The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into Cyrodiil

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"You have a point there." Talasma chimed.

----------------------------------

"Likewise." John replied, shaking Nick's hand. "So, from where do you hail?" John asked, calling upon his own knack for speaking in Olde English at times.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mach Na the bookkeeper, I presume?" Seed Neeus greeted with a small bow.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm not actually from, here, believe it or not' Nicks voice sank to a whisper ' i'm from America.  but diont make a big fuss over it. when i told Nicula over there, she looked at me like i had been hitting the mead hard. Where are you from? he asked.
- Indeed i am " Mach Na replied ' i sell and buy books, and so far today i've sold quite a few books, bought some too. so what brings you to Cheydinhall? usually from what i hear, you usually stick to Chorrol or Skingrad.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glides walked down the street, pausing when he saw the building.  It did look like the bookstore was in the same place.  He continued and walked into the bookstore.  He wondered if they would have any books to interest him.  Maybe something on the Knights of the Nine, though he would doubt that.  He looked around once he entered the book store to get an idea of what subjects were there closest to the door before he went any farther.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
dar Ma enjoyed the breakfast with Talasma, eating a nice meal as she felt the heat from the fire.  she poured Talasma a fresh cup of wine , then poured herself one. the wine bottle was now near,ly empty. ' i wanted to thank you, for everything you've shown me the past few hours' she said to Talasma..
_
 Nicula walked  from book row to bookrow, looking for a book to catch her fancy.. she could here snatches of conversation to her left and right.  Deetsan and Dru Essa were talking about Bravil, and machna was talking to someone as well.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glides walked along scanning the shelves.  He saw a shelf with alchemy books, but scanning the shelves he already had those books.   He found a section that seemed to be about history, or something close to history.  He scanned titles, one after the other, till he found would about obscure & ancient knightly orders.  Taking the book off the shelf and looking at the contents page he saw they had a section about the Knights of the Nine.  He held this book in one hand as he looked at the others on the shelf that book was on and the shelves above and below that one to see if there was a single book about the Knights of the Nine.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is there something I can help you with?" Mach Na asked Seed Neeus. ' Any particular book you are looking for?
- are you looking for something? Dru Essa asked as she noticed Glides 'Perhaps I can help you?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glides turned to look at Dru Essa.  "Yes, I was looking to see if there were any books about the Knights of the Nine order.  I found this one that has a section about the order." He said  holding up the book he had found earlier, "But not an entire book about them." He said to her.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
John gasped softly. "Interesting. I'm from America too, in all honesty." he replied, setting his copy of 'A Dance in Fire' on a nearby table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seed Neeus nodded. "Well that is true, but I will always make deliveries to other towns, given the chance."
--------------------------------------------

"There you are." Qa'Dar said as he approached John and Nick, the recently purchased book in the khajiit's hand.

"And who is this one?" he asked.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What are the odds?' Nick said, surprised that John was from the same world, and country as he was.. ' well at least he wouldn't be completely alone here ' He turned as Qa Dar came up to them ' Hello I'm Nick. ' he introduced himself..I'm  well a local, if you catch my meaning. I've been just talking with John here for a bit..,
- At least you get paid more the further you have to go for a delivery' Mach Na said "I don't travel much, myself, too risky these days. So I have my usual customers, including Deetsan over there. Sadly i have had to raise prices recently due to the recent crisis.. Have you had to raise your prices at all?
 after Browsing for a few minutes, Dru essa sat down in a chair and looked at the daily Bulletin.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glides continued looking and found what looked like a book about the Knights of the Nine.  He opened the book to be sure it was about the Knights of the Nine order then went up to purchase the book & the other one as well.  Thinking after he read them he may have then added to the, so far very small, library at the Knights of the Nine priory.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So How about we go to the local er bar, and I get you a drink and we discuss how you got here.. and well swap stories' Nick offered. ' just give me a minute..' he noddeed at John then went over to Nicula ' Hey Nicula, could I borrow 50 gold from you?..see  I need it  so I can buy me and John over there some drinks' ' Nicula dug into her purse and dropped fifty pieces in Nicks hands ' Go ahead, have a few drinks.. just remember to get me a west Weald..' Nicula said, as Nick put the gold into his pocket.
 deetsan was ready to get going, as was Dru Essa.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glides paid for the books.  Then he started to  headed out of the store to a place where he could read a bit of the books he had read.  He thought he would read a bit of each, then decide which one to read first.  He suspected he'd pick the one about the knights of the nine.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Indeed, I could use a drink." Qa'Dar responded once Nick returned.

"I guess I can say the same." John chimed in, placing his book back on the shelf.

----------------------------------------

"Only a little, I do not like to raise them to the point that nobody can trade." Seed Neeus replied.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Indeed, you do not want to scare off business ' mach Na replied with a nod. ' but sadly, such is the times we live in. Hopefully things will start getting better and Ill get more customers from the other cities in the Empire."
-
 I'm ready to go' Deetsan said after paying mach Na for a book called ' The thrice-charged dagger' about a sword that carried three enchantments. Nick for his part was reluctant to leave the bookshop, but with so,little coin to his name he couldnt afford to buy any books, just browse. at least browsing was free.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glides put the books he had bought into his backpack.  Placing them on top since he thought he would diffidently read those first.  He put his backpack back on and walked out of the store.   He next would think of where to read his book before he would head on his way to the next place.  He wondered what sort of adventure he would come across next and when he would.  He knew that one could never tell when that would happen or where.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dru Essa got her things, including a book she had bought from Mach na, and headed towards the door " thank you for the books ' She said to Mach Na as she went out " anytime dear. Thank you for your patronage." mach na said. deetsan followed Dru Esssa out the door ' see you tomorrow Mach Na' She said with a smile ' Anytime dear" mach na said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Next Glides walked around the area looking to see what other shops there were.  He was thinking some other shops he may buy.  He formed a mental list of basic supplies he may want to have and if he would want to carry this or that or put it on his horse.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Holding toghtly onto the gold Nicula had given him. Nick headed out of Mach Nas books and headed towards the nearest pub, wghuich turned out to be the next building over 'A Large sign proclaimed the place to be thhe " Cheydinhall Bridge Inn' although from what Nick could see, there wasnt any bridge anywhere near the inn " perhaps its just a misnaming, or perhaps there was a bridge near there once but it was moved at some point' He said, as he headed towards the door. nick headed up a flight of stairs and found himself ooking at a women standing behind a counter ' Mariana Anxcharia at your service, I own the Cheydinhall Bridge Inn I [provided beds and food to quality people in town. Have a seat and a drink if you like' she said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glides went into what he recalled was a general type store.  He looked over what they had and picked out a few things that looked handy that he had not thought of to bring with him that he could keep on his horse.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
John tossed some gold on the counter. "I'll have some Argonian bloodwine." He said politely.

"The same for me." Qa'Dar uttered as he took a seat next to the boy.