The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A new world...Same old faces

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail wanted to be happy that their group was finally free from the caves, but he sighed...as he could see the way the valley looked...it was black, and dead...far worse than he'd even imagined. He shed a single tear and then his fear set in again for his herd who were supposed to be in the valley mountains and he immediately took flight and prayed he wasn't too late to help them.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Hmm, I suppose we should go outside and look if there are any survivors. Then he looked through the folks. You all seem to look exhausted. I am too, but I could carry one or two of you. So, anybody wants a ride, he adressed to the others.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ruby and Zaine had finally managed to find Littlefoot and she was so happy about it she couldn't help but hug Littlefoot as she greeted him.
"I'm so glad you are safe, cause that means you found a safe place to be safe."
Ruby however turned her head to the valley walls southern most point as she heard an ear piercing cry of what sounded like pain. "Oh dear...that can't be good." she said out loud.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well, we almost all but have to help Longtail make sure his herd is ok" Kit told the others as to what she, Twiz and Petrie would be doing next.

"Yeah, I promised him" Twiz said, and then the three adult flyers, with Twiz feeling bad that Kit had to once again babysit his son, but knowing she would have to hang back with the little one of danger did arise, flapped off after Longtail in his pursuit of his herd.

"Longtail!" Twiz cried as they got closer, still not sure what they would find, "we--we're here to help" he said once they'd reached the other flyer.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot hugged Ruby back. "I'm just glad to see you're ok Ruby!" He then looked at Zaine. "How are you holding up Zaine?"

Zaine nodded. "I'm fine. I'm glad to see somebody's still alive around here. I was so worried everybody was gone, just like or valley is."

Littlefoot sighed. "This is terrible, but we can't stop and do nothing. We have to find other survivors."

Just then the two longnecks heard the cry of pain that Ruby mentioned. Littlefoot shuddered at the sound. "Oh man, I think someone's in trouble."

"We have to go and help them!" Zaine agreed.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Pearl?" Cera cried, "What happened?".  Cera was starting to get flashes of the event, but she still had no idea what had happened, the large bump on her head the likely culprit.

------------------------------

Ali had  been wandering through the caves for a long time before she heard voices ahead.  As she ran towards the voices she heard what sounded like a large rock being moved and saw a light ahead.  She walked out of the newly made cave entrance and saw several dinosaurs in the distance.  "Guys!  Wait up!" she cried after them.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was standing on the edge of what should've been several dozen nests in the face of the valley wall...but his eyes were unfocused...his breathing short and quick. In front of his lay the dead members of his herd...almost all of them too. At that moment his emotions were running through him like the fast water used to run though the valley and all Longtail could do was sit there in shock....and finally one emotion sadness overtook his body as he collapsed on the ground and gave a loud screech filling the air of the cave and most of the valley...crying for his herd members  and partly for himself knowing he'd left them to die...and he was too much a coward to help them in their time of need....He cried out again and several more times not having the strength to look further into the cave.

~~~~

Ruby nodded her head.
"Don't worry I'm sure we'll find the others...cause we find each much easier when we need to." she said with a smile.

