The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time XIX: The Time of Choosing

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
THE LAND BEFORE TIME XIX: THE TIME OF CHOOSING

PROLOGUE

Characters

Littlefoot - Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Cera - Triceratops (Threehorn/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Ducky - Saurolophus (Swimmer/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Petrie - Pteranodon (Flyer/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Spike - Stegosaurus (Spiketail/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Chomper - Tyrannosaurus Rex (Sharptooth) Alignment: Appears to be Good

Ruby - Oviraptor (Fast Runner/Bothtooth) Alignment: Good

Red Claw - Tyrannosaurus Rex (Sharptooth) Alignment: Evil

Screech - Utahraptor (Fast Biter/ Sharptooth) Alignment: Bad

Thud - Utahraptor (Fast Biter /Sharptooth) Alignment: Bad

Ozzy - Strutithimimus (Egg Stealer) Alignment: Evil

Strut - Struthiomimus (Egg Stealer) Alignment: Bad

Pterano - Pteranodon (Flyer/Flattooth) Alignment: Appears to be Good

Rinkus - Rhamphorhynchus (Flyer/Flatooth) Alignment: Bad

Sierra - Cearadactylus (Flyer/Flattooth) Alignment: Evil

Ali - Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Andromeda (OC) - Tyrannosaurs Rex (Sharptooth) Alignment: Undecided

Perrin (OC) - Pteranodon (Flyer/Flatoooth) Alignment: Good

Alfred (OC) - Triceratops (Threehorn/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Oviro (OC) - Oviraptor (Fast Runner/Bothtooth) Alignment: Good

The Fanged Flattooth (name not yet given) (OC) - Species not yet given (Bothtooth/Fanged Flattooth) Alignment: Pure Evil

Arianna/Mama Longneck - Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Sharptooth - Tyrannosaurus Rex (Sharptooth) Alignment: Evil

Clarice /The Old One - Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good Enough

Grandpa Longneck - Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Grandma Longneck - Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Guido Microraptor gui (Glider/ Sharptoothish) Alignment: Good

Companions of the Fanged Flattooth (OCs) (Names not yet given) (Species type not given) (Bothtooth/Fanged Flattooth) Alignment: Bad

Atto (OC) Saurolophus (Swimmer/Flattooth) Alignment: Good but a pain in the tush

Nigel (OC) Quetzetlcoatylus (Flyer/Flattooth) Alignment: Good but a pain in the tush

Antiochles (OC) Tyrannosaurus Rex (Sharptooth) Alignment: Good to Chomper and Andromeda but a Flattooth enemy

Regulus /Fast Biter Leader Velociraptor (Fast Biter/Sharptooth) Alignment: Bad

Regulus's Fast Biters Velociraptor (Fast Biter/Sharptooth) Alignment: Bad

COUPLES

Littlefoot X Ali - Dating

Cera X Alfred - Dating

Ducky X James - Dating

Petrie X Perrin - Dating

Spike X Lisa - Dating

Chomper X Andromeda - Dating

Ruby X Oviro - Dating

Grandpa Longneck (Ignatius) X Grandpa Longneck (Irene) - Married

Arianna X Bron - Married

Odul X Ela - Married

Finley X Liz - Married

Pterano X Penelope - Married

Antiochles X Ursa - Married

Topps X Tria - Married

Places

The Great Divide (Past)

The Mysterious Beyond

The Great Valley

The Valley of Sharpteeth

SONGS

The Terror of the Mysterious Beyond

Nobody There for Me

The Terror of the Mysterious Beyond (reprise)

Friends for Dinner

Remembering

You're One of Us Now

One of a Kind

Someone There for Me (to the tune of Nobody There for Me)

You Must Leave

Not Like Us

Me Been Lied To

Bestest Friends

The Terror of the Mysterious Beyond (reprise)

VILLAIN SONGS

The Terror of the Mysterious Beyond

You Need to Leave

SAD/TRAGIC SONGS

Nobody There for Me

Remembering

Not Like Us

Me Been Lied To

Bestest Friends

We are all different in this world. Nobody is the same. Yet, we can get along, if we so choose.

However, this world often finds itself divided. Separated by kinds or by other things. There are those who will judge you by what you look like. But who you are is far more important than what you look like.

The kinds were all separated throughout the world. There was only one place where they worked together: the Great Valley. Elsewhere in the world, separation by kinds was the rule.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's start back a bit earlier. Before many herds came to the Great Valley.

It was a wonderful time. Arianna had come of age. Her father Ignatius and her mother Irene were glad to see their daughter grown. The two Longnecks watched as their daughter approached Bron, her longtime friend and recent lover.

"I choose Bron." she said. "I choose Arianna." said Bron.

It was the Time of Choosing. When dinosaurs came of age, they chose a mate by saying "I choose" and then the desired dinosaur's name. When both said it, they went and had a union ceremony and became a happy married couple.

So it was that Bron, or Littlefoot as he had been called as a child, were married that day in a union ceremony. Even after Bron's parents died in an unfortunate tragedy that killed many in their herds, he still had his in-laws and Arianna.

Steg, a Spiketail, meanwhile, said "I choose Lydia." She replied "I choose Steg." So they too were married.

Ptyra, meanwhile, was with her brother Pterano. "Pterano, do you think Don will choose me?" she asked. "I believe so my dear sister." said Pterano. The two were Flyers.

They nervously approached Don. "Go for it sis. If he turns you down, he's really gonna regret it." said her brother, smiling. Ptyra smiled at him. She loved his personality. They got along really well.

"I choose Don." said Ptyra. She was really worried. However, she was overjoyed when Don said "I choose Ptyra." So Ptyra and Don were happily married and Pterano was their best man.

Saru the Swimmer approached Rolphus. They were best friends and recent lovers. "I choose Rolphus." she said. "I choose Saru." he said. So the two Swimmers were also happily married.

Meanwhile, Ovi the Fast Runner approached her longtime friend and recent lover Tor. "I choose Tor." she said. "I choose Ovi." he replied. So these two were also happily married.

Further away, Magnus, a Sharptooth, approached his longtime lover Tyra. "I choose Tyra." he said in Sharptooth. "I choose Magnus." she replied back in Sharptooth. So these two were happily married.

As time went by, all of them had eggs. Their worlds seemed too different to unite. But things have a way of happening unexpectedly, if not for them, then for their children.

However, all marriages don't have a happy ending, as would prove when the Leaf Famine struck.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER ONE: THE FANGED FLATTOOTH

The Leaf Famine came. There was a lack of food. Leaf Eaters were dying. The Sharpteeth, which hunted the Leaf Eaters, were also dying, as the lack of Leaf Eaters was causing them to die too. The famine had caused great changes.

Bron looked at his pregnant wife. He wanted to stay with her, yet they had both agreed that it was best for him to go off and find a better place for them to live. Bron left Arianna. He had no idea that he'd never, at least in this life, see her again.

Ptyra was annoyed by her brother's new friends, Rinkus and Sierra. She thought they were jerks, and evil. They filled his head with wacky ideas of leading. The two Evil Flyers were changing her brother.

Eventually, Saru and Rolphus had their eggs hatch. They had a bunch of children. One of them they named Ducky.

Topps the Threehorn and his mate Cerata had had a daughter Olivia some cold times ago. They had had only one child then Egg Stealers had helped themselves to the eggs when they weren't looking. This time, they were able to keep Egg Stealers from getting all of their eggs. One of their kids them named Cera, after Cerata.

Ptyra and Don had a bunch of their eggs hatch. One of their kids they named Petrie. Pterano, Ptyra, and Don loved the kids. Petrie had trouble flying. They tried to teach him, but he just couldn't seem to get it.

They were all good dinosaurs. However, there was one dinosaur out there who was not good. He was, indeed, a bigger monster, than the dreaded Sharpteeth. One wouldn't know this by his appearance. But he was a monster indeed. He was the Fanged Flattooth. He was wicked to the core.

He was a Bothtooth. He actually admired Sharpteeth, though he thought them inferior. While most Bothteeth would probably only eat clams and things like that, if they ate meat at all, he was different. The thrill of the chase. Watching your prey die, it amused him. He loved the taste of blood. He even liked Sweet Bubbles so much because it reminded him of blood. Yes, he was a Sharptooth inside, in the darkest sense.

"We are special son." his father had told him. "Why?" he had asked. "You see, we are neither Sharpteeth nor Flatteeth." his father had said. "Yes, I've noticed. We're both." he had said. "Precisely." his father had said. "We can survive the changes that are affecting the rest of the world. Our kind can switch diets while the others will perish. Perhaps we can come in time to help the others, but it seems that fate has decreed that our kind should be the ones in charge. Even if the others die out, we stand the best chance of staying around. As such, we need to make sure that we have as much power over the other kinds as possible so that, if the others don't hold up, we can take over." his father had said.

He liked the idea. However, right before he had come of age, his father and mother, involved in a local feud, had perished. He had avenged their deaths, of course. However, there was still their plan. It looked like he would have to take it upon himself to bring in the Bothtooth New World Order.

He would need Sharpteeth to begin his conquest. Flatteeth henchmen, at least to start out, wouldn't do. He would start by practicing misdirecting leaf eaters by using his leaf eater speaking ability. This would help him for later when he would take over many places, including, he hoped someday, the Great Valley itself. He was of the special kind after all and could speak both Sharptooth and Flattooth.

It was the time of the Leaf Famine. Leaf Eaters were dying. As the Flatteeth were dying, he saw that Sharpteeth, who hunted the Flatteeth, were also dying from the terrible changes in the Flattooth population. He wasn't affected as much. He could eat meat and plants of such great variety, and even could eat eggs. It was this famine that helped reinforce the idea his parents had put in his head that Bothteeth like him should be in charge. After all, they could lead the world in terrible times such as this.

However, the Fanged Flattooth also knew that the Leaf Famine wouldn't last. And there was the Great Valley, where he'd been a few times himself. It was indeed wonderful, but also a problem. Such a place could hold a lot of Flatteeth through a famine. But if he controlled it, then he could bring the Flatteeth, in time, to their knees.

Getting control of the leaves though, would involve lies, trickery, and, at times, sheer brute force. He was fine with all three.

He found a very promising accomplice. One simply known as "Sharptooth" by the local leaf eaters. Sharptooth and his brother Red Claw had been thrown out of the Valley of Sharpteeth after challenging the leader. They had a beef both against them and the Great Valley. Sharptooth would be most useful in his plan. Perhaps the two could soon break into the Great Valley and begin the conquest of the Flattooth world, and, by design, Sharpteeth to. They could use this famine to help manage their sinister purposes.

He was wise enough to try and talk to Sharptooth from a distance, not wanting to become a meal. Soon, his idea of misdirecting leaf eaters got Sharptooth's attention. Sharptooth was certainly brutal and could bring down leaf eaters, but it wasn't easy and easy work seemed to please him if he didn't have to fight so many leaf eaters at once.

He learned that Sharptooth didn't know where Red Claw was. He hoped to meet Red Claw soon as two fearsome Sharpteeth would speed up his plans to control the leaves. He loved Sharptooth's idea of getting the Fast Biters, whom he believed were inferior, to help with his plans. Getting Red Claw to help too would be great. However, he needed to work with the partner he had. Besides, getting too many Sharpteeth when he wasn't quite ready to handle that many was a sure way to be made dinner if he wasn't careful.

While the Fanged Flattooth schemed with Sharptooth, Arianna was with her son, Littlefoot. Bron hadn't come back and she and her family feared the worst. She had named him after her mate's childhood nickname. She had lost her other eggs to those pesky Egg Stealers.

Tomorrow, at dawn, would be Littlefoot's fifth Star Day. It would be five cold times to the day that his mother had laid his egg. He walked back home with his mother as it began to get dark. Littlefoot had finally gotten up the nerve to ask something that had been troubling him since he had heard the Treehorn say "Threehorns don't play with Longnecks!".

"Mother, why must the other kinds be apart? Why is it that way?" said Littlefoot. Arianna thought hard how best to reply. She had always hated the separation of the kinds too, as had her parents. However, nobody dared speak out against it. She sighed. "As I said, it has always been that way. I never really liked it." said Arianna. "Then why don't you do something about it? Refuse to put up with it!" said her son.

She sighed. "It isn't that easy. And it takes both sides. If the other side won't act, then you only look like a fool." she said. "Perhaps you have to act first and then, maybe someday, the other side will act." said her son. Arianna said nothing. This made sense to her. It seemed so strange that her young son had a wisdom beyond that of many elders.

"Mother, are all Sharpteeth evil?" he asked. Her son sure knew how to ask the hard questions! "Dear, that is hard to say whether someone is good or evil based on what they eat." she replied. "However, they cannot be our friends as they seek to eat us." "What if there was a nice one?" Littlefoot asked. Arianna sighed. "Nobody has seen such a thing. Nobody has tried much." said Arianna. "if there were such a thing?" asked Littlefoot, not to be unanswered. "Then, I guess you could be friends. IF it was for real and not a trick." said Arianna.

Meanwhile, the Fanged Flattooth and Sharptooth began a wicked scheme around dusk. They wandered around. The two had agreed to split their takings half and half. Sharptooth, who was bigger and stronger, well, somewhat stronger, as the Fanged Flattooth had quite a bit more strength than he let on, was upset that he wouldn't get more. However, he reminded him that he was the brains of the operation. Sharptooth had given in.

He told Sharptooth to go and hide and roar when he would signal to him. He went send the leaf eaters off and they'd go away from the main herd, which would be going off away from, as they believed, Sharptooth. He and Sharptooth would double back away from them and go and eat any stragglers.

He came to a clump of trees where Club Tails, Longnecks, and some others were there. They kept apart due to herds always being separated. He wanted to blend in and so get them to focus on him so as to get the Leaf Eaters from accidentally stumbling upon Sharptooth and giving the trick away.

He went and ate sweet bubbles, which he liked. A Club tail told him to go away, that he wasn't a club tail and so wasn't welcome there. He didn't mind and said he understood herd segregation and said that it was normal.

He next went near some Longnecks. However, Grandma and Grandpa Longneck didn't appear to mind him. He found this odd, as herd segregation seemed to rule supreme out here. The Club Tail told the lLngnecks to tell him to go away. However, they refused.

He, having gotten the attention of everyone enough, signaled Sharptooth behind his back, out of the eyes of the others. Sharptooth roared, as they had agreed.

He said that he thought that he had seen Sharptooth nearby and was heading a certain way, and had thought that he'd lost him. He sent them away from Sharptooth. Most took off to save themselves. He had Sharptooth move out of their way in time and he was hidden. The plan was working.

However, the Longnecks stayed to make sure he was all right. He assured them he was. They told him they were glad that Sharptooth had gone the other way, for their daughter Arianna and grandson Littlefoot had no idea of the danger of Sharptooth. The two Longnecks then left.

Sharptooth came out. He told Sharptooth that the herd segregation made life so easy for them. He said that if the Leaf Eaters were to ever learn to work together, the two of them would be in hot water. Sharptooth said that sadly Sharpteeth suffered from pack segregation as well.

The Fanged Flattooth said nothing. If there was one thing he feared more than Leaf Eaters working together, it was Sharpteeth working together. No, best to leave things the way they were. The other kinds were as strong as they were united and as weak as they were divided. He wished to keep them really divided.

He knew where the Longnecks had come from. As he knew they were tolerant and, as such, dangerous to his new world order, they must die now before they could be a threat later. He grinned at Sharptooth and said "I've decided. We're having longneck steak tonight." The two laughed maliciously. Sharptooth was most delighted in their meal choice, as he really hated Longnecks for what they had done to his ancestors.

Littlefoot saw his grandparents return. "Sharptooth was spotted. However, he went the other way, away from here." said Grandpa Longneck. "Sharptooth? Around here?" said Littlefoot in shock. "He went the other way Littlefoot, don't worry." said Grandma Longneck.

Littlefoot had gone to bed with his family. However, he was woken up in the early morning by a hopper. He went after it. He met Cera again. He knew they weren't supposed to be together, but he didn't care as he hated the separation of the kinds. Cera apparently didn't fully believe in it either, or else she would have left.

Meanwhile, Sharptooth and the Fanged Flattooth came near the sleeping Longnecks, who were with their daughter. The grandson seemed to be missing. He was going to kill the male one first, but, before he could get too near, he turned and saw that his partner had gone off. "You fool!" he muttered angrily under his breath.

He went after his partner, for, though he could bring down a Leaf Eater, three full-grown longnecks at once by himself seemed, as of yet, beyond his ability. He followed his partner, cursing the stupidity of Sharpteeth under his breath.

He came to a sort of watering area, and saw a young Longneck and a young Theehorn. Well, they had found the grandson at least. He was going to let his partner do his work. He'd get some of the meat, he figured.

Littlefoot and Cera were playing together when they heard a loud THUMP THUMP! They turned and saw him. Sharptooth! "Sharptooth!" yelled Cera. They both knew they were in danger of being a meal. They turned and ran. They kept yelling. Littlefoot called for his mother.

He and Cera ran into a thorn patch. Sharptooth went after them and Littlefoot was nearly eaten. Sharptooth had gotten hurt and damaged his eye. Now he was madder than ever.

The Fanged Flattooth saw Arianna coming. He couldn't let the mother show up. His partner was too busy trying to devour the kids and he would be caught unaware if she showed up. He decided to delay. After all, trickery was his specialty.

"Hello there." he said. "I heard my son calling me." she said, trying to get past. He blocked her path. "What a great mother you are, letting your kid wander off in the middle of the night." he said snarkily. "It's Littlefoot. Today is his 5th Star Day at dawn. I fear, though, that he may be in some kind of trouble." said Arianna. "I'm sure your son is probably just playing a game." he said.

They both heard the kids running from Sharptooth and also Sharptooth cry out in pain. His partner had gotten hurt! "I've got to get to Littlefoot!" said Arianna. His plan was in danger. It was time to act. He could run, as if she killed Sharptooth, he'd have to act alone and the other Longnecks would surely come after Sharptooth's defeat. He wanted this operation to work out. He needed to act personally!

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that." he said. He snarled and she realized what he was. "Fanged Flattooth!" she cried. He leapt at her and struck her with his claws. She turned and tried to kick him. He bit her. He then turned and ran circles around her, for he was one of the fastest runners in the world. He did cartwheels on his hands, spinning and slashing at her as he moved past.

It seemed he might be able to fell her, but then….POW! She whacked him with her tail. He went flying many feet into the air. He hit the ground, winded and sore. It was lucky he was so physically fit or else that blow would have done a number on him.

His partner came out, chasing after the two children. The mother confronted Sharptooth. "Kill her now!" he yelled in the Sharptooth language at his partner. His partner didn't need any persuasion, as he went for the mother instead. Arianna and he seemed evenly matched. He eventually jumped into the air and started shredding her back with his mouth. However, the wounded Longneck attacked back and he ended up slammed with her tail.

