The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Around the Folf

Nick22 · 698 · 56475

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 Marita entered the room where Flora was. ' what ARE you doing flora? Marita said . ' i dont think they left the  vault keys in there. come to think of it, there isnt anyone else here.So i dont know why you are sneaking around.' marita added as she came up to where Flora stuck ' now the question is: in or out?Do you want to go in there, or  get out"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"No, I can see them!" Flora protested, dangling her arm over the counter where a rack of keys hung just out of her reach. "They won't go to the vault, but I bet they open the safety deposit boxes. Push me forward, I just need a little nudge!" She struggled fitfully for a couple more seconds before giving up in frustration. "Look," she panted, "there's a killer storm outside and we're fighting for our lives. Maybe someone stored something useful in these? We're not stealing, we're scavenging for survival, like Tom Hanks in Castaway."

But despite her assurances, Flora knew the burden of choice was on Marita. If she wanted to help Flora loot the deposit boxes, or if she decided that was unethical and instead pulled her out of the window, Flora would have to go along with what Marita decided.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 07:16:46 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Fine I'll help you" Marita said. 'hold on i'll give you a push' she said gping up to up to floria and oushing on her but. ' just.. squeeze in your gut' Marita said, as she pushed '  and reach for something to pull yourself towards"
- Emma and Marie were trying to clean themselves off in the sink as best they could. ' this stuff is nasty ' Emma sighed as she filled a sinbk with greeen gunk. ' could be a lot worse." marie said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora huffed and puffed and sucked her stomach in as much as she could. Scrabbling her fingers for purchase, she gasped in surprise when her hips popped through the window frame and Marita’s push sent her flying into the far wall with a crash.

“Nice...job!” Flora encouraged dizzily, stumbling to her feet and rubbing her head. She staggered to the booth’s door and opened it, giving Marita access to the deposit boxes. “There are two keyrings, let’s split up and see what we can find,” she urged, tossing Marita the set for the near wall and crossing to the further one.

The keys were marked, but not with the number of the deposit box, meaning that it was a slow and laborious testing process to find the key that opens each box. The first three were empty; the next contained someone’s will. Two empty boxes later, she gasped in surprise at the set of military medals in a fashionable case. “Okay, we’re leaving this one here...” she muttered, looking in alarm at the different colored ribbons. “Last thing I want is to make an enemy of somebody with this much military history.”

The next deposit box contained the first real score; a handful of glittering gold coins. The next had several rolls of foreign dollars Flora didn’t recognize. “I wonder why they didn’t store these in a bank...” she murmured, nevertheless retrieving and throwing them in a plastic bag with the coins. “Hey, wait, there’s something else here...” With the bills out of the way, she fished out a metal rectangular device with four rows of nine blinking lights. Each light had a name next to it, and a thin black button sat in the center guarded by a removable transpart cover. “What the hell is this?” She raised her eyebrows, opening the cover and experimentally pressing the button.

The device beeped loudly and Flora almost threw it back in the deposit box, fearing it could be a bomb, but then it stopped beeping and died down. <”Results forthcoming,”> a computerized voice informed.

Flora blinked. “Marita, you have any idea what this thing is?”

—————————-

Kojurro was still lying in a crumpled heap somewhere in Sartonic. He would have been perfectly content to keep doing so, but his tontine augment suddenly activated. Detecting his semi-conscious state, it sent a pulse to his brain asking if he was dying. When the brain didn’t respond, it flooded him with stimulants, causing him to gasp and roll over reflexively.

“Augh! Ugh...” Kojurro rubbed his forehead. “Where am I...?” He looked around. “Goddamn, the storm is still happening? I hoped to wake up in sickbay...drugged out on morphine...”

The tontine augment sent another signal to his brain, seeing if he was alive. This caused his fur to stand on end...every member of the tontine promised never to scan for a status update unless they knew another member had died. He’ll need to return to his deposit box and see which names remained; last he remembered only four of them were still alive after all this time. Tontine augment, he asked, which participant requested the update?

