The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Continuing Saga

Pterano · 535 · 56565

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mr. Threehorn, hearing about the split up, walked up proudly. "Well, I suppose I should lead a group of my own. So. who's with me?"

Chomper took one look at the grouchy old threehorn, and darted off towards Pterano and Littlefoot.  Cutter, not knowing what was going on, as usual, followed him. "I guess I'll go with you then. It's just that you...know about me, so I feel a little more comfortable with you, Littlefoot."

<Hey, what's going on? Did they say I could stay?> Cutter spoke up.

<Yeah, I guess you can stay.>

<You guess?>

<Well, it's just that the grownups are really busy right now, and they didn't really have time for you. They...didn't say you had to leave, so I guess you can stay.>

<Well...okay. If you say so.> Cutter was feeling strange. This group he was with was very diverse. Most of them couldn't understand him, some were scared of him, some just seemed to hate him. Littlefoot was the only flattooth he had really been around much, but even he seemed a little bit uneasy about the little fast biter. He always felt like he didn't know what was going on, since he couldn't hear all the conversations the leafeaters were having.

Mr. Threehorn looked around the congregation again. "So, who's with me?"
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
The moment Pterano asked his question, his sister frowned, sighing and trying to figure out how to tell her what they had just realized and been discussing. Grandpa Longneck took over that though. Shock over the sudden news on Pterano's promotion would have come if other news hadn't lodged itself in first. Ducky frowned as they were told of the Great Valley's condition. They would have to live out in the Mysterious Beyond for a bit...again.

"Hasn't this happened enough" Harper sighed; and just when she'd felt relieved at their making it back home!

Ridge was disappointed as well but...well he and his herd had lived out here enough, he just steeled himself with determination again. Then came the big question over who would follow Pterano, really. It was understandable if none did, they all had excuses, and so it did sort of lay how Littlefoot had said, all in trust.

"Well" Ridge's mother surprised him, at least, when she spoke, "I know I don't know the flyer as well as you all do, so it probably doesn't mean as much, but young Littlefoot has a point and I'll throw my vote of confidence in on our appointed temp as well; that fine with you all?" she turned to both her son, mate, and their small bit of a herd.

"Y-yeah, of course" Ridge said, then smiled. His father went with the plan as well, giving his own nod.

Ducky had been silently thinking and now glanced up to her mother, "Momma..." she began.

Mrs. Swimmer sighed, "I sort of expected you would be saying this..." it was a big step for her too, as she glanced to Pterano and considered. The flyer had once caused the worst kind of pain and worry to hit her while being in charge of her daughter without anyone's permission back during his last visit. Also she knew of the mislead herd as well as the others from their traveling group at the time.

But that was sort of why Ducky had to do this, and why she had to let her. With another sigh she nodded. Ducky skipped over to Littlefoot.

"I'll scout for you and whoever comes with you, Mr. Threehorn" Mrs. Flyer told the threehorn, nodding to him.

Harper...just stood there not seeming to look at anyone for a bit and just watching everyone else line up as they would. She trusted her uncle now, of course, as she'd said, but...everything in her wanted to stay by and with her mother. If anything happened and she wasn't even there to try to help...but then that logic went with Petrie as well, and she knew where he was most likely going. The young flyer let out a sigh.

Her mother seemed to sense all this, and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Harper...it...it would be...", much as she was trying to show her own faith in her brother, Mrs. Flyer found the sentence hard to get out. A big part of her still wanted to halt Petrie's plan, though for said reasons of trust she didn't.

Harper let out a sigh, coming to her decision and turning to face her uncle. "I trust you, believe me I do, but...she needs me" she said, thumbing over her shoulder at her mother, "to help with those she's gotta lead". While she'd made up her mind, Harper did look sorry of how she knew this must look and worried at casting any doubts towards Pterano by her doing this. "I'm not saying the others won't help but..." she glanced to make sure her other siblings weren't listening. They were out of earshot. "...well they won't take it as serious as they should and someone's gotta make sure mom doesn't tire herself scouting". Mrs. Flyer just looked a bit stunned at daughter's devotion.