As the greatly wounded Arianna, Littlefoot, and Cera ran, both Sharptooth and he moved to strike. However, then it happened. The ground rumbled. The earth shook heavily. A chasm began to appear.

He watched as his partner fell toward the edge. Arianna rescued the children and knocked his partner, as it appeared to him anyway, to his death. He was knocked like crazy by the Great Earthshake, but, in part due to his speed, was able to survive.

When he got his bearings again, he thought the Threehorn must have fallen to her death, Sharptooth seemed dead, Arianna and Littlefoot were gone.

Arianna knew she wouldn't last long. She was glad to know that her last act had been to rebel against the separation of the kinds, for she had saved a Threehorn. It was not up to her to right the wrong of the separation of the kinds. But she knew, in her heart, that there was someone who could. Her beautiful Littlefoot.

The Fanged Flattooth moved again and smelled her out. She was alone and it was raining. Luckily, the scent was still there. She saw him again.

"YOU!" she said angrily. "Thought Sharptooth would have finished you!" he said. "He failed and he's dead." said Arianna. "Who cares? I don't care about Sharpteeth! I'm in it for me! I see you are tolerant too. You saved that Threehorn." he said. "I had to do what I had to do." said Arianna. "You are too tolerant! I cannot let you live! You've seen me! You know too much! I'll see to your son next. Your parents hopefully died in the earthshake." he said. He leapt at her and slashed and bit her in the side. She may have been able to survive the Sharptooth's bite, but this was too much. He would have killed her right on the spot had she not, with the remainder of her energy, tail whipped him again. He went sailing off a cliff created by the Great Earthshake.

Had he just been a Sharptooth, he'd have died. As it was, he had some of the climbing and other abilities of the Flatteeth. He grabbed onto a loose vine. Slowly, he clambered up.

Littlefoot was with his mother. She seemed really weak. He didn't understand why. She tried to move but couldn't. She wanted to tell her son to follow his heart, as she knew he could do a lot to help the world. She made sure that he could recall the way to the Great Valley. She then said "I'll be with you, even if you cannot see me." Littlefoot was taken aback. "What do you mean if I can't see you? I can always see you." he said. Arianna knew she was about to leave the world. "Littlefoot, let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely." she said. She then died.

Littlefoot cried out to her, but she didn't reply. Littlefoot couldn't believe it. His beloved mother, dead! He cried and cried and cried. He looked up to see the dawn coming. His Star Day, though he didn't attach that term with it yet, was right now. This was the worst Star Day of his life! He went on, for there was nothing he could do for Arianna. He needed to find the Great Valley.

The Fanged Flattooth came back up. The Longneck was dead. She would never be telling anyone now. And he could eat her now. He'd find the boy soon. He couldn't get far. He moved forward, licking his lips. "Longneck steak time again!" he said, grinning.

However, he heard many Flatteeth coming. He knew that he needed to move. He left the spot. He had never intended to lose a target and he wouldn't start now. He still would get the boy, for he had heard him calling his mother. He had already eaten the Sweet Bubbles, but he needed meat to maintain his very strong figure. Plus, he loved it.

He used his sniffer to track the Longneck. Eventually, he found him nearby, crying over Arianna's death. He let out a long cruel laugh. The crying longneck turned and said, frightened, "Who's there?". He didn't reply. Littlefoot, thinking it to be just the wind, resumed crying and moved on.

He advanced forward. He might have gotten Littlefoot, but then, suddenly, he disappeared! He went looking for him, and eventually found where he had gone. However, he met Rooter. He asked Rooter where Littlefoot had gone, but Rooter, suspicious of him, said he didn't know him and told him to be on his way.

He was furious! Even though he'd brought down a Longneck, he'd lost his partner and had already had an escapee. He kept looking for Littlefoot, but could not find him.

"So, you get away little Longneck. I hope that I get you someday Littlefoot! In the meantime, I'll take over the Mysterious Beyond! I'll use trickery to get food and rise in power. I will be known as the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond! All shall fear me! " he said. He began to sing.

"I'm the cleverest and most fearsome dinosaur you'll see.

All shall fall before my lies and trickery.

This is going to be so much fun!

My reign has officially begun!". He finished and then laughed coldly.

While the villain began his reign of evil, seeking to control the leaf and tamper with the Chain of Life itself, Littlefoot came across Cera, Ducky, and Petrie.

Meanwhile, around this time, Stega and Lydia were attacked by Fast Biters. They had lost their eggs in the Earthshake, but still had one left. They lured the Sharpteeth away from their last egg. They got into an intense fight with the Sharpteeth. In the chaos, rocks fell. There were no survivors from the chaos. The last thought of Lydia and Stega was that their egg was still safe and they hoped the baby would hatch and be found by someone.

And indeed it was, for Ducky found the new baby and named him Spike. The kids continued on toward the Great Valley. Soon, much to their shock, they found that Sharptooth wasn't dead from Cera. Littlefoot didn't want to believe it, but when the beast had appeared, they had to conclude that he was still alive.

Meanwhile, Topps had lost Cerata and most of his kids in a fight with some angry Threehorns (see The Land Before Time XVI: The Threehorn Gathering). He was upset. But at least Olivia, his older daughter, was still alive. He had no idea about the condition of Cera.

Meanwhile, Don went with Pterano. Ptyra didn't like her brother leading off the others with the promise of an easy way. Her mate had gone with him, to make sure that his brother-in-law didn't make a fool of himself. She didn't know it, but she would never see Don, at least not in this life, again. She had always assumed afterward that he had died by the Sharpteeth that had attacked Pterano's shortly afterward. Sharpteeth were an unfortunate occurrence around there.

More to her annoyance was the massive Sharptooth ambush later that claimed the life of all of Pterano's group, minus Pterano. She wasn't sure how her brother had survived. However, he didn't seem too apologetic about it, blaming the others. Thus she didn't stick up for him when he was banned from the Great Valley for life.

As for Don, she would never forget him. She would never allow a full grown Sharptooth into the Great Valley. There would be NO exceptions. She couldn't let what happened to her beloved mate happen to anyone else.

Eventually, Littlefoot and his friends made their way to the Great Valley. The kids, like them, had learned to work together. Herd segregation, at least in the Great Valley, was over. In the Mysterious Beyond, the domain of the Fanged Flattooth, it was a different story.

Grandma and Grandpa Longneck were glad to see Littlefoot. However, they, upon not seeing their daughter, had asked him what had become of her. He had broken the bad news. He had never seen his grandparents cry so hard.

He himself was sobbing hard. He openly vowed aloud at that moment that, in memory of his mother and what Sharptooth had taken from him, he would never celebrate a Star Day again. Also, he vowed that he would hate all Sharpteeth.

His new resolve was put to the test a short time later, however. After trying to rescue one of Ducky's parents' eggs from two Egg Stealers, they had accidentally gotten the wrong egg. It had hatched into a Sharptooth. It was a baby T-Rex, the very species that had killed Arianna.

Littlefoot and the others ran. However, Littlefoot came back. The creature wasn't chasing after him. He recalled what his mother had said that it was possible that there could be nice Sharpteeth. Was this one of them? Was the son of Magnus and Tyra good or evil?

He was friendly to the little guy, and even gave him a name, Chomper. They soon became friends. But was this a nice Sharptooth or had Littlefoot just made his biggest character misjudgment ever?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, now that the chapters are combined, it flows in chronological order again, something that I thought might be a pain with all of the time jumps.

The villain, originally just without a title, and later called the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond, is now called the Fanged Flattooth (it sounds sinister and the alliteration makes it sound awesome.   :lol  )

Most of the stuff about the Valley of Sharpteeth has been removed and put off till later, though a bit is mentioned in chapter one, mainly as it was there and survived the cut, though maybe I should cut it as we find out Sharptooth and Red Claw were from there later anyway and that they were brothers.

Also mentions more about other characters in here.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER TWO: SOUL MATES

It was Littlefoot's 20thth Star Day. As usual, he didn't celebrate it as much as the others had begged him. Grandma and Grandpa Longneck had mentioned how they had met. It was amusing to learn that Grandpa Longneck had fought off five Sharpteeth at once to save Grandma Longneck's life.

"Yes, it was rather impressive." said Grandpa Longneck, grinning. "Getting a Soul Mate must be wonderful!" said Cera. "It is dear." said Grandma Longneck. "But it doesn't come easy." said Grandpa Longneck.

"It not?" said Petrie in shock. "No, you have to work at it. Even if it's the right one, you have to make it work. It takes both of you to get it to work." said Grandma Longneck. "Well, I think I can get it, no problem!" said Cera proudly. "Me doubt it. You have such thick skull." said Petrie. Cera growled at Petrie, who started to whimper.

"How do you know if you finded the right one?" asked Ducky. "Your heart will tell you." said Grandpa Longneck. Littlefoot thought with a pang of his mother's final words: "Littlefoot, let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely."

"When can we get Soul Mates?" asked Petrie. "It has always been done when you come of age. It is called the Time of Choosing." "The Time of Choosing?" Littlefoot asked. "Yes. You see, when you find your true love, you will say "I choose" and say their name and she will say "I choose Littlefoot." It is then that you will be together and will have your union ceremony that night." said Grandpa Longneck.

"How romantic!" said Ducky. "Me can't wait!" said Petrie. "Well, I'm sure a lot of guys will be saying 'I choose Cera.' I wonder which one I'll say 'I choose...'?" said Cera.

"Me think that you have to wait long time. Unless your dad threaten them that is." laughed Petrie. Cera fumed and charged at Petrie. He barely dodged her three horns. "Hey, watch it!' he said angrily. "Hee!" said Cera, laughing.

Spike nodded, showing he couldn't wait either. Littlefoot, however, started to laugh.

"What so funny Littlefoot?" Petrie asked. "You guys. I mean, you're all so happy to get a mate. I mean, why bother? It's fun being single." said Littlefoot. "But you will not have a family. You will be all alone. You will. You will." said Ducky.

"Yeah, well, remember what happened to my family!" said Littlefoot. "You're not the only one Littlefoot! I lost my Mom and most of my siblings!" said Cera. "My lost me Dad He die in Mysterious Beyond. Me last see him at Great Earthshake." said Petrie.

"You really miss him, don't you?" said Littlefoot. "Yes. He and Uncle Pterano always try and teach me how to fly. Me wish me Dad could have seen me fly. Me wish me know what happened to him." said Petrie. "Did you ever ask your mother?" Littlefoot asked. "Yes. She not sure what happened. She say me Uncle Pterano not able to save him. Uncle Pterano say that he see it happen. Uncle Pterano like me new Father now." said Petrie. "Also, Littlefoot, Spike lost both of his parents. Yep, yep, yep, he did." said Ducky.

"Well, did any of you see a parent die?" Littlefoot asked. They all shook their heads. "I saw Mother die. I just can't imagine...oh, what if it happened again?" he said.

The others said nothing. He had never mentioned being there at Arianna's death to anyone but his grandparents. "Poor Littlefoot. Poor, poor Littlefoot!" said Ducky. "Me feel so bad for you Littlefoot." said Petrie. "It must have been awful, especially after she had saved me." said Cera.

"You know Littlefoot, I changed my mind about Longnecks that day. I thought we could never be together. But then, she saved my life. I was...well...changed. Just like how your Grandpa saved Dad many times, she saved me. It took me a while to get over my pride..." said Cera. "It take while? It not over yet." laughed Petrie. Cera scowled. "Enough Petrie!" said Littlefoot angrily. Petrie became quiet.

"I feel so bad calling her a 'stupid Longneck'. She was one of the bravest Longnecks I've ever met, other than perhaps you." said Cera. "That is why I want to remain single. I cannot bear losing a Soul Mate like Father did. He's never gotten over it." said Littlefoot.

"But Littlefoot, your mother wanted you to continue your herd. You are the last hope for our herd." said Grandma Longneck. "If I'm the last hope, then our herd is doomed." said Littlefoot, snickering. "I agree on that." laughed Cera.

"I like being single. Imagine having a mate bossing you around all day. A bossy female!" said Littlefoot. Petrie and Spike laughed. "Hey!" said Ducky and Cera.

"You might change your mind when you get older. You cannot shirk the task that lies before you. If you do not choose a mate, you likely won't be able to lead a herd." said Grandpa Longneck. "Well, maybe I can change the rules. I've changed so many rules before." said Littlefoot.

He went away from the others. He knocked over a small tree as he passed. He ate up the leaves from it. He stared into a pool.

He had been thinking of the only Longneck that he had feelings for, other than his family: Ali. Her face seemed to stare at him from the pool. He smiled.

But then, a snarling green face stared at him, its wicked red eyes gleaming with malice and hunger. Sharptooth!

He jumped back in surprise. He sighed. It had all just been his imagination. Sharptooth was dead. Gone where he could never harm anyone. The killer of his mother would NEVER kill again. he thought.

His father Bron came to him. He had been in the Great Valley to visit his son. "What was that about son?" asked his father. "I imagined Ali." said Littlefoot. "Ah, you like her don't you?" said Bron. "Yes, I'm rather fond of her, I guess. She comes around sometimes." said Littlefoot. "Why did you jump back?" said Bron. "I saw him. His evil red eyes. He took Mother from me. I worry, what if I lose Ali like I lost Mother?" said Littlefoot.

"Sharptooth is dead." said Shorty, who was with Bron. "Not in my sleep stories. All who threatened my family and friends and planned to harm the Great Valley have a place in my sleep stories." said Littlefoot. "Well, he's never coming back and you're safe now. No villain can get into the Great Valley." said Bron.

Littlefoot went off to rejoin the others. "Would Ali like me anyway?" he said. He doubted it would work out. After all, he was so different from other Longnecks. He was against the separation of the herds by kind. Though he had gotten Ali to change from the way she had been, she still had a lot to learn. And there was Rhett too.

"Yeah, I'd have to compete with Rhett. That wouldn't be easy." he said to himself. "Who am I kidding? I'm best alone." he said.

Nearly five more cold times went by. Over that time, as he saw his friends fall in love, he slowly started to change his mind as the Time of Choosing approached.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER THREE: GROWN UP

Littlefoot ran. Sharptooth was right behind him. His mother came and fought the beast. However, Sharptooth attacked her and she fell. The monster then went after him. He ran. The beast was right behind him. Littlefoot hoped to get to the safety of the Great Valley. However, the beast leapt into the air and attacked him in the back.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Littlefoot jumped out of his sleep. His grandparents stared at him. He felt embarrassed.

"Bad Sleep Story. I know it's silly that I'm nearly of age and am nearly 25. Yet I'm still haunted by Mother's death and Sharptooth. I know Sharptooth is dead. Yet, I feel as if there is some danger out there still. One I'm not thinking of. Something that is unfinished. That I'll have to deal with myself." said Littlefoot.

To his surprise, he saw tears in his grandparents eyes. "Arianna's death was devastating to us too. However, why can't you celebrate your Star Day? This is your 25th. It only comes once." said Grandpa Longneck. They had argued about this for weeks now. However, Littlefoot was firm. "I've got to make sure I never forget her and what Sharptooth took from me." said Littlefoot.

Littlefoot went to go see his friends. He came across Petrie and his girlfriend Perrin. It seemed so odd that such a panicky dinosaur as Petrie could ever work up the nerve to ask a girl out, yet he had. The two seemed to get along really well. Petrie had often talked to him alone about her. "Me know she The One. Me know it." he would say.

The two were flying around each other, playfully poking each other. "Me having a good time!" said Petrie. "I'm having a good time too." said Perrin.

Perrin had brown eyes and was a bit shorter than Petrie. She had baby blue wings. She also used proper grammar. She was also a good deal braver than her boyfriend. Yet opposites tended to attract, as the old saying went.

The two were horsing around so much that they accidentally collided. They had a rather painful fall to the ground. Perrin landed on top of Petrie. "Me not having such a good time anymore." Petrie moaned.

"At least you have a girlfriend. I have nobody." said Littlefoot. "Me thought you like being single." said Petrie. "Changed my mind." Littlefoot said. He'd had a change of heart over the last five cold times. If anything, it was that he wanted a family of Longnecks. Little Littlefoots out there for him to take care of.

"Hello Mr. Littlefoot." It was Atto the Swimmer (Saurolophus) and Nigel the Large Flyer (Quetzelcoatalyus). He was babysitting them. His grandparents had thought it for the best to help train him for having a family. They said it couldn't hurt. Littlefoot, who wasn't fond of the antics of the two kids, didn't share his grandparents's enthusiasm.

"Please don't call me Mr. Littlefoot. I'm not a grownup yet. You are making me feel old." said Littlefoot grumpily. "But don't you like being grown up?" asked Nigel. "I am not quite grown up yet. And, anyway, I wish I was young again. Being older isn't so easy. Grandma and Grandpa were right all along." said Littlefoot. "Sure." replied Atto skeptically.

Littlefoot sighed. These kids were good enough, though they were a pain in the tush. He sometimes wished he could introduce them to a Sharptooth. On the other hand, that was no joking matter. Littlefoot kept his frustration in check.

"What's troubling you Mr. Littlefoot?" said Atto. Littlefoot scowled at being called "Mr. Littlefoot." again. "What's it concern you?" snapped Littlefoot. "You just looked down." said Nigel. "Yes, I'm down. I'm the last of my herd and I have nobody for the Time of Choosing." said Littlefoot. "Girls, who needs them?" laughed Atto. "I once thought that too. However, I need a mate. I can't get a family without one. All my friends have a chance. Not me." said Littlefoot.

They came to Cera, Ducky, and Spike. Petrie and Perrin were also there. Cera was with her boyfriend Alfred. Ducky was with her boyfriend James. Spike was with his girlfriend Lisa.

It was good that Lisa was rather shy herself. Not many girls would have liked Spike's habit of practically never talking. "I like a man who's not too bossy. Spike is perfect." she had said. She had a sense of humor.

Lisa had come to the Great Valley two cold times ago. She had come with her mother. Her father, mother, and the rest of her herd had perished, save her aunt, many in an earthshake, the rest of the fallen had died in a Sharptooth attack sometime thereafter. Lisa, like Spike, was an orphan. So they did have an understanding.

"Hello guys." said Atto. "Hello." said Littlefoot's friends. They also had their patience tested by Atto an Nigel. Of course, the others had kids to watch too. Cera was stuck with a Threehorn kid named Susanna and a Flyer (Pteranodon) named Ptyra. The two girls drove Cera nuts too. Petrie had a Club Tail named Caleb and a Hallowhorn name Elsa. They were more tolerable, though still annoying. Ducky had two Flyer kids named Sid and Galda. She loved being around them. She seemed to have a motherly touch. Spike had two Swimmers named Redolphus and Tia. He got along fine with them. At least, everyone thought so, as he didn't talk that much at all.

"Mr..." said Nigel. "Ahem." said Littlefoot. "Right." said Nigel, avoiding calling his caretaker "Mr. Littlefoot" again, "Littlefoot has something troubling him. What is it?"

