The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Legends of the New World

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
“Legends of the New World” is an idea that’s been tingling in my head for quite some time.

The set of this role-play is during the New World discoveries, and so you can locate it historically as the discovery of the New World, to which we now call America.
Typically, I would say that the idea would be free for such role-play, because it’s mostly based on real facts and we would be distorting History.

BUT that’s not the case. The plot revolves around these discoveries, indeed, but also an announcement published in a very quiet port city where the adventure is supposed to start. The announcement told about a precious jewel (wow, Wario World plus Indiana Jones <.<) depicted in tribal legends and said to exist inside a temple which’s location is known only to the worthy.

However, those who are brave enough to surpass the hard tests that lie inside the temple, the path to the temple, and the simple acquiring of the map to the temple will not have these difficulties alone. Instead, they’ll have another tribe/city (yet to decide) competing for the exact same jewel and mostly, the meaning of competition to them is kill time.

Therefore, players would have to divide themselves between the two factions (well, three if you count the tribe holding the map), or play as both, or even as a neutral character, a spy from one to another, prĂˆcis, all the hardships you could find as an adventurer that tries his luck at finding a jewel for the money, the fame, or simply, the pleasure of an adventure. There's still much stuff to figure out, bu I'll try to get it done whenever I can.

So, before I carry off myself out, I’d like to ask, who’s interested? Don’t forget the time of the setting, so weaponry is limited – more or less – but other than, it’d be the only limit. Please correct me if I’m wrong. <.<

Doubts?

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
So I went ahead of myself and made the character profile basis:

Character Profiles:
Name:
Psychological Characteristics:
Position in exploration team:
Experience in army, or other:
Most preferred weapon (We’re a little limited, remember):
Country of Origin:
Other details you may find relevant:

That should do the trick for now. In case I could forget something important, do tell :D