The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Gamers' Wishlist

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
I haven't got a particularly big wishlist right now, but I do really want Pokemon Scarlet/Violet when they come out. I've already decided to have Fuecoco as my starter!  :ChomperPOG

And I've been wanting to get into Kirby for a while, so I wanna pick up Kirby and the Forgotten Land as well. Looks super fun :smile

I want Splatoon 3 as well. Looking back I'm pretty blown away by how dark Splatoon 2 was :GuidoAAAAAHHHHHH Especially the Octo Expansion. I'm already excited to see where the plot for Splatoon 3 will go. And I'm super hype to see the new idols :yum

Now if only I could tear myself away from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX for five minutes
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's been over three years since the last major Lego video game came out, but now the day has finally arrived. Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga officially released today. But as much as I would love to try playing it, I typically refuse to pay full price for a video game, and I'm a little preoccupied with other hobbies lately, so I'm not really in a hurry to get this game. At the earliest, I'll probably get it during the annual sale on Steam after Christmas.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

MF217

• 밀레 시안
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://mf217.deviantart.com/
Less so a specific game and more so hardware for my PC, specifically a better GPU than the one I currently have. There are a lot of games that have gotten my attention which as of now I meet the minimum specs for, but the one contributing factor to me not meeting the recommended specs is that my GPU is severely outdated compared to what's available on the market right now. Needless to say I'm very adamant this time with trying to get my PC upgraded at long last so I can begin to have an increased interest in Steam once again.

Also, as for a specific game? Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX for Steam which I'll also probably get the Switch version later down the road as well. I already know Metroid Dread will be something I will work on getting a hold of later as well, but so far my biggest priority above all others is the aforementioned GPU upgrade.

Over a year later, about time for a status update. Let's start with the big one.

I got my GPU upgraded. However, that was about all that was changed with my PC because it was the cheapest option available without having to modify just about everything else with the hardware. However, because most of the games I already had simply needed a better GPU for me to run? This doesn't hurt as much as you'd think, and it's overall a good improvement.

I also got Monster Rancher DX on Steam, but I haven't played it yet.

I hadn't gotten Metroid Dread yet, sadly, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised of the post-release Free DLC the game wound up addressing a lot of issues I myself either saw as potential problems or other people had been wanting from the game to be addressed somehow. I actually like the fact Metroid Dread wound up breathing new life into the franchise, especially with how Nintendo just shadow dropped a remaster of Metroid Prime roughly a week or so ago from today.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
MF217
SW-2833-1633-8314
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on various games for the 3DS or Switch please.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
EA Sport's PGA Tour is on my wishlist now. I really enjoyed the old Tiger Woods PGA Tour games on the GameCube and I'm looking forward to play a brand new version of those games. I did play 2K's golf games (The Golf Club 2019 feat. PGA Tour and PGA Tour 2K21), but they really seemed lifeless without funny character animations and good commentary...

I'll wait for a sale though. It's already 40% off despite launching a month ago. I'll probably get it at the end of the year if the price is right.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A new Lego game (LEGO 2K Drive) just released yesterday, which I obviously now have at the top of my wishlist. However, due how immensely expensive it is, I'll probably find myself waiting for at least a few years to see if the price will ever come down to something a little more reasonable (especially during a sale).

- Berix

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Wish I could play Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
LEGO 2K Drive is still on top of my wishlist, but after seeing what its reduced price has been during several sales over the past year, I now have a good idea what will likely be my best opportunities to get the full content at a price I can be okay with. I have decided that while I still won't purchase it just yet, I think during Steam's summer sale in June or July will likely be when I'll finally buy that game.

However, I did get myself a couple of classic games that just recently became available on Steam. In fact, a whole bunch of classic EA games not only just became available on Steam last week, but also all of them are currently on sale for at least half off until next Thursday (here's the sale page, if you're interested to see what's available: https://store.steampowered.com/curator/36135791/sale/Classic-Games-Sale). The two games I just bought earlier today are Sim City 3000 (which was among the several various games I had fondly played a lot over twenty years ago) and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (a game that I'm sure I would've be interested in playing back then if only I knew it even existed, but at least now I'll finally have the opportunity to try it, once I can set aside enough time for it).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 07:24:01 PM by The Chronicler »

- Berix