The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Tinysauruses

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Discuss the little longnecks from LBT XI here.

So what do we know about them?

-...They are small.  :rolleyes:
-Only longnecks.
-They have only appeared in one movie, but can be seen during the Flip, Flap and Fly song in LBT XII, and Ducky refeers to them in a TV episode.
-They live in a underground cave system, that looks like it's reaching over almost the whole valley...
-Their leader is Big Daddy.
-Lizzy is the "only" daughter of Big Daddy?
-Lizzy has in common with Cera that her dad worries too much about her.
-Two of the kids, Rocky and Dusty are twins and speaks in fragments, filling in eachother.
-Skitter seems to be some sort of "leader" among the kid Tinysauruses (though, we haven't seen any more adults than Big Daddy) and he has a bad habit of getting crushed by people falling at him.  :lol
-He and Lizzy appears to be best friends.
-The Tinysauruses were accused for eating all the Treesweets and therefor hunted across the valley, this matter was happily solved in the end.

If I have forgotten something, go ahead and post it.  :)
This above is just basic facts.

For myself,

As one probably can tell, I love the Tinysauruses! LBT XI being one of my favorite sequals.
And as most things with me and LBT, I can't really say why for sure.
I just like them alot. Which seems to be quite rare around here.

My favorite character is Skitter. He's cool!  :yes
I like the way he is, he acctually reminds me of myself at times.
More on him later.

Big Daddy is a fun character who I fancy. His "big" entry is one of the funniest LBT moments in my opinion.  :lol

I wish that we could see more of them.  :o

I got alot more to say, but the ball is yours now.  :)
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They are interesting characters.  I guess they may not be liked much among fans or some folks in the lbt offices since they didn't appear in even a single episode.

There could be more adult tinysaurauces but it may be that the large earthshake may have separated them like it likely did many families early in the first movie and big daddy could have been the only adult to survive alone on one side of the earthbreak with the rest of the tiny sauruces being kids.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I also like skitter.  I would like to see them return.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The tinysauruses.......they don't seem to be a likely species to exist.  I don't see any reason why one species would diversify so much and adapt to become larger or smaller.  They don't really have a lot of logic connected to them, but they are rather cute and fun.  I don't want them to appear in another sequel, but having them appear in a TV episode might be nice. :yes

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They are cute, and I like the friendship Lizzie formed with Cera.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Me too CT. They both knew what it was like to have a over protective father and they knew what it was like to not have a mom.

I must say, I didn't think I would like the Tinysauruses, I thought they would be these weird little little things.  :blink: However, some of the lines some of them said made me chuckle and they weren't dumb or anything. :p

I do think this species was something that was completely made up from the creators of that movie. Unless someone else can prove to me otherwise, well, that's what I think. :p

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
This is a bit off topic, but I remember seeing a walking with Dinosaurs tribute once...and a fully grown raptor was separated from his herd, washed across the sea, and wound up on an island...with miniature versions of itself, and even it's food supply! Everything (except the plant life) was half it's size.

So while it might seem unlikely that the Tinysauruses are an actual species per say, they could very well be a sub-species of the common Longneck. Just my two cents.  :^.^:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In the lbt universe they may have a common ancestor.  One group went and evolved larger and larger, another group got smaller and smaller, perhaps.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The Tinysauruses may be remotely based on Mussaurus, an ancestor of the later sauruopods which is assumed to have grown no larger than 3 meters (so far only skeletons of young specimen have been found though which are just 20 to 37 centimeters large) hence the name which means "mouse lizard".
I always thought that it would have been interesting to have a group of tiny sharpteeth in the Great Valley. They would not pose a real threat to anyone, but still it is uncertain whether they would be met with tolerance. Unlike the Tinysauruses in LBT 11 they would have a good reason to hide from the other Valley inhabitants. This I think is a somewhat strange part of LBT 11. Is the fear that the larger animals might perhaps do something enough to choose a live apart from daylight and under the earth? And if they chose that live, then why were they out in broad daylight after Littlefoot had shaken the treesweets from the tree? I don't recall if these questions had been answered, it is a long time since I saw LBT 11.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Sep 3 2008 on  02:59 AM
The Tinysauruses may be remotely based on Mussaurus, an ancestor of the later sauruopods which is assumed to have grown no larger than 3 meters (so far only skeletons of young specimen have been found though which are just 20 to 37 centimeters large) hence the name which means "mouse lizard".
I always thought that it would have been interesting to have a group of tiny sharpteeth in the Great Valley. They would not pose a real threat to anyone, but still it is uncertain whether they would be met with tolerance. Unlike the Tinysauruses in LBT 11 they would have a good reason to hide from the other Valley inhabitants. This I think is a somewhat strange part of LBT 11. Is the fear that the larger animals might perhaps do something enough to choose a live apart from daylight and under the earth? And if they chose that live, then why were they out in broad daylight after Littlefoot had shaken the treesweets from the tree? I don't recall if these questions had been answered, it is a long time since I saw LBT 11.
Likely that is one of those plotholes that appear in many movies, tv series, books ect, where no one goes over the script or story, including the writer, and catches that.  

One type of tiny sharptooth type could be a Compsognathus.  I think the adults were around the size of a turkey.  & there are some species that were smaller then the Compy.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Good Malte. I was just gonna say the same thing.  ;)

In the lbt universe they may have a common ancestor. One group went and evolved larger and larger, another group got smaller and smaller, perhaps.
This is acctually good thinking, veiwing it trough an evolutionary perspective.  :yes

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
The tinysauruses are kinda cute, yeah. But they kinda creep me out with their two noses.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ I did not notice that one before, but indeed they do have more than two nostrils on some images.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's a bit weird, but it makes them look extremly cute with those little nostrills!  :^.^:  :wub:

One can wonder why they have two.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
One pair is for breathing, other - for whistling. I once heard, some dinosaures could communicate this way. :)

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I am surprised that there isn't any comprey or little biters in the show.Maybe they are scared of Chomper. He probably would chase them.I wonder what Chomper would do if he heard about them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chomper would likely be glad to see some Compeys, and would hope they are nice sharpteeth.  Then he'd have some to play with if they were nice.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be interesting.  The gang's reaction to tiny sharpteeth, Chomper having some sharpteeth to play with, though small ones, ect.