It reported his own name, and he gasped in surprise. Someone had access to his tontine status indicator? He quickly crossed to the nearest window, shattered it with a spinning kick, and fled into the torrential storm. If someone had broken into his deposit box, there was no time to waste.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:34:48 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i have no idea, best to put it back' Marita shrugged ' better  hope its not a detonator to a bomb or something. lets see what else these boxes hold. Also is there any other way out of there? Or do i have to pull you out the same way?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Naw, the door opens from the inside." Flora crossed and pushed the door aside so Marita could enter. She looked at the rectangular device again, then set it aside and continued unlocking deposit boxes.

About thirty minutes later, she'd found a fair amount of valuables among the mostly-useless contents (usually notarized documents or birth certificates) but had to leave a number of items that would be difficult to fence, like passports and land/property deeds. "That wasn't as successful a search as I'd hoped," she admitted. "Most of this is only useful if we find ourselves needing to purchase something. You find anything good?"

She glanced at the mysterious rectangle and jumped when it suddenly lit up. Each of the little lights next to the names was now red, except for one that was blue. She checked the name: 小十郎よしひろ. Hmmm, if we can find a working computer we could translate that to English. Glancing to make sure Marita wasn't looking, she slipped the device into her bag of money. "We should probably get back to the others, see if they're still showering."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 08:35:17 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
no, let then have their privacy.' maritas said pulling out her phone.. i have an app can translate different languages..  let me look sat that thing..' just for a second.. ' she said running  her phone over the letters ' ok, its Japanese. its a name yoshihiro Kojurro.' marita said. ' wonder why its on that list..' She said  before puling the phone away,. ' Not lets go see if we can find anything and i mean anything to eat.. i wouldnt turn my nose up at a hot dog or a bratwurst ' Marita said. 'she opened the door to the room they were in. ' come on Flora...
_
the water slowly ran down over Emmas front as she scrubber the gunk off of her with a var of soap. Marie had created a vice screen to replace a yucky , moldy screen had had been in its place before. ity would serve as basically a large , disgusting floor mat. ' Just remember to leave some soap for me.'  Marie said from behind her. the showe area was small as they were real close to each other, emma currently in front closers to the howerhead which was spraying water straight down  and only some was washing over Marie.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Kojurro?" Flora asked. "I wonder if he's related to the Dr. Kojurro at Sartonic." Now that they had a name to go off of, she decided to hold onto it. Hopefullly it wasn't actually a bomb or something... Then Marita mentioned food, which broke Flora out of her contemplative ruminations. "Ooh I'd found a room with food! There was a fridge back in the break room!" Flora led the way back down the hallway. "I wasn't brave enough to go rummaging through old forgotten lunches, but there was a partially eaten cake that wasn't bad."

However, when they entered the break room, the floor was now flooded. "What? That couldn't have come from the ground floor." Flora followed the source of the water and found herself at a stairway going up. she followed it, and eventually found herself creeping through concrete corridors straining and shuddering from the full brunt of the storm. The walls were badly leaking, and eventually she decided it wasn't safe enough to continue.

"Bad news," she told Marita somberly, returning to the flooded break room. "We won't be able to go much higher; the bank's ceiling is slowly eroding; water's flowing in from the top floor down. I think we're fine for the time being, but we have to hope this storm doesn't last forever..."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:38:45 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
it wnont last forever, naturally. earths atmosphere is simply not stable enough to keep storms going indefinitely. jupiter which has storms that last for literally hundreds of years, is what you are thinking of. " marita said ' come on, lets go find something to eat. at  this point  "i'l eat just about anything.
-
 rose had finished cleaning her paws as best she could in the sink. ' just dont hog all the hot water , you two. i'm going to need a shower muself pretty soon. " dont worruy' emma replied . marie and I are almost done..'
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"We've got one more option," Flora nodded. "I saw a vending machine on the upper floor."

She led the way to the staircase. "Be careful," she warned, as water was leaking from the ceiling and the walls were showing signs of disintegration. "Things are a lot less stable up here."