"I...I'm sorry" Harper went on in a low voice to her uncle, feeling she should say it.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
((Heheh, sorry for the awkwardness, Mama's Girl, but I think it's sort of funny, too. XD))

"Of course." Littlefoot said, smiling at Chomper. "I think you're better with me anyway." he glanced around to make sure Cera wasn't in earshot, and then spoke right into Chomper's ear. "And just between you and me... Mr. Threehorn might... you know... push you off a ledge or something by 'accident'." his statement came with a solemn look over in Mr. Threehorn's direction, though he knew he was too far for the grown up to hear him.

Littlefoot felt his confidence soar a little when Ducky and Mrs. Swimmer decided to give Pterano their vote. Ducky was actually trusting Petrie's uncle? And so was Ridge and his parents! "Hey, Ridge!" Littlefoot said, grinning at him and tapping him on his side with the top of his head. "Good to have you along. I guess that means Harper will be coming with us too... huh?" he asked, suddenly realizing that Harper had rather different intentions.

The longneck watched as Harper explained her position and reasoning. Mr. Threehorn DID need a scout after all... and separating a mother from her child was a lot to ask, and vice versa.

Pterano looked down at his niece with his usual attentive nature, nodding with a long face as he realized she wouldn't be coming with him. "I understand, Harper." he said, reaching out to place a hand on her shoulders. He was also disappointed that his sister wouldn't be coming with him either, but knew the other group needed at least one flyer with them. "It's alright. Your mother needs you more than I do." he stated, nodding. "I'll see you in a few days, hopefully."

Norton stood by his father, already knowing which direction he'd take. He needed to judge for himself after all, and this was the best way to do so.

"Gee... no Harper... you uh... OK with that Ridge? You've always been with her, and well... now... this might be the first time you've been apart!" Littlefoot commented, suddenly realizing just HOW he'd made that sound, and clamping his mouth shut to avoid saying anymore. Drat! He didn't mean it as if they... well, liked each other, after all! It sort of reminded him of Petrie and Ducky, in a way, as those two were absolute best friends. He only hoped he hadn't embarrassed the spiketail with that question.

Grandpa Longneck headed over to Mr. Threehorn, a frown on his face. "We'll go with you... but on ONE condition." he still scowled down at the threehorn. "You are NOT the leader of this group! We make our decisions as a unit, NOT as one individual threehorn." the longneck said, narrowing his eyes. "Understood?"

"Ha! That sounds like a rather good idea." Pterano said, overhearing what Grandpa Longneck was saying. He turned to his own group. "How does that sound? I may have been appointed overall head of this group, and I suppose I should have final say in times of crisis, but why don't we try and make our decisions majority rules, yes?" he asked, looking about him from the swimmer to the spiketails.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"Sure!" Petrie agreed, landing on his favorite-perhaps his one and only-uncle's shoulder.

"Eh, sounds good to me." Devon replied, leaning against a tree trunk nearby. "So where are we heading off to first, old flyer?" he said that with a smirk to emphasize that he was teasing.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Why thank you for the offer, Mrs. Flyer. You're the only flyer here that I feel comfortable with, so I'd be honored to have you along!"

Mr. threehorn didn't really understand it when the old longneck talked to him sternly about not being the leader. "Well, if you want to lead this group, I wouldn't really mind. Besides, I'd rather have you with us than that...flyer."

Looking over at the crazy spelunkers brigade, Mr. threehorn thought it was pretty funny actually that Littlefoot was wanting to go with Pterano. To the old threehorn, Littlefoot seemed a lot like Pterano. As in, crazy, and always wanting to go out on some adventure, dragging others along with him, and nearly getting them killed every time. He never admitted it, but he absolutely despised Littlefoot for being such an awful influence on his Little Cera. Night after night he had to have talks with Cera about going yet another insane and stupid quest with the longneck. The crazy old flyer and the crazy little longneck could go adventuring straight into the jaws of a sharptooth for all he cared!

On that thought, he noticed that Cera was sort of sitting on the sidelines, not sure yet as to who to go with. He stomped up to his daughter to give her a greeting. "Ah, welcome back my little threehorn! I'm so glad to see you back! I was so worried about you, I had no idea where you could have gone off too! So, how was it? I know getting stuck with that... flyer must have been pretty frightening. Sorry I wasn't there for you, but I just could not find you in all of that chaos and confusion yesterday. Also, It must have been pretty scary being with two sharpteeth for this long."

"...wait. There's three of the little menaces here now! What the tail is going on here!?"

