The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Worst Movie Ever!

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
There is only one movie where I thought: Now what is this supposed to be? That movie was Eragon.

Yeah yeah, awesome special effects and stuff. Cool. How close is the movie to the book? Not at all.
No wonder there isn't a sequel. Yeah, let us remove an entire species that has an important role in the following books, to give just one example.

Actually, if there wouldn't be a book that the movie is supposed to be based on (literally supposed xD) it would be a decent one. I'm pretty sure Paolini wasn't involved at all, except of giving his okay.

I really hope that someday there will be a movie that is close to the book and well made, and with an ending that actually allows to make the rest of the series into movies as well. And I'm glad there isn't a sequel to the existing one. xD

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The Eragon movie sucked, no doubt about it.  However, simply not following source material doesn't necessarily make a movie bad.  Take "How to Train Your Dragon" for example.  The movie, and from the looks of trailer, the second one as well, have little to do with the original book series other than a few of the major characters have the same names as in the books.  Aside from that, it's a completely different story.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yep, a completely different story, that's why it's working. Eragon tries to stick to the book but isn't very successful at it.^^

I am the Great IB

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I don't usually hate movies and can only think of two that I really despise, the Epic movie which was too stupid for me and  Disney s Ariel Beginning I just didn't care for it maybe because I watched the old tv series when I was younger but  like most of their sequels so it's the first Disney movie I don't like.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
While I can't really say it's a bad movie, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth. That being Ralph Bakshi's Fire and Ice. My feelings toward it...

I mean everyone is running around in their underwear! And I don't know why they made that decision. Was it easier to animate? Was something wrong in Bakshi's head? All I know is, I could practically smell all the...man smells (and one lady smell) and just...ew. It's...unsettling to say the least.

It also bored me a little, but mostly that I had to riff "As the king and the most dressed person here, I command that you go find your sister".

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The "worst movie ever" is a movie so bad that it doesn't actually exist.  No really, this is an idea for a movie I thought up earlier.  Basically, Tommy Wiseau, M. Night Shyamalan and Michael Bay all team up and make a movie called "Wood", an extreme action thriller based on the life of Ed Wood.  Oh, and the three of them would all have staring roles in the movie.  Make of that what you will. :lol

Seriously though, for actual bad movies, just pick any Uwe Boll movie.  They're not even entertainingly bad.  They're just "bad" bad.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Jul 30 2014 on  09:19 PM
The "worst movie ever" is a movie so bad that it doesn't actually exist.  No really, this is an idea for a movie I thought up earlier.  Basically, Tommy Wiseau, M. Night Shyamalan and Michael Bay all team up and make a movie called "Wood", an extreme action thriller based on the life of Ed Wood.  Oh, and the three of them would all have staring roles in the movie.  Make of that what you will. :lol

Seriously though, for actual bad movies, just pick any Uwe Boll movie.  They're not even entertainingly bad.  They're just "bad" bad.
Hey, don't forget Uve Boll! There is no truly bad movie without Uve Boll

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Only bad movie that I can think of right now would be Spy Kids 4. Did not enjoy that one at all, the first two movies were the best in my opinion, third was okay, but the fourth one should not have happened. And I'm not complaining because the actors changed or something like that, I just didn't find it enjoyable.  :p

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Wall by Channel (No longer so) Awesome YouTube movie redoing of Pink Floyd's movie version of The Wall

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Lorax (2012).  Oh boy, my hatred for this one knows no bounds.  I actually felt ripped off with this one.  I felt I was scammed.  Heck, if I sold it, I feel like I might be ripping someone else off.  I don't even want to donate it because I feel it to be absolute trash.  In the end, that's where it belongs.  The trash.

And I don't know why I don't throw it away.  Perhaps, after getting this off my chest, I finally will.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Hey, this post was made around the same time as my last one in 2019. The coincidence couldn't have been timed better! :lol

I've had few days to mull over what bad movies I've seen in 20 years of my life, and let me say that it was harder than I thought. Part of the reason likely was that good/amazing movies stick with you long after, whereas bad ones don't. But I feel like Shopping Tour (2012) deserves the spotlight this time. The only fun I had watching this movie was to laugh at how ridiculous the plot was: a Russian tour group is suddenly attacked by wild cannibals while in Finland, the aforementioned cannibalism being part of the Finnish culture to eat foreigners for one day every year. As a Finn, this movie was not only poorly executed, but a preposterous attempt to create an horror movie out of cannibals. :p

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Hmm, I'm sure I've seen plenty of bad movies, but it's hard to think up one that stands out to me as being the WORST. If I think about specifically animated movies, though, the Dinotopia cartoon Quest for the Ruby Sunstone comes to mind. *Sigh*...I'm ashamed to say this movie was a big part of my childhood, right alongside LBT. Then, years later, I dug it out of the cabinet, hoping for nostalgia. Instead, I was shocked I'd ever thought the obnoxious movie was good! There were WAY too many mean-spirited, annoying characters who were there for no reason but supposed comic relief. The villain sidekicks were irritating, and the good-guy sidekick was even MORE irritating, to the point of being unbearable! (His name was Spaz. I don't really need to say more!) :x A heaping of Spaz-induced torture forced me to turn off the insufferable movie halfway through. UGH! :anger The only part of that movie I was able to squeeze any nostalgia from was skipping to the end credits for the song that played there, which, amazingly, was as good as I had remembered (unfortunate that it had to be in THIS movie).