The vending machine contained a decent supply of chips, pretzels, gum, and other snacks. "Oh man, that fish jerky would be perfect..." Flora panted, pressing her face against the glass. "Let's see. If we can find some sort of heavy object to break the glass..." She spotted a potted plant and lugged it over. "Help me with this. Three...two...one...HEAVE!"

The succulent smashed against the vending machine glass, bounced backward with alarming elasticity and making Flora dart out of the way with a startled cry. Simultaneously the floor collapsed from underneath them and sent the plant, folf, and machine plummetting down to the next floor.

"Marita! Are you okay?" Flora called out in alarm, rubbing her hamstrings from the sudden unexpected fall. She'd ended the tumble unharmed, albeit in a crumpled heap and covered in sawdust. "I think I'm okay--whoa!" Abruptly the floor gave out again, sending her plummeting into the lobby with a heavy splash. Luckily the water level was high enough that it completely dampened her landing. "Oof..." she groaned, paddling to the surface. "Good news, Marita, most of the snacks are okay!" she called out, gathering handfuls of the bags. "Get down here!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
just gran me some chips ' marita said as she came down..
 Emma and marie locked lips in a warm and deep kiss, the  golden retriever sliding her tongue into the vixens mouth as the pair brushed against the vine screen covering the shower. Maries claws moved down from emmas chin and down over Emma;s chest and finally to the bulge in  her belly. Emma moaned in pleasure as she returned the kiss to Marie, feeling her tongue collide with Marie's inside her mouth. after about 5 minutes, Marie broke the kiss, and stared at Emma.. ' you've been wanting that for awhile, havent you? Emma smirked. ' y-yeah actually ' Marie blushed , as Emma stroked her cheek with her claws. ' well, consider this an open invitation for future kisses.' the vixen smiled. 'for now though, lets get out of the shower, because Rose will want some hot water for her shower.  Marie moved the vine screen aside and the 2 girls exited the shower and Rose moved into the space they had just left." thanks for leaving me some hot water girls. just dry off as best you can while you wait for me.' she said with a smile, as Marie moved the vine across the opening to give rose some privacy
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora swam to the safety of the stairs, clutching as many waterproof snacks as she could carry. "You're lucky the collapse missed you..." she panted to Marita. "That was terrifying! I may be soaked to the bone again, but all things considered I got off easy."

Collapsing on the marble tiles, Flora got a glimpse of the outside world from the ruined lobby. "It's nighttime...we might want to start considering finding a good place to sleep. That staff room had two couches we could push together to make a bed." She sat up. "Wonder if the others are still showering, or if they've gone off to do some exploring of their own. Should we go check the bathroom?"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:34:25 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
no,we should get the beds set up first .' Marita shook her head. ' theres no question of finding clothes to sleep in, we will just have to get used to each others curves..not that i mind that ' she smirked. ' the sooner we get them set up the sooner we can we get some sleep. we would also get our choice of sleeping spotds as we were first, Emma, rose and Marie would just have to take what was left. last to come, gets whatevers left after all ' Marita said. she glanced at the snacks, which ran from chipds of various flavors,. to fgronala bars,  to packaged fruit pages to  pretzeks ' seems like we have a bunch of snacks to munch on, so thats something at least."
-
 emma sat near the sink, lettinmg the warm temperture in the room dry off the watr on her fur. Marie was looking at herself in the bathroom mirrir, trimming some over-long eyelashes.  Rose wss humming softly to heself in the shower washing off all the gunk. which swirled around the bathroom drain.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Okay, let's do it!" Flora agreed, hoisting herself to her feet. "We're certainly getting our cardio for the day, going up and down these stairs."

