The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Is This The Start Of A New LBT Generation?

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
As well all know, their will be a LBT 14. I'm wondering, if it does well; do you all think their will be movies following LBT 14? With merchandise? Will the offices open back up? Will today's children be interested? Will LBT be saved? Is this another chance for LBT? :goodluck  :DD
8 years with TGOF :yum

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
If it isn't a flop, they'll make something out of it

i_guarantee_it.gif

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Most people who have watched LBT in their childhood are now old enough to have children themselves. They might consider buying them for their kids. If LBT manages to get the current generation of kids hooked, then I'd say yes yes yes!  :exactly
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
A major difficulty will be comming up with enough solid plots for further movies. In my opinion the later movies suffered from rather poor plots. Options for the script writers are relatively limited within the setting of LBT as we know it. Therefore I see the risk that they may either come up with much more "rainbowfacish" plot elements to expand their range of possibilities (a possibility which I personally dread), or there may be the risk of plots getting a somewhat repetitive mantra of dinosaur kids being chased by sharpteeth during an earthquake caused by an errupting volcano while feeling very tolerant and moralistic about it :lol
There is still room for more land before time stories which are neither mere repetitions nor breaking with everything that has constituted LBT so far. However, perhaps the makers may be able to spice things up a bit by being a bit more courageous in addressing matters which have been somewhat sugarcoated in many sequels.
In any case I am curious what we are going to get.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 27 2015 on  03:31 PM
A major difficulty will be comming up with enough solid plots for further movies. In my opinion the later movies suffered from rather poor plots. Options for the script writers are relatively limited within the setting of LBT as we know it. Therefore I see the risk that they may either come up with much more "rainbowfacish" plot elements to expand their range of possibilities (a possibility which I personally dread), or there may be the risk of plots getting a somewhat repetitive mantra of dinosaur kids being chased by sharpteeth during an earthquake caused by an errupting volcano while feeling very tolerant and moralistic about it :lol
There is still room for more land before time stories which are neither mere repetitions nor breaking with everything that has constituted LBT so far. However, perhaps the makers may be able to spice things up a bit by being a bit more courageous in addressing matters which have been somewhat sugarcoated in many sequels.
In any case I am curious what we are going to get.
Chomper's future? Adulthood? Redclaw's demise? Diffrent plots I could think of. The return of shaptooth would be cool too (but it's extremely unlikely)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

fanciful_flyer

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://https://reia73.wordpress.com/
The Land Before Time movies still have a lot of potential - in my opinion, it just depends on whether they decide to use it or not. Outwardly it does seem like they've milked the plots for all they're worth. After all, it's not easy coming up with conflict in the LBT world (at least not conflict that hasn't been used over and over.) You're basic antagonists are sharpteeth and natural disasters, and we see these in almost every movie. The question is, how do you liven things up? XD It's another reason why I have respect for the 7th movie - they decided to use a family member of one of the Gang as an actual villain. All the other "villains" were out for food. Back to the point, though - I wouldn't mind if they reintroduced certain characters like Doc, or Ally. Yeah I know we saw them in the episodes, but a movie would have been better... :( They'd have received more screen time, and been involved in a deeper plot, which would have been interesting.
Other than that, they might have to stretch things and give human attributes to the dinosaurs (I mean more so than they already have) to keep things interesting. They could introduce a new villain who - like Pterano - isn't a bad guy because he/she is hungry and following instinct, but who actually has ulterior motives of some kind. Without, of course, making it resemble the 7th movie too closely.
It might come down to this question: What haven't we already seen that isn't redundant and also doesn't drift outside of the Land Before Time world too much?
XD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think if it is well written, acted and directed, it could bring in a new generation.  I do hope it does since it could have some very good movies if they are well made.  And if this one does well there may be more after it.

Ducky_is_best_dino

• Ruby
    • View Profile
/
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:26:08 PM by Ducky_is_best_dino »

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
It depends on several factors I guess. Like if they can come up with a decent plot as others have mentioned. I guess you could say it's a 50/50 chance. But that's just my opinion
Life Is Good

SpikeTheStegosaur

• Ruby
    • View Profile
How about doing a story with the original gang as adults dealing with their own babies?