The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask the dragon rider

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Well since I'm a new addition, I'd thought I would share with you my personal
knowledge and my likes/dislikes. You can ask me any question, especially
about dragons or dinosaurs, but try not to ask anything too personal.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Mar 29 2017 on  03:33 AM
Do you draw or write fanfics/original poems?If yes - show us!
Thanks for being the first question. I do draw, but I don't really know how to
post drawings on this site. I draw animals, mainly modern animals, but also sometimes
prehistoric animals, and fantasy creatures (like dragons, of course.) Can you tell
me how to post drawings here? That would be quite helpful.

As for fanfics, while I have written hypothetical scenarios, I haven't really written any
fanfictions for anything I'm a fan of. Now that you mention it, however, I may
just write a fanfiction here some time.
I have tried out some original poems in the past, and since you asked, I think
I'll get to that soon and post some here.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It's pretty simple to post art here. The first thing you need to do is host your art somewhere. Do you have a Deviantart or Imgur account? These are just two of many examples of where you can upload your art.

Once you have a place that you post your art online, simply create a topic in the appropriate section (LBT art goes in Fanart And Fanfiction and non-LBT art goes into The Arts-Visual Art). Post a link to your art and post the topic and there you go.

If you want to make the pictures visible on this board like some people do, then what you need to do is same thing that I described, but you need to, instead of providing the regular URL link, you need to right-click on your picture and click Copy Image Location or whatever it tells you. Paste that in the URL just to make sure it sends you to only the picture. Once you have that, paste that into the message of your topic and enclose it with [ img] at the left end and [ /img] on the right. This should make it so that, once you post the topic, the image shows up. Make sure to remove the spaces between the [ and i, and the [ and /; I had to add them in order to post this.

Word of warning, however. Make sure that the images are not huge in size. While you can resize them on Deviantart and other places for example, you can't resize them within this messageboard, so if you post a huge image, it's going to be really hard for someone to look at it easily. So make sure that they are small. 1,000 x 1,000 pixels should be fine, perhaps larger and smaller, too.

I hope this helps.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What are the most important reasons that make LBT special for you? Is it the overall setting, characters or perhaps some other things?

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Mar 29 2017 on  03:10 PM
What are the most important reasons that make LBT special for you? Is it the overall setting, characters or perhaps some other things?
What a deep question. The most important reasons LBT is special for me is, like you said,
indeed the overall settings and a few other things. The setting of the original LBT really
emotionally moved me because of the amazing soundtrack by James Horner (R.I.P), which
had such beautifully composed music.
Since I like dinosaurs, this film stuck to me because of well the animation and story
was made. The characters were engaging and imitated the real life behavior of
children. They weren't slapstick cartoon characters, rather just were characters close to
real life who had flaws and had to learn how to solve them.
And the core message of working together really stayed with me long after re-watching
LBT at age 14. Now at 23, I still live by that message when I need help.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Which songs from the sequels do you dislike the most?

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm, that's a difficult question, as I like many of the songs in the sequels and love
how upbeat and often moving they can be.
But if I were to pick several, one would be "Who Needs You?" in the sequel. While it
explores Dil and Ichy's relationship, I don't care for it. Besides it has some anachronisms,
such as mentioning the "month of July", in the Mesozoic Era.
Also, while I have never seen the 13th movie (obviously because I've heard of how
silly and bad it is) I heard about the "Yellow Belly Bounce" which I deeply dislike after
reading the lyrics and then hearing it online, because of how overly whimsical and out
of place the song is.
Well, those are about the only two songs which I truly dislike.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Do you have a favourite Dragon and if so what is it?
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, if you wanna know about European/Western dragons and Asian dragons, I'm usually
for Western dragons. Though Asian dragons look majestic too.
If you wanna know what my favorite dragon from How To Train Your Dragon is, I like
the Typhoomerang from the spin-off TV show. It just has such as large wingspan
compared to its body and a unique fire ability.
Overall, I just like dragons if they are given cool mystical aspects such as how they
breathe fire and features on their body.
In my book, a dragon, being omnivorous, often will eat fresh minerals or rocks that
they are able to digest in their hot, melting stomachs. This is my explanation of how
Western dragons can breathe fire- the fire does not come
from their lungs, but mainly from the mouth, where their saliva contains chemicals that
when mixed with the hot air they exhale (when you blow, the air is cool, and when you
exhale heavily, it feels hot) produces fire when they exhale.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
I don't own any video games currently, but when I lived in a different part of
Houston, Texas, growing up I played Nintendo games such as Animal Crossing
and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.
And I have a friend named Charles who owns a Wii game system and when I come
to his house we often play "Super Mario Galaxy" and its sequel.
I also like playing online arcade games (Galaga, Donkey Kong,etc.) sometimes.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you ride car/motocycle/bicycle/skateboard/roller skates/something else?
If yes: do you make long trips?

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
I have a driver's license and have been taking lessons, but I don't drive that often. I
can walk to my college campus and to my part-time job easily since my home's location
in Houston is very convenient.
I used to have roller skates growing up. I would skate throughout a park
near my school when I lived in another neighborhood until I moved to another.
I have rode bicycles in the past with my dad, often to the park.
I don't skateboard, since I don't possess the balance needed and I'm too scared
to go on those things.
I once drove two hours on a road trip with my dad; the trip would take six hours, so
we took turns driving.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd like to know about your favorite animated films, now that the issue has been brought up.  :)

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
I can name a number of animated films, since animation is one of my favorite
film genres, but the films that stand out the most are Disney's The Lion King, Little
Mermaid, Dreamwork's How To Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, and of course
The Land Before Time. Other animated films I am fond of re-watching are Dreamwork's
The Prince of Egypt and recently, Disney's Moana.
And yes, I agree with you that many CGI animated films are frequently too comedic. Funny
moments are good for a film, but when it tries to be too funny, as highlighted in
the trailers, it becomes stale.
Nevertheless, I am pleased that there are CGI films that try to be sophisticated and
focus on the story, such as Frozen that you mentioned.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Which country have you enjoyed visiting the most?

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
The country I have enjoyed visiting the most, I think, would be the Cayman Islands
on the Disney Cruise. I went in late December 2011, and celebrated the 2012 new year
on that ship. I got to see sea turtles on a farm raising sea turtles and then releasing
them back in the wild.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What is your favorite song from the original LBT OST?

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, for the whole soundtrack, it would have to be "Whispering Winds" and "The Great Migration". The soundtrack for the film is just a masterpiece of classic composement and is majestic-sounding.
"The Great Migration" is the perfect introduction to a land in prehistory, and starts off as giving us a sense of wonder, then turns to awe as we hear the incredible score from James Horner.         And "Whispering Winds" has a lovely chorus that gives one feelings of bittersweetness and yet also hope for our protagonists. The use of French horns adds to the majesty of this soundtrack.