The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most Disliked LBT Movie

Mornai · 177 · 23734

Poll

Which Land Before Time movie do you dislike the most?

1. The Land Before Time
1 (2.7%)
2. The Great Valley Adventure
0 (0%)
3. The Time of the Great Giving
0 (0%)
4. Journey Through the Mists
1 (2.7%)
5. The Mysterious Island
0 (0%)
6. The Secret of Saurus Rock
3 (8.1%)
7. The Stone of Cold Fire
0 (0%)
8. The Big Freeze
0 (0%)
9. Journey to Big Water
2 (5.4%)
10. The Great Longneck Migration
0 (0%)
11. Invasion of the Tinysauruses
6 (16.2%)
12. The Great Day of the Flyers
0 (0%)
13. The Wisdom of Friends
22 (59.5%)
14. Journey of the Brave
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Dynamite Maruyama,Mar 14 2008 on  04:22 AM
I don't understand the Land Before Time 10 hate. At least it was relevant to the original, but whatever.
Yeah, but scripters really could made the plot less holed. :(

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
LBT 10 did remind me of the first movie, then again who didn't it remind? :rolleyes: I guess some people didn't like the fact that Bron didn't go to live with Littlefoot in the Great Valley.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are likely numerous reasons some do not like 10, or parts of 10.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
the 6th idont know why might do with having the s****** music in the serreis and i hate the music any ways :bang

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi Dynamite Maruyuama!
Welcome to the Gang of Five :)
Would you like to introduce yourself in the welcoming section?
I don't understand the Land Before Time 10 hate. At least it was relevant to the original, but whatever.
Speaking as a harsh critic of LBT 10 I think they could have made that one the best sequel ever, if only they had taken some more care to keep it in accordance with the original movie and make Bron's story (and a couple of other points) more plausible. Much of the criticism of LBT 10 has been laid out in this thread.

Dynamite Maruyama

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I read your thoughts about it last night. I think the writers were just lazy. That or they were rushed. I'm sure it would have been a challenge to cram Little Foot's father, the flashback scene, Shorty, the solar eclipse, and the Bestest Friends musical number in such a comparatively short time... let alone any dialogue in the flashback scene, off-screen dialogue between Bron and Little Foot's grandparents, or an appearance of Ali's herd.

Meh, at least the potential is there.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may be a mix of rushed, not caring, no one going over and doing quality control, and maybe other factors.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Mar 14 2008 on  03:15 AM
There are likely numerous reasons some do not like 10, or parts of 10.
Well, i can see how some people wouldn't like it, as maybe they disliked the fact that about how Bron didn't come to search for Littlefoot etc. and also about him not coming to the great valley and instead of leading his herd.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think it's a mix of Bron not going to the Great Valley to look for Littlefoot, certain in consistences like in the first movie, I think they mention there were only 3 lift in Littlefoot's herd, his mother and grand parents.  Unless one says Bron never was a part of that herd.   And perhaps other reasons also.

Though I like Sue and Pat's characters, where are Doc and Ali, this would have been a natural movie to have one or both of them make an appearance.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't recall remembering anything said about Bron in the first movie, but correct me if i'm wrong.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
never mind.  I can't explain well enough so I'll just stop here.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sorry, i'm not trying to stress you or anything. I watched the first LBT and found the answer myself.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not mad or anything, just don't think I can explain it very well.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Out of all of them, I would have to say LBT 6, and here is why:

1. Dinah and Danah - I know some people may feel otherwise, but I just didn't really like them. You had no idea where they came from, and you never hear from them again. What, did Mr. Threehorn all of a sudden become a bisexual and start having babies? (I know that sounds terrible :lol ) Now maybe if the movie explained how they got there, it would be a little different, but at the moment they are my least favorite characters.

2. The Songs - Oh my god, what were they thinking? I will admit, I actually liked When You're On You Own because it wasn't so lame, but the other two? Lone Dinosaur was just so idiotic in my opinion, and what was with the "YEEEEHAW!!!" at the end. I don't recall any of them being cowboys. And then there was Bad Luck. The only good thing about that song was Spike's scatt. Don't ask me why, I just for some reason liked that part. Otherwise, the song was terrible.

3. The Plot - The whole idea of "bad luck" descending upon the Great Vallet was kind of wierd to me. Besides the tornado towards the end, all of the other situations seemed dumb. I'm not sure Ducky would be talking if her beak was stung numerous times by bees, and Saurus Rock just seemed odd. To sum it up, the plot was pretty bad.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are certain movies that do have large plot holes, others have smaller, if any, plot holes.    More proof, I guess, that there was no quality control when the scripts, or animation in some cases, were being done.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I choose 4... I don't really hate it, but if I dont have to see it than I won't. We only had LBT 4 inhere when I was young, so I have just seen it toooo many times. I didn't want to take a look at it when I bought all the movies on DVD and when I heard my brothers watching it I could just sing along. Because I had not heard the songs for at least 5 years, I was kind of surprised that I still knew them.

I don't like it anymore, seen it too many times which makes the fun go away <_<

Tropicalia

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://fishlover.deviantart.com
unforuneatly, movie #7 is my most unfavorite one.

I felt that the story plot was a bit too rushed and went by too fast, though I do love pterano x3 there are other things to that bothered me about this specific sequel but i can't quite put my finger on it.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
parts 13 and 11 werent my favorites but i still like them because i just love all The Land Before Time movies and everything about them. so i dont dislike any of them. :D  :yes  :wow

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Tropicalia,Mar 31 2008 on  07:04 PM
unforuneatly, movie #7 is my most unfavorite one.

I felt that the story plot was a bit too rushed and went by too fast, though I do love pterano x3 there are other things to that bothered me about this specific sequel but i can't quite put my finger on it.
Same here probably, though I cannot say anything about the movies 11 and 12. But 7 is the one I would not pick if someone asked me to pick my favorite.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Ya know, the people at Universal should pay attention to threads like this.  Then they can see that they really fouled up on #11 and 13, but no one has voted #12 as the worst movie.  They could then analyze the information and use it to their advantage when creating LBT 14.