The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5628 · 286535

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
dragon and Utsa explored their room   which was befitting someone of Utsas stature. 'thanks for letting me stay' Dragon said ' no problem. i needed a roommate anyway' Utsa said ' How are you liking your new form?'. ' it's going to take some getting used to' Dragon said as she took a seat. ' I'm so used to my normal form' Dragon said" You'll get the hang of it, plus changing your colors is always fun" Utsa said. ' So tell me abolut yourself Dragon, so we can get to know each other" " well. my mom is named Debbie, and she lives in the mountains outside of far far away. i 'm an only child , so far as i know' Dragon said. ' I have a boyfriend, sort of. Hes named Donkey." Donkey' Utsa said. " yes, hes as his name suggests - a donkey . " Ah, an interspecies relationship. We Dramosians dont judge,  what matters is that you are happy." Utsa said. ' Well my mom think I should find another dragon." Dragon sighed " Its just, well whenever I go out with him, all the people nearby run away screaming. Ok, so I did eat 1 or 2.. dozen of them last time"Dragon said.
_
 Eating people tends to get them to stay away from you" Utsa said. "What does he do for a living?" "well he does various jobs, his current job is being transport for a witch coven. Pay is decent, basically covers the room i have.I'm currently looking for a job myself. " Dragon said. " any gal pals to talk dragon shop with?' "No, unfortunately. it would have been nice to have company during the ' guard the castle' gig." well we'll need to fix that" Utsa said." You'll make good money on this job, and gain some friends out of it. besides me, there's Dulcy and Samia. They're good girls, from my talking with them."' Utsa said grabbing a pair of drinks and handed one to Dragon.
_
Definitely Tigeress grinned, just turn it on, while I make popcorn. " She said going over to a microwave.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 08:17:32 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Ms. Swimmer tried examining something in her room and thanks to her not being in full control of her newly acquired magic, accidentally lit a small fire on one of the tables. Mr. Bigmouth managed to put it out with a quick spell that summoned water. Unfortunately, he didn't quite control it properly and as a result a veritable waterfall appeared out of nowhere.

"Guys!" Mr. Bigmouth called out as he tried to shut off his summoning spell. "I'm having a bit of trouble. A spell seems to have went awry!" Already, water was starting to pool at their feet.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Jing grinned as she turned the volume up so they could listen to the sounds of Po from the bug in his room. This time around, they could hear him stumble about as he was worried that his pants might be getting too tight.

"That's my man..." Jing smiled warmly. She drank a beverage from the mini-fridge.

Neyla was able to leap around the ring she was fighting in with large bounds. She may not have been the most physically intimidating fighter, but she was very nimble on her feet.

"Sucker punch," she smirked as she got in a whip directly on an exposed part of her opponent's back. It sent him tumbling to the ground.

"So how about it Arlene?" Tiger smiled, talking in a "godly" tone. "Want to become a believer?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, tiger" arlene said flatly' . i think its time we stopped the whole  'pharaoh/ god' idea, before you try to pass yourself off as one before a legitimate god. They will want evidence of your divinity, and demonstrations of your powers,  and when you fail to produce such proof, well not to mince words , but you'd be screwed. As in , killed on the spot. Gods do not take kindly to such things. Look I like you Tiger, but this whole 'god' thing, needs to stop. " Arlene said getting out of the sand. " you're a nice guy, you don't need to put on ' airs' to get stuff.
-
hes putting on weight ' Tigress chuckled ' must be all those dumplings he eats. ' might want to put him on diet, lest he not be able to get through the door. " she chuckled. " How long does your bug last?
-
 Utsa heard the shouts and sighed. She headed  out of her room and made her way over to swimmers room ' minimus' she intoned, and the waters v vanished within a few seconds  ' ' next time, dont overdo it ' Utsa said to Swiimmer and Bigmouth ' a simple snap of the fingers ' cancels your spell. 'minimus' not only cancels a spell but restores the area to whatever it looked before . Here' she said puling a bag out of midair and producing two books, one of which she gave to ms Swimmer and Mr Bugmouth ' these  are books about dramosian magic, they're usually given to young dragons at school, but in this case, you'll need to learn to control your powers. i'll give copies to everyone on the team. there will be an official ' welcoming party at 8 pm, Vox is throwing us a buffet, mostly to earn positive press. So, as us Dramosioans do, when an enemy offers you a meal, you eat their food, you drink their wine, and then you kick their tails in " Utsa said.
 Gabuna and Dixie wre munching o popcorn while watching broadcast from acroiss this sector. ' Being a dragon is fun"Dixie said '
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hailey marched into the ship sale hangar. Chong wanted a top-notch ship, and that was what he was gonna get. She shopped around and found the most expensive one available: a massive gleaming purple craft that looked vaguely like a giant lightbulb, with a pinch in the middle where a set of four black rings rotated endlessly around its frame. "Certainly not the prettiest vessel in the shipyard by any measure. The hell's this thing so expensive?" she asked the seller, a sallow Lombax with an off-putting smile.

