The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dawn of The Shadowlands

Nahla · 62 · 8038

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was gonna wait till Nahla's story was done but now I realized lot of it won't make sense due to the odd mention of characters never heard of before. So I do advise you read this first and then read How Do I Still Live as a sequel...when they are done anyay.

This is pretty much of how the Shadowlands came to be,they weren't always like the way they are.

So what happened?

Read on and find out

WARNING:
DARK DARK DARK

Death,gore,blood and other stuff but not of concern yet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Bred For Evil

A purple female longneck laid peacefully on her side,her red eyes dropping from laziness. Artemis yawned and flicked her tail waiting for the return of her mate. The black and grey male was walking slowly back towards the nest. Dionysus's amber eyes flickered boredly. He wanted some action. He knew he would have some soon as his beloved mate Aretmis was pregnant. The child would be born and trained for war. The land was just recovering from a heavy drought. The herd had lost some members but Dionysus just shrugged them off deeming them unfit anyway.

The herd was like no other,this herd was evil. They lived for war and bloodshed. The former leaders-Dionysus's parents  Cadmus and Semele walking towards him.

Semele smiled at her son her grey eyes still having the murderous look she was born with,her tinted black scales were covered in red scars from old wars. "When will they be born?" she asked referring to the expected children.

Dionysus thought for a minute "Artemis should lay the eggs any day now,she seems tired all the time lately" he flicked his long tail "I just hope I get at least one son to take over my role".

Cadmus nodded,the old mud brown male with amber eyes that he passed on to his son agreed "Yes,you need at least one. However it is best there is only one. Remember Attis? That was drama..kinda fun though" he laughed.

Attis was Dionysus's brother,wanting to be leader of the herd he challenged his brother who Cadmus already gave his role to. The fight was bloody by Dinoysus came out the victor much to Casmus's relief. He was afraid he might have chosen the weaker one as his heir,rather then worry about his sons safety. But such is life as a longneck many knew at the time as 'Bloodshedders'. Or just flat out murders.

Aretmis jerked her head up at sudden rush of pain "DIONYUS!" she screamed.

Another herd member-Galli rushed to her leaders side "Calm my leader,soon the heir will be here. And we can continue to bring torment and death to world for many more years" she chuckled.

Dionyus gently smacked the red female "Now now Galli don't be nice" he teased before lowering his head to his mate "It's time now?".

Artemis nodded and screamed again.

Dark thunder colours quickly covered the sky the sky turning a sicking red.,the herd cheered. This was a sign of a demonic presence to them. This was just to great.

The world will suffer and beg for their mercy...serves them right for what they did to them.

Artemis kept screaming out,Dionyus rubbed her cheek "It'll be ok,soon our children be born".

Artemis gritted her teeth but did not answer just tried to get through this laying already so she could get her beauty sleep.

A few hours passed

Two large eggs laid by Artemis's side a,she was looking at them a satisfied smile on her face.

Dioynus jumped on to a ledge as the clouds cleared and showed the red sky he let out a evil laugh "BE PREPARED!" he shouted to the world.

The herd gathered to look at the eggs-the eggs bred for evil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes it a little thingy I got going on,Hades' family names are all Gods/Goddesses from Greek Mythology.

Oh yes,a shout out to Ducky123,somerandomfangirl and Zimba

HAI GUYZ! :wave

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi  :nyah
The whole Shadowland story is just great, I wish I'd have so much creativity to create OC's like you  :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
We all want Nahla's OC talent.

Nahla (the character) gonna end up one of the most famous LBT oc's...I can see it.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Gonna write both Nahla's and Hade's stories at the same time...this will go well....

Hehe thanks guys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2: Birth Of A Tyrant.

A month has now passed,Artemis knew her children would hatch any time now and would not take her eyes off them. A greedy smile was on her face,these children would not be laughing and playing games but training for war. War was all Artemis cared about,she did not care how many died in it. She always wanted there to be a war.

The Bloodshedders were great rivals with another longneck herd who call themselves 'Peacemakers' what a laugh. The leaders of that herd was also expecting children. As well as a close friend of the lead female in the group. Pfft who needs friends.

Dionyus walked up to her "Is it time yet?" he asked is he was flat out demanding the children were to be born right this second.

"Nearly" Artemis growled in response to his tone,she did not like being told what to do. Even as a child she did not,though her parents did end up regretting bossing her around,she killed them..both of them. They were both Peacemakers which she refused to be. After their murders by herself she joined the Bloodshedders and after hearing what she had done,Dionyus chose her to be his mate.