~~~~

Pearl landed in front of Cera with a frown, but asked, "Are you alright? You have a bump on your head...that might be the reason you don't remember alot...but once we catch up to Littlefoot and Ruby, we can try to help you remember."

~~~~

Dil turned around and noticed Ali.
"Hey, isn't that one of your longnecked friends?" She asked to Chomper

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yeah, she is," responded Chomper. "Hey Ali!" he waved.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OCC: Ehm. Again I don¥t understand something. Doesn¥t this game include the grown-up characters of the gang? If so, how could a big longneck like Littlefoot hug Ruby? Just curious.

IC: Shorty turned his head and smiled. Ali, you are save. It¥s good to see that.

Meanwhile Ecco heard Longtail¥s cry. Oh no, I hope I am not coming too late. Comment Hunter, we have to find the one who¥s crying, he may be in big trouble. He then started off running, going after the sound of the crying.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Being so close to catching up anyway, Petrie, Kit and Twiz all cringed at the doubly loud cry Longtail let out.

"That...sounds not too good..." Petrie said, knowing how obvious what he just said was.

"Kit, you and Flip stay here" Twiz said, "I'm gonna...".

"but I want to come help him t-", Kit paused at the look Twiz, who had also been helpless to stop his whole herd from perishing, sent her that crowding was not what Longtail needed right now.

Even Petrie seemed to decided to let Twiz take it atleast for the first bit as the two landed nearby. "Ok, just...call us if you need us" Petrie said. Twiz nodded and flapped over.

Yeah...it was bad he could tell once he got up on it, and glancing over he noticed Longtail wasn't doing much better, not that one could blame him.

He knew Longtail didn't want someone to tell him it wasn't his fault, he'd have just argued that, so Twiz simply reached out and placed a hand on Longtail's shoulder, letting that say it all.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
OOC: Even fully grown Littlefoot could've leaned over to let Ruby hug his head, or she could have hugged his foot...it's not impossible...:DD

IC:

Longtail could feel Twiz's hand on his shoulder, but in honesty it did little if nothing to help dull the pain in his heart. He couldn't or didn't want to feel anything anymore, no pain, or sadness or even anger and pity...but all those emotions continued to wash over his heart like a storm...and no longer having the strength to screech out loud he just stood still rooted to his foot hold and cried like a new born hatchling.
It would be several more moments before the flyer found the will to speak and even when he did he was doubting himself..."I...I wasn't strong enough...or...f-fast enough....to help them....they needed me...and...I was...u-useless...I'm not fit...to lead..and this proves it..."

~~~

Hunter felt that Ecco may have been right and raced after him knowing where she had to go.

~~~

Dil narrowed her eyes for a moment before they widened again as she remembered that name! "YOU?! The little longneck who beat me and Ichy all those cold times ago?!? It can't be you!" Dil commented rather stunned.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ecco ran, following the way the cry came from. Then he faced Littlefoot and the others. What the..??? Littlefoot? You? But how... do you know where the cry came from and who it was? Then he slowed down a bit and smiled. I am glad that you are alive.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Twiz frowned, trying to find something to say, but...could you speak on something you found yourself feeling guilty of too, anything Twiz thought he could find to try and comfort Longtail with was something he felt he should be telling himself, yet...

"Longtail...the Valley itself and the Mysterious Beyond are all but...gone, I mean the ground's here but in all ways that matter..." he was rambling. "I...I don't know anyone who can...fight that; even the great Great Valley protector I've heard Kit brag on you for being so many times" he tried to smile, but it hardly came.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was about to turn around and tell something to Twiz, when he heard a  voice call out from further inside the cave.

"L-longtail...is..is that you?"

Longtail immediately looked up and could see a few dozen flyers stepping out of the caves...and Longtail felt his eyes fill with tears as he rushed forward and hugged the first flyer he saw.

"You're okay!!! I...I thought I'd lost all of you...h-how did you survive?!" Asked Longtail franticly.

The beige flyer smiled widely as he said, "Well being inside the caves helped alot...and...I-I'm sorry....but Pearl was outside the caves when this...tragedy happened..."

Longtails eyes widened...and he stopped breathing for a moment. "S-she...what..."

~~~

Dil grinned. "Ya know kid....I've waited along time to see you again....but now...I can't do anything to get back at you." she said aloud.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We should just be glad we're alive," Greg said, staying close to his parents.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Twiz grinned at the knowledge and sight that atleast some of Longtail's herd was alive, yet then came the news on Pearl...and he frowned.

Immediately he thought of his own lost mate, and because he knew what such a pain was like so well, knew that words would be very useless in this case.

Twiz just glanced up at the still black sky, "Why..." was all he said, in a barely audible whisper, not really asking anyone in particular. A few tears trickled down his beak, for Pearl, for Longtail's pain, for his own lost mate, poor Flip who would be mother-less if he could manage to get his son through this alive even, for...everyone.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I¥ll go out and look if everything is alright, Shorty said after a while as he didn¥t hear something any more. With that he stepped out of the cave and headed for the direction Longtail walked. As he saw him with some of his other flyer friends he gave a short smile of relief. Is everything alright over there, he asked.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'm glad to see there are other survivors," Chomper said, "But the Great Valley is is ruins."