The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Worst Ways to Die in Movies

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, isn't this a pleasant discussion? :P:  :unsure:

In "Speed": Losing one's head to an overhead metal beam while riding on the roof of a fast-moving train.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
WARNING: May have Deathly Hallows spoilers!
*Being hit by Avada Kedavra
* Getting hit in the chest by a really strong Expelliarmus!
* Having Avada Kedavara rebounded on you
* Getting crushe by a wall
* Having your head hacked off by a sword
* Getting hit in the back by a flying dagger (DOBBY!!!)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not sure which movie this was but...

getting shot at 100 times in the heart. (THAT'S OVERKILL! :blink:)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Ptyra,Oct 5 2007 on  10:50 PM
Snakes don't crush their prey, they suffocate
Based on a documentary I have seen on snakes, they discover that the prey doesn't die from suffocation. If I recall correctly they die from blood vessels popping in the brain due to the extreme pressure. Also, if I heard correctly, some prey are indeed crushed (or at least bones are broken) by snakes, depending on the size of the snake and the size of the victim.

I hate animal horror movies, sometimes I wish they wern't allowed to be made

I am no fan of horror movies, but animal horror movies always intrigued me, despite the fact I rarely see them. I know that horror movies exaggerate many aspects of animals to make them scarier, but it's all for entertainment.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
The way Littlefoot's mother died.  Can you imagine how much that must have hurt? :o

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Oct 6 2007 on  12:03 PM
Quote from: Ptyra,Oct 5 2007 on  10:50 PM
Snakes don't crush their prey, they suffocate
Based on a documentary I have seen on snakes, they discover that the prey doesn't die from suffocation. If I recall correctly they die from blood vessels popping in the brain due to the extreme pressure. Also, if I heard correctly, some prey are indeed crushed (or at least bones are broken) by snakes, depending on the size of the snake and the size of the victim.
They prey would have to be itty-bitty then, but I don't think I can proove that theory. I gave my snake a pinky mouse (because my next door neibor's corn snake died and they had one pinky left over, but I wasn't surprised since he wasn't doing well) and the poor snake had it in both sides of his mouth when he grabbed it and couldn't get it in. Something as small as a pinky mouse and the mouth of a two foot ball python wouldn't need much work. I only beleive in non-venomous snakes constricting than breaking bones...unless there was a really strong one and your arm broke after squeezing it for some time  :lol: . Ouch!

But I think you could be right about the blood vessles popping, but I guess that's an affect of extream suffocation...hm...I need to go to FW.net and the Sinuous discussion then *is dizzy*

Speaking of snakes eating, I gotta feed my snake tonight!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Ptyra,Oct 6 2007 on  04:00 PM
But I think you could be right about the blood vessles popping, but I guess that's an affect of extream suffocation
I'm going to have to watch it again though. But from what I heard, it has to do with rupture of blood vessels and I think internal organs as well, and that's what kills most of its prey. I think that only the largest of its prey would die from solely suffocation. But yeah I'm going to have to watch the program again. It was called Super Snake.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The drowning of the fishermen in "The perfect storm" makes me feel very uneasy. Both ways to die that involve water (drowning and dying of thirst) seem to be particularly unpleasant to me. I cannot rank those ways of dying worse than the countless other ways but it certainly wasn't the way I hope to pass away.

The death of William Wallace in Braveheart was not not pretty either. They didn't even show you which parts of his body they cut of and mutilated (you don't want to know). You really, really don't want to know how the historical king Edward II. died (though he appeared as a villain in the movie Braveheart his death was no topic in the movie). Did I make you curious? You DON'T want to know!

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
howbout having your intire planet devoured by a giant monster planet. with you on it. Unicron fron The Transformers the movie.

or have your planet blown up by the Death Star.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh.... I've got some.....

being forced head first through a TV( Friday the 13th :Dream Warriors. It's like the 4th or 5th one Maybe the third.)

Being killed by the killer when you're sitting on the toilet. (And trust me this really happened in the remake of Halloween. One guy was using the bathroom and Michael Myers kicked the stall door open and killed him)

Being strangled by a shower(Final Destination 1)

Being killed on a roller Coaster (Final Destination 3. I was scared of roller coasters before this movie now I will hardly get near one. :D  :lol: )

Having a ice skate get shoved through your head (Halloween H20)

Being killed while being in bed with your significant other(I can not tell you how often I have seen scary movies like that)

Having your head cut off by an Axe while you're working out.(Final Destination 3.)

Tikaani Strike

• Chomper
    • View Profile
An explosive charge placed into your head and activated (M:I 3)...dude, the headaches alone would make me put my head through a wall. And having your eyes roll in the back of your head and the last thing you would ever know on this earth is the pain and buzzing in your head...

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
In "Speed": Losing one's head to an overhead metal beam while riding on the roof of a fast-moving train.
I remember that. That actually seems to be a commonly used death involving standing on fast moving trains. :p

I'm not sure which movie this was but...

getting shot at 100 times in the heart. (THAT'S OVERKILL! )
Maybe you're thinking of the first Matrix. Although he didn't actually die.

As for me, it's dieing to a plague.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Manny Cav, for the sake of the forum, please remove that animation and just explain it.

I'm afraid of what will happen to this place (and to you) if that stays around. -_-

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I didn't think there was anything wrong with it, but I'll remove it if you request it.

It was basically an animation of a guy's head exploding (granted, I don't think the guy's head actually exploded, there was just a red expansion placed on the picture, but still...).

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
For me, the worse way to die in a movie would be to die alone in a torture chamber after many months of...well, you know... We've all seen "Braveheard" and movies about the Crusades at least once, right?

Me: "You people are inhuman! I'll never tell you anything!"  :cry2

torturer: "Aw, but think of all the children you may one day have. You them finding out about this chapter of your past?"

Me: "WHAT CHILDREN?! You know I can't ever have any now that you've gotten your hands on me!"

Torturer: "Oh, well." (Raises me into the air my a chained hands and lowers me into a cauldron of boiling oil.)
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
There is only one worst way that grossed me really out and that some sort of acid spat into the face of this person on the film Cube... some of those deaths was gross and really scary.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Does Anime Count?

If so, the anime "X" Has a dude fail to complete his mission, then is literally sucked into himself, with a hemogyeser from the small lump that is his body.

And in "Elfen Lied."  Being Killed by having your head ripped off by a naked, psychic elf girl in a helmet, and then having your body used as a human shield against thousands of bullets.  

Those'd both just suck.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Dec 4 2007 on  08:32 PM
Does Anime Count?

If so, the anime "X" Has a dude fail to complete his mission, then is literally sucked into himself, with a hemogyeser from the small lump that is his body.
That makes me think about the scenario of two things eating each other out of existance....