The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Final Fantasy X

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hi!
This topic's for FFX only, you might create your own for earlier/later sequels.
Ofcourse, we can compare the games here, though.

In my opnion, the best FF game ever created. But XII gets close, when it comes to gameplay and freedom.

The whol game's awsome. Everything. Plot, gameplay, characters, EVERYTHING!
Not to speak about the soundtrack, which is my favorite of all games. Ever.
The plot was great and also emotional.
The battles exelent!
I really miss words for this game.
It was the first real fantasy RPG I played, except for TLOZ.
There's alot for me to say about it, but I would like to hear your opinions and most of all, your progress in the game!  :)

I'm currently re-playing it.
Current position:
Kilika Island Jungle, levelning up. trying to get Fira, Thundara, Blizzara and Watera with Lulu. (done it before, takes alot of time but it's wort it.)
I gonna stop in Luca to play some Blitzball games, as I'm good, and one can make quite nice rewards out of it. Jecht Shot ftw!

Aww... can't wait untill I reach Moonflow!  :wub: Like the music of that place!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdKT2hbuq38

I might record some gameplay!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Current Stats (With ALL characters):

HP: 50,000-70,000
MP: 999
All other stats: 255

OH YES!

Sorry, just had to show off there. I'll talk more seriously when I'm less tired.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I agree, FFX is definitely one of the better FF games in the series, however I really wouldn't go and say it is the best. In my opinion, the best is FF VII.

Anyway, I don't own the game, but FF X is definitely one of my favorite PS2 games. The story is phenominal, the graphics and cut scenes stunning, and the gameplay highly addicting. The combat system wasn't as fast paced as the others in the series, and I liked that it gave us a break from rapidly keeping eyes on our character's status along with the enemy's attacks. Auron and Kimari are definitely my two favorite characters, and I love how Tidus and Wakka were both used in Kingdom Hearts and Auron, Yuna, and Rikku in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Ah yes, Final Fantasy X, my very first PS2 game. It's awesome, loved the plot, had its dramatic and emotional moments. Very good game.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: LBTFan13,Aug 6 2008 on  06:22 PM
In my opinion, the best is FF VII

I agree completly :^.^:

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I have really enjoyed playing FFX. One new thing which it brings to the series is the ability to play a very high-powered game, if that's what you want. The HP cap of 9999 has presided throughout the series, but FFX let's you play a HP cap 99999 game if that's the way you want to play it, or you can just stay with a 9999 game. Really good idea, and has extended the game's lifespan for me loads. Very controversial, the way the entire system worked, but in a good way, it's refreshingly different.

The plot of the game is, as has been said before, really excellent. It doesn't match up to..say...FFVI or Legacy of Kain, but it's still highly commendable.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I also like FFX. Levelling is a pain sometimes, but you can shape a mold the characters anyway you need them, so its all cool. It was more of an interactive anime than a true RPG, though. BUt, hey, at least it didn't play itself like some games do.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well FF and Kingdoms hearts are without any doubt, my favourite games...

FF X is really unique, every caracther is perfect, I love the story, and the music is really anwsome...

I have all the lengedary weapons, and my caracthers are quite stong,I wish I had the game here with me again...

I will never forget the ending..I love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPeAseL_LkA&feature=related
And yeah, lv up can be a real pain in the ***, but when u unblock the omega ruins, u have yourself a very good training place, one of my favourites, but if you are prepared its hard like hell

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just thought that maybe I could share some useful facts.

After you beat Yunalesca, you have the whole of Spira open for you, the power level up begins. Here is one trick.

Omega Ruins - I shouldn't have to say where this place lies on the map. Many people fear to go into this place before they've beaten Seymour Omnis and entered city of the dead, inside Sin. mainly because they fear the fiends.
However, you just have to be brave and skilled to make Omega Ruins a walk in the park from the very first time you enter (before you fight sin).

Petrify grenades are your friend. You can steal them from Zaurus's that roam the Omega Ruins. Powerful little pineapples that petrify almost all of the smaller enemies in this cave. They can be a blessing. It shouldn't take you long before you have leveled up brutaly.
But... for god sake watch your back for King Malboro's!!!! These @ bastards ambush you, casts Bad Breath and... yeah. You're screwed.
FIRST STRIKE is the basic out of basics in Omega Ruins. Just customize a weapon with it and you're safe.

Get Ascalon for Tidus. A weapon located in a secret area on Bikanel Island called Sanubia Sands. Has the Double AP attribute.

Start catching fiends for the arena. This unlocks brutal enemies that give you AP like @ if you're strong enough. In addition, some of them you can use for massive AP tricks. Too long to explain now.

-------------------------

I'm curently trying to beat the Dark Aeons. So far I've kicked Valefor and magus Sisters using Zanmato.
I'm aiming for Penance.
(note: not my best save file)

There's also a trick for Lightning Dodging. (getting Lulu's Venus Sigil)
I'll try to remember were I saw it...
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.