The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rooter From the Original movie

Saft · 26 · 5668

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 14 2009 on  04:08 AM
We don't know with absolute certainty if it was really Rooter from whom Bron is supposed to have learned about the death of Littlefoot's mother. Others would have probably seen the fight as well or later on her body, but this is just another possibility while that of Rooter being the one also makes perfect sense.
Lonely as Littlefoot was one might wonder why he did not try to follow Rooter (who could have offered some protection), but one of the LBT books I have puts it like this (translated):
With slow steps Rooter walked away. There was no room in his life for a young dinosaur kid. Littlefoot understood that much immediately.
that's good, by the way where do you find these books,Malte?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
that's good, by the way where do you find these books,Malte?
That particular book dates back from my "original LBT enthusiasm" (I probably got it for my fifth or sixth birthday), but it is still offered at ebay sometimes where there are other LBT books being offered quite regularly as well. Like I said, I am not at my own place where the book is right now, but I can post the literal quote and translation of the passage once I am back.
I am quite sure that this passage same as some other interesting passages of the book are the personal interpretation of the author (I think her name is Karin Jā€°ckel), but her interpretations often make good sense.

@thebigdeal, is there any reason why you are posting Rooter quotes without anything else? We know what Rooter said, but what are you saying yourself?

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://youtube.com/BigDealStudios
hahahahaha!! I KNEW I'd get something out of that!

Bruton the Iguanodon

4 some reason I remembered 1 wrongly and thought the old guy was a longneck and might be little foot's longlost dad; in November of '08 I discovered he was a creepy mole creature and even if he does console Littlefoot he really creeps me out espicially when he first snaps at Littlefoot. Movie 1 I'm sorry isn't my favorite; 2, 3 and 4 were all better, in my opinion, cause I first saw a sequel and 1 wasn't like what I'd originally seen LBT as. 1 was overly depressing.

I do like some of the other bit-time characters though, like Elsie and and Sue and Archie.  ;)