The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss: The Meadow of Jumping Waters

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They tend to do that a lot, forget certain things they established before hand.  So it's obvious they have no one who looks over the episode in its rough cut and tells them they have to redo something.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Feb 4 2007 on  09:15 AM
Now, let me comment on the bad luck thing.  In LBT 6, didn't Petrie say, "Me no believe in bad luck."?  If you ask me, I guess something changed his mind. :D

I'm guessing that something was Pterano. Petrie mentioned that Pterano was the one who told him the red tree stars were unlucky, and Pertrie did swallow everything else Pterano ever told him (Or was your smiley implying that you already knew that? I couldn't tell.)

Petrie was driving me nuts in this episode. Every time anything happened, he'd be like, "See, I told you, it bad luck!" After about the 11th time, I was thinking, "Jeez, somebody hit him!"  :slap  

Also, I like the addition of the red tree stars. Though they must be seriously rare, since I can't remember ever seeing them before.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't recall ever seeing them before.  Though maybe in the great valley they only grow in one spot.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Maybe, but usually the term "rare" represents hard to find, which means that if they just grew in one spot that everyone (or at least Spike) knew about, they wouldn't be "hard to find."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They may have gotten the term from farwalkers maybe who may have commented on very rarely seeing any red tree stars.  Or flyers since they fly around they may see more areas.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You're right. Also there's the fact that it was Ruby who called thm 'rare,' and she hasn't been in the Great Valley for long. This may have been the first time she's seen that spot.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be.  I had forgotten she said that.   She may not have been to that spot and they may be rare in the areas of the mysterious beyond she has been to or heard about.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
yeah. but what was that brown goo where spike felt in? :huh:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could have been mud with a lot of sulfur or some other substance that normally stinks.  It  could have also been present in the water shooting from the geysers, hence Chomper being able to comment on the smell from far enough away so Ruby could not smell it.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
That'd also explain why Spike rinsing off in one of the geysers got rid of the mud but not the smell.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if they plan that for for a possible season 2, or if he'll be one of the few who appeared in a movie but not the tv series.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well since Pterano is banished from the valley for now, a probable TV episode might have the gang getting lost in the mysterious beyond and they meet up with him. (I wonder how he'll react when he meets Chomper :lol: )

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That would be the best way, instead of trying to say, it's been 5 cold times, when time doesn't really pass much in the lbt universe.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think that you forgot to mention that Spike saves the day. That is the main reason why I like this episode.

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Feb 8 2008 on  01:23 AM
That would be the best way, instead of trying to say, it's been 5 cold times, when time doesn't really pass much in the lbt universe.
Not sure I agree with that. The movies and series have shown a couple of cold-times since Pterano left.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
perhaps, but the gang looks the same age to me.  I'm sure what they do is ignore the passage of time any previous movie may have said happened.  After all if you take all the movies into account, the gang perhaps should be teen agers and they don't act or seem to be teen agers.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Pterano should be back by now, but honestly I'm glad he's not.  It might have provided a more interesting plot for LBT 13 though if he'd shown up again.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I still don't see the way many thing Pterano should be back by now.  He was likely meant to be a 1 shot character like Pat, Sue, Elsie, and some others.  And if 5 years had passed I still say the kids would be in their younger teens.  It's like a lot of other things, time really does not pass in LBT, it looks like it does, but it really does not.  Like in Peanuts and many other things.  The gang should be much older by now then they are.