The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time XI News

Petrie · 156 · 19496

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
But everyone has flaws, WR.  Very often some people discover them as they go along with life.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yeah, but Littlefoot is a cartoon protagonist.

He los this mother, went through hell to get to the Great valley. He went through hell while contending with the egg eaters, Chomper and Chomp's parents. HE went through hell when the valey started drying up. He went through to get his grandfather medicine. He went through hell to keep the herd together and get back home frot he island. He went through hell when to keep Deena and Dinah alive and when they broke the rock. He went through hell while dealing with Petrie's uncle. He went through hell when it snowed. He went through heel getting Mo back home. And he went through in the last movie. Come on! Its not like admitting that he caused an accident would be anything compared to what he has gone through in the past. It'd a piece of cake to deal with that!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Arvens: Hey Littlefoot.
Littlefoot:  Hey Arvens.
Arvens:  I've heard you gone through hell many times according to some people....what's it like down there? :P :P

Kidding aside, it is true Littlefoot has his repubutable flaws in every other film...I suppose it wouldn't be anything new to see him express them again....  <_<

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
When did I mention his flaws? What I said was that he has been through MANY hardships in the past and because of that: Taking a little responsibility should not be a hard thing for him to do.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
From the little we know about the LBT 11 plot, I could very well imagine that Littlefoot doesn't see the fatal results about that lie he utters. I mean, it seems like the fruits of one tree were lost and Littlefoot doesn't admit that it was him who acidentaly knocked down the blossoms.
It is not like there is only one tree in the Great Valley, and even in case it was the only one with these "tree sweets", how could Littlefoot expect the grownups to get in such a "get Frankenstein" kind of frenzy?
I mean, come on grownups, this is only one tree!
I could imagine that Littlefoot did think that way, while I'm sure that he didn't like a demagogue set everyone against the Tinysaurs.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
If he didn't think that much trouble would come of it, why would he lie about it? That actually doesn't make much sense. If I did something bad on accident, but didn't think that anyone would get too upset over it, I'd just tell the truth.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I suppose that Littlefoot would expect the grownups to be angry with him, shouting at him (and maybe he had some kind of conflict with them before). If the same reaction of the grownups was aimed at the tinysaurs who had apparently disappeared to whereever their hiding place is, it must've seemed to Littlefoot like no harm would come from it at all. I really don't think he expected the grownups to get into such a frenzy. Maybe (I'm just speculating) Cera's father triggers such a frenzy hoping to impress this female threehorn mentioned in the summary.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I guess Cera's dad is always like that.. in every movie since 5 when they seeme to have adopted this meating zone where Cera's dad always finds something to argue with Littlefoot's grandpa... Maybe this movie will try to focus more on Cera.. since lbt 7 was about Petrie as a sort od sideline important issue, lbt 8 about Spike and also about Ducky.. lbt 9 is more of a general thing.. and 10 is about Littlefoot.. so now it's Cera's turn =p Another thing I've noticed is that on lbt 9 and 10.. and maybe 8 but I can't remember the narrator at the end promesses more adventures like he did in lbt 4.. we're still waiting for Ali's return.. so you kind of have to think if this promisses are just to keep people interested in lbt or they're actually gonna take them serious
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
At the end of LBT 10 the narrator says:
For Littlefoot and his father there would be more adventures to come, but for now he headed for home.
So indeed this could be interpreted as much as a promise as the end of LBT 4 can. It remains a question though whether or not this is mere rhetoric or if they really have plans to create another movie. I think that they want to keep this option open to themselves, while they didn't see it as a promise to be kept. We may have to live without a return of Ali.
There are other characters whose return was not promised by the narrator, but by the characters themselves (Pterano is the best example). As for me I could life without a return of Bron unless some of the discrepancies about his story in LBT 10 would be explained.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think it would be hard on the series if they didn't invite Ali back somehow because many of those that remember that story anticipate her return.  Maybe before Roy Allen Smith was (fired or quit) he had a plan for a movie with Ali in it, but maybe Grosvenor didn't want to go along with it, and it's been a dead issue ever since. :(

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The question is if the series is still aimed at those who watched the first movie and the early sequels and took them to heart. We are certainly a minority if compared to the little kids who watch LBT not thinking "too much" about them.  :(
The way LBT 10 contradicted the original movie makes me really think that we are not really the target audience anymore. If we are not, it is not likely that we shall see Ali again.  :(

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sad, but true. At least the makers of the first sequels had us in mind.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ali could probably be a better character than a potentially new character. ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't quite understand what that means.  :huh:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Would there ever be one with Ali back in it? there so much talking going on about it. Have you seen the way they made many of the dinosaurs in movies before number 8 9 or 10 simplely disappear. And now you have Mr Thicknose vanished off the earth. What the hell are they playing at???

-Threehorn

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What I meant is that Ali is a better character than some of the more recent ones that appear in just one film--Tippy, Thicknose, Bron.....

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Oh I forgot about Tippy. But I wish they would bring them back into some of them, only a shory secne would do. I am not asking for much! Really!! I am not!! ONE TALK ONE WORD ANYTHING!!

opps...

-Threehorn

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
And I'd like to know why Hyd, and his two cronies would simply disappear. Granted, they aren't a part of Littlefoot's group, but they knew Littlefoot and his bunch before they were friends, as implied by the beginning.

Mr. Thicknose: The one good thing about "The Big freeze".

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think you mean Hyp, Nod, and Mutt. ;)  Yeah, God only knows where they went. :P

I would have liked Thicknose better if they didn't ask Robert Guillaume to sing!!!  <_<  That just ruined it for me, because he can't carry a tune, period.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
True. But I it also probably had something to do with the song, because he did just fine singing a song in the "Lion King" sequel.