The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Civilization

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As I said, even though I will no longer be playing any games in this franchise, I'll still be keeping an eye out for any new releases that other people here might be interested in knowing about.

Just recently announced is the first expansion of Civilization VI, known as Rise and Fall, and due to be released on February 8.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/in-civilization-vis-new-expansion-a-golden-age-is-nigh-or-maybe-a-dark-age/

Certainly a lot of interesting new features. I'm honestly starting to get a little surprised by how anyone can manage to keep up with all of it.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If anyone is interested in Civilization 6 but does not yet own it, Humble Bundle currently offers it as part of their monthly plan. You get the game straight away through a key you can redeem on Steam, plus 2 DLC packs, for just $12. It is an ongoing subscription, so make sure you cancel it if you don't want to pay the $12 a month (you will still get all the games they make available in February).

If you subscribe through the following link, you'll help me out financially too! Plus we could play together sometime, I'd like to try out this new game.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?partner=claydoodles

Hit me up on Discord if you'd like to play! I've not played Civilization in years, so I'll probably be extremely rusty, but it'd be fun to play with friends again!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Some more information has been revealed regarding the upcoming expansion pack.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-expansion-rise-and-falls-new-featur/1100-6456131/

Among the civilizations being added are Mongolia, Netherlands, Georgia, the Cree, and a second leader for India.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Some more information on the upcoming expansion pack:
https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/22/16911622/civilization-6-rise-and-fall-impressions

Nine new leaders will be included (the five I mentioned previously, along with Korea, though the last three are still unknown). Among other details described in this article, the potential for cities to flip culturally (previously seen only in Civ IV) is introduced, along with a loyalty system to determine how likely cities are to remain with you or revolt, and you can assign governors to cities to affect loyalty.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:36:00 PM by The Chronicler »

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Been a little too busy lately to really mention it, but the Civ VI expansion pack "Rise and Fall" is now available.

Again, I'm not interested in getting this game myself, though I would be interested to hear what anyone here thinks about.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sid-meier-civilization-vi-gathering-180000470.html

I missed the initial announcement back in November, but the second expansion pack for Civilization VI, known as Gathering Storm, will be released on February 14, so that's less than a month from now. The most significant feature of this expansion pack is the introduction of environmental impacts, where you'll be faced with natural disasters like floods or volcanoes, and of course you'll be faced with climate change in later parts of the game, and the choices you make throughout the game will actually determine how much that environmental impact will be.

Even though I still seriously doubt I'll have enough time anytime soon to actually try this game, I honestly am starting to consider possibly getting Civ VI. I guess this franchise is just too interesting for me to stay away from for too long.

- Berix

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I played Civilization V, I enjoyed especially wars, but I did not spend as much time playing it as Europa universalis III, or IV. I considered diplomacy part better in EU, and I liked AI more in EU games. I played most times as Germans, and I preferred Earth map with as many city states and enemies as possible. I remember, that I won only in smaller maps with few enemies, in huge maps never.