The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land before time Theory

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Hello! :)littlefoot

So last couple days i was searching for good Land before time fanfictions when i stumbled upon one, with an interesting theory. He dubbed it as a theory that was common known by Land before time fans (I did not though).
The theory goes like this:

In the first movie when the gang of five was traveling to The Great Valley that noone made it. Except they all died to the journey, and they were all reunited in The Great Valley which is described by Wikia as "A heaven for flattooths",
So my question is: Is this theory known greatly? And if so, do you believe or don't believe in it? And if you believe in it; why do you believe in it?

I don't believe in it myself because it's to sad to see all the characters die  :(petrie  

Thanks!  ^^spike
The universe has a beginning, but no end. —Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
It the wise who are the most foolish. History has taught us as much.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.
- Steins;Gate (anime / visual novel)

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.retrorobby.com
I would say its an interesting Theory but its also very dark. To me if it happened this way then I don't think there could be much more to the plot. At least that's the way I would see it.

So for me I don't believe in this theory.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This theory is not unheard of and I know there had been discussions about this before but searching for them might take a few minutes ^^spike

My take on it: Well, while I really can't believe that such an interpretation of the first movie could have been intended by Don Bluth and the team of people working on the story, I can't ignore the fact that it kinda works with what the movie shows us. I don't believe this theory to be true but I won't say it's just rubbish either :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I was shocked when I read this theory first time, years ago...

I have a question.
It is said on LBTWiki:
However, this has been denied by Don Bluth
Is that truth?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,May 31 2016 on  02:45 AM
I was shocked when I read this theory first time, years ago...

I have a question.
It is said on LBTWiki:
However, this has been denied by Don Bluth
Is that truth?
Well, you can fanfic the theory since it can be true but if the maker said it is not then i think its truth? I guess
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
No, I mean, don't trust what Wiki says if there's no link to the source. :p
6/14
0/26

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
This theory was very popular before the first sequel came out. It's an interesting interpretation of the first film, and it kind of makes sense due to the mystical way the finale of the film unfolded.

However, this theory was debunked by Don Bluth himself, I believe there's an interview outthere somewhere. Afterall, The Land Before Time is still a kids movie, and such a metaphor is too complex for young minds to process. It's just a way for grown up fans of the film to theorize and keep it interesting.

Worry not, the gang is alive and well, and going on 13 sequels and a TV series of adventures to prove it.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I see.  :)littlefoot

Only Sharptooth is dead...
 :cry

[size0]or is he?

----
question: was there any other grand, popular, shocking or interesting theories about LBT lore? Not only about original movie.
6/14
0/26

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,May 31 2016 on  09:14 AM
I see.  :)littlefoot

Only Sharptooth is dead...
 :cry

[size0]or is he?

----
question: was there any other grand, popular, shocking or interesting theories about LBT lore? Not only about original movie.
Snik, i think there's one about sharptooth being alive and is redclaw ? I think thats a theory out there. But still i might create a fanfic about that theory ( once i finish the other 2 i have )  ^^spike

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
shocking or interesting theories about LBT
The rainbowfaces being aliens in LBT 7  :smile

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,May 31 2016 on  09:59 AM
shocking or interesting theories about LBT
The rainbowfaces being aliens in LBT 7  :smile
Is it still theory if its kind of confirmed?

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Snik, i think there's one about sharptooth being alive and is redclaw ?
wait you mean theory about:
Original Sharptooth Rex = stupid silly raptor who can't catch his own tail "the most dangerous sharptooth who walks solid ground"
[size0]srsl loooooool aka Red Claw ?
 :lol

Nah, Red Claw can't even stand near Tyran.  :p
Hovewer, I'm going to turn Red Claw into "real Sharptooth" in my fanstories, if I want to create atmosphere similar to original movie...  

The rainbowfaces being aliens in LBT 7
well, I think authors wanted to tell us that.
 :smile
6/14
0/26

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I'm not entirely sure. The movie highly suggests that they are not just simple rainbowfaces with an unusual high amount of knowledge but some sort of alien because at the end they just disappear into space  :blink: Wouldn't say it's confirmed but most people believe that they are aliens (and it seems to bother quite a few members here). I personally liked this mysterious touch to their characters...

