The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dinosonas

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'm deciding to change and redo who I would be as a prehistoric character in the LBT universe. While I love Pteranodons and I have had day dreams of flying and that sort, I don't know if at heart I would be one. I tend to want to have my feet firmly set on the ground, literally and figuratively. While I like water and that sort of thing, I also wanted to be an animal I have not seen in the series and see which ones resonated well with me.

I'm mostly just going to post the physical appearance and personality, since I don't have an exact picture of what exactly I look like as this one animal. Also for the sake of redoing my persona character, I figure I'd rename her what I usually go by these days. Ama.

Physical Appearance: Built like your typical, young adult Didelphodon, althought slightly slimmer and not quite as heavy boned. Has a thick, dark brown fur coat with red undertones, cream underbelly, dark gray rounded ears and dark gray paws, a wet black nose, and medium brown, round eyes. She has a few little scars on her legs and arms and tiny bit of belly fat.

Personality: Ama is not in particular one that stands out at first glance. She keeps a rather low profile, is quiet, does her own thing, and depending on her job does her darnedest to get it done, even if she struggles at the task at hand. She's the type of person you see in the corner on her electronic device, book, or notebook for writing, not really making any contact or even raising her head to say hello. This gives the illusion that she's aloof, not wanting to deal with society, interact with other people, or take an interest. Sometimes it is just that, she just wants her alone time, but usually, she's observing and looking for an oppurtunity to come in and interact even if it's something as simple as someone asking what time of day is it. Her social anxiety, her self-consciousness is usually what gets in the way of making, keeping, and establishing relationships. She usually relies on timing, when is the right time for her to give her opinion or share information on her interests. However, sometimes even when social, work, or self-improvement oppurtunities do come up, particularly if a parent or a family member points them out to her, she will shut down or refuse to do anything at worst, or be reluctant at best.

Ama also is her own worst critic. She can be down on herself if she cannot do a task that is easy to (in her eyes) most other people. Any little flaw she has, she will scrutinize it to the max and sometimes use it as an excuse to not take chances she otherwise would have wanted to do. And because of certain experiences, she will be less likely to take other certain risks again.

Despite these obstacles however, Ama is also a very curious, empathetic, sharp, and dutiful individual. She has varied interests, such as animals, particularly her cat, Django (Gypsy) feeling that she doesn't have to "impress" them or be a certain way with them. She's also very protective of her cat, seeing him as her "little boy". She also loves music, dance, reading, writing, and even drawing in her spare time. Animation, particularly Danny Phantom is a big obsession for her right now.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
I can't draw, but if I were a dinosaur, I'd probably be a spiketail - a bit of a glutton and lazy.  :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I would be either a flyer like petrie so I could explore everything.

brittanytangle13

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://unfortantly i don't have one (i might try!)
here is my oc!!!!

Name:Brittany gigan (friendly,smart mammal. Witch some leaf eaters call me.)

Species: human (but no dinosaurs have a need to hurt me)

Look: green eyes, soft white wings, brown hair,with glasses,braces and a scar on my right eye

Personality: like leaf eaters, I'm a just one special girl to enter the great valley
Where I meet littlefoot and his friends, and of course redclaw,screech and thud in the mysterious beyond.  
Some times I play with littlefoot and his friends,Other times I go to the mysterious beyond when I hear redclaw's roar. It is sometimes hard work for me to do while playing with my friends!
My star day is in the spring of April 16,The day I was born. Unlike littlefoot's grandparents I was saved by redclaw's minions from a flying sharptooth,and was taken cared as a child.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Click the 'IMG button' and paste the link to your picture and click 'okay' :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Umm…no offense, Brittany, but to count as a dinosona, your character has to be a dinosaur or other prehistoric animal (any species that has appeared in the LBT series or that you might conceivably find in the LBT world). Basically, a dinosona is yourself as whatever prehistoric species you think you would be if you were in the LBT world.

Sorry, I hope I don't sound rude. :unsure: I just wanted to clear that up. (Let me know if you want me to explain it to you further.)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Just bumping this to let people know that this is the place to post your dinosaur self inserts. I'll revamp my profile later.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I am, in turn, self-bumping this so I'm subscribed to the thread. Will add my bio as soon as I get home

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Alexios

Species: Gallimimus (Rainbow Face)

Appearance: His build is lean and supple, his form is mainly a light brown in colouration, with a darker, earthy shade along his underside and a bit of dark green tracing the length of his spine. His eyes are a lighter green with subtle flecks of a soft blue here and there. His claws are grey in tone.

Personality: He is primarily reserved and humble, with a tendency to be straightforward; sometimes even blunt. Often doesn't like to be the center of attention, as he feels safer when laying low; so to speak. He can sometimes be a bit absentminded and other times his senses are as sharp as a blade. He is known to show empathy and has a quite the moral compass, he also shows a reluctance towards getting involved in confrontations or any dangerous situations unless he either has no other choice or thinks it to be the right thing to do.

Alexios also suffers from anxiety, flashbacks and night terrors. He is prone to isolation and can come off as cold at times, while at others he seems a slave to his emotions and can be irritable. So too can he be self-destructive at times, even putting himself into a 'damned if I do, damned if I don't' state of mind. He isn't the best at keeping a level head when under pressure either.

He is a bit stubborn - once he sets his mind to something, there's a good chance he'll follow through with it. He values growth(be it physical, mental, spiritual etc.)  and as such, is also keen on introspection and likes to push his limits.

Speech Pattern: He tends to be well spoken and proper, often enunciating his words a tad. Although he is prone to a persistent repetition of words every now and then. He speaks in a mix of English and Welsh accents.

Attributes: Alexios is resourceful, quick, observant, can keep a secret, can be charismatic at times, he is adaptable as well (though its not always in the shortest time span), he has some survival experience, is a decent singer, can be stealthy,   and he does have the potential to be a good story speaker.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Name: Jax

Species: Saurolophus (Swimmer)  

Appearance: He is physically strong and fit, though he has several birthmarks on his leg, arm and thumb and all on the right side. He has sharp blue eyes and a light blue underbelly but the rest of his body is pure white, he has three gold stripes run down his back and the other too flanking either side of his spine and going all the way up to his face. The lower back portion of his crest is gold and the two gold lines end in splotches around his eyes. His appearance is considered to be highly unusual.  

Personality: Jax is a very tough and clever Swimmer, he is considered wise by some of his kind. He is a born leader but doesn't acknowledge this, he loves getting in the water and is at home in it, he can hold his breath for times that are impressive by his kinds standards. He has a very cool head and he is at his best and most calmest in pressured situations. He is also very friendly to people he meets and doesn't hesitate to lend a helping hand. However he is unsure around children and he harbours an old fear. Jax is also a Swimmer of habits and will follow them or adapt them to his situation. He has a fair knowledge of healing plans but is full of self doubt. He is also known for having very fast reflexes and being cheeky and fun when he wants to be and at other moments he can be withdrawn and slunk in the shadows. Unfortunately he can also be a chatter box if he is allowed to talk about subjects that interest him. He is a practical Swimmer and does many different things to experience adventure and can be a little arrogant in that respect. He is generally slow to anger but his temper once unleashed is explosive. He is very caring and trustworthy for people he befriends and often states that when they feel down then he feels their pain too.      

Speech Pattern: He has an English accent but his wording is more of an outdoor Australian. However he often forgets what words he wants to say or mixes up his words when talking and has to have them corrected which displeases him.  

Attributes: Adventurous, experience in many outdoor activities (rock climbing, rapid Swimmer ect.) Funny, kind, clever/wise, physically fit, born leader, bravery, resourcefulness and improvisation. Enjoys whistling made up tunes, stealth and fast reflexes and a calm head under pressure. Very trustworthy, but keeps personal secrets hidden.

Weaknesses: Arrogance, self loathing, an unknown fear, nervousness around children and occasional laziness and clumsiness (especially with words).    