"Stop being such a budinski." said Cera. "Hey, come on!" whined Nigel. "Seriously, what wrong with you Littlefoot? Is it anything me can help with?" Petrie asked. "Petrie! Leave him alone!" Cera roared.

Littlefoot began to sing:

"Nobody there for me.

I cannot see...

a way for me to be what I was meant to be.

It seems my destiny...

to be alone for all eternity.

Oh it all seems absurd.

Without a mate how can I continue my herd?

I thought the right one would come along.

Yet poor Mother, bless her soul, when she said there would be other Longneck in the Great Valley, she was very wrong.

Mother, you promised you'd always be there.

My life seems unfair.

If you could do one thing for me,

I ask that you bring Ali, yes Ali,

bring her to the Great Valley

for I feel within me,

that perhaps she and I...we were, meant to be."

"Ali?" said a voice. It was Bron. "Yes, I miss her. I think she might be my Soul Mate." said Littlefoot. "I've never met this Ali before." said Shorty. "She's wonderful! She's so brave! She's come a long way from believing in the separation of the kinds. Still, I haven't seen her in a few cold times." said Littlefoot.

"Littlefoot has a girlfriend! Littlefoot has a girlfriend! Ha ha ha ha ha!" sang Atto and Nigel. "Cut it out!" snapped all of Littlefoot's friends minus Spike. The kids shut up.

"Littlefoot, I came to teach you how to defend yourself, and, though you've been so stubborn, I'm coming for your 25th Star Day." said Bron. "Dad, that won't be necessary." said Littlefoot. "Now son, you come of age. The Time of Choosing will come for you soon after. And I've brought my whole herd." said his father. "Here? To the Great Valley?" said Littlefoot.

"No, to the tar pits outside the Valley!" said Shorty sarcastically. "Yes he means here genius!" "Dad, I'm...well...flattered!" said Littlefoot. "It's the least I can do for you. You only come of age once. I just wish your mother..." said Bron. He couldn't continue, and tears dripped from his eyes. Littlefoot sniffled some too.

"My coming of age was with Bron. He's the closest thing I've got to an actual dad. My Mom and Dad died long before Bron found me. You still have yours. Don't punish yourself on your 25th Star Day over what happened to your mother." said Shorty.

"Littlefoot, if you want to know how to fight Sharpteeth, I can show you. Now, could you tell me what a Longneck's greatest weapon is?" said Bron. "Our feet?" Littlefoot guessed. "ANH! Wrong!" said Shorty. "It's our tail." said Bron.

"I can whack things with my tail." said Littlefoot. He whacked a rock. It went sailing into the air and crashed out of sight. Mrs. Maia came running angrily toward them. "Watch it. You almost hit me." she said angrily. "You mean he missed? Aw man!" said Atto.

"How about a moving target?" asked Bron. He aimed several stones at Littlefoot. Littlefoot was able to get most of them. "I'm doing great!" said Littlefoot proudly. However, Bron aimed a Tree Sweet that was attached to a vine at him. Littlefoot swung at it, but Bron moved the vine, causing Littlefoot to miss. Bron then swung the Tree Sweet and hit Littlefoot with it, splattering juice all over Littlefoot. Shorty, Cera, Duck, Petrie, Perrin, Spike, Atto, and Nigel all laughed. Littlefoot groaned.

"Sharpteeth can move you know." said Bron. "Yeah." said Littlefoot. This wasn't going to be as easy as he thought. Littlefoot was eventually able to block the Tree Sweet. Bron made it progressively more difficult. And, at one point, he aimed two at once. "What the?" said Littlefoot. "Sharpteeth don't always hunt alone." said Bron. Littlefoot kept trying. He was doing pretty well. However, he was soon worn out. "Dad, can we give it a rest?" Littlefoot asked. "Fine son." said Bron.

"Tippy's here! Tippy's here!" came a voice. It was Tricia. She was growing in her second horn now and was into the Time of Great Growing. "Wonder what they are doing here." said Cera to her half-sister. "I'm not sure. But they don't look too happy." said Tricia. "I wonder what is the matter." said Bron, concerned. They, plus Lisa, Alfred, James, and others, also came to have a look.

Grandpa and Grandma Longneck came out to greet the visitors. "What brings you here?" said Grandpa Longneck. "Safety. We need time to recoup. We have lost some members of our herd." said Tippy's mother. "That is unfortunate. I'm so sorry." said Grandma Longneck. "Plus, we are without a leader." said Tippy. Spike and Lisa gasped.

"What happened?" said Grandpa Longneck. "That's just it. We don't know." said Tippy's mother. "Sharpteeth most likely." said Topps, shaking his head. "It would seem like it, save for one thing." said Tippy. "What?" said Ducky's mother. "He didn't see it coming. He'd know a Sharptooth when he saw one. Who'd ever feel comfortable around a Sharptooth?" said Tippy's mother. Littlefoot said nothing. He'd done just that nine times. Particularly with one of his better friends, one of the gang, though he hadn't been to the Great Valley in over 10 cold times: Chomper.

"They took most of the body. As there was no warning or cry from him, he seemed comfortable with his attacker. It's clear that Sharpteeth were involved, but, well, I've never seen anything like it." said Tippy's mother gravely.

"Looks like another herd is coming." said Tippy. Longnecks came into the Great Valley. "Ah, my herd is here!" said Bron. "We saw another Longneck herd coming." said a Longneck in Bron's herd.

Another Longneck herd soon came in. This one, Littlefoot also recognized. He gasped. Ali!

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER FOUR: ALI'S RETURN

"Ali, what are you doing back?" he asked.

"Our herd has been attacked." said Ali.

"Let me guess, you don't know who did it?" said Topps. Ali nodded.

"Yes, it's happening to many herds. Many leaders have died. And the strangest part is, Longnecks seem to be being hit the most. Somebody wants Longnecks dead or really is looking for a Longneck." said Ali's mother.

"Is your leader dead?" Littlefoot asked.

"No, most certainly not. I've come through many terrible experiences with Sharpteeth. They will have to try harder than that to kill me." said the Old One, coming up to them.

"Yes, you are quite strong Auntie." said Ali. The Old One was Ali's great-great aunt. Her real name was Claurice. However, she was called the Old One by pretty much everyone out of respect. She'd been around 115 cold times and so knew a lot. She was near the end of her life.

"We've no idea what did it. Nobody seems to have cried out or anything. It's almost like it's a Hidden Runner, but we don't think so. It's happening many places. We are staying here for a while till I decide to leave." said the Old One.

Littlefoot's heart leapt. "Shorty, this is my third-cousin Ali." said Littlefoot, at last introducing his foster brother to her.

"Ah, so you're Littlefoot's girlfriend." said Shorty.

"I'm what?!" gasped Ali. Littlefoot nudged Shorty painfully for his lack of tact.

"Um, er, I guess." said Littlefoot, totally embarrassed and glaring at Shorty angrily.

"I wasn't aware of that. I'm rather fond of Rhett." said Ali.

"Yes, who are you fooling?" said Rhett, coming into sight. There was Rhett. He was a blueish color now. He smirked at Ali and walked next to her. Littlefoot was upset. He'd feared as much. Now what was he supposed to do?

"Does anybody have any idea who is behind these attacks?" Petrie's mother asked both Ali's herd and Tippy's herd. Neither of them knew.

"We have a name for the creature or creatures." said the Old One.

"What?" said Littlefoot.

"The Terror of the Mysterious Beyond." said Ali. She began to sing. Littlefoot loved her singing voice:

"The Terror of the Mysterious Beyond

A creature so frightening.

A most wicked thing.

He's been going everywhere.

And he's causing quite a scare." sang Ali.

"He's never been seen.

But he is certainly very mean.

The foulest fiend in all the land.

Many have died by his hand." sang Tippy.

"A creature of such frightening fame.

Yet nobody knows his name.

Everyone all huddles in fear

whenever they hear that he is near." sang Ali.

"The wickedest creature there can be.

A fiendish master of villainy." sang Tippy.

"Oh the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond.

The most frightening, Terror of the Mysterious, Terror of the Mysterious, Terror of the Mysterious Beyond." sang Ali and Tippy together.

Littlefoot was a bit worried about this Terror of the Mysterious Beyond. Yet, ironically enough, the fiend seemed to have given him a chance to continue his herd. He'd have to compete with Rhett, yet he still had a chance. Fate seemed to have dealt him a kind hand after all. Ali was within sight again. He wouldn't have to go off into the Mysterious Beyond, perhaps never to return, to find a Soul Mate.

Ali and Rhett came with Littlefoot and the others. They returned to Atto and Nigel, for Littlefoot was still supposed to be watching them. "Who are they?" asked Atto.

"Rhett and Ali." said Littlefoot. The two started to giggle.

"Ali? You mean the one that you like? Your girlfriend?" laughed Nigel.

"She's not my girlfriend. She likes Rhett more than me." said Littlefoot.

"Why don't you show him who's boss Mr. Littlefoot? Kick Rhett's tush. Get your woman back!" said Atto. Littlefoot's friends laughed. Littlefoot sighed. It wasn't like the idea wasn't tempting. However, he knew that Ali wouldn't like him fighting Rhett and that Atto's suggestion was a bad one.

"Mr. Littlefoot?" laughed Rhett.

"Don't ask." groaned Littlefoot, scowling at Atto.

"Atto and Nigel. I was assigned them. My grandparents thought it would prepare me to raise young." said Littlefoot. "However, sometimes I think I'd prefer to have been given two Sharptooth children instead. They would be less trouble." whispered Littlefoot to Ali and Rhett. Ali and Rhett both burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" asked Nigel and Atto.

"Nothing." lied Ali and Rhett, still giggling.

"Of course, I've done it before." said Littlefoot. They turned to stare at him. It was indeed true. He'd helped raise a Sharptooth for a while. He thought this most ironic as Chomper had been the very kind that had taken his mother from him. And, indeed, he'd vowed to hate Sharpteeth, all Sharpteeth, yet he'd actually befriended Chomper.

The Bright Circle went down. Littlefoot yawned. Atto and Nigel and his work with learning the tail whip had exhausted him. He went off to bed. He'd hoped that he'd try and win Ali back from Rehtt in the morning. Then he could try and continue his herd.

However, right before he went to sleep, it wasn't Ali that he thought of. It was someone else. Somebody he'd not seen in over 10 cold times. Somebody that he wasn't sure he could say was a friend or an enemy. He'd hoped they were friends, but he couldn't know if Chomper had given into his predatory nature without him around and had started hunting Flatteeth.

If that had happened, he'd failed his mother miserably by taking in Chomper. Yet, it was she would had told him that it was possible that there could be nice Sharpteeth. It had not just been Chomper's cuteness that had gotten him to take him in. It was also the idea that if he got Chomper to be nice, if he could turn him from the dark path that seemed to be set before all of his kind, he could save many Leaf Eaters. He could stop other families from being torn apart like his had. And that seemed a great tribute indeed to his mother. A lasting monument of tolerance and lifesaving. A monument to all she had lived and died for.

As he laid down and shut his eyes, he actually said his friend's name aloud. "Chomper. I wonder how you are. Chomper." he said. He went to sleep. Many miles away, the Sharptooth named Chomper moved through a forest.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER FIVE: THE FRIENDLY SHARPTOOTH

The Tickle Fuzzies ran. The Sharptooth was right behind them. They had thought they'd lost him. But then...SMASH! The tree they'd been hiding behind had fallen. It crushed many of them. The creature's red eyes glared at them. Yet there seemed to be some regret in them. Others turned to run.

However, sharp silver claws struck them and they died on the spot. Others were sliced at by claws and back talons. The Sharptooth stood over them, feeling starved.

He could easily have gotten less of them as this took a lot of effort to get so many. The alternative would be to eat Flatteeth meat. He ate this meal though. He was unwilling that any Flattooth should die to fill his stomach. He was friends with Leaf Eaters after all. Even if...even if most despised him and shouted angrily at him and then ran from him. A few times, they'd attacked him. He was usually able to get away on those occasions, though, on one occasion, his hungry parents got the offending Leaf Eaters and ate them without mercy while he looked away.

He had a kind heart and had, on numerous occasions, protected the lives of Leaf Eaters and, sometimes, killed Sharpteeth, defending himself of course, in the process. At least, he got something to eat when that happened. However, the rescued Leaf Eaters NEVER so much as looked appreciatively in his direction when he'd done this. He'd tried talking to them, but the fact that he could talk scared them. He knew they thought him dumb and stupid.

Yet, they were wrong. He was very bright. He was one of the brightest of his kind and, indeed, smarter than a majority of Flatteeth as well. For one thing, he knew a lot of Leaf Eater weaknesses, and, though he could certainly have made friends by divulging them to other Sharpteeth his age, had kept silent. He'd been in the Great Valley for over a year and so knew the strengths and weaknesses of many different Flatteeth. Out here in the Mysterious Beyond, the herds were segregated by kind and so finding a Combined Herd was out of the question.

He also was wiser than many Sharpteeth. Though packs were separated by species type and accepted by pretty much everyone, he'd always questioned his parents about this. If there could be a Combined Herd, there could be a Combined Pack. His parents couldn't say much other than that it had always been that way. Needless to say, it wasn't good enough for him.

He'd gone through the Time of Great Growing just like any other dinosaur. However, unlike many he often used to associate with, this came with things they never had to go through. He'd had to go from insects to fish and eventually to mammals. He'd been hunting birds lately too, for his unusual diet often left him feeling hungry. His claws had sharpened and become more dangerous, though, unlike nearly every other Sharptooth his age, he'd never used them on a Flattooth and never planned to. His teeth had all fallen out and he'd gotten 13-inch long ones. Though ideal for ripping the flesh of other dinosaurs, he'd never used them for such, at least, not in many cold times, and never planned to do so again.

From being short and called "Little Biter", he was now about 16 feet tall. He'd finally come into his prime and had reached his 20th Star Day, which meant he was of age. Chomper the Tyrannosaurus Rex was the friend of a Longneck, a Threehorn, a Swimmer, a Flyer, a Spiketail, and a Fast Runner. Though he'd had other friends, though none Sharpteeth, these were his main six, though he'd never seen them in many cold times indeed He'd gone back home after leaving the Great Valley, where he'd lived with his mother and father. Today though had changed that.

Chomper had left home, having come of age. He wasn't very popular in the Sharptooth world. Ok, that was the understatement of the epoch. He was the laughingstock of the Sharptooth world. Any Sharpteeth that he had met had laughed at his refusal to hunt Flatteeth or eat them. He had eaten bugs for years. However, as he grew into his teens, he started to eat fish and mammals and even non-saurian birds. He still ate bugs with those, of course. He wasn't starving but he could be eating better, but he knew what that would entail and he wasn't willing to go through with it. After all, Littlefoot had risked his life to save him and he wasn't going to betray that by eating Flatteeth.

His hunger had made his health poorer, but he would still live, though he got sick easier than most Sharpteeth. He'd spent hours hunting Tickle Fuzzies and could catch them in his sleep now.

Magnus and Tyra had given him a tearful hug and kiss goodbye and had wished him the best of luck. His father had said that he hoped that he found a mate. Chomper had had trouble suppressing a laugh. If he could go without eating Flatteeth again, for he had, though Littlefoot could never have known and he never was going to tell him that he had in fact eaten Flatteeth meat between the time he first left the Great Valley and the time Littlefoot and his friends had met him the second time, that would be enough of a miracle without the chance of getting romance when he was viewed as a, for lack of a better word, weirdo.

His parents too had taken a lot of flak from other Sharpteeth. Chomper knew that they couldn't be with larger groups of Sharpteeth as others saw him as an oddball. He felt that maybe now, with him gone, his parents could live better without him. It wasn't a pleasant thought.

He always had been haunted by what he had almost done that fateful morning. He had been reluctant to actually hunt Flatteeth for a very long time. However, after giving into despair of never seeing his friends again and knowing what he was almost certainly likely to become when he got older, he at last relented to his parents. He had been trained to hunt Flatteeth but luckily had never encountered any that his parents hadn't gotten first. However, that morning was different. He could smell the Longneck, the Spiketail, the Threehorn, the Swimmer, and the Flyer. He had come upon them. They were asleep. He had stood there, deciding how best to attack the group of them without bringing damage to himself.

The Longneck had woken up, gotten up the others, and the Threehorn had gotten up last. They had seen his shadow and took off. He had followed. They could sure run, but he was a Sharptooth and that meant he could chase after them. Try as they might, he was right behind them. Eventually, they ran into a corner. They were trapped against a cliff wall.

Rather than turn and beg for mercy or try and make a brave last stand, they had just cowered, hunkering down, shaking in terror, with their eyes shut, awaiting their ends. It would only have been too easy to have had five Flatteeth for breakfast that morning.

However, as he had glared at them, happily, hoping to bring down the Longneck first, he suddenly recognized the markings of his friend from the Great Valley. Littlefoot had taken him in when he doubted any of the others would have, as he recalled that they had all ran from him and only Littlefoot had come back. The Longneck and his friends had taught him the Leaf Eater language. He had practiced it and studied Leaf Eaters from a distance, or, in what time they had left, when his parents had caught them and they had begged not to be eaten. His was a fast learner and had picked up a ton of things from the Leaf Eaters in the Great Valley, supplementing what he had learned since then by spying on them.

He had always wondered why the Leaf Eaters ran from him. What was it about him, he had thought, that they so disliked? He even tried to ask them, but they always ran before he had gotten close. It had made him weep and weep.

One day, he had gotten up the courage to ask his mom and dad why the Leaf Eaters hated him so. They had found this question odd but answered anyway. They said that he and they were Sharpteeth and that they ate Flatteeth and that the Flatteeth knew it, or could guess it. His parents had assumed Flatteeth to be rather stupid animals. He had told his parents that he knew that they were smart. His parents had always doubted him.

One day, they had given him Flatteeth meat. He knew what it was and long refused to eat it. He instead ate dragonflies and other bugs. However, after not being able to get enough bugs, he had one day actually taken a bite and found that he had liked it. After all, the Flatteeth were already dead, he reasoned, it wasn't hurting them anyway. He did, know, however, at that moment, that he may someday be an enemy of the Flatteeth.

He had been taught to hunt by his parents, and they had practiced on mammals, which, not being Flatteeth, he had consented to. He had finally killed one sometime before he met his friends again.

His friends, no, he hadn't killed them. It wouldn't be right. After finding that, as his friends had feared and he had been too naÔve to see, his parents would indeed eat his friends, he had hid them. Later, he had protected them from a Giganotosaurus.

Later, he recalled that, after being able to get off that island when the tide had come in low one day, he and his parents had gone to the mainland again. Things had gone well for a few cold times until Red Claw, the evil Sharptooth, had gone after him. He had challenged him and his assertion that he could just boss around the other dinosaurs of the Mysterious Beyond. Red Claw had gone after him, sending his Fast Biters after him. Screech and Thud were Red Claw's two head lieutenants.

