The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF AWARDS 2015 edition

Nick22 · 8 · 2070

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone!
 the staff of the GOF are proud to announce that the 2015 GOF Awards will be starting on August 1st and will run for two weeks. as before, voters are allowed to skip a maximum of 2 categories, provided they vote in the appreciated Award. we have decided to make a slight change to the requirements.  the requirements of being active for 3 months and getting to 100 posts will remain unchanged, however a poster must now have posted within the last 2 months in order to be eligible. in the past it was within the current year, but we have found that folks who posted at the beginning of the  year and were absent for several weeks or months afterward  did not come back to participate. we have decided this year to try and increase the percentage of eligible members who vote to 25%, because in the past the percentage of people who actually voted, was to be candid very low, and it does take a lot of staff time and effort to put on these awards each year.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
This is a very good update to the rules! :)
8 years with TGOF :yum

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm just a little confused, let me know if I'm reading this right.

In the past it was:

*Users who have posted in the last year are allowed to vote

Now it's:

*Users who have posted in the last two months are allowed to vote

This is a good change, it keeps the voting pool tight and will hopefully give more efficacy to those who are eligible.  But I don't see how this can raise the pool of eligible voters by 25%. Sounds more like it would have to decrease the eligibility pool by definition.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In the past years it was always that posters who had still been active in the year of the vote could participate. The shorter timespan reduces the number of possible candites / voters just a little, but ensures that voters and candidates are still up to date about the GOF and its activities.

The award voting is a dear held tradition on the GOF. On the other hand it is also a lot of work, preparing, organizing and conducting the whole thing. Participation in the award voting however has been very low.
The participation of at least 25% (of the total candidates that is rather than an increase of 25% compared to last years vote) will to some degree determine as to whether or not the award voting will be held in upcomming years. We are not out to "prohibit" further award votings of course, but if the interest continues to be limited to so very few members it is not going to continue the way it has so far.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Will the fanfiction awards be starting at the same time? :)

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This time already? Year gone fast.

I'm gonna amuse all the awards are the same as last year.

If I worked this out right, voting will close on the 15th. Any special time for this? I'm 10 hours ahead of most members so if the forum has event at certain times I have to figure out that in AEST.

Hopefully I can find some time to vote, last year I had to do it rushed last minute post.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: bestariana1girl,Jul 31 2015 on  06:45 PM
Will the fanfiction awards be starting at the same time? :)
There were only 5 people submitting to the FF awards last year and they barely got any votes, on top of that only a few people decided to put the awards in their signatures (months after the awards because I couldn't make the awards earlier). I really didn't have the time to run it back then, nor do I have the time to run it right now. Unless there are more than 5 people truly interested, I don't think they will run this year.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Then can you please make a post about it Mumbling, seeing if enough to people would enter? I'd like to enter mine.