Personal History: Jax has lived a hard life in a migrating herd and has been bullied in his early years due to his unusual colouring, most of his siblings are dead, which has made him very tough, his cheekiness came as a way to deal with his troubles. Now days he is looked up to by the whole herd because of his wisdom and bravery and leadership, while he helps his herb members he has no desire for leadership yet he and several other deputies are being trained as the next leaders and he tends to skip his lessons leading to private tutoring with the leader. He has a fear of leadership and has a lot of self loathing for himself due to believing that he was responsible for deaths of siblings and friends that he couldn't have prevented. His mother was a close friend of Mrs Swimmer and since he no longer wants to be in a herd, he has finally decided to seek her out and settle down in a place that he no longer has to worry about trouble: The Great Valley, he doesn't really know anything about Mrs Swimmer though or her family.    

What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Righto, I bumped this for a reason, so let's get into it! Thought about doing a Cryolophosaurus, but realized that's pretty close to a character I'm already developing, so I had to revise a tad.

Name: Dures (DYUR-iss)
Species: Dilophosaurus
Appearance: mottled gray/brown/green coloration, with yellow accents on his twin crests. Dark eyes.
Personality/Story: Dures isn't the strongest of Sharpteeth. Nor is he the fastest, most agile, deadliest, largest, or even the most honorable. In fact, most Sharpteeth consider him rather weak, an assumption only being reinforced by the ever-steadily dwindling numbers of his kind, living in territory which brings them in direct confrontation with larger, more aggressive Sharpteeth. But he does have one thing going for him.

Smarts.

At least, that's what his parents said, and for the most part, that testament holds water. In fact, the only reason he's survived for as long as he has is because he's able to remain one step ahead of the big predators. He knows when its safe to scavenge or even steal a kill. He has to. His weak jaw and relatively harmless forearm claws are really only good for territorial disputes with his own kind, only to be raised in self defense as a last, usually futile resort. It's a lesson he's learned through the deaths of others. Forced to rely on other means to feed himself, Dures often attempts to establish mutual respect between himself and other competitors, serving as a spotter, or a chaser in their hunts. Unfortunately these agreements are few and far between, and more often than not, Dures is forced to rely on thievery to eat, and indeed survive.

However, his life of deception and shaky alliances is a sustainable one, for the moment. For all the trouble he tends to go through to eat, Dures has yet to go hungry, but he knows that hunger is an inevitability. Today won't be the day he starves, nor tomorrow, but one day he knows that something will have to change. The prey will move on, the Sharpteeth will forget his allegiance, and he'll have to find somewhere else to go. So every day he feeds himself, he reminds himself to think- to work toward a future that he can remain in control of. It's a humbling thought, sometimes a frightening one, but it's a principle that he sticks to. And each new day he plans, waiting for the proper moment to leave his old life behind, and make a new one somewhere out in the Mysterious Beyond.

(Sorry for the wording. Felt kind of disjointed to me, but it's the best I can do after having typed a large review earlier. I'll be using this character in an upcoming RP, provided the moderator approves)

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Very interesting topic. I thought I would have posted mine before, but I guess I had forgotten.

Well my dinosona is a Ceratosaurus. :3

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here is my proposed OC.  If the extreme amnesia is found contrary to eventual decision in the first vote being held for the “Members in the LBT” RP then I can make modifications.

Name: Fog

Species: Gallimimus

Appearance: As in keeping with his species Fog has a green hue to his skin with dark blue stripes and a colorful beak.  His stature is a bit small for a young adolescent, but his musculature is average for his age.  He has yellow eyes.

Story:  Fog woke up one morning with a crippling headache and no memory of where or what he was.  It was in this condition that he was found by farwalkers who took pity on him and allowed him to tag along for a time.  Despite their kindness, however, he feels like a dinosaur without a home.  When he closes his eyes to sleep he sees a feminine form.  Is this his mother?  A sister?  Did he even have a mother?  As far as his memories are concerned he might as well have fallen from the sky.

A dinosaur without a herd.  A dinosaur without a past.

Several months have passed since the mercy of the farwalkers.  In this time Fog has remembered some lessons that seem to be imprinted on his mind: how to find clean water… how to avoid predators… healing plants… but he has no idea who has taught him these things.  Perhaps it is because of his impairment or his mysterious arrival, but he has found no companionship since his ëwaking’ as he puts it.  He has found kindness in strangers, but no parents.  No friends.  In the mixed herd he is merely an unknown.

