The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4

Nick22 · 606 · 56314

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe but I'm the only one I've come across online.  in rl no one I know of really watches dr who or only saw a few episodes when pbs use to show it.  and online everywhere I look, and ever dr who podcast when they mention the daleks talk about how great they are and how scary.   If they are that popular I wonder why the bbc doesn't give the dr a dalek companion.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 24 2011 on  01:54 AM
well the irst part will be the party/wedding then the first reports that Nick and Aves are in trouble.
So once the wedding is over the two starships land?

Can't see how a starship the size of a small town can land. I wonder if they'll use shuttles to carry everyone to the starship.

I can also imagine rivalry between my characters and those Ratchet and Clank. Though my characters just want to kill Chong out of vengeance.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well Nick and Aves will leave first ans then after a couple days or so there will be a distress call. and having a rivalry is a great idea...yes they will need shurrles, as the ships are huge..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Which wedding will it be?

Who will they send a distress call to?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Scooby and Dixies wedding Kor. and they will swend a call to Stripetail.. naturally, Nick still has his ringphone from the first story..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I didn't know they had cell phones where stripetail is from.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
its magical. actually
 iand irs kinda like a walkie-talkie rather than a phone
 aestorica really doesn't have phones, but they do have lots of magical items..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess it's a place where magic & magic items are the technology.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Precisely Kor. Stripetail will be doing business with President Qwark from ratchet and Clank ( hes a buffoon with an ego the size of a planet) and will be arriving for the reception.. Bart from part 2 will be coming along ti give Spyro and Cynder new armor.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, guys. Nick's been keeping me informed on the RP and I'm thinking about joining in on the fourth part. I've got no solid ideas on who or what I'll play as yet though.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well Drake, whatever characters you'd want to play as, they'll fit right in. Good to have you back, by the way.. perhaps you should look back at parts 2 and 3 and see if any of your characters would work for part 4
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Any idea what characters you may do in the next part?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Actually, I want to finalize the ship designs.

Phoenix
Engines - Bussard fusion drive and Hyperion jump drive
Armament - 30 light laser cannons (standard) and mining laser (custom - from wrecked mining ship)
No space trooper garrison.
Primarily occupied by Nick's resturaunt.

Spire of Winter
Engines - ion drive (4x) and Strelka jump drive
Armament - 20 light laser cannons, railgun (custom - from mining colony on a planet), mining laser (custom - from a wrecked mining ship)
Has full garrison of space troopers
Has miniature town inside

------------------

Let me clean this up again.

The mining laser can fire much more rapidly than the railgun but it is much less powerful. It works by firing rapid pulses of intense laser light to vaporize the target material and cause it to expand violently, producing damaging shockwaves. This was intended to fracture small areas of asteroids to allow easier access to the minerals. Its accuracy is somewhat limited because it was never intended for use as a weapon.  

It takes about a minute to charge all the capacitors. It can fire up to three 10-second pulses before it must cool down (takes about 3 minutes or so)

The railgun is a mass driver launch system taken from a mining colony. It was originally intended to launch ore and other materials into orbit so transport vessels did not need to land on the planet. It takes a day to charge the capacitors to full power but it can be fired without a full charge but velocity is compromised. At full charge, it can hurl 200 ton container at speeds approaching Mach 12. At this speed, said projectile carries enough kinetic energy to reduce a small city to a smoking crater.  It is surprisingly accurate because of its previous use (hurling multi-ton cargo containers at hypersonic speeds requires good accuracy to ensure that they don't strike other containers or ships).

And of course, they intend to use these on Chong.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sounds fine Serris...great ideas..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
On a side note, I want to see these used in the MLP arc along with the Elements of Harmony rainbow beam.

This insanely powerful combination of "rainbow beam", railgun and mining laser will be used to battle some sort of abomination on the moon.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure that sounds like a plan...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know what characters I want to play as. There are a few Kamen Riders I could choose from like I did in the last few stories, but I want to use some characters that are more of my own creation.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I also want to add some characters that anyone can control (as long as continuity is maintained):

Spire of Winter Crew

Chief Engineer Ashton Gibel (Anthropomorphic Ferret)
Gunnery Master Gary Parker (Human)
Captain Sharon Carson (Human)
First Mate Molly Samuel (Anthropomorphic Peregrine Falcon)

I think the MLP arc needs some touching up on who's going to play who.

------------------

I don't know what characters I want to play as. There are a few Kamen Riders I could choose from like I did in the last few stories, but I want to use some characters that are more of my own creation.

Why not use both?

------------------

And I want to see my characters riding speeder bikes. Well, it would make sense for a long range starship to carry some vehicles, wouldn't it?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sure, whatever you guys want to do.. :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So let me get this straight, the first section of this RP shall be at a wedding? If that is the case, then that'll give me some extra time to get things sorted with my characters, as considering the fact that my characters have no reason to be at the wedding at all.