The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 173777

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yes, if there's some place to upload it to... or alternatively I could send it via IRC to anyone who wants it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Just got the recorder.  :p Now let's hope the tape itself still works.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well guess what. I just attempted to record it, only to find there's all kinds of useless rubbish recorded on top of the tape... oh the FRUSTRATION...

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Awww....just noticed now, that's such a shame. :(  It may not be useless garbage.  Recordable tapes weren't meant to last 15 years.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
video tape lasts less time then dvd's do, sad to say.  I also read that everytime you watch a video tape a bit of the magnetic or something on the tape comes off, no idea if it is true or not, so it wears out from use too.  

Though maybe you can go through your video tape collection and get what is still good copied while you still can.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Doesn't sound like the age of the tape was the cause though but rather the movie being played over by some other recording or did I get that wrong?
In any case it is an extreme shame.
Any chance whatsoever that anyone else you know may happen to have an old recording including these scenes? They sure would have made everyone's Christmas here.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Dec 25 2009 on  12:18 PM
Doesn't sound like the age of the tape was the cause though but rather the movie being played over by some other recording or did I get that wrong?
In any case it is an extreme shame.
Any chance whatsoever that anyone else you know may happen to have an old recording including these scenes? They sure would have made everyone's Christmas here.
You got that right not the age of the tape, but another movie recorded over the original recording.. :bang and I'm sure nobody else would have the same recording.

so now the only chance to see the scenes would be sending the TV stations feedback that they would play the movie again, but that's just not going to happen.....

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
It wouldn't hurt to try, would it? The movie must be archived somewhere, right? And this is pretty significant news, seeing as we had thought that the footage had been discarded in the final cut of the movie and was lost wherever.

At any rate, it's a disappointment, but we greatly appreciate your trying so hard to give the rest of us a chance to see that footage. Thank you. :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's really too bad. I had that pretty recently too with one of the recorded movies I enjoyed as a kid. Recently I got my hands on the original Dutch first land before time movie, but that one has nothing significant in it (except for the dutch name of Rooter, which stays silent in the movie).

I'll go and ask around on several free advertisement sites if anyone has a recorded tape from the TV-release in the Netherlands. Who knows, I might be able to aqcuire one.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Dec 25 2009 on  12:59 PM
It wouldn't hurt to try, would it? The movie must be archived somewhere, right? And this is pretty significant news, seeing as we had thought that the footage had been discarded in the final cut of the movie and was lost wherever.

At any rate, it's a disappointment, but we greatly appreciate your trying so hard to give the rest of us a chance to see that footage. Thank you. :)
Yeah I sent feedback for the major TV stations here in finland, but I guess we can safely assume those scenes are now lost for good. sad stuff..

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Got a response from one, saying that they are interested in showing the movie. let's hope for the best.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
When it does air, and if it is the version we want to see, do you have a means of recording it on a disc, so it could be directly uploaded?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah I'll definitely be recording it, if it does air.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Found another 80s trailer, which has a scene that was in the tv version (from the battle between sharptooth and littlefoots mom IIRC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpxdDQkwV8Q#t=4m4s

or is that scene at 4:15 in the theatrical version? I can't recall that one...

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Nope, that scene wasn't in the theatrical version.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Interesting really. I need to check out again, but I am pretty sure you are correct that the scene at about 4:15 was NOT in the cinema version. I haven't seen it in any of the other trailers which include outcut LBT scenes either. This scene may well be part of the many "too scary" sharptooth scenes which have been cut out. Thank you very much for sharing it with us :)
You sure are an archeologist on behalf of these scenes :yes

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Everytime I see a cutsence for that movie it always bring me to tears, why they had to cut it out I don't know why.