Even to himself.

Personality:  Fog is generally an introspective soul with some awkwardness in his social interactions.  His hazy memory does not help with his ability to interact with others, as the social niceties he undoubtedly learned no longer linger in his subconscious.  Despite his social dullness, however, he does harbor a great interest in seeing how the world works.  His occasional burst of knowledge or insight, without knowing where he gained such knowledge, has surprised him on more than one occasion.  This only drives him further to discover more until he finally can answer the ultimate question: “Who am I?”

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
It occurred to me that my proposed OC may not actually be suitable for this RP. In the event that he is not, or in the event that I change my mind anyway, I do have an alternate proposition:

Name: Tark

Species: Kentrosaurus

Appearance: Tan-orange, brown accents, reddish-orange plates.

Backstory: (based on the amnesia prompt) Tark fell into his role as a sort of teacher late into his teenage years. After suffering a fall (or what he believes to have been a fall), much of his past memory is a blur. However, he has since learned to accept this state of being, and has resolved to discover and teach as much about the world as he can to the young Kentros in his community. An extremely self-conscious individual, he is more than aware of his own fears, and how irrational many of them are, and continuously makes strides to combat them, all the while remaining in pursuit of the greatest mystery of all: his own past.

Personality: Tark is unusually laid-back for his kind. While most Kentros are in high demand as herd scouts, defenders, or simply to protect their own nesting areas from Sharpteeth, he prefers a life without battle, choosing instead to seek out the more mysterious things in life, often leading him to be mocked as the "adventurer without a backbone." he takes his negative attention in stride, however, and is slow to anger. His interest in the unexplainable has led to further alienation from some of his kind, but the few friends he does have are close ones.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
If I was a dinosaur I would like to be this

Name:Ben
Species:Human/Apatosaurus
In land before time:longneck

Physical Appearance:
As Human: 5ft 6in. Brown hair, green shirt, Gray shorts, Blue sneakers, Blue eyes. Weight:160 pounds

As Dinosaur: 6ft 12in(Height) 11ft 3in(length) brown Apatosaurus (longneck) has three different skin colors. Top from nose tip to tail:slight dark brown color, from front nose to tail: reddish brown color, and bottom mouth to tail: creamy brown color. Eye color:red. Weight:675 pounds

Background:Ben has been a fan of land before time since he was 7 years old and always wanted to see them in person. 3 years later he made a wish on a shoting  star that he wanted to see the land before time world for his eyes. It didn't work at the moment, but while he was sleeping he was carried into a portal by the stars magic and he was transported to the great valley and didn't feel it at all. The next morning he felt some sunlight in his face and got up, but he noticed something. When he looked around, he saw that he wasn't at his home in his bed. It was all grass, trees, wind, and sky. He also saw that he wasn't himself in form. He looked at his uh front feet and his new tail. He started to think it was a dream. But looking at a river, he saw himself in a whole new body: a dinosaur. He at first panic a little and tried to wake himself up by dumping his head in the water. After 4 more tries he then realized that this was not a dream. He said quietly to himself "im a dinosaur. And where am I ?" He asked himself. Beside him was a hill. He walk up  the hill and on the other side of the hill was the great valley. He then said "it's the great valley. Its land before time. Im in their world. My wish came true". After that he walk down and met the 7 dinosaurs of land before time he saw on tv as a kid Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Chomper, and Ruby.
He introduced himself to them. He said he was new here which confused the other 7. But they didn't mind at all. After a long day of playing with them, Ben started to feel sad because he misses being back in the human world and being with his family. That same night a shoting star flys over him and wishes he was back home. This time it work at the moment the stars magic gave him a button that would open a portal between the human world and land before time world. He said to the others that he will come back anytime to visit them. 7 years later he still does and the button still works. In the human world he is his normal self and in land before time he is his longneck self. He still has fun with them every time he comes. He doesn't tell his family this because he fears that they will come in the LBT world and may tell everyone else.

Personality: Fun, happy, does get mad for things going wrong but is able to resolve it

Family
Father: Bill
Mother:Mary
Sister:Amy (younger)

He keeps land before time a secret from his family because he fears that they will bring others in it.