The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spike's Birth OST?

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
So most of TLBT's OST is on the cd, but Spike's birth scene to Cera and Littlefoot's fight scene don't have an official recording. I noticed that some of the music during the tree scene doesn't quite seem to gel with the animation (I think we can all guess why), but here's the catch; it might be in one of the sequels. Yes, they blatantly reuse music in the sequels. Example; TLBT 2 uses Sharptooth's fight music for the lava scene. Anyway, if we can find this, it could give us clues about the orchestrations of Spike's birth, minor cut scenes during the tree sequence, and even . . .

*conthpeerathy time guyths*

The oasis scene.

So one of my bookie-poos mentions that the oasis scene took place after the footprint scene. I could maybe believe this, considering the sloppy edit after the scene, but here's my counter-argument. After the scene where the longnecks eat all the food, Littlefoot says, "Well, we'd better go down and see if there's anything left." Now, I'm no Bluth expert, but I have a hunch that that line doesn't fit the tone. I think the music was meant to linger longer. That was a weird sentence. Anyway, watch the edit after that. Not only is the audio oddly paced, but the supposed forest has grown less dense, and the surrounding area is different. At the end of the oasis scene, the gang supposedly goes looking for food.
But wait! There's more!
Remember how I mentioned short, cut scenes from the tree sequence? Well, the only reason they cut scenes is for violence or racial symbolism. Ann I dun see no vi'lence in da tree scene.
So did they probably discuss the greynoses and crownheads? Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeee . . .

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's a very good analysis you wrote there :)

So... here's what my take on this...

So most of TLBT's OST is on the cd, but Spike's birth scene to Cera and Littlefoot's fight scene don't have an official recording. I noticed that some of the music during the tree scene doesn't quite seem to gel with the animation (I think we can all guess why), but here's the catch; it might be in one of the sequels. Yes, they blatantly reuse music in the sequels. Example; TLBT 2 uses Sharptooth's fight music for the lava scene.
Yeah, I always wondered myself why there isn't an official recording. They indeed reuse music quite a lot, not only from the original but also from the sequels. Though I don't quite know how we could possibly know the tune we are searching for since we don't know what to look for.
The only way that might lead to success is looking which tracks from the sequels might work with Spike's birth scene (but again we don't even know its lenght :bang)
The oasis scene.

So one of my bookie-poos mentions that the oasis scene took place after the footprint scene.
With 'footprint scene' you mean the scene where they are sleeping in the footprint? Well, anyhow I think your counter-argument makes sense to me. I can't quite understand what you find odd with the quote of Littlefoot... take it for granted that I'll watch the movie later and put much attention to it.
Anyway... The oasis scene, in my opinion, must have been between the stampede and the food-gathering scene. The rather obvious change in the background from a bunch of trees to a considerably larger wood approves that. If the pictures Malte uploaded in the 'cut scenes thread' resemble the look of the movie, you'll notice quite a similarity.
At the end of the oasis scene, the gang supposedly goes looking for food.
Well, I believe the books can't be too wrong  :angel ;)
But wait! There's more!
Remember how I mentioned short, cut scenes from the tree sequence? Well, the only reason they cut scenes is for violence or racial symbolism. Ann I dun see no vi'lence in da tree scene.
So did they probably discuss the greynoses and crownheads? Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeee . . .
It would make sense for sure :) We know that Ducky hugs Spike and Littlefoot (?) since the scene made it into the trailer. I always wondered though why Ducky had such a weird expression before the cut is made.. I'm talking about her expression after Petrie asks 'I flyed?'.
I'd change your 'Maybeeeeeeeeeeee' into a 'Possibly' :D
Inactive, probably forever.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
We wouldn't have to know the length. The edits would be pretty obvious (sequel budgets, remember?).
Anyway.
Step 1: Find music
Step 2: Clean audio
Step 3: Compare to original
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit!

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
My (cryptic) notes regarding this "Lost Track" can be found here, in case they can help you; http://amcalmaron.deviantart.com/art/Land-...13729591&qo=127