The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Rainbow Faces

SolarThreehorn

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wasn't there a topic on this already?

I don't know, I just thought I had seen it somewhere before.

Anyways, there is something not right about the rainbowfaces in the movie. The leader of the group said : 'They joined up with us some time ago'(while the song beyond the mysterious beyond is sung). But they are 'aliens' and they probably came here together with the stone...

They want to teach littlefoot new stuff, but why only show him what they are. Won't the group see that they have disapeared? I think it is kind of weird that they are introduced into the movies at all... Because.. Well.. Aliens, come on.. It's a dinosaur movie!!

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
almost everyone here thinks they are extraterestials(aliens),

what do you think

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I think that the movie set out to convince us that these particular Rainbow faces were indeed aliens. If not then they display a surprising amount of knowledge about the universe. I would say they are aliens, but by the time I was watching the seventh movie I had already lost faith that the sequels were to be wonderful and ended up just chuckling at this development.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It seems odd, that element of the movie doesn't fit in with the other movies to much, though there are other elements in another movie or 2 that do not fit in either.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The departure of the Rainbowfaces and their references to rules they have to stick to makes the interpretation of them as aliens likely. It is not the only possible explanation though. One could wonder if that "beyond the mysterious beyond" may have a kind of spirtitual dimension (e.g. the place from where cloud images come and where the talking of treestars is administered). We didn't have much spiritual stuff since the original movie in LBT.
I must say that I react almost with a kind of repression to the rainbowfaces. If at least they had cut out their departure... It really didn't seem to fit to the land before time at all. I wonder whose idea it was to have this element included.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Whoever it was, I'm glad they did it. I'm a scifi guy myself.

I've always liked the addition of the aliens. For three good reasons:

1) Mr. Threehorn gets verbally faced in his argument wth them. I love it when that happens.

2) Includes yet another reference to modern science (the swirling atom in the song). That, and the chloroplast close up from the beginning of LBT 11 are my two favorite scientific references.

2.5) Gives the Catholic Church another reason to disagree with the Land Before Time!

3) On the off-chance the giant meteorite ever does show up, Littlefoot & co. have a backup plan for escaping Earth.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jun 25 2008 on  07:06 AM
2.5) Gives the Catholic Church another reason to disagree with the Land Before Time!
So.. What are the others?  :P:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wasn't there a non alien rainbowface in 2 of the lbt movies?  He seems like a regular type.  Which makes one wonder did they choose that form, or is that their regular form, as well as how long were they on that world visiting since the spiketail does say some time ago, but not how long.

RFZT

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Kor, a rainbowface was in "Invasion of the Tinysauruses." It kind of irked me, because even though the "rainbowfaces" are an actual dinosaur species (Gallimimus most likely), I thought it would have been better if the species had been restricted to the two rainbowfaces from the 7th movie. I think this way mainly because they were aliens, and when I first saw the Great Valley rainbowface I was like "LOL WUT?"

As for the ones from the 7th movie, I love them. They were so outcasted, open-minded and mysterious.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assume that one there is not an alien, but a regular dino.  There are likely regular rainbow faces.  I always assumed that so wasn't surprised nor thought anything different when I did see that one.

RFZT

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure that rainbowface was a regular dino, too, Kor.

And a little more about my views (aka love) for the ones in the 7th movie. I was quite happy that Littlefoot didn't have a total breakdown after they disappeared. As someone on YouTube said, "If I saw two people mysteriously disappear I would be like <3 =D"

I agreed with them. I thought that comment was so funny.  :DD

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jun 25 2008 on  12:06 AM

Hey, let's not get into religion. I still go to a Catholic church, even I certainly don't agree with a lot of things about it (Crusades, the Inquisition, "Selling religion", etc.).

Getting back on topic, you did make some very good points. Personally, I don't believe the Rainbowfaces being aliens really went too well with that story. It just seemed kind of off-topic. If they wanted aliens in an LBT, then they should have made them more central to the story, and not just a sideshow.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, I wonder why they did that.  You could cut out the scenes where they are in it it would not change the movie to much.  They could have left out their being aliens and had the movie be the same as it was.   There are a real species of rainbow faces in lbt that are not aliens since they have been seen at least in 1 cameo (during one of the songs in the 11th movie) and maybe more.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There's still something about them that make them so mysterious.  They should be in the Series.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Too disenchanted by the last scene and too much of a "deus ex machina" device for my taste. Just my opinion of course.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It seems there are regular rainbowfaces.   Based on the 1-2 cameos they have put a regular rainbowface char in.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I thought the rainbowfaces in LBT7 were awesome although I think they might have been Aliens they should appear in a TV series episode dispite how I'm not so fond of the show it did alot of bad things like: making Topsy a bit nicer,saying farewell to Ali's LBT4 personality,making Hyp look younger,taking Doc's "Lone Dinosaur" identity away from him(he gets a mate).

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There's a fanfic on ff.net that attempts to explain them.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Those lovely memories!

Was it Poker Face, no Rainbow Face!

Well, I have a fic idea about them. :D