The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Corrupt a Wish Game.

WeirdRaptor · 1781 · 129434

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^And YOU didn't make a wish yourself.  Oops! :nyah

I wish for a free XBox One S All Digital Edition.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I did make a wish. It was for all of the Beatles to still be alive, which hasn't been properly corrupted yet. :Mo

Granted, although you only get to use your new XBox for a couple weeks before a friend gets greedy and ends up stealing it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:59:37 PM by StardustSoldier »

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Granted, Paul, John, Ringo and the rest live again (even though Paul is still alive), unfortunately they seem to have taken a fancy to the styles of groups like Simple Plan and Good Charlotte; and their new albums are all quite agonizing to listen to.

I wish the rest of the Felidae novels would finally get an English translation.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Granted, but you realize to both your astonishment and horror that the translated text of the Felidae books is the same dialect and grammar that Petrie uses. :opetrie

I wish that my next wish will get corrupted. :P

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted, Paul, John, Ringo and the rest live again (even though Paul is still alive), unfortunately they seem to have taken a fancy to the styles of groups like Simple Plan and Good Charlotte; and their new albums are all quite agonizing to listen to.
Nice one. That got a laugh out of me. I was really curious to see how that one was going to get ruined because I didn't know what to expect.

^Granted, and you do indeed receive a wish that is corrupted. However, because it's what you wanted all along, that also means that it isn't corrupted. Having a wish that both is and isn't corrupted at the same time creates such a paradox that it tears open a hole in the space-time continuum, and ultimately causes a chain reaction that leads to the universe imploding. Not helping matters is the fact that, while you wanted a wish that was corrupted, it wasn't a firmly-defined wish beyond that, which only increases the catastrophic damage and ultimately causes a rift in the multiverses as well.

I wish Littlefoot and his friends were alive and real and lived in my backyard.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wish granted, but you couldn't keep your little secret for long. News has spread across the world about a lonely male who supposedly has LBT dinosaurs living right in his backyard! The rumors are true, however. The media and the public invade your home and privacy just to go observe such a spectacle! It looks like you won't be getting sleep anytime soon. Unfortunately, this results in the eventual death of Littlefoot and his friends, as one day they were all shot in the head by a bounty hunter. :cry

I wish that my next wish would be reversed if for some reason it would become corrupted. :P

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Your wish is granted in the sense that, if it were to become corrupted, it would be reversed. But since you're not really wishing for anything concrete, nothing happens anyway. Thus, it leaves you with a useless "wish" that doesn't do anything.

^Well that sure got dark fast. Alright, revamping this a little. Same wish, except that I own a house and property way out on the countryside for the dinosaurs to play in. And, while we do get visitors, it's nothing overwhelming. And nothing bad whatsoever happens to the dinosaurs (although I'm still fair game, I suppose).

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Granted!  Chomper eats you.  Your body is never found.

I wish Donald Trump was not president of the United States and that he NEVER participated in the election in 2016.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wish granted, but now Donald Trump has taken the opportunity to run an entire dictatorship in China. Oh, and Hillary Clinton is now president of the United States, aka the normal but still bad consequence of the wish.

I wish that I could wish for infinite wishes with each of them having a 100% success rate but a pi% chance of corruption!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. You get your ability to make infinite wishes that do not get corrupted, which you exploit for a long time. Eventually the mods figure out what you're up to, however, and you then get permanently banned from the Gang of Five forum for abusing loopholes in the Corrupt a Wish Game. :DD Which doesn't count as ruining your infinite wishes because it wasn't the result of one specific wish, but rather your general habits. Although mind you, you could still make the argument that it was a corruption of your first initial wish (to have infinite wishes), but that just leads us back to the paradoxical universe implosion problem mentioned above, and I'm not sure if we want to go down that route again.
:olittlefoot

I'm hungry. I wish for a cheeseburger, fries, and a soda... none of which will make me sick or otherwise harm me in any way.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. But wait, what's the meat content of that burger you're eating? :sducky
Finely ground and chopped longneck would fancy you? :bestsharptooth
You're so disgusted, realizing what you just ate and vomited everywhere. You lost consciousness. While the food itself didn't harm you per say, you were stricken with shock and remorse at what just happened.

I wish that corruption itself in all ways never existed. (Umm, would this result in the universe imploding again? :opetrie)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nah, not this time. Since corruption itself no longer exists, it simply means we can no longer play the Corrupt a Wish game. :DD :cry

I wish to have my own novel published.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. But wait, why are all the book copies that the publisher distributes to the public are either missing half of their pages or have staggering grammar issues that weren't even present in the original copy? The public is turned away by this and nobody would dare to try and read the monstrosity of that novel. :facepalm

I wish that the Gang of Seven would grow up to be adults and still be best friends forever. :DD

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. The Gang of Seven grow up to be adults, and remain best friends for the entire duration of that time. Unforunately, that bounty hunter that was mentioned several posts up takes an interest in them one day...

I wish to have my own novel published, free from missing pages and staggering grammar issues, and it goes on to become a best-seller.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted, but you fall to an early grave before your novel becomes a best seller and everyone starts to praise you. In fact, nobody really appreciated or understood the content of the novel at first for some reason. So while it was a success, you were never able to witness the satisfaction yourself. :cry

As Kimberly Perry, a famous songwriter once said, "Funny when you're dead how people start listenin'"

I wish that school never existed.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I kinda don't want to corrupt that wish, because it's a wish I myself would have been tempted to make. :cerahappy But I'll play along with the rules anyway.

Granted. School doesn't exist........................

........................ because the universe already imploded as a result of our earlier antics in this thread. :DD

I wish Ali had appeared in more LBT films and become a regular part of the Gang.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. But unfortunately, Ali becomes so accustomed to the gang that they eventually invite her to join permanently. What's the problem, you ask? Well...Chomper is replaced. :cry

Ugh, that is something I would never want to happen! :anger
But yeah, the wish was corrupted, so...

I wish that we had the option to not corrupt a wish someone makes in this thread.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted, but every time you decline to corrupt a wish, you have to pay a $10 fine. :DD

I wish I could be part of the group hug in my avatar and not get killed by anything in the process.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. You are part of the group hug, but nobody sees you other than the Gang of Five because you're invisible to everyone else. It's almost as if you were never in the group hug in the first place.

I wish that I could speak the language of all animals! :smile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted, but you can only attain that ability after loading up on LSD.

I wish for a nice, hot, steaming mug of tea, and one which I don't spill.