"It's the fastest ship in the universe!" he announced proudly. "It'll take you from zero to lightspeed in a split second. With an optional upgrade, the multi-core hyper-engines can even be fine-tuned to allow for instantaneous hairpin turns, even while pulling out of lightspeed!"

Hailey frowned. "Sounds like some sort of fast yet fragile fighter jet. We're looking for something bigger and stronger."

"They don't get stronger than this beaut!" the seller assured. "Quadruple-reinforced unobtanium-alloy deflector plates capable of withstanding up to Class A ordnance with nary a scratch. For an additional fee we can add an energy-siphoning kinetic shield that makes laser or plasma weapons completely ineffective!"

"Okay, fine, so it's tanky. But what about its own weaponry?"

"It comes with four available weapons; for free you get the two anti-tank turrets capable of being manned by gunners or operating via built-in AI. The ship's nose can also be fitted with an array of different laser nozzles letting you choose whatever form of energy weaponry you'd like to fire forward. The back can release an array of bomblets in a wide cone that superheat and explode when they come in contact with anything. It's also great for punching through asteroid fields or laying waste to a planet!" His eyes gleamed. "But if you're really feeling luxurious, the final attack involves those three black rings. They're time-distortion dampeners; turn them on, and they'll absorb anything fired at your vessel, be it bullets, rockets, etcetera. It'll store up to 5,000 cubic yards of matter in a pocket dimension, until you press the button and it "slingshots" all of those projectiles back through time and into whoever fired them!"

Hailey cocked her head. "Wait, so you mean if we get in a fight, we can turn those on, sit there for a while as our enemies fire shit at us, then hit that button and all of their cannons will suddenly explode from their own attacks?"

"Amazing, isn't it?" The seller nodded. "They can't even block the counterattack because it travels through time. The time-distortion dampeners almost triple the cost of the ship, but I've never had a buyer who wasn't completely satisfied with them. And last but not least, the ship carries enough fuel to drive at maximum speed for over 2 years without refueling, but you'll never use any fuel because we offer three different spatial-energy generators to create your own self-sustainable power as you travel!"

Hailey read that part of the advertisement pamphlet. "Solar, kinetic, and radiation conversion generators? How many can fit on the ship at once?"

"You could take all three, if you had a truly insane amount of money." The seller nodded. "The flexibility and versatility of the different available expansions are another reason we highly recommend this ship. You can pick and choose which parts you care about most if you're feeling short on cash!"

Hailey checked the last page of the pamphlet. “And what are these?”

“A few more optional upgrades I haven’t mentioned. There’s a cloaking device for stealth capabilities, a jammer to prevent your ship from showing on scanners or radar, and a holographic yeoman who can materialize anywhere in the ship and entertain or interact with the crew.” The seller palmed a tiny emitter and displayed a soft light projection of a scantily-clad Markazian saluting with a giggle.

"Not bad. How much would the ship cost with evey single upgrade?" Hailey asked, nodding approvingly.

The seller chuckled. "They always ask that, until they hear the price. With the absolute best option in every category, including speed, armor, weaponry, and power, this ship comes out to over 2 billion bolts! But it'd be silly to think anybody would ever be able to afford that--"

"We'll take it." She told the seller. "Give us every single one of those expansions you mentioned. We'll pay in cash, and we want it immediately." She knew Chong had enough money to buy any ship he pleased, and that she would be richly rewarded when he heard just how much this ship was capable of.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 07:59:51 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Dreadzone)

Mr. Bigmouth and Ms. Swimmer thanked Utsa and put the books aside.