Chomper, overhearing Mr. Threehorn yelling, walked up slowly to the angry old dinosaur. "Um, his name is Cutter, Mr. Threehorn...sir." He spoke it out pretty nervously, as he never liked having to talk to this character. "Uh, like I told Grampa already, he's a nice sharptooth, like me, so he wouldn't ever think of hurting any of us. And besides, just look at him. He's so tiny!"

"Oh, sure, why don't we just let ALL the sharpteeth in the Great Valley now. I mean, we're already going in that direction now! What's it going to be tomorrow, Chomper? A belly dragger you decide to call Gary? Or how about some lady sharptooth called Rita? Pah!"

"Well to be honest, Mr. Threehorn...I don't really see what's so bad with this. I mean, if a sharptooth his nice enough, he should be given a chance, right?"

"You know, Chomper? I remember a time when not a single sharptooth was allowed in the Great Valley walls...I think I'm starting to miss those days."

Chomper walked back to Littlefoot. "Yeah, I think your right about Mr. Threehorn, Littlefoot. Uh, maybe we should look out for Cutter? I'm sure he'd knock him off a cliff by "accident" too."

The friendly little sharptooth now turned to Pterano with a question. "Hey, Mr. Pterano? I just have a little something to ask. You flyers are kinda like me, right? What I mean is you eat meat too. I never saw Petrie do it before, but I've heard that flyers like you eat fish. Is that true, or did I hear wrong?"
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot could only roll his eyes at Mr. Threehorn's words. Oh come on... it wasn't like they were just inviting all sharpteeth in. He could see how it would be easy for Mr. Threehorn to make that statement, though.

Hyp was wandering over now, smirking as he folded his arms. "Heh... guess someone's gotta make sure you hatchlings don't hurt yourselves."

"Oh? I thought sharpteeth made you nervous." the longneck said, giving his own smirk.

"Eh... it's better than going with that whacko threehorn. Cera's dad blows his top every five minutes. I'd rather stick it out with a flyer who at least doesn't lose his temper all THAT much." Hyp explained, looking over in Pterano's direction. "This group is the more natural choice. Better this than listening to a raging threehorn every so many hours." he said, shaking his head.

"Heh... I guess you're right. Hey Chomper." Littlefoot greeted him as the sharptooth returned. "Hyp's gonna be joining us and yes... Cutter should come along too. We DON'T want him going with Mr. Threehorn." he said, pursing his lips.

Pterano was stretching his wings a little, closing his eyes and running through exercises it seemed. He was breathing in and out, inhaling and exhaling as he heard Devon ask him about their destination. "Well... although I hate to turn this into a competition... I've spent far more time out in the Mysterious Beyond than the others have." he explained. "I know of a place we can travel to. It's lush, green, and has plenty of water... although... I just hope nothing's happened to it, as it's not quite as sheltered as the Great Valley." he admitted. "I can't remember exactly how long it takes to get there... and NO idea how long it takes on foot." he confessed, opening his eyes. "I've always flown there, after all." He stated scanning the faces, looking for that female flyer, and wondering if she'd like to join his group.

"Either way though, I feel it gives me an advantage." he said, a determined look crossing his features. "Finally... something I may in fact be able to do right." Looking down at Chomper, he noted briefly that Hyp and his father had wandered over, and were standing amongst his group. "Oh? Fish? Yes... we do eat fish. Petrie probably isn't quite old enough to yet... but I do eat fish." he confirmed, nodding. "In terms of having sharpteeth... I have them... but flyers like Mr. Rinkus and Mr. Sierra have much more pronounced teeth than I do. Why do you ask?"

(runner up)
(runner up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
((Don't mind at all, it is kinda funny :DD))

Harper smiled as Pterano...well SEEMED to understand and not mind. Eithway she was just glad she hadn't offended or made things worse on how the Valley saw him. "I hope so" she answered sincerely to his saying that they'd perhaps meet back up in a few days.

Ridge had just been getting over his own surprise at Harper's decision, though it did make sense he understood, when Littlefoot's question hit him. The question also seemed to draw the attention of some of his herd and Ducky, at least. He understood the longneck hadn't meant it how it came out exactly and smiled his best, "Uh well, she was doing fine until I came here so...I'm sure she'll be fine".

