The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Starting School Again

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
First day of school was today.  God it's like I never left. :( Nothing has changed, I've got a HORRIBLE physics teacher who gives out million page assignments, and I have to actually stay awake in class to pass this year because I've got all really hard teachers. :cry I liked last year.  I'd sleep all through class and still make an A. :p

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Physics, eh?  That one's tough.  I'm not sure I'd have the guts to take it unless I had to :rolleyes:.  I know a degree of physics but nothing too in-depth.  I just started my fall semester last Tuesday.  One and a half years left until I graduate :D.  Just y'all wait until ya start college.  Once you've accomplished your general studies, the undergrad courses will be a much bigger headache, depending on what your major is :bang.  If ya know how to and feel comfortable with giving PowerPoint presentations, writing lengthly papers and simply attending class, you'll be fine :yes.  Some classes even have open-book, open-note testing :wow.  The best part of college is being able to decide what times and days ya want to take your classes.  Believe me, I don't miss the early morning five days a week schedule high school makes folks suffer through :p.  Well, have fun folks, and may all the seniors here enjoy their last year of childhood :^.^:.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
If I can pass the college entrance exam, I'm going to be transferring all of my classes up to the college.  I've already passed the reading and writing portion of the test with flying colors.  The math I didn't do so hot on, but that's because I've only had a 10th grade education level so far!  Just do the science one okay and I'm in.  I start on the 22nd.  Until then, I just have to suffer through high school like the rest of the world. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Heh today my first two subjects are.. Maths and biology.. well let's see what they think of my lbt decorated books :p

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Geez...  Math and biology, huh?  I hated math, and didn't have to take biology...  Actually, no offense to any of you who liked it, but I personally hated school, except for nice teachers, and friends...  That's it; glad I'm out of there...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
well,

today was MY first school day, it was kinda easy, the only thing i did was math, although i hate math it was kinda fun today! :^.^:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No reactions on my books except how AWwww how cute on the chomper one :p

Rest was okay..

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, I am on my last days of vacations, this Year ill have new subjects like Geololy,biology and more, but maths will always kill me :lol .....not funny <_<

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope school goes well for all of you.  Good Luck.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm taking CWI/US history,Photogrophay and Governance and Activisom.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quite varied, and very complicated sounding.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My history teacher got almost thesame family name as I do, and he likes to joke about that :p Though I'm sure I will like this year of history, we're going to study many subjects :)

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Quote from: Vaan360,Sep 9 2008 on  12:53 AM
Well, I am on my last days of vacations, this Year ill have new subjects like Geololy,biology and more, but maths will always kill me :lol .....not funny <_<
Make that two. And I have positively no idea on what I'm going to do about. School manuals keep getting more expensive, but although that's not a problem, they haven't arrived yet...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds pretty stupid, starting school when all the books are not there yet.  Just my opinion though.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Luckily, it only starts within a week. I'd be doomed if it was earlier. O.O

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Explorer Posted on Sep 9 2008, 04:25 PM

Luckily, it only starts within a week. I'd be doomed if it was earlier. O.O

Same here, I don¥t have the books either,Glad school will begin only within a weak.

Kor Posted on Sep 9 2008, 03:22 PM

Sounds pretty stupid, starting school when all the books are not there yet. Just my opinion though.

Well I should had ordered the books earlier, but being a lazy guy like I am -_- , I only ordered some time ago, so that¥s why I still don¥t have the books, it would be stupid indeed to start the year without books.
Hope the books get here on time :unsure: [/color][/b]

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Unless you have a photographic memory and can borrow a friend's books before school starts and can read them.   :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
At least in some subjects a good and well prepared teacher might be able to do good lessons that don't have to rely on books at all.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Sep 10 2008 on  03:23 AM
At least in some subjects a good and well prepared teacher might be able to do good lessons that don't have to rely on books at all.
You know as well as I do that doesn't work in university studies. :p :rolleyes:  Its always about the books until you get to graduate level stuff.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
At the university over here the books and reading are what we have to do ourselves while the lectures and seminars (aka. the lecturer's job) must usually do without any texts being read in the lessons. I see that it wouldn't work with any subject at school, but in case of social sciences and languages I suppose there are possibilities to bridge the time till the books arrive without wasting that time.