Sangiban

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,May 31 2016 on  04:28 PM
Well, I'm not entirely sure. The movie highly suggests that they are not just simple rainbowfaces with an unusual high amount of knowledge but some sort of alien because at the end they just disappear into space  :blink: Wouldn't say it's confirmed but most people believe that they are aliens (and it seems to bother quite a few members here). I personally liked this mysterious touch to their characters...
I suppose so. I would have liked a bit less mystery to their characters. I wanted some clues on their motive and background. As it was, we knew so little about them that they came across as a plot device. Their only real purpose was to motivate Pterano to go after the Stone. And, given what he learned about the Stone from Littlefoot, I think Pterano could have found motivation on his own. It would have just taken longer.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: NewOrder,May 31 2016 on  06:02 PM
However, this theory was debunked by Don Bluth himself, I believe there's an interview outthere somewhere. Afterall, The Land Before Time is still a kids movie, and such a metaphor is too complex for young minds to process.
I could be wrong, but I remember Bluth saying in that interview that an idea to make the Great Valley a representation of heaven was actually considered at the very ealy stage of development, but got quickly scrapped. As for kids not being able to process it... Come on, the final cut of the movie is still quite dark and heartbreaking. :D
Although I'm happy they chosen not to go that route.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sangiban,Jun 7 2016 on  03:28 PM
Well, I'm not entirely sure. The movie highly suggests that they are not just simple rainbowfaces with an unusual high amount of knowledge but some sort of alien because at the end they just disappear into space :blink: Wouldn't say it's confirmed but most people believe that they are aliens (and it seems to bother quite a few members here). I personally liked this mysterious touch to their characters...
I suppose so. I would have liked a bit less mystery to their characters. I wanted some clues on their motive and background. As it was, we knew so little about them that they came across as a plot device. Their only real purpose was to motivate Pterano to go after the Stone. And, given what he learned about the Stone from Littlefoot, I think Pterano could have found motivation on his own. It would have just taken longer.
I Don't think they only came there to give Pterano his motivation, i think they came there to explore and see how advanced the dinosaurs were, they also saw how Littlefoot's mind was a little more advanced than the others. And let Littlefoot learn a little bit from them.

Thats atleast what i think though.

And Coyote_A So am i, so am i.

Sangiban

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: jorrdy12,Jun 7 2016 on  08:40 PM
Quote from: Sangiban,Jun 7 2016 on  03:28 PM
Well, I'm not entirely sure. The movie highly suggests that they are not just simple rainbowfaces with an unusual high amount of knowledge but some sort of alien because at the end they just disappear into space :blink: Wouldn't say it's confirmed but most people believe that they are aliens (and it seems to bother quite a few members here). I personally liked this mysterious touch to their characters...
I Don't think they only came there to give Pterano his motivation, i think they came there to explore and see how advanced the dinosaurs were, they also saw how Littlefoot's mind was a little more advanced than the others. And let Littlefoot learn a little bit from them.

Thats atleast what i think though.

And Coyote_A So am i, so am i.
I think you're right, but I wish they'd been given a more substantial role. While they do give Littlefoot a few trinkets of wisdom (which of course the later sequels never built on), we hardly see them do any exploring after the meeting scene. The premise of aliens in a Land Before Time movie is intriguing, but it feels wasted. Well, at least we got a wonderful song out of the deal.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm going to give my two cents on these theories here:

The one that the Gang died and the Great Valley was just a metaphor for heaven is an interesting one, but honestly, I think it's baloney. That one would hold a lot more water for me if none of the sequels had happened. I hear some fans don't consider the sequels canon, so maybe it holds more water for them, but I do consider them canon, so I think the Gang is alive and well in the Great Valley.

Redclaw is the original Sharptooth?! Oh man, that one just cracks me up!! I think Redclaw is an utter joke compared to Sharptooth, so I think it's totally preposterous that Redclaw is Sharptooth.

As for the rainbowfaces, I think they're definitely aliens. It's pretty obvious that they're some kind of supernatural beings, and they strike me as being aliens. I've heard some people say they think the rainbowfaces are angels, but they seem more like aliens to me.