The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Just thought I'd bring something up

Guest · 8 · 1171

Bruton the Iguanodon

Today, Sunday, May 5th, marks the 11th year anniversary to the day I first saw LBT 3. If you've read my story, you'll know my Dad rented it for me and my younger sister to watch (as a half-birthday present). We watched it that morning and I loved it; it was a very touching LBT film. I spent a lot of the time watching it with LBT 5 on my mind, another one I'd seen back in January 2001 (you can read about that in my story, too) that touched me, and being eager to watch it. But really...it was only once I got back into LBT a while back that I realized that it's really movie 3 I love the best.  :smile

So why am I bringing it up today? Cause that day in 2002 was a sunday, and today is the first Cinco De Mayo that's been a Sunday since than!  :smile  

BTW, the rest of that day was great. It was sunny and nice, and I remember we were out in the backyard a lot that afternoon. And we celebrated my half birthday by going out for Mexican that evening.  :smile

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dang, I wish I rememebred more of my LBT anniversaries!
I come onto threads like this and read how LBT has touched so many people and then I think, "derp when did I watch my first LBT film?"
*proceeds with many, many facepalmings*
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: StrutEggStealer,May 6 2013 on  04:41 PM
I come onto threads like this and read how LBT has touched so many people and then I think, "derp when did I watch my first LBT film?"
Haha, same here. LBT has been in my life since I was about 3 or 4 years old, and back then I didn't bother keeping track of the date! :DD

One thing I do remember is that in this pub that I used to go to with my mum there used to be this guy selling pirate copies of films on a Friday, and my mum bought me a copy of LBT 13 (I believe I was around 8 at the time). The faces of the characters on the cover really creeped me out so I never watched it! Now I'm starting to think that was the wisest decision I've ever made. :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The most accurately I can say when I watched LBT for the first time in my life was sometime in 1999, because I remember there were only six movies (6 came out in 1998, and 7 came out in 2000, so it's not too hard to make that guess) when I suddenly got interested after once watching the original on Cartoon Network.

I had gone to the local video rental place with my mom so I could watch the original movie again. When I saw there were five more movies, I almost immediately wanted to watch them all. However, my mom would only let me rent one at a time, and the rental was for a week. I still remember eagerly anticipating when I would be able to watch the next movie, until I had watched all six. My initial interest in LBT lasted long enough that I also watched 7 and 8 shortly after their respective releases, thanks again to that local video rental place.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,May 6 2013 on  02:21 PM
Quote from: StrutEggStealer,May 6 2013 on  04:41 PM
Haha, same here. LBT has been in my life since I was about 3 or 4 years old, and back then I didn't bother keeping track of the date! :DD

One thing I do remember is that in this pub that I used to go to with my mum there used to be this guy selling pirate copies of films on a Friday, and my mum bought me a copy of LBT 13 (I believe I was around 8 at the time). The faces of the characters on the cover really creeped me out so I never watched it! Now I'm starting to think that was the wisest decision I've ever made. :lol
Heh, I don't remember the dates for most of them too. I mean, I can kind of remember the year or year range. LBT1-LBT8 was between 1998-2003 roughly. It was so awesome and surreal :). I watched 10-13 as well as some of the tv show between 2004-2007 (most in beginning years). And then maybe half a year ago I decided to watch the whole show.

And then LBT9 I think 2004? LBT9 was such a memory for  me, and it's for a very sad reason. We had been at a friend's house (wife, husband, two daughters [I was the daughter's age]) and we got snacks and movies at a movie rental place. Me and one of my brothers wanted to watch LBT9 and all the others watched another movie. Except their dad. Back in about 2001, we spent 6 months in a big missionary furlough neighborhood (or something like that). Allen, the dad, would host these game nights at a building and all the kids would come to play board games like battleship and ants in my pants and things like that (I had seen him other times too). He was always so happy and helpful. Anyway, at this time in like 2004 or 05, Allen decides to watch LBT9 with us. He said he had never heard of LBT. I think he might've found it childish, but it was a happy movie, and he enjoyed it and laughed some too.

And then couple to a few years later, while we're back in our North Carolina home (we had been in florida then), my mom sniffs as she comes upstairs and tells all of us sons that Allen had a stroke (EDIT heart attack. he had had a heart condition) and was found passed away in a neighbor's yard (he mowed people's yards for the community whether they were There or not). No one was around when it happened, but my mom said he was smiling when it did. We later attended the funeral, and everyone teared up. Allen, for one, was no elderly man; he was a fun-loving, brown-haired charming man who loved children and helping others.

LBT 9 was literally the last memory I had with him alive.  :cry  :cry  :cry
I find console in the fact, however, he was a devout protestant christian, and I know exactly where he is right now
 :angel  :angel

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm so sorry about Allen.

Just so you know, I can't remember the exact date I first saw an LBT. I wrote in my story about it my first memories of it, though:

When I was about 2 or 3, in 1996 and 1997, I was disapointed by the lack of good dinosaur shows on TV. Sure, there was the Disney live action "Dinosaurs", but that just didn't do it for me. I wanted to see dinosaurs portrayed a little more realistically. And then, one day on the disney channel, I think it was probably in 1997, this awesome show was on about dinosaurs. I'm pretty sure it was "The Great Valley adventure". Anyways, I immediately loved it---this was how I thought a dinosaur show should be done!

It might have been 1996 or even early 1998, though; I dunno. I'm quite certain it was around that time, seeing as by 4th of July 1999 we'd already owned LBT 4 for a while. And yes, I'm quite certain it was LBT 2 I saw.  ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Uhh... when I first watched LBT??? hmm... I'll say between 2000 and 2002 I saw the Land before Time first. I likely watched the original or the Big Freeze first(they're still my favourites  :wow )
I think the Time of Great Giving was my third movie since I can remember watching it quite a lot back then :P:
My rediscovery was in winter 2011. I decided to watch all of them in the Winter Holidays and noted that they're one of the best movies of my childhood( Well, ok... THE best ^^)
I was especially touched by the music of the movies. However I decided to watch them the next Winter Holidays as well. So did I.
Back in 2011 I wasn't much of an internet person, but in Winter 2012 I certainly was :D
I got my laptop(I'm mainly on with it) for Christmas so I started searching for some LBT related stuff...
I randomly found a German LBT Forum, which is unfortunatily kinda dead(it's Malte's forum btw ;) )
I read all topics(wasn't that much though) and there the GoF was mentioned several times so I decided to visit this lovely place... After two days of lurking I decided to register as Ducky123( I had a long brainstorming until I decided to use that name ^^). I still lurked for some days reading mainly in the Welcome Forum to collect some information about the members here, but then Dosu2Dinner became a member here. He started his Welcome thread so I decided to introduce myself to you guys as well!
Back then I never thought I'd become so active here :P: :P:

Well, that's my story  :DD
Inactive, probably forever.