Having still been near their group, and just about to flap over to her mother again, Harper also caught the words and gave a small smile, yeah now might be a bad time to add Ridge into the farewells, so she just gave a small nod before flapping back over to her mother.

"Sounds like a very good idea" Mrs. Spiketail nodded. "Both the voting and this place of yours. Really, I am having a hard time believing you're the same flyer everyone was...well...putting down before".

"Well, he's apparently a bit mended" Ducky's mother gave her answer with a small smile.

Mrs. Flyer smiled to herself as Mr. Threehorn got sort of defensive about what the elder longneck said. She also was use to the...discussion between these two though. "Well, I suppose we should started with spotting out the best direction to begin heading in then, huh?"

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Devon shrugged as he listened to his father's plans. "Okay, sounds good to me. It's been a while since I've last been there."

Petrie nodded in agreement.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cera smiled brightly at her father as he stepped over to embrace her. But she naturally rolled her eyes when she heard him beginning to talk about the sharpteeth. She muzzled her father to regain his attention and without thinking about it, knew exactly what she was going to say as she opened her mouth. "Daddy! You don't have to worry about me! I'm a threehorn and all threehorns are able to take care of themselves!" she then looked behind her and smiled. "And my friends helped too I guess." she added with a laugh.

Ruby giggled as she stepped forward to speak with Cera and her dad. "Oh Mr.Threehorn I can promise you that these three sharpteeth are harmless... because they didn't harm us during our adventure. You can trust them." she commented with a quiet but confident tone in her voice.

For the first time in a very long time, Cyrix was stunned into silence. He was surprised at how quickly the children had been found outside the valley, and even more impressed with the way Pterano handled the entire situation especially after hearing his past misdeeds, but even all that still had as little effect as seeing and hearing Littlefoot talk to his grandfather about making his own decisions. He walked over to Littlefoot and grinned as he spoke. "You Littlefoot really do take after your grandparents. And I'm sure once we find your father, he too will be so very proud of you."

Cyrix then stepped over to Pterano and gave a friendly smile as he extended his hand hoping Pterano would return the gesture. "It is an honor and privilege to meet you Pterano. I know stories about you are.... exaggerated, but rest assured since this is our first time meeting, I hold no ill will towards you. As I'm sure you've heard you and I will be temporarily taking Grandpa Longnecks place on the valley herd until we can find Bron, and I would be more than happy to help refresh any forgotten rules or issues that come up during a meeting."

Longtail was beyond happy that his friends were safe and even a few more sharpteeth had been found that were like Chomper. But something in the back of his mind continued to cast a dark cloud on everything he thought about. He looked around at the several dozen valley members and he visibly shuddered as he felt a chill run down his spine. He truly couldn't explain it, but something was making him unusually fearful, and it showed as several of his feathers fell off his body.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Uh, yes. That's right, my little Cera! Threehorns are the best at everything, so sorry I even worried! There wasn't any reason too worry, was there?" Mr.Threehorn just needed a little remark from his daughter to start off again on his pompous charade. "So, who are you going to be going with, then?"

Chomper tried to look on when Pterano tried showing his "sharpteeth" off. Tiny little white things, he could barely see them! Still, he was happy,. because this meant he had another option for finding something to eat. "Well, I was just asking because... maybe if there's a lake or river on the way to where we're going, you could catch a few fish for me and Cutter if we get hungry. Hmm, or maybe you could even teach me how to fish!"

Cutter, looking around the group, found a little glider that didn't look too well. In fact, he was shivering, and several of his feather's were coming off. He scampered away from Pterano's group for a moment to see what was the matter. He walked up to Longtail, and asked <What's the matter? Are you okay?> He didn't expect an answer, because he was trying to speak in sharptooth, but he figured the glider still needed help.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Wow... thanks, Mr. Cyrix!" Littlefoot said, smiling as he thought of how his father would see him now. In a very promising way, perhaps! It filled him with confidence, and caused him to beam at nothing in particular as Cyrix moved on to speak to Pterano.

The flyer was struggling to remember the route... across the river... past that rock bridge... the bubbling water... he blinked as Cyrix approached him now. He had caught what Mrs. Spiketail and Mrs. Swimmer had said about him, and he gave them both a small smile, nodding. "Well... I'm trying, at least." he said. In reality, his stomach was churning, as he knew the very great responsibility he now held. "I know it's probably a little hard to accept... but... ah! Mr. Cyrix!" the flyer proudly exclaimed, extending his hand to give the gray rainbow face's hand a shake.

