The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Was Chomper eating bugs..

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do you think Chomper ate insects normally before coming to the Great Valley, or do you think he ate meat alot before moving there?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I do believe he ate meat before coming to the Great Valley.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
His LBT 5 statement to his parents (having had longneck for breakfast without the parents questioning the claim) does suggest that Chomper had more substantial food than insects before. However there is no certainty about whether or not Chomper was (psychologically) capable of bringing down such prey (young dinosaurs; certainly no old ones).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
His comment on the longneck they smelled was his burp since he had longneck for breakfast was believed which I think would mean he has eaten meat before.  Also they call Chomper for breakfast (I think it's breakfast, may be lunch or dinner) and they never show it, I think if it were a pile of fish they would not mind showing that since kids have seen adults eating fish & some have gone fishing themselves.   Also when Chomper and Littlefoot are talking Chomper's mother acts like she thinks Chomper had caught a small young longneck which didn't surprise her any.  & Chomper was stalking the gang before he recognizes Littlefoot.  So it looks like he was hunting them for real since he didn't now it was them at first and his expression changes when he recognizes Littlefoot.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
So it looks like he was hunting them for real since he didn't now it was them at first and his expression changes when he recognizes Littlefoot.

I think that too, altough he hatched in the great valley, when he moved to the island with is parents, all that time, I don't believe that he dind't hate a single piece of meat, that would be impossible

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Maybe he ate little reptiles (lizards, persay) and occasionally small early birds (before they get the worm  :p ?). That's small enough for him to take down and eat

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'm noticing a lot of topics about Chomper... :P:

I guess Chomper did eat maybe portions of the meat that his parents caught and he ate smaller prehistoric animals like those prehistoric rodents, small reptiles, or small birds.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree, he likely ate what his parents hunted and gave him some of the meat, and did some hunting on his own eating maybe insects, small animals ect.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In which case we must assume that in LBT 5 Chomper's parents had brought down a longneck for Chomper's excuse to work out. The night of my recent birthday I had a land before time dream which (though I lack some details) was mainly about Chomper's being led into temptation to not just follow his nature but also to betray his friends. I'm convinced that Chomper would never carry the later through, but I do think that his being tempted could make for an awesome story if handled well. It might even work for a story which could explain Chomper's being tolerated in the Great Valley. This however would have to include some special situation for Chomper to prove himself to everyone.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If it's not done in a movie soon, we could always have 1 or more folks do a script and do that as one of the audio plays, either a short tv length episode, a longer one, of 40 or more minutes or a full length movie type.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
HE eats both. In the movie when he was hatched, he started eating bugs. It was the only thing he can catch and hunt.He can only eat meat  when his parents give it to him or when his friends are not looking.