers, but each time I try to install them it tells me my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements needed to be met to install the driver. I am honestly really concerned and tired. Can anyone help me? I really just want to play Minecraft.
8 years with TGOF :yum

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It seems that you are not the only one with this problem.  Researching, I have found that Compatibility Mode might be the answer.

First, find the main file that launches Minecraft and right-click on it.  Click on Properties.  Click on Compatibility.  Under Compatibility Mode, make sure the box for "Run this program in Compatibility Mode for:" is checked and select an earlier Windows version. (Best to go with the one you had before you upgraded.)

See if that works and we'll go from there.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 6 2015 on  12:58 PM
It seems that you are not the only one with this problem.  Researching, I have found that Compatibility Mode might be the answer.

First, find the main file that launches Minecraft and right-click on it.  Click on Properties.  Click on Compatibility.  Under Compatibility Mode, make sure the box for "Run this program in Compatibility Mode for:" is checked and select an earlier Windows version. (Best to go with the one you had before you upgraded.)

See if that works and we'll go from there.
I tried, it did not work, Minecraft crashed again. I had Windows 7 before, and that's what I set the compatibility to, and I pressed okay.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Have you tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it in compatibility mode?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In the event that this doesn't work then it might be a graphics driver issue.  In that case then you will need to make sure that you have the latest driver for your graphics card or integrated graphics. You can find your graphics card by right clicking on the Start Button, going to Control Panel, typing device manager in the search bar, going to Device Manager, and clicking on Display Adapters.  From there, if you tell me which brand of graphics card that you have, I can give you further instructions on how to update its drivers.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Minecraft crashed again when I tried.

I agree it is my graphics drivers, but the thing is- I have tried installing multiple Intel drivers but they all tell me my laptop doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the driver to be installed.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmmm... Which graphic adapter do you have exactly?  Which model?

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Graphic adapter? Do you mean my current driver?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No, the actual graphics card or integrated graphics.  It can be found by following those steps that I outlined earlier:

You can find your graphics card by right clicking on the Start Button, going to Control Panel, typing device manager in the search bar, going to Device Manager, and clicking on Display Adapters. From there, if you tell me which brand of graphics card that you have, I can give you further instructions on how to update its drivers.

I will be leaving shortly as I have a prior arrangement with some friends, but in the event we can't get this issue resolved shortly I will be back later in the day.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh, okay-

After clicking Display Adapters below it says "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation- WDDM 1.1)"

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, try downloading and running this program.  It should automatically update those drivers:

http://www.tweakbit.com/land/driver-update...rums.2&kw=Intel

I will be back later today if you need any further help.  Hopefully this resolves the issue, though.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No problem.  :) I hope that this fixes the problem.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
TweakBit requires a payment to update your drivers, I don't want to pay for this..

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmmm... Try this one instead:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/2...-Update-Utility

This one comes directly from Intel so it should be free.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I scanned and it said "no drivers were detected for your product".

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
I have hard horrible things about Windows 10 and graphic drivers, so I'm actually not surprised to hear that you are having this problem. As for the solution... well, have you tried to launch the game from an external program like Magic Launcher? It might fix the issue.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I really am not fond of these, I just want to play normal Minecraft.