He was a bit surprised to hear Cyrix use the words "privilege" and "honor" when describing their first meeting. "Ah... I... I don't know what to say!" he stated abashedly, pursing his lips as he continued listening to the rainbow face. "I have indeed heard that we'll be filling spots on the Great Valley Council!" his tone was almost excited, and his smile grew now as he spoke.

"Tell me though, is there any chance that you and Longtail will be going with my group?" he asked now. "I hate to... ask you like this, but as you're willing to help me, I thought that perhaps you might like going with us, and serving as another chaperone for the children, as you seem quite the capable creature, sir." the flyer gave him a nod, and turned to look at Chomper, who had been studying his teeth.

"Aha, yes! I'd be happy to collect some fish for you from rivers and lakes. That shan't be a problem at all." he confidently declared.

"Hey! That's great!" Littlefoot exclaimed. "You'll be able to eat now, and probably stay relatively full." he commented. He STILL hadn't told his friends just yet, and was keeping his eye on Cera, to see which group she'd choose.

Grandpa Longneck was nodding at Mrs. Flyer's suggestion. "Yes... well we should try and head in the opposite direction of Pterano... for practical reasons." the older longneck explained. "After all, we don't want to travel too closely together. It's not that I don't trust his judgment of course... but it would be easier to divide up duties amongst ourselves this way, I think, and less chance of missing a green spot." he said with resolution. "Does everyone like that idea?"

(runner up)
(runner up)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was so lost in his thoughts, that he didn't even see Cutter approaching until he heard him speaking. At that moment a few dozen feathers were sent sprawling in the air for several seconds before landing on the ground with Longtail looking more frazzled than before. The young glider then looked up after gather a few of his scattered thoughts and on sheer instinct responded to Cutter. <H-hi.... I... I think... I'm okay... j-just... nervous is all...> Even as he managed to calm his mind and body down, he still continued to shed feathers.

Cyrix gave a kind and reassuring smile as he shook Pterano's hand and replied to his question. "It would be our pleasure for Longtail and I to accompany you Pterano." He then paused a moment not sure if he should even be talking anymore about it, but then he knew that although Pterano had done a few misdeeds he was still trustworthy and that was more than enough reason for the rainbow face to speak the next line. "And perhaps we can 'talk' of several important matters along the way."

Cera looked to her father, and then back to her friends and suddenly faced a bigger decision than she was willing to admit to. She paced back and forth for several moments for one of the few times in her life, utterly confused as what to do. She wanted to go with her friends, simply on the fact that when they were together, things always seemed to just work out... but she also wanted to be with her family, she missed Tricia and Tria. Then after pacing for a few more times she stopped, and her face took on a look of determination as she faced her father. "Daddy, after all the adventures I've been on with my friends, I have to say that I have my place and you have yours. Tria and Tricia will need you more than I will daddy, but just remember, I'm a threehorn and we can look after ourselves!" she said with pride in her voice and a beaming smile on her face.

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
As they were all still preparing to head out, Ridge caught the words said to Littlefoot, though he hadn't exactly been trying to ease drop or anything, and the spiketail couldn't help smiling for the longneck's benefit. He didn't know what it would be like to be in Littlefoot's foot steps, his father being with him even in this group, though he was just silently observing for the moment.

It was probably the same on most levels, though, the wanting of praise and knowing you did right by their opinion. He thought of saying something to Littlefoot, but decided that would just interrupt his moment and so didn't.

Ducky smiled, happy also, as a solution was found for Chomper and perhaps Cutter as well for while they would be traveling. She glanced around to try and find Cutter again, just hoping he hadn't got lost already, and saw him over talking with Longtail. She couldn't hear what they were saying but smiled that maybe he was making even more friends.

Mrs. Flyer couldn't help laughing a bit as Grandpa Longneck went on sort of over explaining the reasoning for heading away from Pterano's position. "No worries, I know it's not just tom avoid his company" she smiled, "of course it makes sense that if we're trying to find another place we should be looking in as wide circles as we can" she nodded her agreement with the plan.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot could've hopped into the air in that very moment. Cera had chosen his group! She had decided to go against her father, and join them! He was absolutely grinning as he tapped Ridge on the side. "Hey! Cera's coming! That means... our whole gang will be going as a group!" he practically shouted.

"Alright!" he ran out to meet her halfway, giving her a knowing look. "Way to go, Cera! The gang is being kept together!" he exclaimed. "Welcome to the group." he stated, nodding.

Norton had been watching the festivities unfolding, and smirked a little to himself as he folded his arms over his chest, and turned to talk to his father when his foot kicked something hard. "Ow!" he cried, looking down... his breath catching in his throat as he did so. Below him, glittering in the dirt, was perhaps the shiniest rock he'd ever seen. It was a gold in color, shimmering in the sunlight. "Huh..." He reached down, picking it up and looking down into its depths. It was faceted, the kind of which he'd never seen before. He'd seen a lot in his day, but never a rock like this.

"Dad!" he called. "Hey, dad! Take a look at this!" Almost as if in cue, as he called out to his father, the female flyer that had first gotten Pterano's attention looked over in Norton's direction... and her eyes widened and then narrowed upon seeing the stone in his hand. The two Rainbow Faces noticed it too, giving Royce a look, and all three of them exchanged glances with each other. They seemed to know exactly what it was that the young flyer was holding.

"Huh? Norton?" Pterano asked, catching sight of the gem in his hands. Whistling, he looked it over as Norton handed it to him.

"You ever see anything like this?" his son asked, almost breathless.

"No... No I haven't." Pterano said, shaking his head, completely awestruck by the glittering stone.

"What do you suppose it is?"

"Um well... I'm not... not entirely sure." Pterano responded, at a loss for words.
Huh... you found it just now?"

"Yeah... in the ground." Norton responded, nodding.

"Ever see anything like this, Mr. Cyrix?" Pterano asked, holding the stone out to him. It was small enough to fit in his palm, and could easily be carried around. "Oh... and you said you'd be joining us. Grand!" he declared. "You mentioned some serious matters though... well yes... I can listen to what you have to say." He briefly looked over Cyrix's shoulder, and noticed that the other group seemed ready to depart. They were also forming more groups as well, dividing up further, so that they didn't have one massive wandering mixed herd. "Children! Are you about ready to go?" he called over to Cutter and Longtail. "Apologies Mr. Cyrix. Just wanted to make sure we're all gathered before we head out." he explained.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good... well at least you understand my reasoning." Grandpa Longneck said, cracking a smile. "Right... then let's go looking for green spots. Provided we're all ready... Mr. Threehorn... if you're daughter is not coming with us... it's best to say goodbye." he said sincerely, giving the threehorn a long look. "We'll see them again... it'll only be a matter of time."

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mr. Threehorn, hearing Grandpa Longneck's words, tried to finish his conversation quickly. "That's my little threehorn girl! Just stay strong, like you always have, and we'll see each other again soon!" He made his way to the front of his group, before giving the orders to move on. "Yes, Grandpa. I think going the opposite way as the...adventuring brigade over there is a good idea. Let's head out!"

----------------------------------------------

Cutter looked on at Longtail in some concern, as he continued to shed feathers. He really didn't look too well. But also, the little fast biter was overjoyed he found SOMEONE around here that actually spoke like he did. "You can actually speak sharptooth? That's great! I've been Chomper and his friends since last night, and it's been kind of lonely, since Chomper's the only one that I could talk to. Anyway, it's nice to meet you. What's your name?"

Cutter just ignored Pterano's call to return to the group, since he couldn't understand it anyway.

Chomper, however, heard Pterano's call, and rushed over to let the 1 and a half sharpteeth know. <Hey, Cutter. Pterano's saying we're about to head out. Come on!>

<Wait, where are we going?> Cutter replied.

<Well, we're going out to look for food...um...greenfood for all of the flatteeth here to eat.>

<Chomper, why don't you talk to me more? I never have any idea of what's going on around here!> Cutter sighed as he started to make his way with Chomper back to Pterano's group.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail gave a startled gasp as he realized that he was indeed speaking sharptooth and immediately shut his beak. He then noticed he was still shedding feathers as he walked over with Chomper and Cutter his eyes darting around as if looking for something he truly couldn't see. Even as he heard Cutters comment about spending more time with Chomper the young flyer couldn't help but open his beak and speaking far more softly this time whispered to Cutter. <I can talk to you when we're not around the others and translate for you if that would make it easier.>

Cyrix looked at the rock in his hand for a moment and was utterly stunned. It shined like the bright circle, but it was small enough to fit in his hand. "This.... is amazing! Where did you find this stunning rock Norton? There may be more around." he said with an amused grin as he noticed his nephew along with Cutter and Chomper walking over. It was then the rainbow face noticed that Longtail was shedding feathers.... rather quickly too. Now his concern was rising again, but not wanting to raise suspicion he stayed silent.

Cera grinned as well as she stepped over to Littlefoot. "Of course I'm coming with you guys! After all you will need all the protection you can get, and besides you can't have a herd without a threehorn in it anyway!" she said not bothering to hide the pride in her voice.

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
As Littlefoot rushed over excitedly as Cera made her choice, Ridge laughed a bit to himself. He wouldn't try to push back on the longneck any of the comments he'd innocently made before, but he still found Littlefoot's enthusiasm after what he'd said kind of funny.

"Oh yes, and I am glad that we are all going together, I am!" Ducky said, as she rushed over as well. "I do not know about threehorns, but it would still not be the same without you, Cera, would not".

Ridge's father squinted towards the rock causing all this pondering between the flyers. "Hmm...well that's odd" he agreed, yet commented to his mate and Mrs. Swimmer.

"To say the least" Mrs. Swimmer agreed with a nod.

~~~~~

As it seemed everything was winding down and the groups about ready, well hers anyway, Mrs. Flyer flapped up, "Come on, Harper, let's see what we can't spot for a good direction to head" she said to her daughter, knowing how much wanting to be useful had driven her choice in coming over. With a smile, Harper flapped up after her mom.

As they reached still low altitude, Mrs. Flyer turned to her brother's group. "You all just make sure to be careful out there" she called for her final parting. It wasn't a criticism of Peterano's abilities at all, just, a customary send off. Majority of the other herd seemed fascinated by some rock at the moment. Oh dear, she sighed.

"I'm sure it's different" Harper spoke up with a smile.

Her mother sighed, "All of them are nothing special, I just hope your uncle....doesn't get distracted again".

"I'm sure he won't" Harper was quick with a defense that her uncle wouldn't even hear her say. Her mother glanced to her with a small amused smile of surprise at this. The hatchling just smiled bigger then flapped over to get a look at their options. Her mother soon followed.

"Hmm...well, it's not much to chose from on the way of looking better from here" the adult flyer told Grandpa and Topsy, "but going off what there is to make a decision, we might out best at luck that way, and also we're clear of sharptheeth that way".

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Heh, you got that right." Littlefoot said, not minding if he inflated her ego any.

"Ugh. Will you guys just shut up. I think we're leaving!" Hyp snarled, rolling his eyes. What was with this bunch? They always acted so... enthusiastic to what for all he knew was putting themselves in greater danger every time they struck off on an "adventure" like this one.

"Aw, come on, Hyp. We're just trying to make the most of this... and the entire gang will be here... that's great... right?"

"Yeah, yeah... I guess so." the hypsilophodon said, rolling his eyes again.

"Ah, they're leaving!" Pterano said, nodding at Cyrix. "We'd best be on our way, too. Good luck to the rest of you!" he called, raising his voice and waving his claws. "We'll be sure to send word in a few days!"

Stretching his wings out, he made as if to take to the skies.

"Well I uh... found it right over there... but I don't think there's others like it." Norton explained, checking the ground by his feet again just to make sure. "Why don't we hold on to it then, and figure out what it is later?" He launched himself into the air, a few seconds after which his father followed suit.

"Bye Grandpa! Bye Grandma!" Littlefoot called, giving them a look and waving with his tail as they started off. Turning his head to the direction Pterano was going in, he hoped that Petrie's uncle knew where to go. Their departure was watched rather intently by the female flyer, as well as the Rainbow Faces. The latter traded looks with each other again, but kept their mouths shut for now.

Pterano flew a bit lower to the ground at first, staying near Cyrix. "You uh... said there were darker issues to discuss. What issues exactly would they be?" he asked, keeping his eyes ahead of him, though occasionally glancing down to the Rainbow Face to hear what he had to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright... it's sharptooth free, you say?" Grandpa Longneck asked, nodding. "Good... we'll go that way then. And um... well Mr. Threehorn. I... can agree. But at the same time... we need to trust him... as our children are with him after all.... ironically enough." he muttered, still in disbelief at the situation.

