The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kung Fu Panda Redux

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Guess the next step is to flesh out the character into a 1st draft version.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Not only that, but Lord Shen used a guandao and throwing knives, as well as iron claws on his feet. Master Thundering Rhino utilized a hammer, and Master Croc used a type of sword as well as a mace fitted on his tail. So there are at least in-canon examples of weapons being used. Also the rhino guards at the prison in the first movie used things like crossbows and handheld weapons.

Also, I knew you'd be joining us Blitz! Crane is one of your favorite characters after all! :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pterano,Oct 24 2013 on  01:06 PM
Not only that, but Lord Shen used a guandao and throwing knives, as well as iron claws on his feet. Master Thundering Rhino utilized a hammer, and Master Croc used a type of sword as well as a mace fitted on his tail. So there are at least in-canon examples of weapons being used. Also the rhino guards at the prison in the first movie used things like crossbows and handheld weapons.

Also, I knew you'd be joining us Blitz! Crane is one of your favorite characters after all! :DD
Yep! I just couldn't pass up the chance to actually assume his role.  :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice to have the fc's filled.  And he's your favorite Blitz?  I bet you'll really enjoy rping as him then.  :)

Any sort of template for an oc, or do we make up our own?

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Oct 24 2013 on  10:15 PM
Nice to have the fc's filled.  And he's your favorite Blitz?  I bet you'll really enjoy rping as him then.  :)

Most definitely, and yep, he's my favorite... I act a lot like him half the time.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Blitz,Oct 24 2013 on  09:20 PM
Nice to have the fc's filled.  And he's your favorite Blitz?  I bet you'll really enjoy rping as him then.  :)

Most definitely, and yep, he's my favorite... I act a lot like him half the time.
He seems like an interesting character.  I've seen 1 episode where he was the main character, Crane on a Wire from season 2.

I'll make up my own template for the character tonight or tomorrow.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Oct 24 2013 on  11:19 PM
Quote from: Blitz,Oct 24 2013 on  09:20 PM
Nice to have the fc's filled. And he's your favorite Blitz? I bet you'll really enjoy rping as him then. :)

He seems like an interesting character.  I've seen 1 episode where he was the main character, Crane on a Wire from season 2.

I'll make up my own template for the character tonight or tomorrow.

The first time I saw that episode as well as Secrets of the Furious Five and "The Secret Museum of Kung Fu", it really hit me deep down that I actually have a lot in common with Crane, especially because I went through the exact same pain and torment that he went through when I was a kid: being picked on, bullied, looked down on... the list goes on. It doesn't stop there... I also have some of his genetics and personality: sarcasm, allergy problems, motion sickness, a tendency to avoid conflicts of any kind, a sense of humor, a tall, skinny/thin build, the same tone of voice (sometimes), even the colors purple (his sash/my finger and toe nails) and blue (his trousers/my eyes).

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ That's actually REALLY awesome that you relate to a character so well. :smile That'll make this a great experience I'm sure. :smile

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess half of the main fc's are taken.  

Guess I can post what I've done on my oc so far to see if any work is needed.

=============================

Name: Chaka
Race: eagle

He has been wondering around for he does not know how long.  He wears rags, though they are clean as he is.  He is a mystic martial artist.  His style is more internal then some other styles.  He has been wondering since he had gotten a vision when he was with the group he was with at the time.  It was his destiny lay elsewhere.  So he started to wonder and has since then.

May have some strength.  Not a bulky character but not thin like Crane either.  Eagles are good size so maybe average size,

around tigress size maybe, more upper body strength maybe since eagles look like in anthro they'd have that perhaps, or maybe even distribution.  I guess able to use their wings like hands and arms like I think Crane can, though sitting can use a foot as a hand also, or 1 while standing.  Does a balanced focus on strength, endurance, flexability, precision, instead of focusing mainly on one.  Perhaps endurance over raw strength, since it does help in flying a lot.  Likely in his chest area, if anywhere.  Perhaps upper back.  

------------------------------

Basic Appearance: Brownish feathers with some white on the last third of his tail and wings. Black eyes.  Wears rags, though clean rags.  Overall build ??? is an overall fit person.  ??? More muscular chest and upper back, though covered by feathers may be hard to tell.  Goes for endurance over raw strength, perhaps.

Personality: quiet, unassuming, doesn't see himself as a master,

----------------------------------------

Mystic Abilities:

limited pk: while meditating can be used to shape a handfull of water, as a type of meditating.  In combat can be used to do

some distance punches, though not all the time.   <got the idea from an episode of kung fu I saw years back where Caine does a shove or punch and it affects the person who I think was about 10 or so feet away.  Don't recall the details>
   added stuff: levitate, can stand on water or thin branches and stuff with this, enhance his flying, Daily meditations: slows or stops aging for a day or a few days, enhance resistance to disease, no need to eat or drink (or is this part of the no need to sleep meditation that's done part of the night?)

Meditations done in varius postures.

----------------------

Clothes: rags, but clean rags

Weapons:

Chakram, with straw around it to look like a straw hat, ? with thin chinstrap or not? He can pull a single grass/straw to quickly remove all the straw leaving just the metal.  Though he'd have reweave the stuff back if he wanted what looks like a straw hat again.  Or it can be thrown with the straw/grass kept on it, not hindering it's flight capability since it is in an aerodynamic shape.  It can return to his hand once thrown.

