The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 110893

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Most likely a release date. If that's the case, I'm sure the wait will be worth it.  :yes

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's probably a release date -- it would be an awfully long wait for another trailer! If this holds, Journey of the Brave would be just shy of two years in production: quite a bit longer than the sixteen months it took for LBT 12 to be produced (while the TV show was being produced simultaneously). Certainly looks like they're working hard on it and from what we've seen so far, it looks like it's paying off!  :D

For comparison, in the two and a half months between Curious George's trailer release and its film release, there was a song trailer and at least one normal trailer, as well as ten movie clips released about two weeks before the release date.

Also, so far it looks like there's at least two Barbie trailers out (one posted in February, the other posted in June) and one Thomas trailer (though that was posted in April by another user before Universal posted it in June); both of them will be released on September 8. So it seems like they've been having fairly long promo campaigns too.

Universal seems to put the trailers on its channel closer to the release date however, apart from one movie released on Blu-Ray on January 6, the latest movie they have a trailer on their channel for will be released on October 6. So perhaps they'll start uploading November-December or so? Guess we'll find out soon enough.  :)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
February/March? Wow, that's a lot later than I was expecting! And my cousin wants me to get this for her Christmas present (she really loves the LBT films)... :oops Hopefully something else will suffice. :lol

Well, at least they're taking their time with this one. That's definitely not a bad thing.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah it's most certainly a release date :)

I wonder if another trailer will be released?
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Aug 4 2015 on  12:42 PM
Yeah it's most certainly a release date :)

I wonder if another trailer will be released?

Hopefully we will! I imagine we would most likely get at least one closer to the release date to generate some more excitement. Maybe there will be another one on the new Land Before Time Blu-Ray?

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
There's probably no proof for this, but Wikipedia says that Chomper's new voice actor will be Wyatt Dean Hall. Apparently, he's most known for playing Roo in the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie, as clicking his name redirects to that movie's page.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: AllegroGiocoso,Aug 5 2015 on  12:34 AM
There's probably no proof for this, but Wikipedia says that Chomper's new voice actor will be Wyatt Dean Hall. Apparently, he's most known for playing Roo in the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie, as clicking his name redirects to that movie's page.
Couldn't find a good clip with Roo speaking... So I don't know
 if Wyatt sounds like Chomper

I wouldn't trust the info on wikipeda anyways espically when there's no references
Life Is Good

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
You Know, I'm starting to think they're is going to be another lbt 14 trailer included in the blu ray lbt movie...... The 10th anniversary edition of the original (that was released in 2003 I think) had a trailer for lbt 10 (which was released in 2003) So maybe lbt blu ray will have lbt 14 trailer included......

I'm just speculating of course
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Aug 5 2015 on  01:15 PM
You Know, I'm starting to think they're is going to be another lbt 14 trailer included in the blu ray lbt movie...... The 10th anniversary edition of the original (that was released in 2003 I think) had a trailer for lbt 10 (which was released in 2003) So maybe lbt blu ray will have lbt 14 trailer included......

I'm just speculating of course
Yeah, I think you're on to something there. Of course, they could just include the trailer that was already released, but who knows, we might get a real treat!  :exactly

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm thinking if they're doing a second trailer, they'll wait until much closer to release to show it.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I've been following this forum on and off for a while now, but I decided to join after seeing the trailer for this movie.

I've gotta say: I'm SO PUMPED for this new movie. I'm even more excited by it knowing that Chomper and Ruby are in it somehow. I don't care if it's a cameo or a subplot; it's still a big plus for me. As for it being a prequel to the TV series or not, I'm not willing to spin my brain out of my head figuring it out; I will wait until I watch it for confirmation.

Or I can follow the discussion thread about it and find out. :p

Either way, I can't wait to watch it! So, it'll be out on February or March? Sounds too long of a wait. :(

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Aug 5 2015 on  05:29 PM
I've been following this forum on and off for a while now, but I decided to join after seeing the trailer for this movie.

I've gotta say: I'm SO PUMPED for this new movie. I'm even more excited by it knowing that Chomper and Ruby are in it somehow. I don't care if it's a cameo or a subplot; it's still a big plus for me. As for it being a prequel to the TV series or not, I'm not willing to spin my brain out of my head figuring it out; I will wait until I watch it for confirmation.

Either way, I can't wait to watch it! So, it'll be out on February or March? Sounds too long of a wait. :(
Yeah I know early 2016 does seem like a long wait. But that also means that Universal may be trying their best on this movie..... From what I've seen from the trailer it seems like it'll be amazing.... The wait will be worth it  :exactly
Life Is Good

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Aug 5 2015 on  05:33 PM
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Aug 5 2015 on  05:29 PM

Yeah I know early 2016 does seem like a long wait. But that also means that Universal may be trying their best on this movie..... From what I've seen from the trailer it seems like it'll be amazing.... The wait will be worth it  :exactly
I know. I'm trying my best to patiently wait for it.

On a related note, what kind of Sharpteeth are those supposed to be, the ones in the trailer? Some are saying Monolophosaurus, others are saying Yutyrannus. I for one cannot verify if either is correct; it's got a pronounced crest, yet it's feathered.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
From what I know about dinosaurs, it looks more looks more like a Monolophosaurus, let's hope they are not just random carnivores, but thats likely. Anyways I LOVED the trailer, can't wait for the movie!!!!!!!!!! :D
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Aug 5 2015 on  06:56 PM
On a related note, what kind of Sharpteeth are those supposed to be, the ones in the trailer? Some are saying Monolophosaurus, others are saying Yutyrannus. I for one cannot verify if either is correct; it's got a pronounced crest, yet it's feathered.
One thing I noticed is that these sharpteeth had a different number of claws than both Monolophosaurus and Yutyrannus. These sharpteeth had four claws on each arm while both Monophosaurus and Yutyrannus have only three. If I can recall correctly, four fingers was a trait of early carnivores. Of course, they gave Chomper three fingers in some of his incarnations, but they fixed that with this one, so...

Maybe these sharpteeth don't perfectly line up with a real kind of dinosaur, maybe they're a stylized form of meat-eating dinosaur combining different traits from different real-life ones, but between Monolophosaurus and Yutyrannus, I'd say they're closer to Monolophosaurus because Monolophosaurus's crest is more exclusive to its species than feathers are for Yutyrannus, plus Monolophosaurus is more closely related to the four-clawed carnivores as well and comes from a time much closer to the time when the four-fingered carnivores were around.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: AllegroGiocoso,Aug 5 2015 on  07:29 PM
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Aug 5 2015 on  06:56 PM
One thing I noticed is that these sharpteeth had a different number of claws than both Monolophosaurus and Yutyrannus. These sharpteeth had four claws on each arm while both Monophosaurus and Yutyrannus have only three. If I can recall correctly, four fingers was a trait of early carnivores. Of course, they gave Chomper three fingers in some of his incarnations, but they fixed that with this one, so...

Maybe these sharpteeth don't perfectly line up with a real kind of dinosaur, maybe they're a stylized form of meat-eating dinosaur combining different traits from different real-life ones, but between Monolophosaurus and Yutyrannus, I'd say they're closer to Monolophosaurus because Monolophosaurus's crest is more exclusive to its species than feathers are for Yutyrannus, plus Monolophosaurus is more closely related to the four-clawed carnivores as well and comes from a time much closer to the time when the four-fingered carnivores were around.
Wow, thanks for the response! :D Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Monolophosaurus with personal liberties done to the designs. That honestly wouldn't be the first time they did something like that. The Spinosaurus from LBT 12 comes to mind; it had two stubby, T. rex-like fingers instead of three claws.