Chomper had met Ruby the Fast Runner and her family sometime before meeting Red Claw. It was lucky Chomper found them first, as his parents tended to still have the annoying habit of viewing friends of his as dessert. Ruby was a Bothtooth and hence ate meat like himself, so she wasn't as put off about him as the Flatteeth he had encountered. After seeing that he wasn't attacking her, she had come close and even showed him to her parents. After they had initially freaked out, they too realized that he was friendly.

He had gotten his parents to swear on their honor not to eat any new friends of his. They did, so he brought Ruby and her family over. Ruby's parents had fainted, but, after finding that they weren't dead, realized that they could trust the two Sharpteeth not to eat them.

Eventually, his parents had consented to having him go with Ruby in the dead of night, telling her to look after him. Red Claw had fallen for the trick and had watched his parents for a while before figuring out that he had been had.

Red Claw had eventually tracked them down and he and Ruby had to leave her family and go to the Great Valley. Littlefoot had already mentioned him in the past so he had not too much trouble getting in, though some residents like Topps and Mama Iguanodon had mistrusted him.

After he and Littlefoot had tripped Red Claw, who fell off a cliff and surely must have died, Screech and Thud had fled. Chomper and Ruby had gone back home.

"You can stay son if you want." said Magnus in Sharptooth.

"I know Father. Yet I feel that there is something out there for me. Something special. That I have some part yet to play in the great Circle of Life. For good...or..." he shuddered, "for bad. I hope it's not the latter. I'm so different from all the other Sharpteeth. It would be so easy just to..." he said in Sharptooth. But he wouldn't think of doing it. He couldn't.

Tyra knew what her son had been referring to. The curse all Sharpteeth seemed to have: they hunted their fellow dinosaurs. But her Chomper had been special. He had taken a name given him by Flatteeth and had adopted it as his official name. The Flattooth Littlefoot had saved her boy's life. Every time she hunted a Flattooth now ever since that day, she felt pity for the poor creature. Yet, it seemed too late for her to change her ways. This was her life now. She knew Magnus felt similarly. But her boy, he'd never set his claws or teeth into a Flattooth to kill. In fact, he'd saved Flatteeth before.

"Chomper, if you are set on going on, then I wish you well in whatever you choose for your life. Choose wisely. Don't let your emotions get in the way. I want you to enjoy life, but if things don't go the way you hope, then don't up on yourself. You are special Chomper."she said in Sharptooth.

The two watched their boy leave. He seemed so innocent and kind. They wondered how long he could keep it up and what he'd do if, and, likely, when, his dreams of being a Flattooth friend were to come crashing down. ,

Chomper headed off into the moonlight. Night seemed a better time for hunting. At least, that was how he accustomed himself to. He didn't hunt Flatteeth or even, if he could help it, Sharpteeth, after all.

Chomper went near a pool of water. He got fish out of it and ate them. He'd learned to feed himself and could hunt what he wanted to hunt. He could be on his own. Anyway, he was a Sharptooth. It was the Flatteeth who had to fear being alone in the Mysterious Beyond. He caught his reflection and jumped back. It scared him.

He'd once been blue and later purple. However, now he was a dark green. Bright red eyes stared at him from the pool. He saw 13-inch long razor sharp teeth. He saw razor-sharp claws and razor-sharp foot claws. He wasn't nearly as cute as his childhood. He scared himself sometimes. He sighed. "Why couldn't I have been born a Flattooth?" he asked aloud.

As he couldn't eat green, and wouldn't eat the dinosaurs who did, that meant a lot of hunting. It had been wearying, but it was worth it to him. He went off, perhaps hoping to find a few birds to snack on.

Ruby, meanwhile, was with Ovi and Tor. "Find any great guys yet Ruby dear?" asked Ovi.

"Nope Mom. I have not found one. Found one I have not." she the Fast Runner. She'd grown up and had left home three cold times ago. The Time of Choosing should have come for her, but her personality, her carefree attitude, irked guys.

"Don't worry Ruby dear. You will." said Tor. Ruby nodded. She was feeling really lonely. She went off toward her home. She lived about a mile or two away from her family. She hugged her parents, as well as her now teenage brother and sister, goodbye. She didn't like walking in the dark, for it seemed a great way to meet unpleasant things like a Sharptooth. But what choice did she have? She was grown up after all and wanting to stay home for the night just because of a fear she might get eaten seemed kind of silly.

Chomper passed near where he had met Ruby, he saw an Oviraptor who looked vaguely familiar. She turned and ran. "Sharptooth!" she yelled. Her voice, though a bit older-sounding than when he'd last heard it, sounded an awful lot like Ruby's. He moved toward her, excited that it might be his old friend. He couldn't wait to talk to her again, for he felt lonely. He underestimated what it appeared, from Ruby's point of view, what he was planning to do to her.

Ruby was terrified. She had met Chomper here many cold times earlier. However, on this spot, a full grown Sharptooth was looking at her. She noticed his red eyes, which seemed to stare at her. She saw his huge 13-inch long teeth and razor sharp claws. She knew what Sharpteeth did to those they caught: they became their meals.

She did not want to be eaten. She had escaped Sharpteeth before and so she would do again. The green Sharptooth moved faster, chasing her.

She ran, but the Sharptooth followed. She soon found that she had wandered into a dead end. She turned around to face him, terrified. He moved forward. She was trapped. She knew that this may well be her last moment on earth. She let out a scream!

Her life flashed before her eyes. Her time with her parents, Ovi and Tor, and her siblings, who now well into the Time of Great Growing themselves. Her friend Chomper the Sharptooth. He could talk. However, Chomper had been purple and cute. This one looked a lot creepier, though, she admitted, this one still had an innocent look about him. Still, one wrong move and she would be inside a stomach.

She figured that he was waiting, perhaps this was his idea of tormenting her before he finished her. She took the opportunity to think of her Flattooth friends next: Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike. If this was truly to be her end, they would NEVER see her again, at least not in this life! And they wouldn't know what had become of her either. She began to weep. It wasn't that she feared what came after death, for she had been such a kind Fast Runner that she had no fear of that. It was what she would have had in her future that made her so sad.

She wanted to have a family. She imagined a loving tall, blue crested mate and three adorable Fast Runner children running around her and her lover. One of them, a pink one with a red crest, pulled on her and said "I love you Mommy!" "I love you too dear." said Ruby. Her mate picked up the girl and handed her to Ruby. "She's adorable, just like you dear." he said. "I love you Ruby! I'm so glad I've found you. You are dear to my heart." said her imaginary mate. "I'm glad that I've chosen you. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you." she said. The two kissed.

She imagined her children older and eventually them leaving with mates of their own, while she and her mate stood joyfully watching their union ceremonies. Her thoughts came back to the present and she sobbed uncontrollably. That was what she hoped for her future: a loving family. However, it looked like instead she'd end her days as a Sharptooth's lunch. It wasn't fair! Tears poured from her eyes. She wailed. The Chain of Life seemed about to break for her. Her future gone! The future of many Fast Runners who would have existed had she lasted longer: gone!

She had to make a try. She couldn't go without a struggle. She knew it was pointless to try and fight the Sharptooth. She decided to reason with him and try and beg for her life. She fell to her knees and began pleading. She looked Chomper right in the eye.

"Sharptooth, please! I know this might be asking much, but I want to live! Want to live I do! Please! I can get you shells and other things. Don't eat poor Ruby. I want to live and have a family! I'm begging you! Please spare my life! Please!" she begged in Sharptooth. She knew the Sharptooth language, having been around Sharpteeth and, being a Bothtooth, had had little trouble picking it up.

Chomper knew Sharptooth. It was Ruby. He came forward eagerly. She, however, still didn't recognize him.

She noticed that he wasn't backing off. She figured that meant that her life was about to end. She wondered how dying would feel. Would it hurt a lot or would it go quickly? Would the Sharptooth be at least decent enough to get it over with quickly or would he drag it out so that she suffered? The Sharptooth stared at her. His lips curled into a smile.

What does that mean? Is he going to spare me or am I about to learn firsthand what happens to creatures Sharpteeth catch? she thought. She glared at the Sharptooth with strong hatred, furious at what he was going to take from her. It wasn't just her life, it was the future of many Fast Runners! She put her hands over her head and sobbed.

She shut her eyes. She thought the Sharptooth looked underfed. Well, he had been underfed, she thought miserably. In a few moments, he'd have something in his stomach: her! "Please get it over with." she said in Sharptooth, resigned.

She wasn't going to watch teeth and/or claws coming down at her. Images of her six great friends, as she had last known them, as well as her family, flashed through her mind. If this was the end, they were going to be the last thing she thought of. They would never know what had become of her. On the other hand, perhaps this was best, as the truth would greatly sadden them.

Chomper stared at Ruby. She seemed to be expecting death. He sighed. Being a Sharptooth meant that every non-Sharptooth you met expected you to kill them he figured. The strong look of hatred she had given him shocked him. The agony in Ruby made him so sad and was at the heart of why he never hunted Flatteeth. It would hurt his conscience too much to have to do that to someone, even for food. Tears dripped from his own eyes at Ruby's desire to have a family and her fear that he was going to take that away from her.

He gently patted her on the back with one of his clawed hands. She nearly jumped out of her skin. "This is it! I'm done for!" she cried.

"Ruby, you know me. We went to the Great Valley together to hide from Red Claw, Screech, and Thud. It's Chomper, your friend." he said. Her eyes flew open and she turned and stared at him. "Chomper?" she said in shock. He nodded.

She ran up to him and hugged his leg. She admitted, he had had a growth spurt or two since they'd last met and his head was out of her reach. As he didn't attack her, she knew that he was still the same Chomper as always. "Hello my old friend, my old friend hello." she said. "I'm so glad to see you again Ruby." said Chomper.

"I'm so glad to see you too buddy. I thought you were going to eat me and that I'd never get to have a loving mate and adorable children." she said. "Nah, I've found that Fast Runners taste awful. You're fine Ruby." he said. She knew he was joking and they both burst out laughing.

"Seriously Ruby, I want you to find your heart's desire and would never take that by snacking on you. You, unlike me, at least have a chance of getting a mate at the Time of Choosing." he said.

They both had come of age. He just now at 20 and she at 22. She was still single though. He knew that he wasn't likely to find romance as a Flattooth friend. "Ruby, the Time of Choosing came for you three cold times ago. Why didn't you find the right one yet?" he asked her.

"Chomper, I often feel under-appreciated. I feel unimportant as nobody listens to what I have to say as they feel that what I have to say is unimportant." she said. "I don't believe that." said Chomper. "Thank you Chomper. However, sometimes I wish I could be in charge to be important as being in charge makes one important." said Ruby. "You already are important." said Chomper.

"Guys don't just appreciate me. Perhaps it is my carefree personality." said Ruby. "Their loss." said Chomper. "If anyone gives you trouble, I can always eat them." he said. They again burst out laughing.

"So, I've told you about me. Told you about me I have. What about you?" said Ruby. Chomper told her about his life. "Glad you haven't hunted Flatteeth. I'd have feared, but, then again, I know you. Still, you're welcome to eat shells with me too. It can help your diet" she said. "Thank you Ruby." he said.

"Do you have a girlfriend? If you have a girlfriend, I'd like to meet her, if she's safe. If she's not safe, I'm not sure I'd like to meet her as she wouldn't be safe and might eat me." said Ruby. Chomper laughed hard. "Ruby, I'm an oddball Sharptooth! No girl is going to want a guy who won't hunt Flatteeth." he said. "Don't count your eggs before they hatch Chomper. Being so sure about that is something you shouldn't do as the right one may come along soon." said Ruby. Chomper desperately hoped that she was right. "I hope you're right. I've got no Sharptooth friends." he said. "You're so lovable! So lovable you are that you must pull at someone's heart strings. Pull at someone's heart strings you shall, someday." said Ruby.

"So, how are things going on around here?" he asked here. "Chomper, there are many things going on around here. Bad things." said Ruby.

"I'd hoped that I was the worst 'bad' thing to happen around here lately." he said. She smiled weakly. "No such luck buddy. For one, Red Claw has come back." said Ruby. "Red Claw is dead!' said Chomper. He'd seen Red Claw fall.

"He's back, I'm afraid, and so are Screech and Thud. And, even worse, he's gotten more Fast Biters. He's been worse than ever around here. " said Ruby. "Well, I'm older now. Maybe I can take him." said Chomper, flexing his muscles. Ruby laughed. "Chomper, Red Claw has been around longer than you. He probably won't be that easy to beat. You got lucky last time." said Ruby.

"And Chomper, Red Claw isn't the worst of the news." said Ruby. "There have been many fatal attacks around here. None of my own kind have been hit at all. But others haven't been so lucky. Many Spiketails have died. The Leader of Tippy's herd was killed." said Ruby. "Was it Red Claw?" Chomper asked.

"We're not sure, but it doesn't appear so. The Spiketail Leader didn't appear to see it coming. He appeared comfortable with whoever he was with. He certainly wouldn't have been comfortable with Red Claw." said Ruby. "Swimmers, Threehorns, Club Tails, even Sharpteeth have been found dead. Egg Stealers too. However, there seems to be one kind that seems to be really getting it." said Ruby.

"What?" said Chomper. "Longnecks. Who is behind this seems to have it in for Longnecks or be looking for someone who is a Longneck." said Ruby.

Chomper immediately thought of Littlefoot. Luckily he was safe in the Great Valley. But what about Rhett, Shorty, Ali, and Bron? Were they in danger or were they….were they…..?

"The being is known just as the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond. Attacks are happening pretty much everywhere. Your area must be one of the few ones not to have hits. Sharpteeth aren't hit as much. As for the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond, nobody has seen the creature." said Ruby. "Any safe places out there?" Chomper asked. "Yes, the Great Valley has had no hits yet. The Great Wall appears to be working. I doubt they even know much of it is going on." said Ruby.

"How are things in the Great Valley?" Chomper asked. Ruby shook her head. "Haven't been back there yet. I could have but never got around to it." said Ruby. Chomper sighed. How he missed his friends!

"Herd separation seems to be on the rise lately. It's such a pity. We need to cooperate to fight this fiend, not stick to our own kinds so we can die alone which is what we'll do if we stick to our own kinds." said Ruby.

The two walked on. He was glad to hear that Rhett, Shorty, Ali, and Bron weren't among the dead. They walked into the middle of a desert. That's when they saw him. Red Claw!

The evil Sharptooth came toward them. "Hey, you, hand over the Fast Runner, she's mine!" said Red Claw in Sharptooth to Chomper. "No!" said Chomper. "Screech, Thud, Regulus, go teach our friends some manners!" said Red Claw to his two Utahraptor minions and a new Velociraptor minion in Sharptooth. They advanced toward Chomper and Ruby. "Run!" Chomper told her. She didn't need telling twice.

The two ran. Eventually, they were cornered. More and more Fast Biters were closing in on them. Red Claw approached, grinning.

"Before I rip you into bits, might I have the pleasure of your name?" Red Claw asked in Sharptooth. "You know me stink breath! My name is Chomper!" said Chomper in Sharptooth back. Red Claw grinned maliciously.

"Well, well. I've been waiting to meet you. I got my memory back. You and your Longneck friend will catch it! Get me the Fast Runner. I want our friend here to watch her die first before we end his miserable life!" said Red Claw in Sharptooth. "Sure thing Master." said Screech in Sharptooth.

Chomper would not let them take Ruby while he still drew breath. He bared his teeth, bracing for what surely would be some fights to the death.

"Hey you, leave him alone!" cried a voice in Sharptooth. They all turned. A blueish green female Sharptooth with hazel eyes was glaring at Red Claw and his minions. "Going to kill him over food. How barbaric!" she said in Sharptooth, shaking her head. "This doesn't concern you." said Red Claw in Sharptooth to her.

She came up to Screech, Thud, and Regulus and whapped them with her tail, sending them flying. "You!" said Red Claw angrily in Sharptooth. "I guess it concerns me now." she said back in Sharptooth. Chomper laughed.

Red Claw advanced toward her. However, Chomper used the opportunity to go on the offensive. SLASH! He used the hooked talons that were attached to his back leg to slash at Red Claw. The red Sharptooth howled in pain. "Run!" yelled Chomper in Sharptooth.

His new friend and Ruby certainly didn't need telling twice. They ran for it and were able to give Red Claw the slip. "I'll get you, and your girlfriend too!" yelled Red Claw in Sharptooth, unable to find them.

"Girlfriend?" said Ruby in shock. "Nice job. What's his problem?" said Chomper's new friend in Sharptooth. "That was Red Claw. He doesn't like me." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

"The Red Claw? The most feared of our kind, Red Claw?" she asked in Sharptooth. "Yep." said Chomper in Sharptooth. "Oh my! Daddy says that I'm certain to get myself in trouble one of these days!" she said in Sharptooth. "That was awfully brave of you to help Ruby and I." said Chomper in Sharptooth. "Ruby?" she asked in Sharptooth.

"She is my Fast Runner friend. We've been through a lot together and so I don't eat her." said Chomper in Sharptooth. "Pleased to meet you. " said Ruby in Sharptooth.

"I'm Andromeda." said the female Tyrannosaurus in Sharptooth. Chomper's red eyes locked with Andromeda's hazel eyes. A funny feeling came over him. He'd never felt this way before. Something about her made him want to smile. He was glad that Ruby couldn't see eye level with him anymore.

"My name is Chomper." said Chomper in Sharptooth, feeling as though he'd eaten a bunch of wriggling mice, even though he knew he'd eaten only Tickle Fuzzies, who had all been dead when he'd eaten them too, for that day. "Chomper, cute name." said Andromeda in Sharptooth. "Yeah, my Leaf Eater friends gave it to me." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

Andromeda snickered. "Good one Chomper." she said in Sharptooth. "He's serious you know." said Ruby in Sharptooth. "Oh very funny joke you two." said Andromeda in Sharptooth. "It's no joke. Though I do have a great one about the Fast Biter, the Longneck, the Fast Runner, and the Egg Stealer." said Chomper in Sharptooth. "Oh for the love of…." said Andromeda in Sharptooth, putting a claw to her head in exasperation. "Well Chomper, that went well." said Ruby.

"Yes, Andromeda, I am serious. I can speak Leaf Eater too." said Chomper in Sharptooth. "I think you are pretty Andromeda. It's best that you cannot understand me as I don't see how we could….oh who am I kidding?" said Chomper.

"I cannot understand what you said. You know Leaf Eater. Bet it makes it easy to hunt." said Andromeda in Sharptooth. "It might, if I'd ever hunted a Leaf Eater." said Chomper in Sharptooth. "You haven't?" said Andromeda in Sharptooth. "Never have, never will." Chomper lied in Sharptooth. He didn't want to say in front of Ruby that he had once hunted his very good friends before recognizing them.

Chomper turned to go. "Where are you going Chomper?" said Andromeda in Sharptooth. "Isn't it obvious? I'm a freak. I'm friendly with Leaf Eaters. I'd like to thank you for helping me with Red Claw. No Sharptooth, well, except Mommy and Daddy, would ever do that for me." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

Andromeda felt sorry for her new friend. He is so sweet. He's so unlike the other guys I've met. They just want me so that they can be the pack leader. He was friends with the Fast Runner, and was going to fight Red Claw to protect her. To even think of taking on Red Claw and knowing it was Red Claw, he's got guts. Maybe he can get over this Leaf Eater thing. Andromeda thought.

"Chomper, I like you. I'd like you, and, er, Ruby, to come with me to meet my parents. I'm sure they'll like you, er, once they get to know you. You're braver than any other guy I've ever met." said Andromeda in Sharptooth. Chomper's green face turned bright red.

"You like me?" said Chomper in Sharptooth in shock. "Yes. I don't see an odd diet as a reason to turn down a fellow." Andromeda replied in Sharptooth. "Nice to have a friend." said Chomper in Sharptooth. "Glad to be one to someone like you Chomper." she said in Sharptooth.

Chomper had a feeling that Andromeda might be more than friends with him someday. He smiled at her, showing his gratitude to her. She smiled back. He grinned. The move wasn't lost on Ruby, who stared up at the two. "Well Chomper, I think you have a girlfriend. A girlfriend you have Chomper." said Ruby, smiling at him. Chomper said nothing. He was definitely entering a new phase in his life.

Chomper and Andromeda came to the Valley of Sharpteeth with Ruby. The T-Rexes glared at Ruby, and Chomper and Andromeda, guessing what they might have had in mind, quickly shook their heads at them. They backed off, frowning.

"What is this place?" Chomper asked his new friend. "The Valley of Sharpteeth. " said Andromeda. "I've never lived in a Sharptooth pack before." said Chomper. "So, who is in charge here?" Chomper asked. "My father." said Andromeda. "Your father?" said Chomper.

Chomper felt uneasy. It was only a matter of time before her father found out he was a weirdo. That he was nice to Flat Teeth. He'd been mocked by other Sharpteeth before for that. He'd had to keep his frustration in check too, because, outside the Great Valley, no Flatttoth would come near him because of what he was. They never bothered to take the time to get to know him. He was fed enough, that was true, but he could easily supplement his diet with Flatteeth meat. Didn't the Flatteeth realize that he knew many of their strengths and weaknesses from his time in the Great Valley and that he was very bright? If he chose to hunt them, they would surely fall before him.

He thought about the Great Valley. It had been many cold times since he'd last been there. Would they still remember him or would they have forgotten about him? If they had forgotten him, they might see him as a fiend and not let him back in.

Andromeda took him and Ruby inside of the valley. Chomper noticed that this valley only seemed to have one entrance and it had narrow edges on either side of the main canyon entrance where one could hide without the enterer knowing they were there. There were other T-Rexes like himself here.

No, not like me. Nobody is like me. I'm one of a kind. Chomper thought.

Ruby felt nervous. She was glad Chomper and Andromeda were with her. She was certain that if she had come here without them, she would have undoubtably ended up inside the stomach of a Sharptooth.

She was glad for Chomper. She could tell, though she knew he thought she couldn't, that he was developing a crush already on Andromeda. Andromeda had saved their lives and so Ruby felt that she could, probably, trust her. She knew it hae taken her a while to trust Chomper when they had first met.

Ruby hoped that Andromeda wouldn't get hung up on Chomper's fondness for Flat Teeth. You have a keeper there Andromeda. He may have pointy and freaky long teeth, not that you'd care, but he has a great heart. He'd give his all for you if you let him. So loyal, so brave. You'd never be able to find a friend as brave as Chomper. Well, there is Littlefoot, but I don't think he's your type Andromeda. Ruby thought.

Chomper gives so much up to keep things right with his Leaf Eater friends. He could easily clobber many residents in the Great Valley and eat until he got fat. However, even now, after all of these cold times, he's still loyal. He'd be that loyal to you, if you let him into your life. If you break his heart, I swear I'll make you pay! You might eat me bit by bit afterward for it, but I swear I'll make you pay! Ruby thought.

Andromeda wasn't sure what to think of her new friend. He has a sense of humor, that was for sure. She liked that in a guy. He had courage, as he had tried to take on Red Claw and had known it was him too. Had she known that was Red Claw, she might have been too afraid to come to their rescue. Yet, his Leaf Eater friendship thing he claimed seemed so unnatural. How did he stay alive if he wasn't hunting them?

"Chomper, if you are a Leaf Eater friend, then how are you staying around? I trust you can only eat meat." Andromeda asked him. Chomper nodded. "I hunt Tickle Fuzzies and fish and birds. I also eat Stinging Buzzers. I could have more, but that would involve hunting…Flat Teeth." said Chomper.

"When is the last time that you met your Flat Teeth friends?" Andromeda asked him. "It was over 10 cold times ago." said Chomper. "Well, they might not care for you anymore. Perhaps it's time to move on with your life." Andromeda said in Sharptooth.

Chomper said nothing. It wasn't like the thought hadn't occurred to him. However, he had always viewed Leaf Eaters as being on an equal footing with Sharpteeth, and hence was very reluctant to take one of their lives. If he were truly hungry and would die without food, well, then, maybe. But, in that situation, it wouldn't be him.

"I got two Fast Biters once. I saw them after a young Swimmer. I stepped in the way of their chase. They got mad at me and told me to go get my own meal. I told them to back off. They went for me. I kicked a rock at them to protect myself. The rock loosened a bunch of other rocks and they killed the Fast Biters. I was kind of hungry so I ate the Fast Biters. The Swimmer just stared at me, shaking. I admit I should have said something to her sooner, but, well, I was hungry. Those Fast Biters were great. Anyway, I then went to tell the Swimmer that she would be all right and not to fear, but found that she had taken off." said Chomper in Shaprtooth.

Andromeda thought that Chomper was very sweet, sticking up for Leaf Eaters even when they never thanked him for it. "You don't mind that they never thank you? It's never occurred to you to eat them for their ungratefulness?" she asked in Sharptooth. "Not really." he replied in Sharptooth. "I want you to meet my Mother and Father. They'll like you. We'll just keep the Leaf Eater thing a secret." said Andromeda in Sharptooth. Chomper smiled weakly at her.

They made their way across the valley. Ruby kept close to the two as they went. She didn't want to be caught lagging too far behind or ahead of them. Other Sharpteeth stared at her and she saw, with some fright, that some of them were licking their lips and looking in her direction. She shook her head at them. They just smirked at her.

They eventually reached two Sharpteeth who seemed to be important, as others were showing deference to them. One of them, the male, turned to Andromeda and said "Who's your new friend Andromeda? I see that he's a boy. That is good. You know I've looked for a mate for you for a long while. But you are so picky!" he said in Sharptooth. "His name is Chomper. He is very brave. He took on Red Claw." said Andromeda in Sharptooth. "Red Claw? He's back, isn't he? I'd thought he was dead!" said the male in Sharptooth. "So did I." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

"Ah, so you've had the misfortune of meeting Red Claw before too, eh, Chomper?" said the male in Sharptooth. "Yes, I did. He's been after me for many cold times." said Chomper in Sharptooth. "Yes, he and his brother once lived here. But they wanted to control the pack themselves. I said no so they tried to kill me. I got this scar here." he said in Sharptooth, pointing at a nasty gash on his side, "from fighting them. He and his green brother. We chased them out eventually. Lost a few of our guys, so strong were they. Red Claw got the worst of it, including getting his claw injured. That's how he got the name so. His brother was said to have died in the Great Earthshake." said the male Sharptooth.

"So, you're Andromeda's father." said Chomper nervously in Sharptooth. "Yes. She can be really sweet, once you get to know her. Don't let her stubbornness fool you." he said in Sharptooth. "She helped me with me Red Claw." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

"You catch her a Fast Runner?" asked Andromeda's mother in Sharptooth. "No Mom, this is Ruby, a friend of his." said Andromeda in Sharptooth. "Looks like a normal tasty Fast Runner to me." said Andromeda's mother in Sharptooth. Ruby's eyes widened.

"Tell her not to eat me. Tell her that I taste bad. Please." begged Ruby to Andromeda in Sharptooth.

"She gets bad gas a lot. You wouldn't want to eat her." Andromeda said to her mother in Sharptooth.

"Andromeda dear, I've eaten creatures that gave me bad gas before. I don't care if they have bad gas." said her mother in Sharptooth.

"Please don't. It will make Chomper most unhappy. They've been friends for so long." pleased Andromeda in Sharptooth.

Chomper smiled. His new friend was sticking up for Ruby. He hoped he'd get the opportunity to get to know Andromeda better. The idea of the Time of Choosing came to mind. Was it so impossible that he couldn't have true love? He was of age now.

"All right fine. I'll spare her. It's not like she's a Longneck." said Andromeda's father in Sharptooth. Chomper gulped nervously.

"Yes, we hate Longnecks. They drove us out of our homes. Killed many of us." said Andromeda's mother to Chomper in Sharptooth. Chomper gasped.

"Would Longnecks do such a terrible thing?" said Chomper to her in Sharptoooth in shock.

"Dear, Flatteeth can do awful things too. Don't be so naive." she replied back to him in Sharptooth.

"So, Chomper, let me show you around. My name is Antiochles and my wife's name is Ursa." said Andromeda's father in Sharptooth.

Chomper yawned. He felt so tired now, for he had been up in the day too. However, he needed to be sure of one last thing before going to bed. "I'd like to rest here if that's ok with you." said Chomper in Sharptooth. Andromeda's parents nodded. "However, well, my friend Ruby is no doubt worried that if I got to sleep, she'll wake up in someone's stomach." said Chomper in Sharptooth. Antiochles nodded.

"Everyone here. This Fast Runner is not to be eaten. Understood?" he said in Sharptooth. The others nodded. Chomper lay down. Ruby lay next to him. Much to his surprise, Andromeda lay near them too.

Andromeda's parents stared at each other. Their daughter had never been this comfortable around a boy before. It seemed that she was entering a new phase in her life too.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So, there you have it, the Gang of Seven is back!  Chomper appears to still be nice.  Everyone minus Littlefoot, Ruby, and, so far, though he's getting there, Chomper, has dates.  

Cera and Ducky are already of age.  Spike and Petrie will come later.  Sharpteeth come of age the earliest.  Star Day refers in my story to the day the egg was laid, hence why Chomper's Star Day has already come.  

As he's stalking Tickle Fuzzies, Chomper has learned to hunt at night.  Chomper isn't hunting Flatteeth, though he HAD actually hunted the Gang of Five in Mysterious Island, and is most ashamed of what he did.  He'd even eaten Flattooth meat between Great Valley Adventure and Mysterious Island.  He'd learned Leaf Eater both from the Gang of Five and spying on Flatteeth.

One of his reason's not for hunting Flatteeth, apart from his friendship, is because Littlefoot saved his life.  However, if the Valley of Sharpteeth finds out his friendship with Littlefoot, he'd be in deep doo doo.  

Littlefoot wants to continue his herd, but Rhett is in the way.  Not like in Brave Longneck Scheme, it's just that he's been with Ali all these cold times and has much of a head start.

And of course, there's the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond, a Fanged Flattooth (I made up that term, it basically refers to an omnivore that can eat leaves but also dinos and maybe eggs too.  It's a special, and sinister, type of Bothtooth.)  I admit, he's the hardest part to believe, but I hope I can make him work as best I can.  Especially as he's Mama Longneck's actual killer, as he masterminded her death and actually did strike that final blow.  

She might have died anyway from Sharptooth's attack but he wanted to make sure she didn't tell anybody about him as his whole world domination plot would go up in smoke if his disguise was blown.  She thought she'd killed him so she didn't tell Littlefoot about him.

The villain woulda gotten Littlefoot had she not spent the last of her energy tail whacking the bad guy.  

The villain is a lot of Malte's good villain ideals: clever, racist, evil, and also going to be undercover as a good character.

In case you're wondering, yes, the same guy that attacked Littlefoot's family about 20 cold times earlier is responsible for the latest string of attacks as well.  

The bad guys are also after the Valley of Sharpteeth, as Sharptooth and Red Claw wanted revenge on both Antiochles and the Great Valley.  Antiochles because Antiochles didn't like Red Claw and Sharptooth challenging him like that and wanted to wait for the Chosen One (might as well say now that the Chosen One has just arrived in Chapter 6.   :wow   Start worrying.  )  and he wants to get back at the Great Valley for the same reason Antiochles does.

Red Claw does believe in segregation.  He feels that Fast Biters can work with T-Rexes, but only as their inferiors.  

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
A very good story so far. Like the plot as well. I would like to see how the story goes in the next few chapters. So far so good, you also appear to have done a good job at the songs, better then me at any rate.

Keep up the good work mate.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually know I'm not doing that well on the songs, but I struggle just to find rhymes that make sense.  I think my best one was "It's a Hard and Cruel World Out There" where it shows a half Sharp Beak, half-Peteranodon, who thinks he's a full Sharp Beak that can somehow stomach Tree Stars, and he's not able to find Tree Stars, and he hasn't eaten all day.  

He had just been hunted by a Sharptooth and had just barely gotten away.  He then sees a mammal, and, knowing that he can eat that type, wonders if he should.  He hates taking lives and likes Tree Stars, he says, because they don't have a pulse.  :lol  

However, he does realize that it's necessary, unless he wants to go to bed on an empty stomach, to hunt, and sings that song, which is basically fatalistic (i.e. I'm doomed to do this.  I don't like this, but, sometimes life forces stuff upon you that you don't like and you just have to do it.)  

That character was eventually able to walk away from Sharptoothdom once he realized that he was part Leaf Eater, and stayed in the Great Valley and mostly ate leaves, and maybe bugs every now and then.  

I also had another story where five, and later a sixth after he stopped being evil and became nice, Fast Biters befriended a Club Tail and, after sending her to the Great Valley as they doubted their folks would let her continue to live with them, and I stress the LIVE part, they let her go but end up hunting mammals and fishing so they don't have to hunt Flatteeth anymore.  Their size lets them get away with it.

However, Chomper's scenario, due to him being the same size as the guy from the first movie, he's not just going to be able to blow it off like Ptero (my Sharptooth and Flattooth hybrid from film 15) or eat smaller prey (like my six Fast Biters from film 18) forever without health damage and a lot of unnecessary hunting.

He even KNOWS it, secretly even now, I've already written parts where Chomper knows deep down that someday, maybe years form now, but before he dies of old age, he's going to have to hunt other dinosaurs.  He even considers fleeing form the Great Valley, whihc he's going to come back to soon, in later chapters.  

What's interesting is that I'm thinking of changing the scenario of what the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond, my main villain, is doing.  He's not going to just try brute force, but rather subtle control.

Perhaps he watched the first film :lol, and saw that the Flatteeth were ruled by the Leaf and also saw that the Sharpteeth hunted the Leaf Eater (well Sharpteeth minus a few oddballs, particularly one once purple one) and hence, he'd have the Chain of Life at his fingertips if his were to tamper with the leaf supply and hence mess with the Flattooth population and, thus, indirectly tamper with the Sharptooth population.  And, having those two under his thumb, could control the Egg Stealer population.  

(Pretty clever idea, eh?)

Interestingly, a certain Friendly Sharptooth only hunting non-dinos would not risk starvation if the villain's plan were enacted.  And, worse for the villain, Chomper can teach other Sharpteeth to hunt like he does, hence them be able to survive without having to bow to the whims of the bad guy and his minions in order to get food.

Eventually our villain, only after Littlefoot for getting away years earlier and his strong determination never to let a victim get away, puts Chomper on his NTK (Need to Kill) list as he fears him (and the fact that Chomper will later find out his identity or pretty come close to it, doesn't help matters either for our heartless villain.)  

I'm currently working on a new chapter.  5 new characters are coming to the Great Valley.

I'm also loving "The Swimmer Trials".   I kinda do have this terror of the mysterious beyond like Sculra, where he's got Sharptooht minions and whatnot.  He actually knows Sharptooth and can hunt, though nobody knows it.  

Chomper actually does find out this trait of the villain, but at first, not sure what to think, just says he is watching him and decides, perhaps knowing how Flatteeth will mistreat you if they know you are a hunter, to keep his secret or at least tell Littlefoot rather than openly blab.   (Chomper truly had no idea that he truly was the villain, only slight suspicions.  He was merely being sweet and kind by keeping his secret, and deciding to just tell a few, not that the villain will not try and get him thrown out so he can't, and see if the others see a danger in the guy, rather than blabbing about it in  a Rock Circle meeting.)

This whole story is going to be a bunch of morality tales, not that grey morality won't be introduced, and one of the themes is not to judge someone by what they look like.  

In short, Chomper is believed by many to either be evil (in the case of Flatteeth) or a loser (in the case of Sharpteeth).  However, we all know he's good.

On the other hand, the villain, when he's named, doesn't appear to be a villain but appears to have it all (like Prince Hans form Frozen, whom he's kind of based off of) yet, like Hans, eventually the truth will come out that our villain is more of a "Sharptooth" than Chomper could EVER be.   He could have walked away from hunting yet he not only partakes in it, unlike most Sharpteeth even, he enjoys it and has as much value for life as does Lord Voldermort!  

Another thing is, that tolerant Littelfoot is looked down upon by the herd, yet, by the end of film 19, Atto and Nigel will want to be like him when they grow up, even though hard times are going to await Littlefoot as it goes into film 20 (the final film).  

And it's like this in reality too, some people like Chomper and Littlefoot want to change society and be different, only to be laughed at and mocked by many, yet, in the end, it is they who change society for the better.  (We can think of numerous examples.)  

On the other hand, there seems to be those who have it all, i.e. wealth, charisma, prestige, etc, yet they turn out to be jerks, or even worse, do terrible harm to society. (Adolf Hitler comes to mind.)

In fact, our Terror of the Mysterious Beyond has a lot in common with De Fuhrer, including his idea of an Aryan Race, so to speak and his Machiavellian (the end justifies the means) way of getting his goals.  

Littlefoot and Chomper have every reason to be enemies, yet, due to strong friendship, continue to be allies despite how their respective societies treat them for such behavior, and, in the end, they end up saving their kinds from the evil ones because of their friendship and  tolerance.

In fact, here's some lines from near the end of film 19.  

"Nobody was happy that night. Nobody except [The villain] and his minions. Some think that monsters are huge Sharpteeth with pointed fangs and nasty claws and wicked red eyes. However, the worst kind of monster looks like a Leaf Eater but is a Sharptooth, of the worst sort, in his heart. A creature that could have chosen never to hunt and yet loved it. A creature who liked death and despair. A creature who valued life so cheaply. That believed he was superior to the other kinds and would do anything to rule over them. Even try and turn the innocent bad. Such was [The villain]. And now, the way stood clear to make the move he'd waited 20 cold times to do. To take over the Great Valley."

