The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
National Treasure: Book of Secrets is the sequal to the original National Treasure.

I got to see a special preview of it while watching the original on TV.  In the original, the secrets were all around us, but this time, they're all around the world.  According to the storyline, there is a hidden treasure that the world would want and the "map" this time is hidden within what is known as The President's Book.

The President's Book is a journal that has been handed down from President to President.  Only the President of the United States is allowed to look inside the contents and swear absolute secretsy about what's inside.  What the book is said to contain are the secrets that the President wouldn't want us to know about. (Does Area 51 exist?  Who shot John F. Kennedy?, etc.) It is inside a hidden area within the White House that only the President knows how to access.  So you can imagine the great importance this hidden book holds.

Other than that, all I know is that we have the original heroes of the story back. (Yes, even the computer geek.) Also, there's plenty of action, just like the first movie.  It also gives out the pieces of history that connect the story, just like the original.

This is all I know, and it's coming to theaters December 21.

Interesting, no? :)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've never seen the original National Treasure movie. It looked interesting. I would like to, someday. Does anybody here know if it is any good?

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I loved the first National Treasure so when I first saw this commercial I was psyched. I can't wait to see it!! :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I saw it and boy was it good!

It holds everything the original has to offer ya.  It has been some time since our heroes found The Templar's Treasure.  They have all gone their seperate ways.  However, when Ben Gates' great-great-grandfather is accused of mass conspiracy, he must find the clues needed to uncover the truth of what his ancestor was trying to hide; The City of Gold.

There is a bit of a disappointment in this one though.  There aren't as many clues that lead to the very end, but at least they tried to liven it up a bit.  It was more difficult to access the clues.  Plus the computer geek we know is a lot better of a hacker.

It was a great movie.  One I feel everyone should see.  Even if they haven't seen the original.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I was pretty skeptical of a sequel, after all, it WAS a sequel that didn't need to be, however, it was done VERY well IMO

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
It was a bit rushed, but good. Riley's firarri scene at the end was hilarious! I see why it's tax free  :P:

I like Enchanted and The Game Plan better, though

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I saw the first one.  It was okay, but nothing great.  Certainly not good enough to justify another movie though.