The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Busy as a beaver

Petrie · 6 · 1716

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Just to give you guys a heads-up I probably won't be posting for the rest of this week.  I have a lot going on with my professional course work so I don't want to be pushing myself to come here.  I probably will drop by Saturday night to see how things are going. :)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ok, well I've finished my observations in the classroom and its safe to say that I think teaching is definitely my calling. :D  Though I've always considered being a writer too. :P

I have much to write up for other classes but I thought I'd let you guys know how things went.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Though I've always considered being a writer too.

I think that teaching and writing books are two professions that can be combined easily. This is what I hope to do too. We seem to be quite similar in our job aims Capitain Arvens. You too mean to teach history, don't you? If so we even aim for the same subject.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's the plan so far though there are times I ask myself "Why am I doing this?" because it sure doesn't feel 100% like it's something I can make a career out of.

Have you ever considered the path not chosen?  If I stick with education, my paths not chosen would've been meteorology and journalism.  There's always that chance that I could end up making one of those my career paths...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Yes, I too have doubts about my plans sometimes. What I may miss is the "creative" part. There are so many things I'd like to do, but in fact as a teacher and writer I may still have enough free time to do that to. It would be more than risky to try to get an artist's job. Not only are these jobs rather rare over here, but also poorly paid. There is very little a chance to get a job for example in the production of a movie such as LBT. And even if so, I'm afraid it becomes more and more computer rather than handwork.
As for journalism I consider if I could write for one of those history papers one can buy over here. The only problem is that they are not likely to actually employ somebody. It is more like people sending them their manuscripts, and they decide what to print and make the authors an offer for their writings.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm in a bit of a hole actually...there's one class that is required for teachers and it's only offered in the fall semesters so if I don't take it next fall I have to wait another year for it.  :angry:   So if education isn't for me, I have to almost make that decision this semester and get out of it, and if I'm going to stick with it I cannot give up too much studying time as it's going to get very hard. ;)