"We better start reading them," Mr. Bigmouth said as he cracked open the weighty textbook. "Or else we'll embarrass Utsa at best and get caught at worst." The first page was on focusing their magic.

"Let's see," Ms. Swimmer said. "Looks like staves are for advanced Dramosian spellcasters." She put her ornate wooden staff aside. She then looked at the textbook and followed the instructions on focusing her magic core. She took a deep breath and felt the artificially placed magic within her respond. Her body tingled as she felt the warm tendrils creep out from her body to her fingertips.

Mr. Bigmouth was reading the same section and he too, felt the magic permeating him.

-------------------------

(Spire of Winter)

The stardust that the crew was working on was being heated in the fusion furnace to a white hot glow and as if by magic, it began to change shape from a lumpy mass of pale gold metal to a somewhat elongated but glowing metal rod.

The engineers accomplished this by carefully manipulating the magnetic fields inside the chamber to work the metal.

"So what are we doing with this?" one of the engineers as asked as she adjusted the magnetic field. "We're going to be making two wands out of them after we carefully pull them apart. One's going to be plain stardust and the other is going to be be clad in mythril."

"Wait, Bigmouth's books from Weyard say that mythril and stardust are incompatible and they'll eventually separate," another scientist said.

"Ah, that's why we'll be using magnetic pulse welding."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Gabuna snuggled up to Dixie who put her arm around her.' well, tonight we get to enjoy ourselves' Gabuna said as a new  fight was promoted on the holotube" Well there Is that " welcome party" Dixie said. . ' i guess we'll have to blend in, ' Gabuna said' Gabumon would be jealous at the spread i'm sure. He likes to eat, particularly as Garurumon. " My Scooby could still beat him in an eating contest " Dixie chuckled" Oh Ho ho. that sounds like a challenge" Gabuna said. ' Whars the wager?' 10000 gold ' Dixie said. " i uh i dont have that..' Gabuna blushed. Then you can pay up in other ways, like  chores, errands. or we could french kiss for like 10 straight hours ' Dixie smirked and Gabuna chuckled ' 10 hours would be a bit much. 10 minutes , sure. 10 hours, not so much. an hour would be the absolute limit.' Gabuna said. " Only because I'm saving certain things for Gabumon, you see." Ah i  understand. Planning on being a Digimom at some point, hmm?' Gabuna smiled." hopefully.  I'm sure my kids will be great friends with yours. You are having kids, of course?' Well we're  planning on it, after this adventure' Dixie caressed Gabuna's face .  The dark red lips locked together as Gabuna kissed her. Dixie put her tongue into Gabunas mouth and gently caressed her tongue against Gabuna's. Gabuna returned the favor and entered Dixie's mouth with her tongue. The pair wrestled on the coach, enjoying the kiss and each others company. After 10 minutes, Gabuna pulled away, her tongue sliding out of Dixie's mouth, and caught her breath as she moved to the far end of the couch." well, that was fun ' Gabuna said. ' now that we've gotten the liplockiing out of the way, what else  do you want to do before the party?" we can go exploring the media area ' Dixie said. ' always wear the press passes" she said holding up a pair of glowing necklaces that read ' Dramos holovision, authorized personnel" Gabuna grabbed hers and the pair of dragonesses headed out of the room together, laughing ' Lets see if they have anything good to drink' Dixie said ' i could go for a nice big soda ' Gabuna said as they headed down the hallfway, catching up to Samia and dulcy who were munching on a toasted sub, from a vendor.
_
(hoolefar)
 ratchet and angela flew around the island in their ships, teasing each other as they passed. Aphelion caught up to thief and commentedon fighting in a battle againsat the Cragmites.
_
 tarrax entered into the  winterville area  carrying a large supply of food from the hoolefoids.
-
Stripetail led his group back aboard the ship, wendy and Dixie kioong munching on large pizza slices as they headed into town ' you boys decide what you are ggoing to buy with your 20000 bucks?' Wendy asked diddy as Flurrie, toadette Goomella, aoombarioa and goombette followed behind carrying their pizza slices.
-
 so you guys comingg? tiger is buying lunch for me and Oliver" arlerne said ' it's going to be at the Hoolefar  Eatery.' arlene said.
-
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the vendors mouth fell open and his eyes bulged as Hailey casually agreed to the 2 billion -plus bolt price. Apart from the cutting edge defenses, this ship was several times larger than the Phoenix, taking up an area of roughly 50 sq miles.Only a very carefully disguised person, or a extremely powerful wizard, could get in, without immediately triggering defensive alarms. and once the alarms were triggered, the ship would go into lockdown almost immediately. As opposed to the minutes it took the Phoenix to shutdown even a sector, the entire ship would lock-down in less than 5 seconds, leaving any intruders trapped, and at the mercy of the ship security and the ships interior defenses, which could blast lasers with temperatures approaching half a million degrees, enough to instantly kill anyone who got hit by them who wasn't wearing top notch protective armor.

