The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Friends in need

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I finally got hold of one of the story book versions of the first LBT (Which I had as a kid) "Friends in need".
I've scanned all the pages onto my PC and will show them here in order.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
This is pretty cute. I love how they used scenes from the movie. And, part of me is glad they shortened the death of Littlefoot's mother.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

Yeah I'm not kidding this is were it ends, after the tar monster scene ( my least favourite part of the film) leaving the story wide open. No getting rid of Sharptooth, no Cera redeeming herself, and no gang been reunited with their family's.  -_-  Were they making this book in a hurry or something? Anyway this is the only thing that bugs me about this book. But on the up side it has screen shots of some of the deleted scenes. :)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,May 10 2014 on  06:44 PM
This is pretty cute. I love how they used scenes from the movie. And, part of me is glad they shortened the death of Littlefoot's mother.
Yep I was glad they did that too, as you can see I've put up more.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,May 10 2014 on  12:46 PM
Quote from: CeraTheRed,May 10 2014 on  06:44 PM
Yep I was glad they did that too, as you can see I've put up more.
Indeed. I plan on reading all of it. I LOVE all the deleted scenes in there, too. This is a great way to spend a Saturday. This is really, really cute.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,May 10 2014 on  07:31 PM
Thanks for sharing :yes
No prob:) I've been looking for this book for months!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing.  It was great to see the book, and some of the deleted scenes that were in the pictures and text.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Kor,May 10 2014 on  09:51 PM
Thanks for sharing.  It was great to see the book, and some of the deleted scenes that were in the pictures and text.
Yeah I remember my mum reading it to me as a kid, and I saw the page with Ducky tempting Spike with the berries and said "Hey that bits not in the film."
I didn't hear about the deleted scene till I was 17.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like a great experience.  

To bad they cut the scenes out.  The past is the past, unfortunately.  nice that it's in the book though.

I am the Great IB

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing, too bad it ended so soon but it was a nice read.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: I am the Great IB,May 12 2014 on  09:43 PM
Thanks for sharing, too bad it ended so soon but it was a nice read.
No prob. One of the reasons I got it was to share it here. Yeah it really bugged me as a kid it ended so soon. At first I thought maybe some pages were missing case it was a 2nd hand copy. But I checked on the LBT wikia and it really dose end there.  <_<

raniwasacyborg

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://cyborgrani.tumblr.com/
It might be that the publishers wanted the book to be a specific length, and if they were working to a tight deadline (if they wanted the release to tie in with the film release, for example) then the author/s might not have had the time to edit it to fit the rest in.  Either way, it's great to see this! :)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
This book is awesome! I've had it for years--its nearly as old as I am.  I never totally understood why it ended after the skirmish in the cave either, but it was a nice addition to the film.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 6 2014 on  09:23 PM
This book is awesome! I've had it for years--its nearly as old as I am.  I never totally understood why it ended after the skirmish in the cave either, but it was a nice addition to the film.
Yeah I had it as a kid too. This copy though is a new one I bought as I sold the one I had as a kid years ago. Another LBT story book I have " the search for the great valley" ends even earlier, were Littlefoot finds the great valley after the others go the wrong way. Well on the up side as you may have noticed, this book has shots of some of the deleted scenes.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Not only scenes, but also some storyline not in the film, you have to wonder if it was the intention to be in the film.  The conversation with the dinosaurs when they find the false great valley would've made an interesting banter.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for posting this...I remember having it as a kid in a paperback in the late 90s, before I even really got into LBT  that much...I think I ripped most of the pages out as the only ones I remember were the one with Cera, her dad and Littlefoot (I knew there was something up with that scene in the movie, since it wasn't as dark-looking as I remembered it being in the picture) and the last one of the tar team laughing.  :smile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon (again),Jul 10 2014 on  05:28 PM
Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for posting this...I remember having it as a kid in a paperback in the late 90s, before I even really got into LBT  that much...I think I ripped most of the pages out as the only ones I remember were the one with Cera, her dad and Littlefoot (I knew there was something up with that scene in the movie, since it wasn't as dark-looking as I remembered it being in the picture) and the last one of the tar team laughing.  :smile
My plesere. The main reason I got was to share it here.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Missing page 23:

Also, high resolution front and back cover pages:

« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 03:34:52 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26