The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

jassy’s Fanart

jassy · 359 · 43970

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Maybe imgur is inaccessible here where I'm at (on vacation in turkey). Well, I see about it when I get home. Judging by the reviews I can expect something good :smile
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't have much to add to what others have said, but I wanted to agree with the consensus that your drawings are improving significantly.  The combination of these characters with expressive backgrounds further enhances the appeal of the overall work.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Thanks so much for the feedback, everyone! I’m glad you all liked the most recent ones I posted, even if they do have a few errors  :oops

Here’s another one, featuring a family of Compsognathuses (I probably spelled that completely wrong lol) barely waking up in the morning, or alternatively, ‘My dad has horrible morning breath and for some reason likes to aim it in my face every morning’  :cry

For this piece I decided to make the atmosphere a bit more relaxed and somewhat whimsical (is that even the right word) and I experimented with sparkles to try and highlight the scales so their bodies don’t just look completely flat. I hope you guys like it! :DD

"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
The sparkles did help with depth perception! They do give it that cel-shaded look as well.

The washed-out watercolor style of the green (forest?) background really compliments the sharp lineart in the foreground. Oh, and the look of disgust I sympathize with. Nice job!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you so much! I’m glad that the sparkles did what I intended!  :smile And I know, right? Poor kid :p

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
One of the best pictures of yours, if not the best! Bravo!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Aw, thank you so much, Sneak!  :smile

I’m trying to get into the habit of drawing at least once every day so I get practice, so here’s my attempt at very sloppily sketching Ali without a reference :DD

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
wish I wasn't lazy and didn't constantly lose inspiration, and practice every day like you... :'(

hmm, for some reason (facial expression and shape of eyebow bones?), she looks... manly. Like Shorty. :)
I think it should be fixed a bit, I dunno. Still awesome though!

6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah, it definitely could be fixed, lol  :lol guess I’ll just have to keep practicing. Thanks again, Sneak!

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
So nice! Lovely colours! Can't say that for my drawings :p
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was almost going to say the artstyle seemingly changed when I looked back and realized that the thick lines were consistent. :Mo

*thinks of something to say* Nice purple palette.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you, Flathead! Tbh your feedback helps me a lot, so it’s always great to hear from you
You're very welcome! I honestly don't know if I'm being to critical or negative in my feedback so it's good to know that it's not the case. :smile

Oh my. I'm gone for one weekend and there's a bunch of new drawings here! :p

Alright, for the one of Crim, it looks great with no real noticeable flaws. The neck might be a little off in some way? And maybe a distinction between the water and sky in the background would help but other then that you did a fantastic job!

Same goes with the next one. I actually don't have any criticism on this one, everything looks good in my book! (and I agree that the sparkle type effect helps with the making it look like scales). Awesome!

And for the last one, it's nice to see some canon characters in your artwork. A quick pointer is that longnecks pretty much all have their nostrils up further on their bulge in between their eyes (only ones I can think of that has nostrils like that are the tinysauruses).

Overall that's some real good improvements you've made over your last few drawings! Looks like I'll need to step up my game haha.

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
So nice! Lovely colours! Can't say that for my drawings :p

Thank you, Zero! :DD

I was almost going to say the artstyle seemingly changed when I looked back and realized that the thick lines were consistent. :Mo

*thinks of something to say* Nice purple palette.

Thank you!! Yep, I love me some thick lines  :SmugSpike

Thank you, Flathead! Tbh your feedback helps me a lot, so it’s always great to hear from you
You're very welcome! I honestly don't know if I'm being to critical or negative in my feedback so it's good to know that it's not the case. :smile

Oh my. I'm gone for one weekend and there's a bunch of new drawings here! :p

Alright, for the one of Crim, it looks great with no real noticeable flaws. The neck might be a little off in some way? And maybe a distinction between the water and sky in the background would help but other then that you did a fantastic job!

Same goes with the next one. I actually don't have any criticism on this one, everything looks good in my book! (and I agree that the sparkle type effect helps with the making it look like scales). Awesome!

And for the last one, it's nice to see some canon characters in your artwork. A quick pointer is that longnecks pretty much all have their nostrils up further on their bulge in between their eyes (only ones I can think of that has nostrils like that are the tinysauruses).

Overall that's some real good improvements you've made over your last few drawings! Looks like I'll need to step up my game haha.

Nah, you’re good, lol  and thank you so much! I’m really glad you like my most recent pieces!  :smile

Here’s some more rough colored sketches, this time of my Diplodocus character whom I came up with out of the blue one day. She was part of a nest of six, and her mother left them to fend for themselves after laying the eggs (apparently sauropods are like turtles, they lay their eggs in a hole in the dirt, cover up the hole and leave, lol  :lol). Once she and her siblings hatched, they stayed in the shelter of a forest, until two of her siblings were unintentionally killed by the bopper of a clubtail. Then, a few years later another sibling was killed in a fire, leaving only her and her brother and sister. So, now in their mid teens, they live out their days in the mysterious beyond, searching for a bigger herd to join so they’ll finally be safe.

To be honest, I have no idea what to name her (I’m thinking Misty, but I’m still debating it), but now I really want to write something with her in it :p

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The light-dark hue of gray are very appealing (I almost typed appalling lol :smile). It's probably the muted colors that give the Diplodocus an aura of friendliness and approach ability... at least the top one.

The bottom closeup looks like she's ready to wreck something. :sducky

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Again, this is a very nice set of pictures and especially the group of hatchlings is really sweet. It has some of the best and smoothest colors and expressions I've seen from you and the whole layout is just adorable and it could easily be your best picture thus far. The two latter ones are colored sketches but they still prove your ability to replicate a multitude of different emotions, most notably with the Diplodocus poses. Excellent job, especially with the first one! :^^spike

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
The light-dark hue of gray are very appealing (I almost typed appalling lol :smile). It's probably the muted colors that give the Diplodocus an aura of friendliness and approach ability... at least the top one.

The bottom closeup looks like she's ready to wreck something. :sducky

Thank you! I actually used a copic based color palette for this one  :smile and as for the bottom close up, she probably saw her brother and sister doing something stupid again :p

Again, this is a very nice set of pictures and especially the group of hatchlings is really sweet. It has some of the best and smoothest colors and expressions I've seen from you and the whole layout is just adorable and it could easily be your best picture thus far. The two latter ones are colored sketches but they still prove your ability to replicate a multitude of different emotions, most notably with the Diplodocus poses. Excellent job, especially with the first one! :^^spike

Thank you so much, Sovereign! :DD

Damn, it seems that all I have energy for lately is rough sketches. All these missed pharmacy labs are really kicking my butt  :cry But here’s another very rough (and probably filled with mistakes) sketch, this time of Misty! I decided to stick with that as the name for my Diplodocus character, as I think it fits her. Although she seems very innocent and approachable, you can never quite tell what’s on her mind. She’s mysterious, like the mist  :SmugSpike

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The mist surrounding the left portion of the picture is a nice touch. I like the contrast between the dark gray body and sky blue background... gives it that pop-out aura.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, nice job again! The expression looks great here and it makes the whole feeling of the picture quite good. The anatomy also works very nicely here and overall, the character is solidly done. The background could be a bit more detailed but other than that, good work! :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here I am late again :p

These sketches are looking very nice and I agree that it's a good colour scheme that you've chosen for her.

And it's understandable that school is eating into your spare drawing time. All of my University time was spent doing homework :lol I'll be looking forward to your next drawing whenever you get the chance! :smile