The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Rainbow Faces

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I always thought that they weren't Aliens, that they were humans from the future using machines to change their appearance. They came back to study Dinosaurs.

In fact, when I first found this forum (Quite a while ago, but I didn't join), I read the unfinished story about some kids wishing upon a star, and ending up in the GV. I actually (at the time) planned to get an account and offer to finish the story. I was going to have the characters run into the Rainbowfaces, then at the end, do something with them (Like go into a strange cave or something) to get back to the present. Then they would all wake up where they were, with one character having something that would prove they were really there. Then, a park ranger would arrive, and tell the kids to leave, saying that this was trespassing. After they left, the ranger would get out a walkie-talkie, tell a "Mr Grosvenor" that the research was proceeding well, and he and a female ranger would head off into a strange cave...

(So yeah. Maybe the Rainbowfaces were spies for Universal. After all, they do have Doc Emmit L Brown on their side...)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
do you remember what the title of the story was?  After reading your discription I want to read it.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Found it!

A Wish Upon A Star

It was written quite a while ago by the user Threehorn, but it got abandoned. Shame it didn't get too far, it was interesting.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe you can pick up where that person left off, or start your own based on that one.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Oh, knowing me, I'd probably never finish it. I always start writing notes, and plan the story, but when it comes to writing it, I get writers block and give up.

If I can find my notes and ideas I had about this, I might post them. I know I had a vague idea of how to continue the story, and a few ideas for chapters...

I wonder if I should post a similar idea I had regarding dinotopia? It was a story about how I would get there. I've got a chapter list, and a planned out story, but I haven't actually written it.
EDIT: It's in the written word section.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've gotten writer's block many times when working on my stories and that never stopped me,getting it once is nothing compared to what could happen.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
On the contrary Belmont, writer's block can derail
stories forever, if the problem is large enough (i.e. Time constraints, life, huge plot problem).

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I wouldn't have minded these characters if they didn't leave the way they did in the final scene. I like to pretend it didn't happen, and they just walked off with the leaving herd, while a spectacular beam struck the land in front of littlefoot. But that's uh, retarded.

Aliens do not belong in the lbt series, as cool as they can be.

Aerodactyl

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I personally liked the Rainbowfaces, I don't see why aliens don't belong in the Land Before Time world, who is to say that aliens didn’t visit our world long ago, I'm not sure what there mission really was, but I'm curios about all that stuff about things not being aloud.

Even though I think they are aliens, there are other possibilities that have been pointed out, spirits, humans, they could really be anything.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I didn't mind them. I thought their voices were a bit annoying, but as characters, they were definitely interesting.

Bruton the Iguanodon

They're awesome. I like to think they're brother and sister, the way they argue.  :lol

It was...interesting to see aliens in the LBT world, to put it mildly. If they make another LBT film I hope they bring them back!  :exactly

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again…I love them!! :OhYou

I was watching the Stone of Cold Fire again recently, looking for some good poses to put the Rainbow Faces in for a fanart project I’ve been working on, and I now have yet another thing to appreciate about them—the animators did a really nice job giving these characters unique body language and mannerisms. Both characters have specific hand motions and poses they seem particularly fond of, and it’s good to see detail like that put into a low-budget DTV movie. It would’ve been so easy for the animators to just take the same approach to both Rainbow Faces for the sake of ease, you know? But you can pay close attention to them, and they feel like individuals. (Now, if only the colorists could keep their different shades of green straight, but that’s another story!)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
It’s certainly weird to have sudden aliens out of nowhere, but I don’t personally mind it, it’s unique and memorable which is all I can really ask for. It wasn’t egregiously overplayed, really just one scene at the very end, and considering how repetitive some of the movies are, it’s a refreshing change of pace.

Probably for the best these guys didn’t reappear in a TV episode though

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on March 05, 2024, 05:34:57 AM
It’s certainly weird to have sudden aliens out of nowhere, but I don’t personally mind it, it’s unique and memorable which is all I can really ask for.

I think the randomness of putting aliens in LBT was honestly one of the best things about the Rainbow Faces. As a kid, I was fascinated by stories of supposed alien sightings and wanted to have an encounter myself—spoiler alert, it didn’t happen, haha, but I thought it was the next best thing to see aliens pop up in LBT, a cartoon I was obsessed with that certainly wasn’t known for that kind of twist! My four-year-old self was MIND-BLOWN when the Rainbow Faces left!

It wasn’t egregiously overplayed, really just one scene at the very end, and considering how repetitive some of the movies are, it’s a refreshing change of pace.

Yeah, they got the perfect amount of screen time if you ask me. I think what always made the Rainbow Faces stand out from other alien characters I knew of were the things you didn’t get to know about them. They just randomly showed up, said and did some mysterious things, left the dinosaurs with a lesson, and only revealed themselves when they took off. They really did follow the same template as a lot of the “real-life” alien stories, shrouded in all that mystery…That was what kept the Rainbow Faces interesting!

I always felt like some of the best LBT movies were the ones that weren’t afraid to be kind of gimmicky. It really did help them stick out among the rest.

Probably for the best these guys didn’t reappear in a TV episode though

I’ll confess that when I was little, I had really high hopes that this would happen and was upset when it didn’t. I still kind of wish the Rainbow Faces would’ve been in there, actually. Yeah, it’s definitely possible the show might’ve made a stupid storyline with them, but if that had been the case, I would’ve ultimately disregarded it like I do with all the other TV episodes I don’t like. :p Although one of the things that would’ve annoyed me the most, which also is something I can easily imagine the TV show doing with these characters, would be not bringing back their original voices despite the actors still being alive at the time. I hated when that show did that, even though I knew why it often happened (budget).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 10:17:56 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They are one of the reasons the seventh movie is my favorite of the sequels.

MoonGoji

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I remember thinking that the 7th movie wasn't the best one, but the Rainbow faces were highlights for me. Not even sure why I liked them.  :rainbowThinking I'll have to rewatch