In short it was every bit the kind of ship Chong needed, and nearly intruder-proof.  Especially after the last infiltration had been so successful , Chong would want to make sure history did not repeat itself. sure, Mertavius or Stripetail could pop in at their leisure, and Chong knew that he couldnt stop them, there was simply no defense that  could keep out mages of their caliber. But anyone else would get their fill of laser, those that weren't immediately set upon by guards hired straight out of Zordoom Prison. Those types thought nothing of  beating someone until their eyeballs popped out.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
“Yeah, I hope your company is setup for commission on ship sales, cause if so you’re set for life,” Hailey yawned. She grabbed her radio and contacted Chong on his private channel. “Hey Chong. Meet me in spacedock 9. You’re gonna want to see this in person...”

——————-

Hapsburg and Mercy looked around at their new living quarters. “Ah, this will do nicely,” Mercy looked approvingly at the medical station. “If anyone needs medical attention, I can easily help them with these supplies.”

“Yah, ye can do tha’,” Dr. Hapsburg yawned. “And Ahm gonna ignore anyone’s problems unless Ahm gettin’ paid, so I suspect you’ll be getting a bi’ more business than me.” He chuckled softly as he collapsed on the bed. Grabbing his walker-talkie, he left it on the default channel and asked whoever was listening, “Hey, when do we get to the action-packed bits?”

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well, medic, you'll get plenty of action' came the reply to Hapsburg query' medics here tend to the living, and the dead ' For the dead, we autopsy them, then burn them, and spread their ashes into space' the medic chuckled ' Its an arena, we have to put the dead somewhere that clears room for the next batch of bodies. These fights are kill or be killed after all> I've conducted thousands of autopsies, and most of the bodies are a mess, fortunately the teech here is good enough so we can get good info from even small bits of the body. The next fight is at 7 this evening, and we'll need at least 3 medics present." came the repply. ' so head obver to Arena 7 , Its its Kerchu vs Robots night. He he."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Hoolefar)
The crime scene technicians had collected all the evidence from the kidnapping attempt and the bar was shut down as the staff tried to get it sufficiently cleaned and repaired for the next batch of patrons.

Back at the lab, the techs noticed that one of the pieces of evidence was clearly an ID card. Seeing as it was labeled as belonging to the Spire of Winter, they decided to radio the frequency that was printed on the card. They immediately got a response from the radio officer.

-------------------------------------

(Spire of Winter)
The radio officer then sent a message to Stripetail. "Lord Stripetail, this is the radio officer for the Spire, the Hoolefar authorities want us to stop by the police station immediately. Apparently, they recovered a Spirarian ID card from a pub where there was a massive brawl. I will meet you in the vehicle bay. Communications officer, out."

The message was also sent to Captain Carson but as she was flying the Weyardians to New Weyard, she could not respond nor do anything.

-----------------------

(Dreadzone)
There was a knocking on the door. Ms. Swimmer was the first to open it and a messenger arrived. "The press is invited to Arena 7 for the Kerchu vs. Robots fight," he said.

Ms. Swimmer nodded and shut the door. "We just got word that the press is invited to Arena 7," she said.

Mr. Bigmouth was practicing with his magic. Judging from how there was a small sphere of water floating in the air, it seemed like he had gotten better at controlling his magic. "Right, let me get our equipment and I'll be there with you guys."

-----------------------

Dr. Kerzach was thrown into a cell...which looked like an extremely shabby barracks. A piece of paper was on the bed and the Cassowary picked it up and read it.

Congratulations on your acceptance to the elite combat arena known as the Dreadzone!
Here, you can feel rush of free-for-all combat with no rules, no restrictions and all the excitement! Win prizes to boost your battle prowess and spice up your room!