I guess the bright side is how that crummy movie introduced me to the REAL Dinotopia: the book series that is interesting, imaginative, welcoming, and everything else the cartoon is not! (I've also seen the author, James Gurney, mention online that he'd objected to the making of that dumb cartoon version--no surprise there!) :p But here's what really shocked me: Davis Doi, the director of LBT XIV, also directed that poor excuse for Dinotopia. Thank goodness we didn't get some Spaz 2.0 in Journey of the Brave!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
My choice is Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (2007)

It was long, and so boring I actually fell asleep in the theater, and that never happens to me.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Foodfight (2012)

The animation is so bad it's like, how did they raise $65,000,000 with the script?

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

It was long, and so boring I actually fell asleep in the theater, and that never happens to me.

I love the original Pirates trilogy, including this one. :smile To each their own, though! I did think that the first two Pirates movies were better than the third. The third did start out pretty slow, and I remember wondering, the first time I saw it, when things were going to pick up. Also, I thought the 4th and 5th movies were pretty bland...without much of Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom, things just weren't the same.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@Enchanted-Valley96 The events surrounding the movie didn't help it, but I guess the animation wouldn't of save the story. :thudstonk

Hmm... If I had to think what movie I have seen to be the worst it has to be the Cat and the Hat as I felt like it was the most inappropriate way to adapt a children's story. (It was so bad that Dr. Seuss's wife objected to a possible sequel and it killed the live action Seuss films right there). It was pushing the rating too much and it scared me as a kid, I repeat, it SCARED me.

Okay, what else...speaking of being scared, worst horror? I'd say Halloween H20, why? It's made as a horror movie, but it's more of a drama with horror only really being at the start and end. The most recent Halloween movie made a homage of one of the many weak fake outs from H20 as it was a retelling of that particular story idea, but it turned it into a real scare.

Worst animated movie? There is a lot, but if it's related to Don Bluth, I'd say All Dogs go to Heaven 2. It contradicts events in the first movie with nothing from the previous getting mentioned. David is the cliche "I ran away from home because remarriage/new sibling (They switch between the two)", The animation hasn't aged well, and Charlie is even a bigger jerk as in he (Spoilers):
Spoiler: ShowHide
 NEARLY DESTROYS HEAVEN JUST TO HELP THIS ONE KID AND TO BE WITH A DOG HE JUST MEET!! HE WOULD RATHER LET DOGS GET STUCK IN PURGATORY!!

Eh hem, I am just gonna say, they acted like the all the character development in the first movie didn't exist. Also that dog I mentioned in the spoilers, she doesn't like Charlie and Charlie keeps messing up, offering bad advice and stuff (Easy street, a catchy song XD). Yet she hooks up with him? I don't see the relationship there. XP They also back pedaled idea at the end of the first movie that Carface might get a redemption arc. (Spoilers):
Spoiler: ShowHide
 NOPE! HE SELLS HIS SOUL AND GOES TO THE UUNDERWORLD.
This was a childhood classic to me and now that I have grown… It's bad. XD Will say the police chase and final battle looked cool. Also liked Red, he was a neat villain.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind I've never seen that live-action The Cat in the Hat (thankfully), but it looks like it must have been the 2000s counterpart to the infamous new Cats movie. (Filmmakers, the moral of this story is that movies about creepy CGI cats are destined to fail.) :p Also, I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one who was let down by one of their "childhood classic" movies.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

I love the original Pirates trilogy, including this one. :smile To each their own, though! I did think that the first two Pirates movies were better than the third. The third did start out pretty slow, and I remember wondering, the first time I saw it, when things were going to pick up. Also, I thought the 4th and 5th movies were pretty bland...without much of Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom, things just weren't the same.

I loved the first POTC film, but the sequels were not to my taste. What was funny in first felt like it jept getting rehashed or outdone (which doesn’t work) in sequels, IMHO.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Rock-A-Doodle is pretty bad, and yes I had to include a Don Bluth one. He made masterpieces like Land Before Time (which we all love of course), An American Tail, and The Secret Of NIMH, but Rock-A-Doodle is just a trainwreck. I didn’t even like it as a kid, I even thought it was stupid then.

Also, for those who have seen James Cameron’s Titanic (no I don’t hate it, in fact, it’s actually my favorite movie of all time), there’s actually an animated Titanic movie called “Titanic: The Legend Goes On” which is incredibly stupid and ridiculous, and the animation is lazy, not to mention the incredibly STUPID scene where the dog starts rapping (because yes there totally WAS a rapping dog aboard the Titanic in 1912)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 11:20:40 PM by credence007 »

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Rock-A-Doodle is pretty bad, and yes I had to include a Don Bluth one. He made masterpieces like Land Before Time (which we all love of course), An American Tail, and The Secret Of NIMH, but Rock-A-Doodle is just a trainwreck. I didn’t even like it as a kid, I even thought it was stupid then.

Also, for those who have seen James Cameron’s Titanic (no I don’t hate it, in fact, it’s actually my favorite movie of all time), there’s actually an animated Titanic movie called “Titanic: The Legend Goes On” which is incredibly stupid and ridiculous, and the animation is lazy, not to mention the incredibly STUPID scene where the dog starts rapping (because yes there totally WAS a rapping dog aboard the Titanic in 1912)
I can't believe there are two animated Titanic movies that are completely awful. I don't know why anyone would do that twice.

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~