The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Petrie

Petrie. · 50 · 8278

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I always supposed, that Petrie is somehow afraid of Cera and even dislikes her, when she's is in the bad mood. Therefore he can sometime gossip about her.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You've made a good points, Malte. I want to add that one should not overreact about Petrie's behaviour at that particular moment. One or two snide remarks is not the end of the world and I am sure that despite those Cera and Petrie still are a real friends.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Yes. And we all know that people can say things that they don't mean when they're annoyed or angry. Cera herself has done it several times. I think Petrie just gets a little miffed at her temper sometimes, and the fact that he's so little that he can't really do anything but weather the storm :p
I don't doubt their friendship.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Lacking almost any ability to assert himself or getting things his way, being astutely aware of his own timidity and with his lack of self-confidence (ranging back to his fear of flying in the original movie) I suppose Petrie may be a bit envious of Cera who in all these respects is pretty much the opposite of Petrie. Remember Petrie's request during the song "You're one of us now"?
"You teach me to be scary..."
I don't suppose that the experiences with Ptereano in LBT 7 would have done much to improve his confidence in himself. Actually it could be stuff for a good story, could not there be one time in which Petrie gets his way and / or turns out to be right against the oposition of the others?

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
From what I'm reading this explains the point.  Petrie been making a lot of comeback criticism.  Its quiet interesting to see though.  I love my Cera but it would be great for someone to put her in her place.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
One thing about Petrie that hasn't really been discussed much in this topic is how gullible he is. He even admits it himself in one of the TV episodes:
Me believe anything.
(By the way, where did he say this? I forgot exactly which episode it was.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
^ I thought that was in, LBT VIII, when Littlefoot asked his friends if they believed him when he saw the snow. I may be wrong.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
He is one of my favorite characters, along with Chomper and Ducky, although he is annoying, his belief in superstitions, and him being adamant about anyone insulting Pterano, and his language impediment, which someone should fix soon. But aside from that, he is cute and funny.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I guess I could put this here, they're possibilities and headcanons to this character. Also, I'm kind of rambling here, so bear with me.

From the seventh sequel onward, I've always been fascinated, no obsessed with Petrie's relationships with his family, how he relates to them, and particularly the males in the family. I feel as though throughout the series, the flyers have shown that the moms are more involved with the kids then the dads (if they're around at all), and the males seem to just go off on their own in packs or something. I feel like Petrie has a lot of potiential for growth in terms of how he sees himself and what type of flyer he wants to be.

If he had a mate, I had this idea that he would take on an active parental role as he knows what it is like to not have a reliable male flyer figure in his life.

I know there's the possibility that Petrie's dad died in the first movie, and heck, I even had it in a story once that Pterano was the one that was responsible for his death, whether directly or indirectly.

However, I actually like the idea of him just leaving the family, whether because that's their "flyer culture" or he just didn't want to be an active role. And Petrie just coming to terms with that and making certain he never turns out like his uncle or deadbeat dad. Interesting too, because on one extreme you have a manipulative narcissist that's a liar and had to leave, while the other chose to just go and remain idle from his family. Petrie could really struggle with the whole mentor figure thing, feeling disillusioned that he might never find the figure he ideally wants, coming to terms with that, and finding the strength in his friends, mother, siblings, anyone else close to him. And because he's willing to believe in things no matter how far fetched they may be, he can try to be more optimistic and less fearful, use his weaknesses as strengths, etc.

I have a lot of thoughts and feelings about this character.  :oops

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Teresa,Sep 18 2007 on  05:40 PM
I've recently been watching all the LBT films in order andi noticed in films 2-4 Jeff Bennett's Petrie sounded the same as Will Ryan's yet later on petries voice got squeakier. Why is that ?  :blink:
He sounds like Will Ryan in 2 and 4 but he starts sounding like...well, Jeff Bennet, I guess, in 3. Bennet uses that voice regularly starting with 5.