Note: We are not responsible for death, dismemberment or any other injuries.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 09:29:58 PM by Serris »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'thank you officer. i'm headed your way now" stripetail said " from the fact there was a large brawl, I'm guessing it was likely one of  the Pelvanida group, they have a talent for such things, that, and profanity. Ah well, they are what they are, lets go see what the damage is. They are lucky I dont send them the bill for cleanup, they'd be paying it off for years. " He sighed.

Dragon took out her possessions and set them on the bed 'among them included pictures of her mom, the castle where she had worked, and donkey running away from her after she had tried to light a torch for him.He had been unable to sit down for nearly a week after that. Dragon chuckled as Utsa returned to the room. " Sorry for having to leave, had a magical issue with Bigmouth and Swimmer, Dramosian magic is complicated and powerful, and not easy to learn. thus its easy to blow things up, or trash stuff, by accident>" no need to worry. i ws just ggetting some of my things ' Out ' Dragon said as the door opened as Samia and dulcy stuck theor heads in. ' hey ladies! you shouldf check out our..room " Dulcy stopped as she looked at the very high end furnishings of Utsas room. ' Wowsers, your place looks like it belongs to a princess! Kinda puts ours to shame. " Its not a competution " Utsa said

Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Hoolefar)

When the duo arrived at the Hoolefar's crime lab, the technician showed them the evidence bag containing the ID. The radio officer took one look at the ID and frowned. "It's Dr. Kerzach's ID."

The crime lab technician also held up an evidence bag with a switchblade that had a glassy look to it but at the same time was clearly metallic. It also had a slight rainbow shimmer to it and on the case were the initials "YK" carved with what looked to be a laser. "This was found on the floor and was completely unopened. The deceased was found with their throat cut but the wound was too jagged to be made by knife. Furthermore, not one of the brawlers has been found except the body in the bathroom."

The radio officer took one look at the knife. "That's Kerzach's knife!"

The tech nodded. "Well, if you can find him, tell him that..." He was interrupted by the sound of the phone ringing. hold on." He went to the phone in the room and picked it up.

The conversation went on for a few minutes and then the tech hung up. "Well, it looks like they got something from the security cameras at the bar. And they requested me to fetch someone from the Spire to see if we can ID these guys."

"Well, we're here, so might as well," the radio officer said. Turning to Stripetail, he added. "Something tells me this is more than a simple bar brawl that got out of hand."

----------------------------

(Dreadzone)

Mr. Bigmouth and Ms. Swimmer headed to Arena 7. The opulent hallways with their expensive tapestries and tasteful decor belied the fact that this was home to the most violent sport in all of the Polaris Galaxy and that spectators paid for the privilege of watching competitors kill each other in remarkably gruesome ways.  Soon, they found themselves in the press box for Arena 7. Expensive refreshments and snacks lined a table in the far corner of the room with a full bar stocked with equally expensive liquors in the back.

At the front of the room was a podium and soon, Vox Gleeman stepped up to the podium. As usual, he was immaculate in his tailored suit. He cleared his throat and began speaking. "Welcome ladies, gentlebeings and others," he spoke, "to the premiere entertainment spectacle of Polaris Galaxy where you will see excitement like none other, right here in the Dreadzone!"

Polite applause followed as he spoke. The executive waited for the applause to die down before he continued. "You all have been invited here to share the excitement of the Dreadzone with your people. I hope that they enjoy the Dreadzone and all the spectacles it has to offer. however, this new and improved Dreadzone would not be possible without our latest sponsor. Please welcome, Chong!"

As Chong was not physically present, a prerecorded message was played for the group.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Coming right up," Kitty called to Arlene. "Cmon big guy, I'm sure this cafe will have food you love." She helped Tiger get up off his sand throne and back onto his paws. "The vacation time will probably be over soon anyways."

"Can we order anything from the menu?" Oliver asked Tiger the wolf hopefully. "So many things on it sound so good....." The cats may have lost their contest with the wolf girls, but they were happy to have more chow now. When he saw Arlene approaching, he waved to her.

Jing overheard the bug she planted picking up more of Po's musings to himself. "Ooh.....it sounds like juicy gossip," she smiled to Tigress.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
“That sounds barbaric!” Mercy gasped, hand flying to her mouth.

“Tha’ sounds awesome,” grinned Hapsburg. “We'll be righ’ over!”

