The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Buried Secrets

Nahla · 36 · 4715

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You're trapped,forced out of your comfortable home and into a village with a twisted past. You find yourself trapped in a village  that looks normal but deserted by day but at night it's a frenzy of paranormal activity. You must form trust with the others finding themselves trapped here,there is no escape. Will you figure out the truth of this village's dark and murderous past? And why are the others hiding? Better yet,what are YOU hiding? Is being in this place will a punishment or just a twist of bad luck?

PS: I know I suck a summaries leave me be.

I was talking on Skype with a bunch of people,namely bushwacked,Zimba and Ducky123. I suggested this RP and they all said they would want to join something like this.

We threw some ideas together,and now have our basic plot figured out with more details and twists added later.

Our characters are normal humans,forced out of their homes they find themselves in this village with a dark past violence. Much to their horror they find there is no escape. They find out they are not alone here,but can they really trust the others?  Is there really no escape?

If anyone is interested in joining us,just say so we don't bite...much.

Post your ideas here as well.

People who have signed up so far are.

Nahla
Zimba
Ducky123
bushwacked
rhombus
Serris

Character bios and things can be dealt with later.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Yep, I'm definitely interested in this :D Trying to think of a cool way that the village could stop our characters from leaving. Maybe it's surrounded by a forest that goes on for miles, and when they get to the other side of the woods they just arrive back at the village where they started?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'm going to like this.

What time periods will the characters be taken from? What time period is the village from? Is it a medieval village? A turn of the 19th-20th century village? A 1700s Colonial US village? A modern farming hamlet?

I already have a character in mind. A hunter who was tracking a deer she had shot into the forest and then she ends up in this village.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was thinking maybe it could be set during modern times, but that's one thing we didn't really discuss before - I'm not sure if Nahla had a particular time period in mind?

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Some of us talked in Skype and we decided for a 19th century lookng village. However our little story takes place during modern times.

The place looks in okay shape,it just looks like everyone just got up and left. And what on earth is going on is what our characters try and figure out.

and bushwacked's idea of why they can't escape will work out,unless they just crash into giant invisible wall xD. bushwacked's idea will work fine,then the characters will have have to figure out what on earth keeps sending them back.

There can even be a few reasons why they can't leave.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This sounds interesting.  Count me in.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah, count me in!

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I believe we also discussed that each character will come from somewhere different.

I think thats what Nahla said,each character comes from a different location and none of them have met before. So all our characters will be strangers to each other at first.

I think she wanted to do that to make it more interesting story wise,our character suddenly trapped in this haunted place with a bunch of strangers. Friendships will form over time.

"It would be weird for strangers to meet and are right away BFF,and it would be better if we had to build trust and stuff with the others." -Nahla's own words. And I agree,it would be more interesting.

How they get there..undecided. I think someone in the chat mentioned they wake up their with no memory of how they got here.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Why not have varied ways of entrance to this village?

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm definitely interested in this... but I'm leaving and won't be back until the 30th so... that might preclude me from being able to join, depending on what you had in mind for joining and such.  :(

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@rhombus and Serris,you're both more then welcomed to join our little group.

@Pterano,you can still join if you want. Your character can just arrive a few days in the story after the others,most likely we won't be very far by the 30th anyway. If anything all we'll get done by then is bring characters in and maybe have one or two meet. So you really won't be missing much. Besides we still got a few more things to decide before we even start it. You'll be fine.

More then one entrance is planned..forgot who mentioned that..oh well.

The characters will have basic supplies such as shelter and access to water and food. But even though this takes place in Modern times. There won't be TVs and stuff like that.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think someone in the chat mentioned they wake up their with no memory of how they got here.
Yeah, that was just my idea for my character - wasn't suggesting that everyone's should be like that.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In that case we'll figure it out. Any ideas anyone?

If you guys want to post a little bio for your character,do so. I'll put them all in one post for quick reference later.

Name-Lily Tucker
Gender-Female
Age-21
Appearance- 5'9" Dirty blonde hair,normally tied up in messy ponytail. Dark blue eyes,tan skin.  Mostly wears jeans and a long sleeved shirt. Normally wears dusty cowboy boots.
Personality-Normally quite friendly,but if provoked her temper blows. If does not back down from a fight if challenged. Though she acts though,she really does care about the others..the ones she trusts anyway..the others..she's not so sure..speaks with Australian accent.

You don't have yours exactly mine,add more detail if you want. I just have a basic one for now as I don't want to give away too much of the mystery of my characters background. I'll add more later as the story goes on.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Richard Bryant
Appearance: Average height, about 5"11'. Short, dark curly hair. Thin faced with a slightly hooked nose. Brown eyes. Dark circles under eyes. Unshaven with stubble.
Personality: High strung and untrusting. Suffering from amnesia, doesn't remember anything that happened before he woke up at the village.

Yeah, I'm kind of keeping this vague as well :yes I figure it's better for the information to build up as the RP progresses.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Name: Maximillion R. Spaulding
Sex: Male
Appearance: 5' 11" (180 cm); raven black hair with touches of grey; narrow face with long slender nose; blue eyes with a slightly protruding forehead that creates shadows under the eyes; clean-shaven with pale white skin
Personality: Soft spoken and calculating.  In conversation he tends to use an economy of words, but has a excellent vocabulary.  Gives off an air of being apart from everyone else, which can rub others the wrong way.  Can only remember bits and pieces of what he was doing before he ended up in the village.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Here is mine for now. Like everyone else I'm keeping my character a bit of a mystery at first,

Name: Kate Brown
Appearance: Average height,5' ft 10". Light brown hair with hightlights that lays loosely on her shoulders. Light green eyes on tan skin. Tends to wear a purple scarf around neck and is rarely seen without it.
Personality: Never does much to try and overpower anyone,some may call her a doormat. She'll back away from a fight if possible. Never disagreeing to others choices even if she does feel it is wrong in fear of them turning against her. Prefers to use logic over rather then emotional action.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Name: Maxine "Max" Jaeger
Sex: Female
Appearance: 5' 8". Sand colored hair. Brown eyes. Has a tan characteristic of someone who's an avid fisherman, hunter and hiker. Is of average build but has clearly defined and toned musculature of someone who earned it via manual labor. Dressed in tree-patterned camo with a tan and blaze orange hunting vest with small survival gear inside. Has a belt sheath with a large hunting knife. Carries a hunting crossbow and a wears a quiver with twenty bolts inside on her hip.

Personality: A bit brusque, crude and with a low tolerance for inanity (her definition of inanity is "any talk that doesn't get to the point in less than ten seconds") but her heart's in the right place.

Personality is intended to be developed through the RP.

She went out on a hunting trip and shot a deer. Being the ethical hunter, she tracks the deer for several hours. Eventually, to her surprise, she finds the deer in the middle of an abandoned hamlet. Feeling a sense of unease, she decides to turn around and leave backtrack...only to end up in the same hamlet as before.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would like to join and I have a character. However, I feel it needs some additional thought, so is it OK if I post the character sheet tomorrow?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I likewise would like to jump in, but will also need some time to plan out my character. I could have it done by tomorrow if need be, though.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sure thing you two.

Post them when ever you feel,I'm planning to at least make the RP thread with an intro within the next couple of days or by Saturday at least.

But as long as you have a character bio before you post,it's all fine. Theres proof you wanted to sign up anyway,so it's good.