The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfiction Prompt Challenge Voting

rhombus · 153 · 31455

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is just a placeholder at the moment.  As soon as all of the entries have been made for the January 2016 prompt (that is, after January 31, 2017) I will announce the beginning of voting and then votes may be cast here.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, last month's participants, here you can vote for the best entry of January 2017. You will have until 11:59PM February 06, 2017 to cast your votes.  The winner will get to pick a special prompt for Fyn and I to complete.  Your choices are as follows:

Under the Cave of Many Voices
Author: Sovereign
Description: The Gang decides to return to the Cave of Many Voices on a boring evening. The trip doesn't go as planned and the seven dinosaurs and Shorty get lost in the maze of dark tunnels with an injury hindering their escape. The way out is unclear and holds potential threats...
Gang of Five link:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=15798
Fanfiction.net link:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12325394/1/Und...-of-Many-Voices

The Way I am
Author: The Wasp
Description: A one shot at our favorite threehorn and her reaction after a particularly strange sleep story. In it, she dreamed about someone she rarely thinks about, but misses heavily in her heart.
Gang of Five link:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=15820
Fanfiction.net link:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12340522/1/The-Way-I-Am

Three Children
Author: DarkWolf91
Description: Cera's Parents make a difficult choice.
Gang of Five link:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...topic=15824&hl=
Fanfiction.net link:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12346650/1/Three-Children

If we hold on together
Author: Ducky123
Description: Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike see themselves confronted with an old conflict which is endangering their friendship. When Ducky's Mother suddenly gets very ill, their friendship goes through the ultimate test. Will they continue to be the circle of friends we all know and love? And will they be able to save Ducky from the terrible fate of being an orphan?
Gang of Five link:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...opic=15778.0
Fanfiction.net link:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12346716/1/If-...old-On-Together

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bump.  Just a reminder that the participants of the last month's prompt have 3 days remaining in order to cast votes for their favorite prompt response.

The Wasp

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Yeah why hasn't anyone voted yet?

I cast mine for Ducky123's 'If We Hold On Together'

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm going to vote for The Wasp's The Way I am. I found that the story's character study, level of writing and its fitting length were a great combination to put into this short story and those things earned it my vote.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I'm going to have to vote for "The Way I Am" as well- a really excellent character study, I enjoyed it thoroughly :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've finally read all entries and here's something I just have to say... I'm jealous, jealous of the great stories you all wrote there. And also a bit... stunned.

I also think it's both a good and a bad thing that rhombus and Fyn are not to be voted for. Bad, because their entries were so excellent, that I just want to vote for them... and good because I don't have to decide who to give the vote for.

I had to think about the voting quite a bit longer than I thought... in the end, I've finally made up my mind though I can't say it's a 100% decision since all entries were amazing in their own ways. My vote goes to The Wasp this month with his story "The Way I Am"
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As all of the eligible voters have now cast their votes, I can announce that the winner for the January 2017 prompt challenge is The Wasp.  Congratulations!  :) You may now inform us via PM of what prompt you have in mind for the special prompt for Fyn and I, and we will try to complete our responses sometime this month.

But I would also like to thank everyone who participated last month.  I was amazed by the amount of participation, and I look forward to seeing what all of you come up with in the months to come.  :)

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I, too, would like to chip in with my thanks. We weren't expecting such an impressive turnout for the first month, but the forum never ceases to amaze. There's a lot of talent here, and probably a great deal more out there, undiscovered. I honestly enjoyed my time reading all of the short stories this month, and I thank you all for your submissions! Great work!

The Wasp

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Thank you. everyone! It's a great honor that my story was so highly regarded among you all. Everyone had solid entries, and I enjoyed all the fics that were submitted for this contest.

Rhombus, Fyn, I'll have the prompt up either by tonight or tomorrow.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

The Wasp

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
@Fyn and Rhombus

My prompt to you gentleman, although you have already received it. I felt it necessary to make a formal announcement.

"Where does one draw the line in the sand? Often times good and bad are seen as mutually exclusive. But the gray clouds often blur those differences until one day you find yourself unable to tell whether or not you've stayed above the abyss, or already gone over it. And then you wonder if it's too late."

Happy writing, gents. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. And don't go full blown psycho Fyn!
 :D  :goodluck

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Wasp,Feb 8 2017 on  01:32 AM
And don't go full blown psycho Fyn!

Wha- me? Nooooo  :rolleyes

Maybe just a little. I presume Rhombus has informed you that this will be my darkest work yet? Because that's what I'm starting to believe it is. There will be a great deal of alcohol consumed during the writing process, I'm sure.  :lol

The Wasp

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fyn16,Feb 8 2017 on  09:14 AM
Quote from: The Wasp,Feb 8 2017 on  01:32 AM
And don't go full blown psycho Fyn!

Wha- me? Nooooo  :rolleyes

Maybe just a little. I presume Rhombus has informed you that this will be my darkest work yet? Because that's what I'm starting to believe it is. There will be a great deal of alcohol consumed during the writing process, I'm sure.  :lol
He might have mentioned it lol

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, it's that time again! At the end of another prompt challenge, Rhombus and I are pleased to announce that the winner of last month's prompt challenge (by a VERY close margin) is Sovereign, with his short story "A Mutual Acceptance," which took the lead due to its completeness. While we had to choose a winner, we thought both stories were excellent, and dealt with a tricky (and admittedly somewhat poorly-worded) prompt in a professional and entertaining manner. We would like to congratulate Sovereign for a well-earned victory, and extend our thanks to both Sovereign and The Lone Dragon for participating in last month's prompt challenge Well done, both of you, and we both look forward to your future works!

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for this honor!  :) I'm glad to see that you found my short story worthy of this, even if it was the only finished prompt. Still, I'm happy to have been able to improve since the last month and that I've managed to put your critique to use. I've also found The Lone Dragon's entry very well done and enjoyable. In any case, I'm planning on submitting my prompt during the next three or four days.  :yes

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Well done to all who participated, I had a feeling that the fact that I couldn't complete this on time would factor in, this is what I get from trying to work on TST before working on the contest when there is a time limit. Anyway I'll still be submitting the rest of the story when I get the chance and thankfully in a less rushed manner then it turned out. I'll continue to write on the next prompt since I also have an idea for that, looks like I can throw the idea of only doing one story at a time out the window.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And here's my special prompt for Fyn and Rhombus.

"The endless, agonizing expanse of the deepest parts of the Mysterious Beyond hold many eerie and haunting locations. Ones that seem able to break anyone's spirit solely by their overall atmosphere or through threats that more often are imagined than real. However, there is always a fountain to wash your tears away in this land of decay and unseen grace..."

I hope you find this idea satisfactory and I'm looking forward to seeing the results! Have fun writing, both of you! :DD

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's my special prompt for this month.

Do a story about one of the members of the Gang living their lives before the Great Earthshake. It can be a lesson, a normal day or a little adventure but the story should be from a perspective of one of the Five dealing with the challenges of the Great Migration.

I hope you'll find this prompt interesting to do and I can't wait to read whatever you choose to write. And once again, have fun!  :yes

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll look forward to reading it as well. It should be a very good story to read and enjoyable as well.