“I do hope we're here to overthrow this establishment, and restore peace to these poor gladiators,” Mercy remarked as she donned her armor.

“I don’ care either way,” Hapsburg admitted. “But let's not keep ‘em waiting, else it may be us in the ring next, eh?”

The two headed to Arena 7. “Alrigh’, remember we've got ter play the part of violence-loving mad doctors, fit in wit’ the locals,” Hapsburg whispered under his breath.” Oy! We were summoned?” He called out loudly, snapping his glove. “Personally, I'm hoping fer a steamrolling robot victory, cause I'm here tah see blood, not oil!”

Mercy pursed her lips and said nothing.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Po was musing about tigeress  as he shuffled about  his room ' gathering things  together '  Tigeress looks great in that new uniform she got recently.  pity that this jing king thing popped up.. and her father was so insistent on it. otherwise I'd be asking Tigeress out. Now wheres my master Ox figurine? i knew i left it around here somewhere.. ' hey whats this?" po stopped and picked out a drawing that had been halway concealed by the bedcover '  hey! this looks like me! Its not half bad actually , but my gut isnt THAT big.."
- Tigeress looked at Jing " don;t tell me you brought a drawing with you while you were bugging the place?" she sighed ' Unless its a calling card or something. Because of that thing says ;' My  Bean Bag Chair of happiness" he'll know its from you"
-
 Chopng appeared on the screens ' Greetinggs, media and guests from the Solona Galaxy , Polaris Galaxy and beyond!  the dreadzone you see before you is bigger, badder and even more deadly that before! in the coming weeks and months you will see fighting spectacles the likes of which you have never seen before, as beings, magical and non-magical, robot, and squishie duke it out for fame, fortune and their hides! The Earth papers have a saying ' if it bleeds, it leads'. Well there will be more blood shed in the upcoming battles than on feast night on the vampire worlds of  Sanguinius 10.  and this is all leading up, my good friends, to a battle to exceed all others,  where Dreadzone will be featuring a very special guest , with fireworks and surprises galore!  All of these battles will includes weapons and setups created by my workers at Chong industries, which will drive up the rancor and chaos to new heights! Thank you all for coming and enjoy the fights!'  Chong's image vanished as  the  holovideo ended.
 Nick frowned at the table set for his station which was set up near the middle of the room. these were big tables enough to set 50-100 people.here and there, various media were sampling the food or holding conversations. Nick found that his new dragon form had excellent hearing, he could pick up what  was being said across the room. ' ratings are up 22% this quarter in Moarmer system alone! chong has been good for business! That wizard  must be making a fortune through broadcast rights alone!"
_ so where do we start?' Gabuna asked as Samia came around wuth a food tray for the table. " start by talking with the other media " utsa said. ' theres media here from Binakora , a dragon world on the opposite end of the system from Dramos. we've been allies for many ages. " get to know them, work with them, and that will help you get interviews and build your bonafides. Interview anyone you can. from medics, guards and fighters, if possible. Interviews to start will be short, probably a couple minutes at longest."
 And whsat about those in transmission duty?" Korin asked. " theres a transport which will take you to the relay station. "Utsa said. "once you all finish your meal get to your stations and start working."
-
 Kovu was awoken from his sleep by a banging o his door from the guard ' Hey , Lion! Get up. you had the seed draw to attend! that determines your opponent and when you fight!
-
 neyla and Carmelita won their fghts were sent back to their containment arreas.
-
 Arlene took a seat at the table withh the others, " sorry I'm late. I had  trouble finding the place" she said to Tiger "
-
 Arena 7 was set in the crater of what appear o be a volcano. Craggy platforms appeared in the middle left and right of the arena, and the floor looked like crusted over lava.  the medic area  had everything from transplantable arms and legs(grown from samples 'taken" from prisoners) to  computer cores from machines.  there was autopsy equipment for both man and machine,  in the machines cases , it was a blow torch that served as a scapel.  There were short ' breaks' in fighting, as both sides could call a "medical timeout. Fighters were only allowed 3, and only if the injury was serious. cuts and bleeding were not enough to cause a break, and the breaks were capped at 5 minutes. Mercy and hapsburg would handle injuries on the right side of the arena.  Winning fighters were also allowed treatment before being sent to thier containment areas.

