The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Passing of the land before time

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
What I hear about LBT 11 really puts me into a gloomy and malancholic mood.  :cry2
In my opinion LBT has been growing worse ever since LBT 7. There was nothing I considered really "horrible" until LBT 10 and LBT 9 was even an exceptionally good sequel which nourished my hopes that there were more good sequels yet to come.
However, the way things are turning I do not suppose that there will be a good sequel again, perhaps the 12th movie is going to be the final one.  :cry  
It is difficult for me to say whether or not I would have had LBT end with an earlier sequel so it would have been a good ending, a dignified ending. I shall watch LBT 11 and I shall watch LBT 12, but I do not know if I shall be glad to have done so, or if I will get just depressed.
I don't understand why LBT is turning that way. With just a bit of the enthusiasm and the phantasy demonstrated by the fans of LBT on many occassions, I'm sure that it would be possible to create half a dozen more sequels. Good sequels! Sequels that are more than mere repetitions and sequels that take place in a land before time as we got to know it from the original movie and the first sequels.
As those who are in charge of the plots and other elements of the movies that have decreased in the last sequels don't seem to have this enthusiasm and phantasy I'm afraid that these good sequels shall exist, but only in our minds and hards, and in some cases perhaps written down on paper.
Goodbye land before time  :(

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I was thinking that #12 could possibly be the final flick we see but it's all down to the individual to say which sequels they prefer. I've always LIKED the latter part of the saga; prefering the sequels as they went along. To me, even though there may not be anymore LBT films, that doesnt seem to be end for me. Somehow, just because the series will eventually have to cease, I don't see that as an end. Probably sounds illogical and a bit off-the-wall but that's the way I see it. LBT's not gone! It's here baby! And it lives on! Maybe not through newer sequels but the spirit's still there!  ;)  :^.^:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Of all people that would post a message like this, I'm surprised it would be you, Malte. :o

Personally, the sequels have never been that good from my view so I knew it would only be time before their demise reached it's point.  It's still not there so long as LBT 12 is still in the works; the Titanic is inching closer but it hasn't smacked that iceberg, and it will as soon as the last LBT film is made.  Then LBT will truly go by the wayside because the only film anyone will really want to discuss is the first one, but that's been done so many times, it gets dull after a while.

If you've ever wondered why all the LBT message boards barely survive by a string its because of the sequels.  They might have had a better chance if there never were any sequels because people would keep coming back to the theatrical film as nostalgia. ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
#12 will not be the last. they'll continue to make sequels until even diehard fans can't watch them anymore. Sadly, that point for me is approaching rapidly. If they were to bring back Ali, I'd watch it, but they promised she'd come back 7 sequels ago, and the wait is getting tenous.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You are right, Arvens. It is not like me to start weeping like that and I apologize for my outburst. I have acted against what I always tell others, namely to watch a movie (or whatever else) before judging it. I'm truly sorry for that.
The fact that I did all this shows just how despaired I am about some turns LBT has taken and which it seems to continue in LBT 11 (trusting in your judgement).
LBT movies are valued very differently by the fans, which may disprove my assumption of LBT 12 being the last LBT movie to come.  
So the continuation of the series may not be as endangered as I thought it would. Either way I would rejoice if the producers took a little more care in their plots.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I had a bad feeling about LBT 11 ever since the shot of the cover was first posted on the Network forum. And the advertisement is bland and childish. Has anyone seen the promos for LBt 11? Its about 30 seconds, and nearly made me gag. Let's hope LBT 12 is much better than Lbt 11.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Heh, I won't waste my time with LBT 12.  -_-   It's too late since they've bombed too many sequels with me.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Then you are even more foregone than me Arvens.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I could pass a word to Aria about it. See if any of the LBT after number 12 will have sequels to those that past like LBT 4. Since I been talking to her, I guess we came friends online. I could put forward this to Aria and see if the word could reach the producers to make sequels that have the return of many old charcaters from the last ones.

-Threehorn

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bringing back old characters won't bring me back though, Wayne. ;)  As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with the sequels and will continue to praise the theatrical film for those that want to watch one of the LBT movies. :)

I'm more foregone than anyone here, Nick. ;)  About the only one that might give me a run for my money in that department might be Drew.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
About the only one that might give me a run for my money in that department might be Drew.
What do you mean?
Bringing back old characters won't bring me back though, Wayne.
Did you give up any hope that there might be a good sequel again? I hope that my little outburst in that direction didn't trigger anything.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 20 2005 on  09:55 AM
About the only one that might give me a run for my money in that department might be Drew.
What do you mean?
Bringing back old characters won't bring me back though, Wayne.
Did you give up any hope that there might be a good sequel again? I hope that my little outburst in that direction didn't trigger anything.
If you think you did that....think again....I've been against the sequels much longer than you can imagine...I just keep that under wraps. ;)  Am I hoping for another miracle?  No.  If the last film didn't show that they care more about the young audience that keeps asking for more, than the ones who have been with the series long enough to have seen the original in theaters, then I really don't know what is. <_<

The reason I said Drew probably felt the same about LBT 11 is because I knew (and he posted it a few times) that he had no intention of seeing LBT 11 when it came out.  Some of the "oldies" are losing faith in the series...many lost it after the first couple of sequels.  To me, now I'm just a sideliner waiting for the Titanic to sink, indifferent to how long it will take.

Platvoet en zijn Vriendjes

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/landbeforetime
You know filmmakers, they will make land before time sequels till they are non-profitable

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I don't know about that! I mean...the LBT series has racked in a staggering amount of moolah! I think it depends on how successful that project the flick to be! It's always a gamble from what I've heard from lecturers in their lessons.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
But I suppose (at least I hope) that they could keep the series more profitable if they took a little more care to create a good plot and not kill the excitement by letting sharpteeth appear too harmless.
Anyway, I regret that I even started this thread because I feel I may have created or at least supported an unconstructive, downhearted mood. They CAN create more good sequels (I guess nobody will deny that there is this possibility) and so long this possibility exists we have the choice between hoping and despairing.
I did make my choice and decided for the more pleasant option :)

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I think that the sharpteeth from lbt 1 was the best, because he was the scariest

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, but the other sharpteeth weren't too bad either. In LBT 6 it was stated that sharpteeth aren't very smart, but at least they remained a bit scary. Then came the one from LBT 8 which was really a dump one, and in LBT 10 they were degraded to mere cowards (one of whom tripped over Shorty where realistically Shorty would have been squished). The trend of silly, coward, stupid sharpteeth seems to be continued in LBT 11. I found a little statement from Grosvenor concerning this in an interview which I posted in an own thread here.

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well, or they must use the lbt drawing style from the first movie, then the sharpteeth will look scary again.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Platvoet en zijn Vriendjes,Jan 21 2005 on  07:52 AM
Well, or they must use the lbt drawing style from the first movie, then the sharpteeth will look scary again.
That's true...the T-rex from the first film might have looked square, but he looked the part he was playing...and that was a hungry carnivore.  The rounded noses on the later sequels make them appear to be friendlier.....