A small crack appeared in one of the eggs,a dark aura seemed to surround it. The herd gathered staring in wonder,what they did not know is that they were about to witness the birth of tyrant...the tyrant known as the devil.

A long jet black tail burst through the egg and with one swift motion the egg shattered into pieces. A fully black male stood up and hiss. His blood red eyes glowing.

The herd gasped,the child acted like it was some kind of demon already.

Artemis could not be prouder of her little de-....darling. She picked him up,the hatchling swiping at her face all the while. She placed her son on her back as he glared up at her. His eyes reflected like a dark flame-cruel and tormenting.

The other egg by now hatched but no one seemed to notice the little amber girl her eyes a beautiful green. She tried to squeak for her mothers attention,only love and kidness was seen in her so far.In the herds view...she was a dud.

Dioynus smiled at his son "His name will be Hades,meaning king of evil" his eyes flickered to his daughter "As for that one..it's name will be Corbeille for it means trash..which it was it is" used his tail to shove the little girl like was indeed trash. Artemis smiled as she rocked Hades "Just keep that trash away from my little prince" she looked down at her sleeping son "Sleep my little Hades,let your dreams take wing..one day when your big and strong...blood you shall make shed" she left out an evil laugh.

The rest of the herd joined in as Dioynus addressed his herd. "I now the key to our rightful return..to POWER".

No one noticing poor little weak Corbeille..no one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes they named their daughter Trash...rude much..well it a fancy language but still...they named her TRASH..poor girl.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Poor Trash... I mean, Corbeille... but still... Trash... :(

I'll adopt Trash, er, Corbielle, gladly. :D

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Corbeille... nuuuu :o
Can I appear randomly in your fic as my OC Razor and wipe all those horrible murderers out?! ..... Plz?
You can see I really like this by my reaction - the fact that I want to tear everyone's eyes out :bang
you have a talent for the darker side of drama, brilliant!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Aww poor Trash...er Corbeille..

No wonder why Hades is insane...his parents were monsters :o

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1 month later..here is chapter 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 3: Peacemakers.

Years came and went and Corbeille and Hades grew. The littermates were now 8 years old. But while Hades was adored by everyone Corbeille was abused and rejected she was often used for Hades to practice his fighting and attacking on.

Corbeille was walking on the boarders outside her home,wondering what her life meant. Surely war and violence was wrong...wasn't it? Why can't they just be at peace?. Sighing she lowered her head not watching where she was going. She a thump she crashed into a group of other longneck children who had wandered from their home in search of adventure...these children were from her herds biggest rivals-Peacemakers.

The group of four peacemakers glanced at each other,before a grey male stepped forward "Are you a Bloodshedder?" he asked curious,next to him was another grey longneck but this one was a female. A few feet away were another male and female longneck child. The male was light blue while the female was a light purple with silver highlights.

Corbeille gulped and nodded "Yeah...are you Peacemakers?"..

"We sure are.." the grey female whispered almost timidly.

"I'm Zac" the grey male said "And this is Maia" he nodded towards the female next to him. He looked behind him "The blue guy over there is Ben and the purple girl is Anela".

Corbeille nodded "I'm Corbeille".

"Nice to meet yah!" Zac grinned "Wanna come explore with us?" he invited.

"Err...sure" Corbeille answered slowly following the group,lead by Ben and Anela.

Maia rubbed against Zac's side keeping an eye on Corbeille like she was here to take him off her.

Corbeille dropped back at bit feeling uneasy about this,she just hoped she wasn't caught.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah I named Grandma and Grandpa Maia and Zac in memory of my own Grandparents.

Anela means angel

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yes, Corbeille, go with them! They'll look after you!

And I think it's really sweet that you named the grandparents after your own. :yes

Nice to see a new chapter, looking forward to more! :D

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Love Grandma and Grandpa's names it so sweet as Rammy has said.

I hope Corbeille does not get caught :o.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
now that's interesting  :wow ...

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chapter 4:This Is A New Feeling

Corbeille followed the group in silence,she kept looking around like she was expecting an attack any minute.

Maia dropped back to walk beside her "Umm..Corbeille?" she whispered softly.

Corbeille turned to look at her "What is it Maia?"

Maia sighed "Your not supposed to be with us our herd does not like Bloodshedderss much".

Corbeille lowered her head to the ground "I know same with my herd about Peacemakers..to be honest I'll rather be a peacemaker"

"Really?" Maia asked surprised "I thought all Bloodshedders were evil".

Corvbeille sighed heavily "Guess I am a dud then" she commented.

The grey female beside her went quiet after this she couldn't stand the thought of having to live with murderers "You know..you  seem all right" she said breaking the silence.

"You think so?" Corbeille asked raising her head.

Maia nodded "Yeah you seem really nice....just stay away from Zac...he is mine" she giggled sprinting forward.

Corbeille chuckled shaking her head but smiling,she never felt so loved and welcomed,this was a new feeling to her...but she liked it. She startled when she realized something..for the first time in her life she felt like she really belonged and most of all she had friends,friendship was banned in the Bloodshedders they were more like 'partnerships'.Mates were just to expand the herd really there wasn't really any love in it.

Suddenly black shaped rammed into her side sending her across teh ground.

Hades stood over his sister snarling "And where are you going?!!"

~~~~

CLIFF HANGER FOR THIS ONE TOO

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
*Le gasp*  :wow

Throughout that chapter I was like, "Join them, Corbeille! They'll look after you!" And then... bam. Screw you Hades. :p

chaosdestruction

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I loved this chapter; Corbeille was finally being accepted, then BAM! That's why in a story I have planned with a friend, Hades always leaves with 2 black eyes, second degree burns, and all his bones broken or bruised.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chapter 5: Traitor

Corbeille stammered "Ummm..." she shook,her brother terrified her.

Hades snarled and smacked her across the face "ANSWER ME!".

Corbeille rubbing her now bleeding cheek sobbing"I..I...was just having some fun with my new friend..I-"

Hades cut her off by pinning her to the ground and pressing his foot against her throat "FRIENDS? You know friends are for weaklings right..oh wait you are a weakling" Hades laughed for a second "But thats beside the point,what are you doing with Peacemakers?".

"They are my friends..." Corbeille whispered.

Hades was angered "FRIENDS?!! PEACEMAKERS?!!  HOW DARE YOU BETRAY THE BLOODSHEDDERS" he shouted while beating her in the head.

"Im...I'm sorruy" the female whispered "I was just lonely..I-"

"STOP TALKING" Hades yelled "Just be quiet while I kill you".

Corbeille tried everything she could to break free but she was trapped.

"I'll teach you TRAITOR!" Hades shouted before grabbing her neck to snap it to the side to break it as he was taught.

"HEY LEAVE HER ALONE!" a male voice shouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIFF HANGER AGAIN

Would you guys mind if I send Hades off a cliff into icey waters?

chaosdestruction

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Nope! Not at all! Heck, I'll bring some popcorn and candy!

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yay..Karma gets him back in How Do I Still Live but I won't say what cause thats spoilerness.

To make up for my 2 months of being away I'll posting 2 chapters a day. I wrote them all on paper when my laptop was broken just need to type them out. But I shall do that later cause me and Zimmy going to movies in half an hour...well more like 23 minutes if you wanna be exact.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Damn, more cliffhangers! You're leaving me on edge here, sis...

I wonder who that is trying to stop Hades...  :blink:

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hades turned to come face to face with Zac "What did you say?" he snarled.

"I said leave her alone" Zac answered also snarling.

"How dare you..." Hades growled stepping off his sister,he was know staring dead at Zac "Your just a lousy Peacemaker".

Zac stood his ground "Your the lousy one-bashing up a girl".

This angered Hades and he rammed his whole wait into the grey male "Shut up unless you want to die with her" he warned.

"Dude,your like in our land anyway so like yeah" Ben stepped forward Anela joining him,both looking very angry.

Maia snuck over to Corbeille "Come with me..I'll take you to my parents".

Corebeille froze "I can't..I'm a Bloodshedder" she reminded.

Maia sighed "Oh yeah..but they really nice and so are Zacs..and his Grandpa tells great stories,he the herds Story Speaker".

"Story speaker?" Corbeille questioned.

Maia looked awkward "Yeah...don't you have them in your herd?".

"No" was Corbeilles reply.

Anela walked up to them,Zac and Ben were battling Hades.

"Corebeille...I'm sure the grown ups will give you a chance" Anela said softly.

"I-" Corbeille was cut off by a scream.

~~

CLIFF HANGER

Oh I am so evil  :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You're the master of Cliffhangers Nahla :wow

Whoo, I look forward for daily updates :)
NO!!! Throw him into a fire pit instead :smile
Nope! Not at all! Heck, I'll bring some popcorn and candy!
Me too :lol
Oh I am so evil dino_laugh.gif
I thought Zimmy is the evil one of you two :DD