The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dinosonas

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
A dinosona is basically a dinosaur avatar of yourself; what you think you would look like as a dinosaur. (That's the way I understand it, anyway.)

By the way, your personality doesn't have to fit the species. You can be any kind of dinosaur you want. :DD

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm Micro-raptor GUI all the way!

I'll add a pic later... for a good laugh.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Well in that case, here's what my dinosona looks like:

(you can call him Shelbie, if you want. :lol)

The reason I chose to be a yellow belly is simply because I like them, and also because of the fact that there aren't many who would wanna be one. :p
I don't have like a birthmark or any other strange random markings and whatnot, so my dinosona doesn't have any "unique" features on him. I chose grey for my body color, because I pretty much like greyscale colors (e.g. black & white, etc.), though I tried not to make him look plain grey, so I added a little bit of blue to make the color seem more "cool".

The short tail-feathers indicate that I'm still growing, not that you would notice me grow now anyway. I'm 15 btw - still in puberty. :p

LBTFan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I like this picture very good.

I would like to be a Pteranodon with the name Dominik hehe.

Intelligent but sometimes confused. Most of the time friendly and a natur lover. Talking with himself and thoughtful. Is Afraid from Sharpthoos. Helpful but sometimes he can be really angry.

When I have time I would drawing something.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pretty good, excalibur! :yes Are you planning to post a bio?

I actually considered having a yellow belly dinosona myself (for my reasons, see the beginning of this post), but when I thought to join the “In the Land Before Time” RP, I immediately decided on a Microraptor instead. However, if there’s no rule against having multiple dinosonas, :p I may try drawing myself as other kinds of dinosaurs as well.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Here's his bio. :p

Name: Shelbie

Species: Yellow belly (obviously, lol)

Color: Grey

Self-defense: Uses nearby props as weapons, otherwise, do what a yellow belly would do. :DD

Personality:
A bit shy when it comes to making new friends, but gets along really well. He can get easily p***ed off if someone insults or teases him. Has a pretty good sense of humour, and loves to joke around if things get TOO boring. :p Doesn't like to be involved in a group fight, especially aggressive ones.

Tidbits:
- Likes to talk to himself sometimes when he's alone. :lol
- Is afraid of swimming in big, deep water, due to an incident in the past.
- Hates spicy food.
- Tends to get distracted by certain objects of interest.
- LOVES to eat fruits and vegetables.
- Is very aware of his surroundings.

That's about it. ;)

LBTFan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I have make a Picture for my dinosaur.

Later I make a detailed Bio.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
That's very nice, Dominik. I like it; I especially like the pose - "Watch this!" :lol

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Great bio, excalibur! :) Nice to see a yellow belly with a detailed personality. :p

And awesome picture, LBTFan! :wow (Looks a lot like an adult version of Petrie.)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Excellently drawn indeed. Vivid expression, lively posture, good shadowing. I really love it :yes
I'm always trying to look for things to improve in an image, not to be some kind of faultfinder but to help artists to further improve their art. I have often received very helpful feedback and try to give some of that myself. All too often our artists leave too little room for constructive criticism :p
I see just one minor detail in the drawing which might possibly be improved (though I am not entirely sure if indeed it would be in improvement). The light source in the image is apparently a bit to the right and slightly above (character's perspective). This I think would make the shading of the upper side of the character's right leg unlikely.
Please don't mistake the suggestion. It is not meant to be nitpicking on a truly excellent piece of art. I'm just trying to say something more useful than praise only. The picture is awesome and I am looking forward to more art from you :yes

LBTFan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Thanks for your feedback malte. Indeed the shadows are not perfect but I give my best too make better.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's mine:

Name:John (AKA Belmont)

Username:Belmont2500

Species:Human

Eye color: Blue

Physical appearance: Althletic, a bit skinny(although not scrawny by far).

Abilities: Melee combat ,Martial Arts.

Non-Fighting abilities: Track & Field, Writing, Singing(kind of),knows ancient Latin and Greek as well as some Italian.

Personality : At times he can be quite friendly and open minded. Other times he is secretive and tense, but for the most part is quite thoughtful and tends to think before he acts, he often has a huge respect for the planet and those living on its surface.He can be very deep and misunderstood by others, sometimes he seems as though he can't be trusted but when given a chance he is a nice person if you get to know him. Strength, Intelligence,and Care all in one is one of many ways to describe him.

Tidbits:
-He tends to talk in different accents.
- He mostly uses Ye Olde english at certain times.
- He doesn't eat Meat. Diet mostly consists of Veggies,fruits and seafood.
-He doesn't smile that much(or grin anyway), so when he does, its something.
-Tends to talk to himself or hum a tune when no one is around.
-Adores nature.
-Quotes famous authors and politions(Ex: "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" -Edmund Burke)

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I know I already posted mine, but in a different thread, so here it is again, just in case:

Name: Ty

Species: Swimmer (Opthalmosaurus)

Eye Color: Black with a touch of Dark Blue in the back (My own eye color basically)

Color Pattern: Dark Purple and Light Yellow primarily, but also has some Orange

Personality: He is a lot like his younger brother (Playful, friendly, loyal, brave, quick to making new friends), but has been known to be a bit serious at times.

Appearance: Looks a little bit like Mo (has the same build or physical shape)

Tidbits:  A Swimmer who comes from the same pod or "water-kin" as Mo, but was seperated from his younger brother when the Great Valley was flooded (Journey To Big Water). Eventually, soon after Littlefoot and his friends helped get Mo home, he was reunited with his older brother and the rest of his water-kin. Since then, the two of them are often seen playing together, and get along really well with each other. He is bilingual like Mo, meaning he is is capable of speaking the herbivore language, as well as his own. He is also very wise for his age.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hahahaha

I never thought about this until I thought about my fursona and LBT. Maybe I can get my friend to dino-size my fursona

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Blitz, it's great to see another Opthalmosaurus dinosona! Waterkin, woo :lol

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Aug 2 2010 on  04:22 PM
Blitz, it's great to see another Opthalmosaurus dinosona! Waterkin, woo :lol
It sure is. XD  :DD

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Finally got  around to posting my Dinosona.

Name: Rick

Species: Saltasaurus

Eye color: Grey

Physical Appearance: Bigger than Littlefoot, but smaller than his grandparents. Considered adolescent sized.

Abilities: Being able to change between human and dinosaur at will, and basic Tai-Chi (Only when human)

Personality: He is mostly open minded, and friendly towards others. He tries to be understanding  when things go wrong, and tends to see the bright side of most situations. In moments of anger, (Which are few and far between) He tends to keep it to himself, not wanting others to think it was their fault.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Alright, after waiting around for a considerable amount of time, here is my dinosona (courtesy of Pangaea):

He looks just as I described, of course. XD  :DD

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://titanosaur.deviantart.com/

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Finally, here's a picture featuring my dinosona.  This can also be found in my fanart thread.

This is a scene from the RP in which I'm giving Ducky a treesweet :smile.