The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Legend of Tarzan

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
So I just got back from The Legend of Tarzan, and it was actually pretty good. If you like this kind of adventure movie, you should have a good time. Yes, it isn't the most politically correct film out there, but even though a White Male in Africa is the star, I didn't think the film did any of the African/Africa-Descended actors and characters any disservice.

The hero characters are likeable, the villains are the sort you love to hate, the action was excellent, and the film wasn't afraid to slow down and let there be quiet moments. It is definitely a sweeter movie than Independence Day 2 with much more humanity to it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just looked and rotten tomatoes gave it a 35% rating apparently they didn't think it was good at all. But I might see it someday soon.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
That was probably for having a white guy as the star of a film set in Africa. I've already seen a ton of articles whining about that.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Jul 3 2016 on  06:32 AM
Just looked and rotten tomatoes gave it a 35% rating apparently they didn't think it was good at all. But I might see it someday soon.
I don't let somebody else decide for me whether I should like a film or not.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I saw it earlier today with my Girl Friend.  We both enjoyed the movie.  Fun action movie.  

Silly they are wining about Tarzan being white.  After all go read the books, he's white in the books.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Exactly people like to complain about anything these days about this movie.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Exactly. It's silly.

In all, it's a pretty straightforward Tarzan movie. If you like Tarzan, you'll like this.