Let's just say, that though we all hope Chomper can put off hunting dinos as long as possible, one would LOVE for Chomper to make an exception for this Son of a Tar Pit.

However, as much as I love Chomper, it seems most fitting to have the villain killed by the one he wrong the most: i..e Littlefoot.  

As for what I plan to do to the villain, I'll just quote a line from Hunchback of Notre Dame:  "And he shall smite the wicked and plunge them into the fiery pit." to give a hint.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER SIX: GALLIM

The next morning, in the Great Valley, there were five new arrivals. Their leader had orangish red eyes and had a green and orange body. He looked rather handsome. He did have some clawed hands and feet that were drawing some attention, but not that much attention. He was carrying Tree Sweets, which he seemed to like. So were his four friends. It was clear that they were Leaf Eaters.

Of the other four, two were male and two were female. They were actually two couples, though both were childless. They came to Grandpa Longneck. "Hello." said the leader.

"Hello. Glad to see new faces." said Grandpa Longneck kindly.

"My name is Gallim. I'm a sort of Fast Runner, though not the type you'd associate with Fast Runner. I only eat leaves after all." he said.

"Welcome. We will accept your kind no matter what." said Grandma Longneck. She smiled at him and his friends.

"Oh, I've been amiss in not introducing my companions." said Gallim. "This is Odul.' he said, pointing to a green and yellow friend of his with hazel eyes. "And this is his wife Ela." said Gallim, pointing to a yellow eyed gold and red female beside Odul. "And this is Liz." he said pointing to an orange-eyed female that was green and blue. "And, finally, this is Finley, her mate." he said, pointing to a brown eyed male that was orange and blue and beside Liz.

"Thanks for the intro Gally. Much appreciated." said Finely.

"Please don't call me Gally." said Gallim, in an annoyed, but polite tone. "It's a funny nickname of mine. One I wished they'd drop. But you know friends. Sometimes they get on your nerves." said Gallim good-naturedly to Grandpa Longneck.

"Hey, what's with the claws?" said Topps, eyeing them suspiciously.

"Topps, now, don't insult our guests. They haven't done anything wrong." said Grandpa Longneck firmly to Topps.

"Oh, it's quite all right. I understand. It's quite a good question that one must ask I suppose." said Gallim politely. "I was born with these. I'm a special kind of Leaf Eater. It is lucky I have these. They work great against Sharpteeth." said Gallim.

"And have you used them against Sharpteeth before?" Topps asked, interested.

"Oh yes. A guy has to defend himself. I'd never ever use these for anything bad of course. I do believe in the sanctity of life after all. Just because I was born special, as were my friends, doesn't give us the right to do anything, er, Sharptoothish." said Gallim.

"If only others were like you. Some would use their abilities to do awful things." said Tria.

"Well, it's a pity in this world that there are those who would work evil. But, well, you do the best you can to fight it." said Gallim.

"Grandpa, is it ok if I have some time off from Atto and Nigel? I want to, er, spend time with Ali." Littlefoot came up and asked his grandfather.

"Littlefoot, I want you to take them with you. You can certainly go spend time with Ali." said Grandpa Longneck.

"Did you say 'Littlefoot'?" asked Gallim.

"Yes, my name is Littlefoot." said Littlefoot. "Have you heard of me before? I have had some antics in the Mysterious Beyond." said Littlefoot. "I'd hoped that they weren't this well known." Littlefoot grumbled.

"No, I've just heard of your before somewhere. Good things I might add." said Gallim. Littlefoot sighed in relief. "Nice name by the way." said Gallim.

"It was my Father's childhood nickname. Mother named me after it." said Littlefoot.

"You an only child?" Gallim asked.

"Not quite. I was one of many. However, Egg Stealers took the other eggs. My Father thinks all Egg Stealers are cowards for what they dd as he thinks that Sharpteeth, minus one, are all cowards for what they did to Mother." said Littlefoot.

"Ah, lose your mother?" Gallim asked. Littlefoot nodded. "I lost my mother and father too. Tragic, isn't it?" said Gallim. Littlefoot again nodded. "Might I ask why your father seems to think one particular Sharptooth isn't a coward?" Gallim asked.

"Chomper, he's a friendly Sharptooth." said Littlefoot. Gallim raised his eyebrows.

"Listen here kid, I don't know where you met this friendly Sharptooth, but as a lifelong resident of the Mysterious Beyond, I've never seen such a thing." said Galim.

"You must not have looked hard enough. I've found one. He's probably one of the larger ones now. But he's always been nice. We've been childhood friends." said Littlefoot.

"Childhood friendships among Leaf Eaters don't always last into adulthood kid. Any strange friendship with a Sharptooth in your childhood will never last. There are four main types of dinosaurs. There's the Sharpteeth, who hunt the Leaf Eaters. There's the Leaf Eaters like us. There's the Egg Stealers. Then there's those rare ones that eat both meat and plants. They mostly eat plants I'll bet. Nobody likes to kill." said Gallim.

"Sharptooth did." said Littlefoot.

"The same one that took your mother, isn't he?" said Gallim knowingly. Littlefoot nodded. "Listen here kiddo, what if Chomper hunts someone else's mother? Are you still going to love him?" said Gallim. The thought was so horrifying to Littlefoot.

"I don't know Gallim. The thought sounds so awful. He'd never hurt a Leaf Eater." said Littlefoot.

"He can't live off of Leaf Eater meat forever. When he goes the way of every Sharptooth, some kid, some father, some mother, is going to die so he can eat. It's just part of the Circle of Life kid." said Gallim.

"He won't change. He can't. I took him in to make a memory of Mother. To show tolerance and to save Leaf Eater lives by getting him to hunt something else." said Littlefoot. Gallim shook his head.

"He will change, if he hasn't already. And the worst part kid, is that even you might not be safe someday. Someday he may hunt you. And it would be simply awful to lose a guy like you." said Gallim.

"Chomper would NEVER, EVER..." said Littlefoot. "Take it from a guy who's spent his entire life in the Mysterious Beyond, yes he will. It always goes that way. You cannot change fate kid. It would take a very strong will even to try." said Gallim.

"He has it. I know he does." said Littlefoot.

"Look, even if he does, he's gonna cave. It's time for you to grow up. Forget about him. Move on with your life. And, by all means, don't go looking for him." said Gallim. He went away. Littlefoot was left feeling awful.

Littlefoot went and spent time with Ali that day. He mentioned what Gallim had said. Much to his horror, Ali actually backed Gallim.

"The odds are that Gallim is right. I still question your judgment in taking him in at all." said Ali. Littlefoot groaned. Ali questioned him. This relationship thing was going to be harder than he thought.

Littlefoot went to bed that night. He was once more tired out from Atto and Nigel and from a long day. He went off to sleep, thinking of Ali, Chomper, and his mother.

Sharptooth was chasing him and his mother. He ran. The beast caught his mother. She fell. "Mother, no!" he cried.

The monster kept after him. He turned a corner. He came to Ali. "He killed Mother!" said Littlefoot.

"Don't worry Littlefoot, you and I are Soul Mates now." said Ali. "But Sharptooth..." said Littlefoot. The creature turned a corner.

"Sharptooth!" said Littlefoot. But this one was different. He was green and all, but this one seemed familiar.

"Hello my old Flattooth friend." said Chomper.

"Chomper, thank goodness. He's after me. He killed my Mother. He..." said Littlefoot. What came next shocked Littlefoot. Chomper jumped into the air, his mouth opened, and attacked Ali in the back.

"What are you doing?" cried Littlefoot in horror. Chomper let out a long cruel laugh. The one Littlefoot had heard many cold times ago.

"You knew I was a Sharptooth when you took me in. You knew this day would come Littlefoot." said Chomper.

Ali was really hurt. "Littlefoot, I'm too weak. I can't make it. I love you Littlefoot. Goodbye." said Ali. Her head fell and she moved no more.

"What have you done?!" cried Littlefoot in horror.

"I cannot eat a living Flattooth. But now I can." said Chomper. He moved his mouth at Ali.

Meanwhile, in the actual world, evil clawed hands lay over Littlefoot. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!" Littlefoot jumped up out of his sleep. His grandma and grandpa woke up. The Terror of the Mysterious Beyond, meanwhile, moved back, for it was imperative that he not be found. He moved back.

He watched from a distance. "What was it?" said Grandpa Longneck. "Bad Sleep Story again. Only this time, it was Chomper and Ali too. Chomper, he...oh it was awful. He killed Ali. He was going to eat her. I just worry, you don't think that Chomper could really, that he would..." said Littlefoot.

His grandparents looks at each other darkly. "We never told you when you were younger, but the odds were never in his favor. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that were you to see Chomper now, that he could do that to Ali. Most Sharpteeth do end up hunting Leaf Eaters. I think it's best just to keep your memories of Chomper." said Grandpa Longneck. Littlefoot cried.

"You're wrong! If any Sharptooth can break the pattern, it's him! You underestimate him!" said Littlefoot. He ran off.

"What a brave and bold fellow." whispered the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond. "Ill get you Littlefoot. And I'm most interested in this Chomper now too." said the fiend.

The next few days, Littlefoot and Ali talked more. She did seem to take an interest in him. He almost forgot about Chomper in all of this. Almost.

However, Ali seemed to like Rhett. An idea occurred to Littlefoot. And idea to get Ali alone to him and without Rhettt.

"Hey Rhett, why don't we go into the Mysterious Beyond? We'll go adventuring." said Littlefoot.

"In the present climate, are you sure? There's that foul fiend out there. And Red Claw is back too." said Rehtt.

"Red Claw?! But he died." said Littlefoot.

'Apparently not." said Rhett.

"I'll still risk it anyway." said Littlefoot.

"I'm not." said Rhett.

"I'll go still." said Ali.

Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike agreed to go. They set off into the Mysterious Beyond. But Littlefoot would get more than he bargained for. He'd not only get to spend some quality time with Ali, and try and win her heart. He'd also find out about Chomper. Find him personally.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER SEVEN: THE FOOLISH LONGNECK SCHEME

Littlefoot and the others went off into the Mysterious Beyond. They noticed that it wasn't as green as they had often seen it. "This reminds me of many cold times ago." said Littlefoot. They kept going, hoping to have a nice chat. They had the bad luck of walking by the place where Pterano's herd had died. They all paused here, as Petrie had felt uneasy around the place.

"Pterano like a father to me. Me still have trouble believing that it happen. Me think Pterano no mean it." said Petrie.

"Well, he sure was pretty selfish then. He didn't even apologize for what he had done." said Cera.

"Hey, he apologize later. He good now. He keep no secrets from me now." said Petrie. "Me think of him as me new Dad." said Petrie.

"Do you remember much of your father Petrie?" Littlefoot asked. Petrie nodded.

"He have silver pattern on neck. He have same eye color as me. He far braver than Petrie." said Petrie.

"That's not saying much." said Cera. Petrie hit her. This was shocking as Petrie never had struck her before. Cera gasped.

"Never ever, ever insult me Dad. NEVER!" he said angrily, his eyes glaring at Cera.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I just..." said Cera defensively.

"You should think before you talk." said Petrie angrily.

"Guys, cut it out!" said Littlefoot. Cera and Petrie stopped fighting. "Go on Petrie." said Littlefoot.

"He have gold beak like me and brown eyes. He really kind. He never see me be able to fly." said Petrie.

"I'm so sorry." said Littlefoot.

They came across a bunch of mud pits. Littlefoot splashed mud at Ali, getting it all over her face. She scowled at Littlefoot.

"When are you going to grow up Littlefoot?" she snapped angrily.

"Grow up? I grew up the day I watched Sharptooth attack my Mother. She died right in front of me. I've helped my friends go across the Mysterious Beyond, being chased by Sharptooth. Don't you talk to me about growing up as if you knew!" he said angrily.

"Don't you dare talk to me about pain and loss! I've lost many in my herd to the creatures that came in the Land of Mists. Hearing their screams as Sharpteeth attacked them was really painful." said Ali.

So, the two had both experienced loss. They paused, realizing that they had a sort of understanding. As they got out of the mud pits, the earth started to shake.

"Earthshake!" they cried. They ran. The earth split up around them. At one point, the ground split up. Ducky jumped. She would have fallen to her death, but Ali stuck out her neck, literally, and Ducky grabbed on. Ali pulled her to safety.

"That was close, it was, it was. Thank you Ali." said Ducky.

"No problem Ducky." said Ali.

They kept running. Eventually, the earthshake stopped. However, the path they had been on was demolished and split up by huge deep cracks in the ground. "Guess we can't go back that way!" groaned Cera.

"How could this day get worse?" said Petrie.

ROAR! It was Red Claw and his Fast Biters.

"Now it worse!" said Petrie in a fright.

Red Claw, Screech, Thud, and Regulus a Fast Biter Leader, chased them. "Run!" said Ali.

They all ran off. "PHEW! Me think we lost them!" panted Petrie.

"Hello Petrie. Long time no see." It was Sierra, flocked by Rinkus.

"Go away!" said Petrie.

"Nah, I've been hoping to make you and your uncle go away!" said Rinkus.

"Me no going anywhere." said Petrie.

Red Claw, Screech, and Thud came by.

Littlefoot and his friends saw that Rinkus and Sierra didn't seem to be afraid of them.

"Oh, these are our friends now. We're in this together." said Sierra wickedly. "Kill them!" said Sierra to the Sharpteeth in Sharptooth.

"You know Sharptooth!" gasped Littlefoot.

"Yes, I picked it up." said Sierra.

The group spotted a log across a canyon up ahead. They started to run across it. It started to give as Ali went across. Littlefoot went across. It collapsed as Littlefoot neared the other side. Luckily, Littlefoot's friends got him and pulled him to safety.

"Hee!" said Cera.

"Blllllhhh! Bllllllhhh! Blllllh!" said Ducky, her tongue sticking out.

Red Claw, Screech, Thud, and the Fast Biters just jumped across. "Forgot about that." moaned Cera.

Rinkus and Sierra flew across. Littlefoot and his friends kept running. Up ahead, they came across Ozzy and Strut. "Well well, if it isn't the bossy weed whacker." said Ozzy. "Let's get him Ozzy." said Strut.

"You again." said Cera. She tried to ram them. Ozzy ran. Strut almost got hit.

"Wait for me Oz!" said Strut, running. Ozzy didn't care that much about him and took off. Strut sighed. He really didn't like how his brother treated him. He ran off after his brother.

He and Strut tried to strangle Littlefoot. However, Littlefoot threw them off. Red Claw, Screech, and Thud approached. "We're buds with them." said Ozzy.

"Huh?" said Littlefoot.

"Yes, all of us are together." said Sierra.

"I guess I'll be practicing my tail whip on an actual Sharptooth." said Littlefoot. He spun his tail at Screech. He missed and whacked Ali in the head instead. She fell over.

"Littlefoot!" she moaned.

"Sorry!" said Littlefoot.

Cera rammed Screech and Thud. This allowed the others time to run. Cera was able to get away as well.

They wandered around, and soon lost the bad guys. However, after running from the enemies and the mess the Earthshake had made, it was quite late in the day. They didn't want to be out in the open in the Mysterious Beyond at night.

"Some plan you had to go for a walk out here." said Ali.

"At least we get to spend time out here together." said Littlefoot.

He and Ali did talk. They seemed to get a bit closer in the cave where they were resting. He told her about his various adventures.

"So, you have been all over. You've even been under the Great Valley." said Ali. Littlefoot nodded.

They eventually went to sleep. Littlefoot and Ali were next to each other. Littlefoot thought that maybe he had a chance of continuing his herd after all.

Meanwhile, the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond was furious. His minions had lost Littlefoot. That Longneck was still getting away. "I want that Longneck dead!" he said to Red Claw.

"Yes Mr. Fanged Flattooth, sir." said Red Claw in Leaf Eater, for Red Claw was starting to get it now.

"I've helped you grow a lot stronger. Soon, you should be able to take the Valley of Sharpteeth. And, with their help, we can take the Great Valley. I will see to it that they are caught off guard." said the Fanged Flattooth.

"It shall be done." said Red Claw.

"I've taken care of some Flatteeth and Sharpteeth around here. I took out the Flatteeth food supply. They died of hunger. Then the Sharpteeth went with. You see, you rule the leaf, you rule the world. Once we have the population under our control and lessened, we can rule the world as we see fit. We will usher in a new era that will bring out kinds forward to greatness." said the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER EIGHT: THE CHOSEN ONE

Chomper and Ruby had gotten up. "Sharpteeth!" she said in fright, not realizing where she was.

"Ruby, calm down. You're fine." said Chomper.

"Oh, hello Chomper. What are we going to do today?" she asked.

"I know what I need to do right away." said Chomper. He headed toward the exit. He needed to get food. Tickle Fuzzies, Fish, Shells, birds, Stinging Buzzers, Crawlers, anything that wasn't a Flattooth.

He found enough food to get by. His health wasn't always the best. He returned to the Valley of Sharpteeth. When he found Ruby, she was eating lots of plants.

"This place has better food than even the Great Valley!" she said, hungrily eating all sorts of green. Chomper really wished he could eat green.

"Disgusting stuff, isn't it?" said Andromeda in Sharptooth to him. Chomper nodded.

"Doesn't suit me. I'm sure it's all right to those who like it." remarked Chomper in Sharptooth.

Several Sharpteeth approached Andromeda. They were all boys. "Hello Andromeda, found a new guy, eh?" one of them said in Sharptooth.

"Yes, he seems really sweet. Not to mention brave." said Andromeda in Sharptooth.

"Well, you should know that she's hoping to get the Chosen One as her Soul Mate. Personally, I don't think the Chosen One even exists." said one of them to Chomper in Sharptooth. Chomper noticed a hint of resentment in his comment.

"Who is the Chosen One?" Chomper asked Andromeda in Sharptooth.

"He is said to be the one who will defeat the Great Valley leadership and set things right." said Andromeda in Sharptooth.

"The Great Valley?!" Chomper gasped in Sharptooth.

"Yes, it's supposed to be the biggest Flattooth herd in the world. However, they were the ones who drove out our ancestors from there. We used to live there. Over 100 cold times ago. The Longnecks came and attacked in the night. Many of us died. We sent a big strong Sharptooth who may have won but then a Lognneck went and killed him. We gave up then, but we've been waiting for the Chosen One. Red Claw and his brother eventually got tired of waiting and tried to lead us in. Dad said no, say they tried to take out Dad, and, as whoever beats the pack leader wins the pack. Dad took them both on, with the help of some of us. It was pretty divided, with some helping Red Claw and his brother. Eventually, Dad won and Red Claw and his brother were driven out and their allies swore loyalty to Dad and were banished for two cold times for defying him. I hope I get to meet the Chosen One. He's supposed to be the first of our kind to hatch in the Great Valley since we were driven out." said Andromeda in Sharptooth.

