The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Toy Story 4

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Toy Story 4 2017

“We love these characters so much; they are like family to us,” Lasseter said in a statement. “We don’t want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what’s gone before.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i have mixed feelings about this. toy story 3 was so good at wrapping everything up, passing the toys on to the next generation- that anything more would risk taking away from the previous films.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
There are no mixed feelings to be had. This is going to suck. Pixar has been one big disappointment after another since Toy Story 3. They've lost their golden touch and the existance of this film just proves that. Leave making movies to Disney from now on, Pixar. At least their stuff is actually good. Compare Wreck-It Ralph to that retarded Brave movie. Enough said. Oh God, that movie was skin-peelingly bad.
Cars 2: KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Monsters University: wow, a prequel so unnecessary that it makes the Star Wars prequels look necessary by comparison!
And Finding Dory and Cars 3 can both just burn in hell. Inside Out looks to be the most inane thing they've made yet.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Disney isnt much better. the Lion Guard? We've waited 10 years for new Lion King stuff and they... give Kiara a little kid brother? Seriously? never mind that Kiara and Kovu did nothing in Simba's pride to mark themselves as leaders(Kovu especially) and Vitani doesnt have anyone she can possibly be with in the pride, but rather than address those issues, lets have a bunch of little kid stories instead.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, Disney is much better. The Lion Guard is a single misstep out of several good projects they've made in the last half-decade. The Marvel Cinematic Universe, The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, and Big Hero 6 have all been excellent.
What has Pixar done for us in the last half-decade? Unwelcome franchise continuations as far as the eye can see and one of the saddest, most pathetic fantasy films I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i would largely agree WR, except i didnt think Frozen was THAT good. still it made 1 billion dollars, and when you make that much sequels are inevitable.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Disney has six movies lined up for the future. None of them are sequels. They are all new projects. Winnie the Pooh has been the only feature length theater-released sequel in Disney's Animated Canon that the company has released in the last half-decade.

Now let's compare that to Pixar's output from the last five years:
Toy Story 3, Cars 2, Brave, and Monsters University. One new property, total.
They also have six films lined up for the future. Four of them are ESPECIALLY UNNECESSARY SEQUELS.
I'm sorry, but Lion Guard or no, Disney is the superior creative mind right now.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Dec 26 2014 on  10:19 PM
There are no mixed feelings to be had. This is going to suck. Pixar has been one big disappointment after another since Toy Story 3. They've lost their golden touch and the existance of this film just proves that. Leave making movies to Disney from now on, Pixar. At least their stuff is actually good. Compare Wreck-It Ralph to that retarded Brave movie. Enough said. Oh God, that movie was skin-peelingly bad.
Cars 2: KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Monsters University: wow, a prequel so unnecessary that it makes the Star Wars prequels look necessary by comparison!
And Finding Dory and Cars 3 can both just burn in hell. Inside Out looks to be the most inane thing they've made yet.
You hate Brave?!?  It's one of my favorites!

I love Monsters University but really feel they almost blew it by getting them expelled!

I like Frozen and think it's good, but feel that Hans was underdeveloped as a villain and got off too easily.  I wish Hans had fire powers or something.

Or, they could have made Elsa actually be evil and turn on her sister.  It woulda killed Let It Go though if they had gone that route.  

I hope they make a Frozen 2 with a better villain than Hans.  His deceptive nature is great and to be admired for a villain (though I kinda saw it coming that Hans was gonna be bad as I could see why Anna would be so desperate but Hans was so odd falling in love that fact and Kristoff, though he doesn't seem that bright at times, could see how odd it seemed.)  

Also, for goodness sake, they should have developed Olaf more!  

Frozen is great, but, I still think they are hyping it too much!

As for Disney, they are also doing Force Awakened, which I hope they spent a lot of time on it as it's gonna be hard to do SW without Vader.

What I'd do for Lion King is make a Lion King 3: Return of the Hyenas.

I'd have Shenzi get married to Ed and the two eventually, despite appearing to be dummies, actually come up with a scheme to get back at both Simba's pride and Scar's pride (they hate them both, remember?).

Shenzi would blame all the troubles the Pride Lands have been having on lions (i.e. Scar's mess plus the Zira/Simba war.) on the lions, and say that, like the others, they were just victims of Scar.  They'd join with other creatures, perhaps desert cobra and jackals as well as the two rogue members of Zazu's family (he mentioned he had two bad apples in his family in the first film) to help her start to get the Pride Lands to turn on the lions.

To make things interesting, Timon would fall in love with this girl meerkat.  This would cause Timon and Pumba to become more and more estranged in their friendship.  Eventually, they'd have a big fight and it would look like the end of their friendship.

Meanwhile, Kovu would start getting pestered by the ghost of Scar (He is a king, albeit not a great one, so he could come back as a cloud thingy) and tell Kovu that he must avenge him and that Simba killed him (think Norman/Green Goblin and Harry Osborne and the Spiderman trilogy) and eventually Kovu would give in and try and whack Simba but fail.

Shenzi would then use the opportunity to say that obviously the lions will just make trouble and has both Simba and Kovu ousted, along with the other lions, and she and Ed become the new King and Queen of Pride Rock.

Eventually, the lions and others would try and take Pride Rock back.  Timon would get in trouble with some snakes and Pumba would show up at the last moment, cut one really bad, make the snakes pass out, and save Timon and his lover and the two would be friends again.

Meanwhile, Shenzi, Banazi, and Ed would almost have Simba and Kovu trapped and Shenzi would drop a bombshell, shooting her mouth off like Scar did in the first film, confessing to having a role in both the deaths of Mufasa and Scar, and Simba and Kovu would realize that they had no reason to be enemies anymore and would work together and fight the hyenas and eventually Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed would die in a rockslide.

Things would be back to normal again, with the hyenas and bad guys ousted, Zazus two evil relatives eaten by honey badgers, and the lions back in charge.  Timon would marry his lover but the both of them would still be friends with Pumba.  Everyone would live happily ever after.  And, the end.

Also, you're forgetting about the Pixar movie Up!  which was a masterpiece!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On the subject of why so many sequels, I remember reading some article a while ago that the reason many film and animation studios are making sequels these days is that existing franchises are less risky than creating entirely new ones.

For example, I've heard some people say that even if the upcoming Star Wars movie turns out to be a total flop, it's still make a lot of money just because it's Star Wars. Such is the power of a popular franchise, I suppose.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls