The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

16mm Film

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Before DVD, Movies came out on VHS.  Before VHS, they only played in theaters.  What were those movies on?  16mm Film.

Collecting these things is difficult.  With Google, you have to filter it out carefully just to get some decent results, and even then you'll have a hard time finding something affordable.

Getting a huge collection of this would pretty much stop you from ever becoming a millionaire in your lifetime.  However, some feel it's worth it.

James here, gives you his full experience on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncrISzwnH48

Now THIS is the definition of a Movie Nut. :P:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That was fun to watch, thanks for the link.  

I can bet collecting film, especially nowadays, is expensive.

I can remember in school the teacher having to thread the movie projector sometimes, before vhs came out and the schools got those.  Sometimes the teacher would let us watch a bit of the movie, once it was over, going backwards.  It was pretty funny to watch video backwards as I recall.

16mm is what most home collectors had.  I think there is 32mm but I don't know much about those or what the difference is, its' size or resolution or both.  And the avgn (whatever his real name is, can't remember) mentions 8mm once I think.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Me and my family had those for long time ago!

We had a clip of One Hundred and One Dalmatians, Dumbo and some Disney shorts.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Those 2 parts were fun to watch also.  

I've not seen those cartoons on film, just on tv.  I guess folks who collect film would need a lot of room to store those and to show them also.

How was it to watch those with a film projector?