"Andromeda. We need to talk. In private." Chomper whispered to her. "What about?" she asked in Sharptooth. "Not in the open. Its really important." whispered Chomper in Sharptooth.

Andromeda went to her father and mother. "Chomper and I need to talk. Somewhere private where we won't be disturbed." she said to her parents in Sharptooth. "Fine." said her mother in Sharptooth. They took them to a cave. Andromeda went in. Antiochles grabbed ahold of Chomper as he started to go in.

"Try anything funny on my daughter and I will rip you into many pieces and spread them all over the Valley." he warned in Sharptooth. Chomper nodded to show that he got it. Chomper went in after Andromeda.

"Your father sure is protective." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

"Yes, lots of boys want me just so they can be the pack leader. Plus, you know boys. Mother always says to be careful around boys." replied Andromeda in Sharptooth.

"Andromeda, I called you in here because I think I'm the Chosen One." he said in Sharptooth.

"Very funny Chomper!", snickered Andromeda in Sharptooth.

"No, I think I might be." he replied back in Sharptooth. He told her about his hatching and everything. When he was done, she stood there, her mouth hanging open in shock.

"So, that's where you met the Flatteeth. But if your story is true, then you are meant to lead us to victory." said Andromeda in Sharptooth.

"That's what I wanted to tell you Andromeda. I can't do it. They are my friends." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

Andromeda felt heartbroken. If Chomper really was the Chosen One, yet he was not going to hep them drive the enemy out of the Great Valley, then her family certainly wouldn't want him around her. Yet, she was starting to grow fond of Chomper. Finally, she said "Mom and Dad won't like that Chomper. We must not tell anyone about you being the Chosen One. If they knew and that you were refusing to do it, they'd be really upset with you. I don't want you to get hurt." said Andromeda in Sharptooth.

"Do you like me even though you know?" Chomper asked her in Sharptooth. She nodded.

"Yes, I do. I'm disappointed, but well, not everything is always as you expect it to be." said replied in Sharptooth. "Also, your story sounds hard to believe."

"Andromeda, can I teach you Leaf Eater?" he asked. She nodded. She thought that this seemed an odd thing to ask, but it couldn't hurt and she thought it would help with hunting. Plus, it would mean the two could spend more time with him.

Meanwhile, Ruby was walking around in the Valley of Sharpteeth. It was rockier than the Great Valley, yet it did have a certain kind of charm. What she didn't like though was the Flattooth bones she found here and there. She knew that they had once been living creatures. And, she really hoped that they all listened to Andromeda's father or else she'd been part of that pile.

She was really happy that Chomper had found a friend. She really thought that he deserved a family. He'd faced a lot of rejection in his life. Maybe he would live here now. However, she knew that packs usually hunted together. Would Chomper change to be a Flattooth killer if he lived here? And, if he did, would she still want to be his friend? She didn't know. Chomper was different than her, yet he was her friend. She cared deeply for him.

After some time, Chomper and Andromeda came back out of the cave. "Hello Ruby." said Andromeda in Leaf Eater.

"You can talk?" said Ruby in shock.

"I'm teaching her. It is fun and she is a fast learner. I really am liking her." said Chomper to Ruby, smiling.

They spent the next several days together. Chomper finally decided to tell Andromeda, in private, about everything, his Flattooth friends, his stay in the Great Valley, and about Red Claw was after him.

"Chomper, that seems incredible. However, you do know what our kind do to Flatteeth. Who says that they won't have forgotten you in the cold times you've been apart?" said Andromeda in Sharptooth. "And, you should know that Longnecks are hated around here. I admit, if I saw a Longneck, I'd get it on the spot." she said angrily in Leaf Eater.

Chomper gasped. "But Longnecks are nice." he said. "You heard what they did. You call that nice?" she said angrily in Sharptooth. "That was awful, but not all are like that." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

As Chomper laid down to rest that night, he thought that, though they disagreed on some things, such as Longnecks, he and Andromeda seemed to be the best of friends. Chomper talked to Ruby. "I really like Andromeda. She's my best friend. I'm so glad I'm met her. She's changing my life." said Chomper.

"How? Is she changing it for the better or for the worse. I really hope she isn't changing it for the worse as I like the Chomper you are now. I'm not so sure I'd like the Chomper you'd be if you changed for the worse." said Ruby. "Not to worry Ruby. Not to worry." said Chomper. He went to sleep, thinking fondly of Andromeda.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER NINE: THE FLATTOOTH HUNT

He heard someone coming behind him. He turned around. It was just Andromeda. "Good morning Chomper." she said in Sharptooth. "Hello Andromeda." he replied back in Sharptooth.

Chomper sniffed out a bunch of unfortunate Tickle Fuzzies. They didn't last long and soon were nestled inside of his stomach. He hated that nature made him do this and wished he were a Flattooth like Littlefoot. But he couldn't change what he was, only who he was. He then found fish in a nearby stream. He hungrily ate them. These were bigger fish, so he ate better than normal. He still felt hungry, but he didn't want to over-hunt. He drank water to wash down his meal.

"Chomper, did that fill you?" Andromeda asked in Leaf Eater. "Kind of." he said. "Chomper, you could eat something bigger." she said in Leaf Eater. "Like what?" he asked.

"You know." she said. "No, I don't want to. I can't." he said in a fright. "Chomper, how about this, you do it once. Just once. If you find that it's you, you'll keep it up, go on with your life, and just remember the good times with your Flattooth friends. If, on the other hand, you don't like it, you can never do it again, never need to mention it to your Flattooth friends, if you ever do meet them again, and can just have it handy if you ever need to use it." she said in Sharptooth.

Chomper thought. It wasn't such a bad idea. It would be just once. He'd saved so many lives of Flatteeth. Surely killing a Flattooth or two, after all he'd saved, would still leave them in his debt, wouldn't it? And it would be for food, better food, not just for the fun of it. Slowly, and painfully, he nodded.

Ruby came out just then. She hadn't, luckily, heard what they had said. She went into the water, pulled out some Shells, and ate them hungrily. Chomper also ate some Shells. They didn't fill him that much, but they tasted good. He also ate Stinging Buzzers, though he gave Ruby the honey that they had for her to eat. Ruby liked it.

He, Ruby, and Andromeda went into the desert. Chomper and Andromeda sniffed the air. They couldn't smell any Flatteeth anywhere.

Chomper looked Andromeda in the eyes. He gave her a look that said "We need to find a way so that Ruby doesn't see this." Andromeda nodded. Luckily, Ruby didn't notice this exchange.

Chomper headed out into the desert. Andromeda and Ruby moved behind him. "Chomper, we should be careful that we don't run into Red Claw, because if we run into Red Claw, we might not run into anyone else ever again." said Ruby nervously.

"Well, I'm not going to stay cooped up in there for the rest of my life." said Chomper. They walked out for a few hours. They were heading, though Andromeda didn't know it, toward the Great Valley. Chomper wasn't going to hunt near there. That was the LAST thing that he wanted to be doing.

They saw Red Claw and his goons up ahead. Luckily they weren't seen by them. They moved aside and went a different direction. "That was close. Close that was." whispered Ruby.

An idea struck Andromeda. It was rather deceptive, but she thought that it needed to be done. "Ruby, go ahead. I think I hear Red Claw coming. If he comes, we'll meet him first and you can get away." said Andromeda to Ruby in Sharptooth.

"Are you sure about this? I don't want to leave a friend behind because leaving a friend behind is not something that a friend should do." said Ruby in Sharptooth. Andromeda nodded. Ruby went off.

"I think that will keep her away for a bit. I think Red Claw is gone too. Now it is time to do what we came out here to do." said Andromeda in Sharptooth.

Chomper felt uneasy. Flatteeth were his friends. Yet, it was getting later in the day now. Yet he hadn't eaten yet. If he ate a Flattooth or two, then he'd...he'd...be having friends for dinner, only this time...it would be for real.

"Friends for dinner.

Should I have friends for dinner?

Friends for dinner.

Should I have Longneck stew?

Should I have liver of duck?

Just the thought of doing that

makes me want to go 'Yuck!'.

If I do this some poor Flatteeth are going to be out of luck

if I have friends for dinner." sang Chomper.

"Friends for dinner.

Chomper is afraid to have friends for dinner.

He doesn't want Spiketail-al-a-mode

or Flyer fajita.

He knows that some Flatteeth are not going to be the winner

if he has friends for dinner." sang Andromeda.

"Should I munch and crunch on little duck feet?" sang Chomper.

"You can't eat vegetables, only meat!" sang Andromeda.

"Should I gnaw off their arms and nibble on their legs?

They helped raise me when I was an egg." sang Chomper.

"Have Flyer fajita

and Longneck stew." sang Andromeda.

"Oh what am I supposed to do?" sang Chomper.

"Friends for dinner." they both sang.

"Andromeda, I've eaten Flattooth meat before. It was really good.

I've hunted Flatteeth before too. They turned out to be my friends." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

"That's not what you said earlier." said Andromeda in Sharptooth, irate at being lied to.

"I wasn't going to say it in front of Ruby." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

Andromeda sniffed the air. "Flatteeth! Six of them." said Andromeda in Sharptooth.

"Lead the way. We need to hurry before Ruby comes along again." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

It was a good thing that Andromeda was leading the way. Otherwise, things could have gotten nasty really fast.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER TEN: THE GANG REUNITES

Littlefoot heard her coming. He saw the shadow coming at him. "Run, Sharptooth!" he said. The group all turned and ran.

Andromeda let out a roar. "Probably could have left that out." Chomper whispered to her. "Yes, but I like to scare them first." she whispered back, smiling.

Littlefoot felt most foolish. If Ali died, he'd lose another important female in his life. It was time to make a difficult decision. "Go Ali! Go with the others. I'll hold them off." said Littlefoot.

"Littlefoot, what if you don't make it?" said Ali.

"Well, we all move along on the Circle of Life. Some get to the end sooner than others.  Besides, you'll still be around.  I.....I'll be back with Mother." said Littlefoot.

Ali ran away with the others. She felt rising affection for Littlefoot. Rhett, as decent as he was, wouldn't have put his life on the line like this.

Andromeda came at him. "I'm going to get you Longneck." said Andromeda in Sharptooth.

Littlefoot was slightly afraid, but he knew that his friends, and especially his third cousin Ali, were safe, which gave him some comfort. His fear told him to run. His heart told him to go on forward, to fight the Sharptooth, so that he could give his friends the others the best chance of getting away. He moved forward, his head held high. If this Sharptooth would indeed win this fight, he was going to make her work very hard for it.

"Leave my friends alone!" said Littlefoot. He moved forward. He wondered if this was how his mother felt, facing Sharptooth, knowing that she might not live through this but that she could give others a chance at life. He realized that his mother had been right that she would always be with him, even if he couldn't see her. Part of her lived on in him.

Andromeda's red eyes locked on Littlefoot. She glared at him with intense hatred. She raised her claws and opened her mouth, advancing forward for the attack. She saw the Longneck advance forward at her.

Meanwhile, Spike gasped. "What is it?" asked Ducky. They saw it. Another shadow of a Sharptooth. "Sharptooth!" yelled Ducky. They all turned and ran.

Chomper followed them, for he didn't recognize them. He hoped that he could get this over with quickly. They luckily didn't see him personally, only his shadow. They turned and started to run the other direction, away from him. Chomper followed.

Ruby, meanwhile, went looking for Chomper and Andromeda. She hadn't seen them. She wanted to go help. If they were hurt, they would need her help. She couldn't let them just die. She heard yelling. She ran toward the commotion.

The group had found that they had ran back toward Littlefoot. Littlefoot had aimed his tail at Andromeda, but he had missed. She knocked him over. "Goodbye Longeck!" she said in Sharptooth.

Ruby came into sight. She gasped. The others stared at her. "Ruby?" said Cera.

"Leave Littlefoot alone!" said Ali.

Chomper had heard the word "Littlefoot". He realized whom Andromeda was about to kill. He ran forward. "No, stop Andromeda!" he yelled in Sharptooth. He tackled her.

"Chomper, what is this?!" she snapped angrily in Sharptooth.

"It's Littlefoot, my friend." he said in Sharptooth.

"What is going on?" asked Ruby. "Is that you Petrie?" asked Ruby. Petrie nodded.

Ruby ran to the group and they hugged.

"I'm glad to see you again Ruby, I am, I am." said Ducky.

"Why did that Sharptooth just knock down the other one?" asked Cera.

"Chomper was trying to protect you." said Ruby.

"Chomper?" said Littlefoot and his Flattooth friends.

Chomper came forward toward his friends. Andromeda was behind him. She still wanted to have a go at them. "No! Don't eat my friends. These are my Flattooth friends. You mustn't harm them." said Chomper in Sharptooth.

"Fine." said Andromeda back in Sharptooth.

"I'm so glad to see you guys again." said Chomper to his friends.

"Why, going to eat us?" said Cera.

"Cera!" said Littlefoot angrily.

"We don't know anything about him in the past cold times. He might want to eat us now." said Cera.

Chomper was shocked that Cera didn't trust him. Not that she didn't have reason to. He'd almost gotten them killed, again.

"We know enough about Chomper to know that he wouldn't ever do anything bad to us." said Littlefoot. He greeted his old friend. He hugged Chomper, who hugged him back. "Glad to see you again old friend." said Littlefoot.

"I'm glad to see you again too buddy." said Littlefoot.

"It was Littlefoot who named me Chomper." said Chomper to Andromeda.

"So, this is your Longneck friend." said Andromeda.

"She can talk?!" gasped Littlefoot and his Flattooth friends.

"Yes, I'm teaching her." said Chomper.

"Why'd she try and kill us?" asked Cera, still skeptical of Chomper.

"She is used to eating Flatteeth. I'm hoping to get her not to. She's Andromeda and she's a good friend of mine." said Chomper.

"Chomper, do you eat Leaf Eaters now?" Littlefoot asked. He needed to know. Chomper shook his head. Littlefoot felt relieved.

"No, though I'm afraid I've had to go to Tickle Fuzzies, Fish, and certain types of flying creatures. Buzzing Stingers alone cannot fill me anymore." said Chomper.

"Chomper, why don't you and your Ruby come to the Great Valley with us?" Littlefoot asked.

"Littlefoot, are you nuts?!" Cera whispered to Littlefoot.

"He's not dangerous!" whispered Littlefoot back to Cera.

"He could be a liar." whispered Cera.

"What about Andromeda? Can she come too?" Chomper asked.

"I'm not sure if they'd be keen on letting someone who hunts Leaf Eaters into the Great Valley at the moment. Especially with all this fear of the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond and Red Claw going on." said Littlefoot.

"So, still no attacks there?" Chomper asked.

"Nope. We're one of the lucky places." said Littlefoot.

"If I can get Andromeda to stop hunting Flatteeth, can she get in?" Chomper asked.

"I"ll see what I can do." said Littlefoot.

"We need to hurry up, we are burning daylight. Burning daylight we are." said Ruby.

They set out toward the Great Valley. The Gang of Seven was back together again.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER ELEVEN: THE CHAIN OF LIFE IS BREAKING

Littlefoot felt weird. Here he was with a full grown Sharptooth as a friend when his mother had been killed by one. He wanted to have Ali as his Soul Mate. Yet, there was his nightmare. Did it mean anything? Was he wrong to have befriended Chomper?

Chomper also felt uneasy. Was he putting lives in danger by going to the Great Valley? This marked the second time he'd almost killed Littlefoot and his friends. And there had been the time that he'd bitten Cera's tail too. Would he snap one day?

They were talking merrily when they came across a dreadful scene. Sharpteeth were all dead.

"What killed these?" said Andromeda.

"Who cares?! They're Sharpteeth!" said Cera angrily.

"Cera, that's an awful thing to say!" said Chomper.

"He's right Cera." said Littlefoot.

They looked at the bodies. "Starvation." said Ruby, noticing how thin they were.

"Good, then that means they didn't get Leaf Eaters." said Cera.

"When you eat meat, something has to die for you to eat. You don't get the luxury that you Flatteeth have. Some chose to eat Flatteeth. I don't, but you mustn't be so harsh on them." said Chomper.

They went up ahead and saw even more horror. They had come to a small valley. "Is this the Great Valley?" Andromeda asked Chomper in Sharptooth. Chomper shook his head.

Inside, there were dead Leaf Eaters. They appeared to have starved to death too. There was something noticeably lacking: green. All the food that should have been there had been taken out by rockslides or else knocked down.

"What a terrible tragedy!" said Petrie, shaking his head.

Chomper came closer to inspect. He gasped. "These rocks didn't fall on their own. Neither did the trees." he said.

"What do you mean?" asked Ali.

"Somebody knocked them down. Some wicked dinosaur or something." said Chomper.

"But who would do such an awful thing?" said Ruby.

"Somebody evil. Somebody messing with the Chain of Life. You take out the green, you take out the Flatteeth. You take out the Flatteeth, you take out the Sharpteeth. This was something evil and deliberate. An attempt to break the Chain of Life." said Chomper.

They said nothing. They all wondered the same thing. Finally, they all blurted out "The Terror of the Mysterious Beyond!"

They knew one thing, that whomever it was, they really had to be stopped!

Andromeda hung back near the entrance to the Great Valley. "I'll be back soon." said Chomper in Sharptooth. She smiled at him.

"Chomper, stay back. I'll get you through. This might be harder than we think." said Littlefoot.

Littlefoot went in. His grandparents met him right away. They sure were upset!

"Littlefoot, you had your grandmother and I worried sick!" said Grandpa Longeck sternly.

"I'm sorry Grandpa." said Littlefoot.

"The Old One was in a panic about Ali. You owe her an apology. I trust this adventure was your idea." said Grandma Longneck. Littlefoot nodded.

"And, you were supposed to watch Atto and Nigel. You owe their parents an apology too." said Grandpa Longneck.

"I'm sorry." said Littlefoot.

"You need to shape up. If you hope to get a mate for the Time of Choosing and have a family, and continue a herd, and maybe even lead one, you are going to have to change your ways." scolded Grandma Longenck.

His grandparents moved aside and went off. "I wanted to talk to you guys. It's important." said Littlefoot.

Grandpa Longneck turned back. "You can talk to us AFTER you apologize to those you've upset." said Grandpa Longneck. He and his mate went off.

Littlefoot led the others through. "Chomper, I need you to stay back for a bit." said Littlefoot.