Stripetail frowned ' this looks like a bar fight meant to conceal a kidnapping ' Stripetail said ' Kerzach never goes anywhere without his enchanted switchblade. We'll see what the security footage has to tell us, and see if theres anything in the Polaris databanks about them.  "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Hoolefar)

The technician showed the footage. It showed a Cassowary who was clearly Dr. Kerzach entering the bathroom. A few seconds later, a group of men enter the frame and then the camera blacks out as one of the men sprays something on it. The man's face is covered by a set of mirrored goggles and an armored mask.

"Unfortunately, we could not get any further useful footage inside but the bar had external cameras," the technician said. He then switched over to the external cameras showing the back of the bar which had garbage cans and other detritus around. He fast forwarded several minutes until the door opened and two men carrying a large cloth sack emerged out of the back door. They then throw the bag into a waiting repulsorsled and drive off.

The radio officer spoke. "So how come no one noticed the brawl in the bathroom?"

"According to the owners, he had the bathrooms soundproofed as no one wants to hear...unsavory noises coming from them. Regardless, an all-points bulletin has been issued for that particular repulsorsled and the men."

----------------------

(Dreadzone)

Dr. Kerzach was quickly shoved into a simple square arena. His first fight was a Kerchu death row inmate.

"Look," he said as he sized up his opposition. "I don't want to be here and I'm sure you don't either. If we work together, we can..." He was cut off by an electrified dart that shot out from a hidden port in the walls. "Shut up and fight!" a harsh voice demanded through loudspeakers.

Dr. Kerzach flipped off he cameras as he staggered to his feet.

The death row inmate rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck. "Well, I get a full pardon if I kill you so, I ain't cooperating."

The Cassowary got into a fighting stance as he prepared to dodge the charging inmate. "So be it."

------------------

Ms. Swimmer approached the arena. She tried to eat but the nervousness left her appetite severely diminished so she simply had a few nibbles. The Saurolophus found plenty of people wanting their moment of fame, so she selected the one closest to her. A slender humanoid alien with black eyes and grey skin.

"Hello," she said to the alien. "I represent the government news agency of Dramos, do you have time for an interview?"

"Do I?" the alien exclaimed. "Of course I do!"

Ms. Swimmer was caught off guard by the alien's eagerness. "Right, this will only take a few minutes. Now, tell me your thoughts on the Dreadzone and its new changes."

"Gladly! I've been coming here for several years but ever since Vox got Chong onboard we've had some of the best fights around. I mean, the machine vs magic duel a few weeks ago wouldn't have been possible without him. I mean, who else but him could enchant an actual fighter jet as a combatant!"

Ms. Swimmer kept her face neutral but she had a bad feeling what...more like who the fighter jet was. "So I take it this is the first time vehicles have been introduced?"

"Yeah." There was then a chime indicating that the fight was about to begin. "Sorry to cut this short," the alien said, "But the seating's open I really want to get a front row seat!" Said alien then scampered off.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"All right, all right, I'm on my way," Kovu rolled his eyes. He had just finished a set of sit ups when he was told that his next tournament was beginning. He had heard rumors of who some of his opponents could be, but now he would be seeing them for the first time up close as he made his way to the ring.

"Glad you made it mom," Oliver smiled to Arlene, "The menu here looks really tasty. I'm sure you'll like it." Ollie's eyes were taking the forms of various cuts of meat the restaurant offered.

"Don't worry, I didn't write on them," Jing assured Tigress. "I was saving the captions for when I compile them into an album." She was touched her beloved Po seemed intrigued by her drawings of him. She would have to be more careful in not letting them drop from her pockets next time, however.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hapsburg chuckled watching Kerzach fight the Kerchu on the monitor. "Wha', that lil pipsqueak's going ter put up a fight in the arena? The giant chicken'll be having 'im fer a snack!"

"I still don't fully see what we're supposed to do..." Mercy grumbled. "Most of these fights don't leave enough of the loser for us to do emergency surgery on...and the establishment seems to care almost as little for how the winner is faring."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
they make money either way, and part of that money goes to us for cremations, mostly. so its not as if we;re not getting paid said a medic who was watching the fight from the medic's area next to the arena. " so just keep an eye on the  fight and wait until one of the fighters asks for a medic break. They each get 3, for stuff ;like bandaging cuts, reattaching limbs, and the like. "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: