The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Slight trouble uploading avatars

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm not really sure where to put this, but here seemed like the best place.  

I tried to upload an avatar here, but the site won't let me.  It's a png file, and it says that png files are accepted, but it won't let me.  What am I doing wrong? Also, is there enough space on this site to host the avatar image or will I have to find some place to put it?  

Please forgive me, I get frustrated easily and I'm sure the solution is right in front of my face, but I thought it would be best to ask.   :slap

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Check the size of the avatar you are trying to use. It may be too large.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think the avatar has to be under a certain size.  I don't recall what that is.

I found it, by poking around My Controls & Edit Avatar, it says at the top:

"Your avatar must be no bigger than 120 pixels by 120 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 25 KB.
The following file types are allowed: .gif .jpeg .jpg .png .bmp"

Not sure if that helps or not.  Some more knowledgeable folks on here can help you with how to do whatever needs doing.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Exactly what the two above me said. If it's bigger than that I recommend you upload it elsewhere (like photobucket.com) and use the image link ^^

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I had this problem too. So I enter the URL of the image to get my avatar. And it work. I hope this helps. :DD

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone.  I forgot to mention the specs.  
It is 120 pixels by 103 pixels and 14.0 KB.  It's a png with transparency, but maybe it's a different kind of png file?  Are PNG-24 files or PNG-8 files accepted?  Or both?  I'm trying to upload it from my computer, so maybe it is too big.  
Sorry for asking so many questions, I've never actually done this before  :bang

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Actually never mind, I think I figured it out, hopefully it shows up.  
Thank you everyone for putting up with my cluelessness!   :oops

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can see your Avatar, looks like you got it all fixed.