Sword with a wooden scabbard, looks like a staff & can be used as a staff, or a sword with wooden scabbard.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Oct 27 2013 on  03:28 PM
I guess half of the main fc's are taken.

Guess I can post what I've done on my oc so far to see if any work is needed.

=============================

Name: Chaka
Race: eagle

He has been wondering around for he does not know how long. He wears rags, though they are clean as he is. He is a mystic martial artist. His style is more internal then some other styles. He has been wondering since he had gotten a vision when he was with the group he was with at the time. It was his destiny lay elsewhere. So he started to wonder and has since then.

May have some strength. Not a bulky character but not thin like Crane either. Eagles are good size so maybe average size,

around tigress size maybe, more upper body strength maybe since eagles look like in anthro they'd have that perhaps, or maybe even distribution. I guess able to use their wings like hands and arms like I think Crane can, though sitting can use a foot as a hand also, or 1 while standing. Does a balanced focus on strength, endurance, flexability, precision, instead of focusing mainly on one. Perhaps endurance over raw strength, since it does help in flying a lot. Likely in his chest area, if anywhere. Perhaps upper back.

------------------------------

Basic Appearance: Brownish feathers with some white on the last third of his tail and wings. Black eyes. Wears rags, though clean rags. Overall build ??? is an overall fit person. ??? More muscular chest and upper back, though covered by feathers may be hard to tell. Goes for endurance over raw strength, perhaps.

Personality: quiet, unassuming, doesn't see himself as a master,

----------------------------------------

Mystic Abilities:

limited pk: while meditating can be used to shape a handfull of water, as a type of meditating. In combat can be used to do

some distance punches, though not all the time.   <got the idea from an episode of kung fu I saw years back where Caine does a shove or punch and it affects the person who I think was about 10 or so feet away. Don't recall the details>
   added stuff: levitate, can stand on water or thin branches and stuff with this, enhance his flying, Daily meditations: slows or stops aging for a day or a few days, enhance resistance to disease, no need to eat or drink (or is this part of the no need to sleep meditation that's done part of the night?)

Meditations done in varius postures.

----------------------

Clothes: rags, but clean rags

Weapons:

Chakram, with straw around it to look like a straw hat, ? with thin chinstrap or not? He can pull a single grass/straw to quickly remove all the straw leaving just the metal. Though he'd have reweave the stuff back if he wanted what looks like a straw hat again. Or it can be thrown with the straw/grass kept on it, not hindering it's flight capability since it is in an aerodynamic shape. It can return to his hand once thrown.

Sword with a wooden scabbard, looks like a staff & can be used as a staff, or a sword with wooden scabbard.

Based on what I saw while watching Crane's movements, he was able to use his wings and feet as hands and arms to carry and use stuff.  :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought he could but I wasn't sure since I've not seen the movies and have only seen a 3-4 episodes so far with him in them.  As for his size I was thinking maybe around the same height as Crane and Tigress.  & eagles are large birds, from what I've seen.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, I suppose it's my OC's turn!

Name:  Makoto Kagutsuchi
Alias: Raiden
Race: Cheetah
Eyes: Brown-Red
Fur: Dark Gold with Black spots

Personality:  Driven to become stronger, Makoto left his homeland behind, traveling to China to seek strong opponents and new styles to train in.  He often comes off as distant or unfeeling, however, beneath that, he's a passionate person who seeks to better himself, no matter the cost.  Pacifistic by nature, he will rarely draw his sword unless he must.  

Appearanance:  Makoto is a tall, lithe cheetah, often dressed in a slightly faded black Kimono with a worn golden design faintly visible on the back.  The kimono's sleeves are well-fitted to his arms, with wide sleeves.  Beneath his kimono, he wears a tight-fitted shirt, and black Hakama trousers.  He often wears a set of Geta sandals, and carries a worn black scabbard at all times.  

Fighting Style:  Makoto has trained himself in a myriad of fighting styles, adapting them to his own needs, merging them into his own unique style of combat.  Dubbing it "Kurotsuchi-Ryu no Ken" - Roughly translated to "Black Earth Dragon Sword" style, it draws mainly on Kendo, Iaido, Ninjutsu, and Aikido.  

Articles:  
Ancestral Katana, forged by the legendary swordsmith Masamune, named after the legendary sword "Ame-No-Murakumo".  Longer than average blade, roughly one and a half times the length of a standard blade.
Several short Kunai knives stored in wristbands under his sleeves.  
Sakabato (Reverse-Blade Sword) of similar length to the Ame-No-Murakumo
Ninjato Shortblade

Mystic abilities:

Self-translocation (Teleportation)
Adhesion to walls, ceilings, etc.
Water Walking
Fire Creation
Induction of reduced vital functions
Illusion creation
Substitution

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm gonna have to say no on that one.  Sorry, but dragons seem a touch overpowered.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
well I was going to have him based on a anthro version of the Chinese dragon and only have like two dragon abilities, flight and fire breath, but if it's ove powered I'll try something else, maybe a liger.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So I'm gonna try and get on whenever I can from time to time in order to stay as in touch with this RP as I can. I should be able to get on again hopefully in Curacao and Aruba, though Cozumel looks out since I'll be going over to mainland Mexico that day for basically the whole day.

Should I just pick up with Lord Shen and Master Viper and make a post or two (and continue over the next few days)?

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky