The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why is it called the Mysterious Beyond?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I mean, loads of them used to live there!!!!!

Is the Great Valley suffering from isolation syndrome?  

I mean, look how they freaked out when the found that they might have to go back to the Mysterious Beyond.  I think the Great Valley is turning them into wimps.  

Let's hope that no major evil gets into the Great Valley or they'll fall pretty easily.....

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I believe it was briefly mentioned somewhere in the series that the Mysterious Beyond is called so because it's now an everchanging world out there, where anything can happen and nobody really knows what to expect when they venture beyond the rocky walls of the Great Valley.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
There are things beyond the mysterious beyond. Well this is for kids, and the mysterious beyond could sound quite scary or exciting, like the rainbow faces say it: "Beyond The Mysterious Beyond!" :confused  :confused
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, well a lot of them have lived there before (in the Mysterious Beyond that is).

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Mar 17 2015 on  05:40 PM
Yes, well a lot of them have lived there before (in the Mysterious Beyond that is).
Remember how much an earthshake changed the landscape in the original movie (after the fight scene between Littlefoot's mother and a sharptooth)? I'm pretty sure that even to a dinosaur who has lived his entire life on that single patch of land it would seem like a completely new location. And such geological cataclysms were very frequent at the time. It would seem logical for a group of flatteeth who found refuge in a safe and relatively stable valley to call the constantly forming lands surrounding them "the Mysterious Beyond", I think. ;)

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
or maybe they thought that since the great valley is a lot safer, they just assume everywhere else is dangerous.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The name is suppose to illicit a sense of wonder and expectancy, there are mysterious things in the Mysterious Beyond. In some ways it reminds me of a way grown ups help make it less appealing (although it never works, Little Foot and the Gang always end up out there). I think its just suppose to be the antithesis of the Great Valley which is stability and comfort (with exceptions, see LBT II, III, V, VI, VIII). The Mysterious Beyond is a place where anything, I mean anything can happen (see Stone of Cold Fire :lol).

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith