The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Karaoke Song: Lone Dinosaur

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm not sure Clarice would be impressed with what I'm doing to our lovely effort. :p  But its all in fun.

And you can get the file once you enter the three digit code and wait about 40 seconds.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
*May* have an opporitunity to sing on Tuesday. My temporary roommate was invited to his school to talk about his experience there, as a student survey or something. As a result, he will be gone for at least a couple of hours, leaving me plenty of time for recording.

This is Only tentative though, since the transit system in this city is currently voting to strike. If the busses and train drivers go on strike, my friend will have no way to get to school (which is on the opposite end of the city) for the survey. If that happens, I won't have the house to myself to record. 
Well...that didn't work out so well.  My friend actually Slept Through his appointment, so I won't be getting my recording in after all.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Action9000, I sent you an e-mail.  Can you guess what it contains before you open it? ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I should be able to record tomorrow afternoon.  My friend and I have started taking the dogs out separetely because they're trouble walking together.  That buys me a good 15 or 20 minutes alone to get a recording done. :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I SO hope the one I gave you works for you.  Today's the ONLY day I have time to make and give you a recording that I OBVIOUSLY worked hard on before the deadline. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was able to get some recording done today, but it's not as good as I'd like.  I'll try again tomorrow.  

P.S.  The 2-part chord on the group "Dinosaurrrr!"s will work if I can nail that bottom note.  If I'm off even a little, it will sound very ugly LOL.  I'll keep trying.  I almost got it once, in my first take.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have a couple of announcements about this song:
1) The deadline for this song has been reached.  Thanks to everyone who sent me their voices! B)

2) I was finally able to get a half-decent recording done, so I'll be in the final version.

3) I just need to do a bit of detail work before I release the final song. The details work will be mainly with voice balancing, technical changes (I have to switch out all my real-time compressors for less powerful versions since I'm out of CPU power when running this project), and *possibly* arrangement changes (if I can get something that sounds good).

My temporary roommate ( :p ) will be leaving for one evening this weekend.  I am going to use this opportunity to listen to this song on my speakers instead of on headphones.  during this process, I may be able to tweak the quality of our final song before I release it.  It's too tough to hear some subtle problems in a piece of music on headphones alone. I discovered that with If We Hold On Together, which I mixed entirely on headphones.  Bad idea! :lol

I'll have the final release posted up within a day or two (probably tomorrow).  I think this one will end up sounding awesome!  The voice chords on the later choruses are very cool!  If we ever do "Adventuring", we'll ideally need somebody who can take a note that isn't the "main" note, near the end to fill the 3-voice chords there, but anywho...

Thanks for everyone's great efforts! :D

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
woops forgot to send in my recording didnt i:P

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Afraid so...but don't worry!  I'll still be working on the finishing touches of the music tomorrow, so if you send me your recording by tomorrow evening, I can add you in. B)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Can't wait. :)  The demos I've been getting are awesome.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I hope to hear your voice in the final version Saphireraptor! :yes
No flattery meant, but you sure made a huge difference for the better in case of earlier song projects.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I really can't wait for this one.  I really want to see how my voice mixes in with the others. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Couple more announcements:

1) I ran into some technical problems with my software.  My 'borrowed' registration code was cancelled so I no longer have a fully functional version of my primary music software, FL Studio.  In response, I decided it was time to throw in the towel and actually buy the program. :p  I am waiting for an e-mail from the company, which will contain the link to download the software, as well as my username and legitimate registration code.  The  bad news is that I'm locked out of my software until I get the code, which they say could take up to 48 hours, so I'll need you all to bare with me while I wait for my registration code.  I need to make some final changes so I don't want to upload the song as it is now.  I'd rather wait until it's more complete.

2) SapphireRaptor has not sent me a recording yet.  Feel free to do so until I upload the final song.  After that time, I am willing to make you a special one on the side, but it won't be my main project.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, the issue has been resolved.  I received my registration code in my e-mail this morning ($200 later..*grumble grumble*).  I should ideally be able to get the song uploaded today at some point. B)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I never got an opportunity to listen to this on my speeakers, so it is another case of "let's see how much I can mess up a mix because I can't hear it properly!" :lol

Anyways, I have a present for you all:
The Gang of Five sings "Lone Dinosaur!"
[EDIT]
Read below for an update.

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
ahh imm sorry i couldnt get on yesturday, talk about bad luck  <_<  internet went down on me, andd im 4.5 hours too late *chuckle* ahh

ahh well here it is ^^;; thanks malte btw
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...E3F38861E141767

andd aww you guys sound soo great in this one.

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
ooh mental note, did i ever send you my "Adventuring" recordings?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
ooh mental note, did i ever send you my "Adventuring" recordings?
Yep, I got em. B)