Littlefoot knew that he needed to bring in Chomper carefully. If too many Leaf Eaters saw him, it could get ugly. He knew that many residents weren't fond of Sharpteeth and that Chomper's older age than when he was last here wouldn't help any. He saw Atto and Nigel. An idea came to him. Maybe he could put their annoying habits to good use.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER 12: CHOMPER RETURNS TO THE GREAT VALLEY

"I had a sleep story that a Sharptooth got me." said Hyp's son. "Have you ever seen an actual Sharptooth?" said Nigel. "No. Dad has though. He said they are scary." said Hyp's son. "Sharpteeth are just a myth." said Atto. "Yes, they are made up by the grownups to scare us." said Nigel. "No, they are most certainly real!" said Littlefoot.

"Well Littlefoot, you'd probably know more than all of us. You and your friends go out into the Mysterious Beyond a lot." said Atto. "I used to live in the Mysterious Beyond." said Littlefoot. "You lived there?!" said Atto. "Yes, before I came to the Great Valley. Dad was gone off and Mother, she was killed by a Sharptooth. I went to the Great Valley and came across Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike along the way. We helped each other get here. That's how we became friends." said Littlefoot. "Interesting story. But I've never seen a Sharptooth. How do I know you're not just pulling you leg?" said Nigel. "I have something to prove it to you. But you must keep quiet. If you talk, I'd be in a bind." said Littlefoot. "What's in it for us?" Nigel asked.

Littlefoot thought of telling them that they'd be dinner if they talked, as he thought that might shut them up. However, he didn't want to joke about such a thing. He'd nearly had it happen to him many times before. Particularly the worst day of his life: his fifth Star Day.

"I will give you some Tree Sweets that you have trouble getting." said Littlefoot to them. He made good on that promise and they were satisfied. "Now, I need you to distract some people. If this goes wrong, oh, it would be so bad!" said Littlefoot. They distracted some Leaf Eaters, talking to them. Littlefoot went to Chomper.

"All right friend, let's go in." he whispered. "Why are we sneaking in?" whispered Chomper. "Well, they might have let you in as a kid but no adult Sharptooth has ever been allowed here." said Littlefoot. The two crept passed Bron's herd, which luckily were being distracted by Atto, and didn't notice.

"Your father is here." said Chomper. "Yes, for my 25th Star Day. I come of age. I don't know why he bothers. He knows I don't celebrate it." said Littlefoot. "Why not?" said Chomper. Littlefoot didn't reply. "I was wondering, where is your mother? Why isn't she here for the celebration? You only come of age once." said Chomper. Littlefoot quaked. Chomper realized that he'd hit a touchy subject.

"She's still around, isn't she?" Chomper asked. Littlefoot shook his head, a tear in his eye. "She was stolen from me! On my 5th Star Day!" said Littlefoot. "What happened?" asked Chomper.

"She was killed by a….by a…." said Littlefoot. He didn't want to say it in front of Chomper, for he fully realized the irony of it all. "A what?" said Chomper. "A Sharptooth. He was the very kind as you." said Littlefoot.

Chomper was shocked. At last, he knew why Littlefoot lived with his grandparents. He at least knew why Bron thought all Sharpteeth, minus himself, cowards and hated them so. He felt most ashamed to be a Sharptooth at that moment and hung his head in shame. Littlefoot saw this and said "You and Sharptooth are as different as night and day! You have nothing to be ashamed of."

If Littlefoot only knew how hard it was not to turn on Leaf Eaters. They have treated me awful when I have saved them and being hungry all the time hurts one. Mommy and Daddy have always warned me that one day… thought Chomper.

"You took me in even though you lost your mother." said Chomper, still in shock at Littlefoot's sad revelation about his past. "Yes, I'd lost her only weeks before. She meant a lot to me. She was my best friend." said Littlefoot.

"Littlefoot, if you were to not want to see me anymore, I'd understand. After all, what would your mother think if she saw us together? I cannot partake in anything that would insult the mother of such a great dinosaur as you Littlefoot!" said Chomper.

"Mother told me that there could be nice Sharpteeth. She told me it was possible. That nobody had dared to look." said Littlefoot. Well, there is a pretty good reason they didn't. thought Chomper grimly.

"And yet you dared?" asked Chomper. "I did what I thought was right. I followed my heart, which is the very last thing Mother told me to do before she….before she died." said Littlefoot, a tear in his eyes. At that moment, Ali and the others came. "Littlefoot, we need to figure out what to do with our fanged friend here. If they see him, they might freak out." said Ali. "Don't worry, I've got a plan." said Littlefoot.

"What is it?" said Ali. "I'll go to Grandma and Grandpa." said Littlefoot. "I hope this plan goes better than your little adventure in the Mysterious Beyond went." said Ali grimly. "Oh come on!" whined Littlefoot.

Atto and Nigel had finished talking to the Longnecks. They returned and came across Littlefoot and his friends. They stared at Chomper, for they had never seen a Sharptooth before. "I've never seen a creature like that before." said Atto. "My neither." said Nigel. "What kind of Leaf Eater is that?" said Atto.

"It's not a Leaf Eater." said Littlefoot. "What is it then?" said Nigel. "Something you don't believe exists." said Littlefoot. "A way to get Mr. Threehorn to behave?" said Atto. Littlefoot laughed hard. Cera frowned at Atto and Littlefoot. "No, Atto, a Sharptooth." said Littlefoot.

"Hello there." said Chomper. They could see his long pointed teeth when he spoke. Their eyes also moved to his clawed hands and feet and the razor sharp edges attached to the back of his feet. They turned and stared at his red eyes. Their mouths fell open.

"Look, Littlefoot, I know we've been a pain to you at times, but please, tell your friend here not to eat us. We'll be really good!" pleaded Nigel. "Chomper here doesn't eat Leaf Eaters like us." said Ali. "Chomper? It has a name?" said Atto in shock.

"Yes, Littlefoot named me that." said Chomper. "I don't taste good! Eat Atto here! He's more your type!" said Nigel in a panic. "No, eat Nigel. He's more filling!" said Atto, his eyes open in terror. "I'm not eating either of you." said Chomper.

"But Sharpteeth are supposed to rip us apart and pick their teeth with our bones." said Atto. "Ew! Imagine picking my teeth with something as yucky as your bones." said Chomper. Littlefoot's friends laughed. Atto and Nigel looked terrified. "Chomper is a nice Sharptooth. He's just messing with you guys." said Littlefoot. "Where did you find him?" asked Nigel.

Littlefoot explained. "Wow, that's amazing!" said the two when he was done. "Yes, he's one of my best friends. I trust him completely!" said Littlefoot. "So, he got allowed in before?" asked Atto. "Yes." said Littlefoot. "Were they mad?" asked Atto.

Just then, Bron came by. He saw Chomper and he saw Littlefoot. Images flashed through his mind. Arianna and Sharptooth. He couldn't let that happen again. "Noooo!" yelled Bron, charging forward. The noise of Bron's yell had attracted more Leaf Eaters. Littlefoot rammed his father and knocked him away from Chomper. "Littlefoot, what are you doing?" he said angrily. "Don't hurt Chomper!" said Littlefoot. "Chomper?" said Bron in shock.

Sometime later, the adults met to discuss what to do. Gallim, the newcomer, spoke and said "I have never heard of a such a thing as a friendly Sharptooth. I suggest you turn him out." Several dinosaurs nodded their approval. Littlefoot was angry at this. Gallim might not know Chomper, but some of them had. How dare they suggest turning him out?! "We had Chomper here once as a child. He never hurt anyone." said Grandpa Longneck. "Well, have you ever heard of a grown one that didn't want you for a meal?" said Gallim. Grandpa Longneck said nothing. This was indeed a first. The grownups talked for a while.

It was put up to a vote in the end.    Ptrya voted against Chomper.  "What you doing?!" said Petrie in shock.
"After what happened to your father.  I'm not letting a full-grown Sharptooth into the Great Valley." said Ptyra.
"But Mom, that no fair!  Chomper nice!" protested Petrie.
"Sorry, no exceptions!" said Ptyra.  

It was a tie.  Only one hadn't yet voted:  Grandpa Longneck.  

Littlefoot decided to make sure that Chomper could stay. "I will vouch for him. If anything happens, you can blame me." said Littlefoot.  

"If Littlefoot is so certain that he can trust him, despite what happened to Arianna, then I will vote for him to stay." said Grandpa Longneck.  Chomper and his friends cheered.

"I'll hold you to that!" said Topps to Littlefoot.  

"I warn you, Littlefoot, for your safety, please reconsider. I'd hate to see anything happen to you!" said Gallim. "I'm glad that you're concerned Gallim, but I trust Chomper completely." said Littlefoot. "I'm glad that you've befriended a Sharptooth and think it's very brave of you. However, keep an eye on him. Their nature always will come out….sooner or later!" said Gallim.

Chomper said nothing. He hoped that Gallim was wrong. His worst fear was that Gallim would be right.

Chomper felt hungry at the moment. Yet, Leaf Eaters were not an option. So he went to a stream and began grabbing fish. "What are you doing?" Perrin asked him. "What's it look like?" said Chomper. He put the fish into his mouth and ate them.

"That could be me!" said Atto in fright. "No fear. Chomper would never harm you at all." said Littlefoot. Chomper eventually finished his meal. He turned to Littlefoot. "Could I talk to you and your friends….." he said, turning to look at Atto and Nigel, "er….without anyone else?" Chomper asked. "You heard him. Go." said Littlefoot. They didn't move.

"You heard him. Now go before Chomper changes his mind about eating you!" said Cera. The kids took off at once. "That wasn't very nice Cera!" Chomper protested. "And it's not true. You couldn't change my mind!' said Chomper. "Well, it worked on the kids." said Cera.

"Guys, I wanted to talk about…er, what Gallim said. I….." said Chomper. "Chomper, Gallim may be a great guy, but he's wrong there. You'd never hurt us." said Littlefoot. Don't say never. Chomper thought miserably. His mom and dad had always warned him that he'd be a hunter some day or other. That he'd have to hunt other dinosaurs. "Guys, my Mom and Dad always keep telling me that someday I'm going to have to hunt my fellow dinosaurs. That I cannot escape it." he said.

"Well, I hope they're wrong." said Littlefoot. The others all nodded their approval. "You don't think I'm bad do you?" said Chomper. "I'm going to be honest. I've been so hated by Flatteeth. I've saved them many times. Never been thanked. Never. Then again, after what happened to your mother Littlefoot, I can see why Flatteeth are afraid of me. I happen to look a lot like...him." said Chomper. Littlefoot knew who Chomper meant.

"He was evil Chomper. I could tell there was something different about him. I haven't encountered many Sharpteeth before, but, well, I don't think he was just hunting." Littlefoot said. "I know he wasn't. He was after Longnecks." Chomper stated. "How could you know that?" Littlefoot gasped.

Chomper explained what he'd heard from Antiochles about Red Claw and his brother. "He's a dead ringer for Red Claw's brother." Chomper said. "I guess evil runs in the family!" Littlefoot spat.

"Littlefoot, why don't you celebrate your Star Day? Is it your mother's death?" asked Chomper. "Yes, it most certainly is. I was her beautiful Littlefoot. She had told me many times that she'd die for me. I just never ever thought that she actually...that it would..." said Littlefoot, breaking down in sobs. "I saw what that monster did to her! She didn't deserve that!" snarled Littlefoot, angry at the memories of the worst day of his life.

Chomper stood there, stunned. Did Sharptooth eat my friend's mother in front of him? Chomper thought. Littlefoot guessed what he was thinking.

"No, he didn't eat her. He attacked her back. She was so weak afterward. I thought she might still have been able to live. But I guess the wounds were too great. She died soon afterward. I was there when she died. She told me that she'd always be with me. She told me to listen to my heart. Then, she died." cried Littlefoot, tears falling from his eyes.

"What was her name?" asked Chomper. "Arianna." said Littlefoot. Littlefoot turned to see Ali and noticed that her face was wet. She had been crying at this.

"Littlefoot, I had no idea." she said. "I still have my memories of her. She helped make me what I am today." he stated.

He began to sing:

"Remembering, remembering
is a very comforting thing
To think of loved ones from cold times gone by
and even though they may die.
Thoughts I'll always hold dear

She promised that she'd always be near.

And with her around I felt and I had nothing to fear.

And even though she's gone away

She helped make me what I am today.

And though we are now separated by time and space.

I'll do my best to fulfill her wish to make the world a better place.

I think of her when I feel a fright.

And know that she's watching over me and that I'll be all right.
Remembering makes re-appear

The great times when I was glad.
But even when my thoughts are sad
I'll always have remembering
My remembering."

Grandpa Longneck, meanwhile, was still wondering if he had done the right thing. His beautiful daughter Arianna had been taken nearly 20 cold times ago from him by Chomper's kind. He had hoped that Arianna would outlive him, as a child ought to. But she hadn't.

But, on the other hand, Littlefoot had always trusted Chomper. Littlefoot was what Arianna had died fighting to save. Surely, she wouldn't want her father upsetting her son. He came to his mate. She saw the look on his face.

"You're wondering if you've done the right thing Ignatius, aren't you?" she said. He nodded.

"Arianna meant the world to us Irene. Yet I don't think we should take it out on Chomper, even if he does look like Sharptooth." said Grandpa Longneck.

Meanwhile, Atto and Nigel to go get a closer look at Chomper. "Careful Atto, your grandfather got too close to a Sharptooth and he got eaten." said Atto's mother.

"Nigel, remember what happened to your father. Sharpteeth are dangerous." said Nigel's mother.

"Littlefoot, how many here have lost their families to Sharpteeth?" asked Chomper.

"Many. Especially those who came here with our group. This place is a Leaf Eater sanctuary where we came to be safe from Sharpteeth and to have food." said Littlefoot.

"I don't belong here." said Chomper. The Friendly Sharptooth turned to go.

"I should tell you the reason I took you in. It wasn't just your cuteness." said Littlefoot.

"Well that is a relief. I'm not so cute now." said Chomper. They all laughed.

"I got you because I saw you as an equal. You weren't attacking me. I believed that all Sharpteeth were evil after Mother died like that. Yet you were only a kid. I couldn't leave you to just die out there. Like Spike here, I never had any siblings. They all got taken by Egg Stealers. You were like the brother I never got to have. Yes, you were a bit of a pain at first with your wandering. But, then again, that's how I learned how to put up with Atto and Nigel and not whack them into the next cold time." said Littlefoot.

"Hey!" said Atto and Nigel.

"Anyway, I also knew that if I could change you, then you wouldn't hunt Leaf Eaters. Then other families wouldn't be torn apart. Also, by befriending you, I could put to an end once and for all the lie that you should only be with your own kind. It's been horrible among us Leaf Eaters. I thought that if I befriended a Sharptooth, we Leaf Eaters would see how silly we were being. Mother also opposed the separation of the kinds. She was afraid to speak out against it. Yet her last act was to protect Cera as well as I. In spite of how Mr. Threehorn had said that Threehorns and Longnecks shouldn't be together, she didn't care. I won't let her down. I'll finish what she started." said Littlefoot.

Chomper felt both warmed and guilty. He was touched by Littlefoot's actions, yet he felt so guilty for having tried to hunt them twice now. If he failed and did what everyone expected him to do, Littlefoot would be so betrayed. He stood more resolved now than ever not to hunt Flatteeth.

Atto came to Chomper and stared at his foot claws. "What are those for? They look really pointy." he said.

"They aren't for gathering leaves." smiled Chomper.

"Then what are they for?" asked Nigel.

"Nigel, I don't think you want to know." said Littlefoot.

"What, you think I can't handle it Mr. Littlefoot?" said Nigel.

Chomper and Ruby chuckled at the term "Mr. Littlefoot".

"Very well Nigel. I'll demonstrate on this tree." said the Friendly Sharptooth. He went over to a tree. He swung his foot claws at it. SLASH! The tree was shattered into splinters.

"Amazing! Tree killing!" said Atto in awe. Chomper groaned.

"It's not supposed to be used on trees. It's supposed to be used on Flatteeth." said Chomper. Atto and Nigel gasped.

"Not to worry, Chomper is nice and he hasn't killed a Flattooth." said Ruby.

Chomper felt that he should try and repay Littlefoot for all the kindness that he had given him. An idea occurred to him. "Littlefoot, I need to talk to you alone." said Chomper.

Chomper and Littlefoot went off alone. "You wanted to see me Chomper." said Littlefoot.

"I hear that you are the last of your herd and that you want to continue it. You need a little help." said Chomper.

"Yes, I guess you could say that." said Littlefoot.

"Well, I'm going to help you with Ali. I can tell that you like her. I will help get you a partner for the Time of Choosing. Then I can make it up to you for all the good you've shown me." said Chomper.

"You don't need to Chomper, really." said Littlefoot.

"I insist." said Chomper.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How are people supposed to read all of this? Pace yourself and don't just upload several chapter a day. If you want people to review your writing, then you gotta give them enough time to do so. I used to update my fics every 1-2 weeks, just to give you an idea.
Inactive, probably forever.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have updated some of these and have combined two chapters.  (Which means that now I'd have an empty post now since a chapter would vanish.)

I changed the tune a bit.  Now we get to know about how all the parents, well, minus Topps, since he's older, chose each other.  

I admit, I think my version of "Remembering"  in the chapter where Chomper comes back to the Great Valley is a bit of a tear-jerker (I choked up writing it and I rarely do that.)

Atto and Nigel are supposed to be kinda like Dana and Dinah, except that they are Littlefoot's problem.  :lol  :lol  

Did you think it's funny that Atto and Nigel keep calling our favorite Longneck "Mr. Littlefoot", (kind of to annoy him) or do you think it's kind of dumb?

I need to bring in Alfred (Cera's boyfriend) soon.  Was going to do it sooner but forgot.  This scene will be really funny.  However, it's in a darker chapter where the Old One tells of a night that lots of Longnecks died in the Great Valley about 100 cold times earlier.  

Anyway, stuff has been edited plus a new Chapter, where Ruby finds a boyfriend, is also coming up.

Note: LBT 19 and 20 don't just tell what will become of Littlefoot, Ali, and Chomper, they also tell the past of Sharptooth and Red Claw (somewhat), show Dil and Ichy's past, Ozzy and Strut's past, and also Guido's past, Chomper's past, as well as they mysterious past of the Old One, not to mention her final fate.  It also explains the mystery of where Petrie's dad went.  It also explains, briefly, who Spike's parents were and why they are gone (kinda touching, what they did, albeit sad.)   (LBT 16 told what happened to Topps's first wife and most of his kids.)  So yeah, I had a lot of clean up work to do with these two films that will give the franchise a proper sendoff.

So Spike's parents, Mama Longneck, and Papa Flyer are all in a better place by the time Great Valley adventure starts, though their kids will sure miss them.  

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Mar 4 2015 on  01:21 PM
How are people supposed to read all of this? Pace yourself and don't just upload several chapter a day. If you want people to review your writing, then you gotta give them enough time to do so. I used to update my fics every 1-2 weeks, just to give you an idea.
The Lone Dragon updates his/hers about once a day it seems and he/she is doing fine.