It was good he had Mrs. Flyer around... she'd be to scout ahead, and keep them clear of any dangers. Pterano had the same advantage, and thus, Grandpa Longneck hoped it would keep his Littlefoot safe.

(runner up)
(runner up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Devon stayed up in the air, watching as his father was talking to Cyrix. He figured he should stay out of their conversation as he didn't want to cause any trouble. He looked at the young flyer on his back. "So Petrie, I heard about your Great Day of the Flyers. How was it?"

"Hmmm? Oh it went okay. Me did succeed in the end. How about yours?" Petrie asked, folding his talons below his beak.

"Eh, I didn't have one."

Petrie looked at him confused. "You see," Devon went on, sighing. "It's a pretty long stories."

"Oooohhh, me like long story!"

"Well you see, Petrie, my father never allowed me to have a Great Day of the Flyers. He was pretty abusive when I was your age." Devon explained.

"Uncle Pterano hurt you?" Petrie asked in shock.

"Oh ho ho no. Pterano's very good to me. I was talking about my other dad."

"You have two dads?" Petrie's eyes widened, as he knew that two dads meant only one thing. "You grew up with...Wait. UNCLE PTERANO IS GAY???" ( :lol :lol  :lol  Hope you don't mind if I put that in your rp, Pterano. But if you want me to change it, I'll change it. :lol ) Petrie's jaw dropped and he all of a sudden felt uneasy.

Devon's jaw also dropped as he too suddenly felt uneasy. "Uhh no, uh no, Petrie. Pterano has no power of gayness whatsoever. I don't even know how you would know about that so soon but...it's complicated." He hung his head low, remembering about his biological father...and what he had said the previous night. "This isn't over, Pterano. I'll kill Devon and you won't have to worry about protecting your precious family anymore." That quote by Sierra ran through his head like thousands of locusts.

(Okay again. Please do not be offended by the "gayness". It is not meant to hurt anyone. It's just to make people laugh. Nothing more, nothing less. However, Pterano, I really hope you don't mind if I put that gayness in there.  But still, just say the word and I'll change it.  :yes )

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky nodded along with Littlefoot's point, "Oh yes, and I just know that we are going to find a whole bunch of green food enough for everyone like we did before, after all Petrie's uncle already knows a place to go to, like he said, and it is sure to have green food".

Ridge smiled, "That's the sprit you two, of course we will". It wasn't said sarcastic at all.

As they walked on, Mrs. Spiketail smiled over to Ducky's mom who smiled back. If they could just take from the children's optimism, perhaps they and their own spirits would be ok on this trip.  Mr. Spiketail couldn't help glancing back to the other Rainbow Faces, besides Cyrix, the ones who didn't talk much. He wasn't suspicious, just...slightly curious. He soon shrugged it off and faced forward again.

As he walked, he almost bumped into the two little sharpteeth again. "Oh...Uh, excuse me Chomper isn't it? And...Uh, your friend" he said. It was still odd talking to sharpteeth, but he'd heard this one, Chomper, was anything but mean and so figured he should at least try to act normal and cordial to him and the other who's name he couldn't recall, especially if they were going to be traveling together.

~~~~

As Pterano called back, his sister caught the words even as they were moving off as well. She tried to not recall back to the last time he'd been promising to send word back. She truly believed her brother was changed, otherwise she wouldn't have allowed the others or most of all Petrie to go with him. No, there would be no more "accidents". She was sure...mostly sure anyway.

She answered with a nod back then turned her attention to keeping alert on their travels for both danger and possible encouraging signs of life. She caught Grandpa's words however muttered they were. "Even so" she added in to the longneck and threehorn's talk, "and while I obviously am not doubting my brother, the sooner either of us find something the better for all".

"Hey mom" Harper spoke up, "Uh and Mr. Longneck and Threehorn I guess, since you are in charge and all" she glanced down to them too, "...do you want me to be the one to fly back and tell if we find something first, since I'm smaller and couldn't probabaly make it faster?".

Her mother hadn't pondered this question. "Oh I don't know dear, that might be risky, we'll decide when it comes up".