Carrying the snacks back to the second floor, Flora walked into the break room and nodded approvingly at the pair of couches. "It's gonna be a tight squeeze, getting five of us onto this double-couch, but at least that'll help keep us warm." It was getting colder as the sun set outside, Flora felt a chill travel through her fur as she and Marita dragged the couches into the corner and pushed them together into a decent makeshift bed. "Actually, this looks pretty big," Flora corrected herself, flopping onto the center with an exhausted sigh. "Oh yeah, I can fall asleep on this. Give it a try!" she encouraged Marita.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 12:44:17 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
marita climbed in  in next to flora. ' yeah this isnt that bad. ' Cushions are reasonably soft, all we are missing is a blanket to cover us. otherwise we'll just snuggle together and use each others body heat to stay warm.' Marita said as she settled in. ' i dont know about you, but i'm too wired to sleep at the moment. we could have some of those snacks you brought, as whatever passes for dinner.' She shrugged as she reached for some of the snacks flora had piled up. marta picked out a pack of sour cream and onion chips

-
Rose finished her shower then pushed back the vice screen so she could dry off in the  relatively warm room.

Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora grinned and grabbed a bag of salt-and-vinegar chips. "This is kinda fun..." she admitted, stuffing her face. "I mean, now that we're not in imminent danger. Just sitting in bed together, eating junk food...it almost feels like a sleepover." She sighed. "Sorry, I know that sounds weird. It's just, I never got to have those when I was young. My parents didn't even let me have friends. This is firing some dendrites I'd long forgotten about."

She flashed Marita a warm smile. "You've kept a really level head through all this. I've seen the other girls looking to you for emotional support. Thanks for helping us all get through this ordeal in one piece."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you never had a sleeopver?' marita said ' really? Ok, okj, then we'll have a sleepover. so, flora what do you want to do first. Games, chat. or gossip? i would have some sleepovers with my friends growing up.. we would basically use it as an excuse to play games talk hair styles, and fashion. it wsnt until i was  11 or 12 that we started french kissing each other at these sleepovers , the first time i ever did that was with a girl i knew named Kora. she was a lionesss, liked to tell jokes, was real good at video games, and she and i were best friends until we graduated high school.   she went west for college i stayed local. then i got hooked on biproxytol, and that was not a good time for me ' Marita sighed as she fished inside the bag for some more chips,. ' biproxytol is serious stuff. very expensive, very addicting, usually takes loads of treatment to detoxify you. sometimes, however, you can get clean cold turkey. i .. was one of the lucky ones that was able to quit.  its not a proud time in my life and i've only rarely talked about it ' Marita said. '
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"You french-kissed your friends?" Flora gasped. "Is that normal?" She'd noticed that Marita's circle tended to live rather-open-minded lifestyles, but she'd never thought she was encountering people like that at an early age. "Do people normally kiss each other at sleepovers? No wonder my parents wouldn't let me have them." She sighed. "I guess I shouldn't be too hard on my family. I never saw either of my parents, both spent days and nights at work. I have more memories of the maids and cooks than either of them." She finished her bag, crumpled it into a ball and flung it at the trash can, where it fell far short. "Homeschooled, no church, no television or video games allowed... it was just me alone in that mansion all day. Except for my demon of a younger sister, and my older sister who was kicked out of the family before I turned five."

She shook her head to stop the flashbacks. "But enough of that. What sort of games do you play at a sleepover? Let's play some!" she bounced excitedly.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes  we did. usually as part of truth or dare. we would only go to that, after all the other games were done.' Marita explained. ' and yes theres some of that stuff at sleepovers. its innocent stuff really, its not like we were fondling each other and strippingoff our clothes or aqnything or anything. at 11 or 12 you're still innocent about the ways of the world. and I was and we were.' marita said. ' As for games we could play.. hmm. 20 questions. you think of something, it can be a name of a person place or thing, and i have 20 questions to guess who or what it is.. other games we could play are charades or pictionary or guess that wordf. those were always fun at our parties..Kora usually won the pictonary games, come to think it she usually won just about every kind of game we played.. so. we made her a judge so that others could play and win ' Marita said with a grin..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Damn, Kora sounds like a boss!" Flora exclaimed. "I wish I could meet her. You have any idea what happened to her after college, or where she is now?"

She tried to ponder a good secret item to use for 20 questions, so she'd be ready after they were done discussing Kora.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:21:09 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »